?250k raised

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

Call me a cynic but I am struggling to believe the figure is this low.. ?75k (we were led to believe if we sold out stmirren), 20k from here, 8k from brau, 20k from auction and u20's - are we rally to believe the rest of the merchandise sales, match tickets and many many fund raising activities have raised less than ?140k..

Can't believe that !!

According to the Evening Hobo News, that 250k is the total for merchandise, tickets, shares, fund raisers etc. Good effort all round, need to keep it up.

kingantti1874

A CONCERTED effort by Hearts fans to bail out their ailing club has raised almost ?250,000 in just seven days.

A Hearts spokesman confirmed that supporters had achieved the running total just a week after a plea for help was first issued in the face of a ?450,000 unpaid tax bill threatening the club?s extinction.

The fundraising tally achieved through share investments, match ticket sales and cash donations was announced as Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas held ?constructive talks? yesterday with Supporters Direct. The government-backed body is negotiating on behalf of the consortium Foundation of Hearts, which is attempting to lead a fans? buyout of the club.

Mr Fedotovas had earlier warned they could be facing a long-term funding gap of up to ?2 million to ultimately stave off liquidation. In a statement issued yesterday, the club said: ?We welcomed the opportunity to talk to Supporters Direct today and we expect further meetings in the future as we move towards a club owned and run by its supporter base.

?There is a lot of hard work ahead, but the current share scheme and the fans? fund-raising efforts remain our priority.?

One unidentified supporter has purchased the club?s top share package in the past week, contributing ?27,500 alone to fundraising coffers. The Tynecastle fighting fund will receive a further boost tonight when a team of Hearts Legends take to the field against an unnamed local football team at the Football Academy at Heriot-Watt University. Kick-off is 7pm.

The immediate closure threats facing Hearts have been stalled after Her Majesty?s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) agreed on Tuesday to an extension giving the club extra time to pay off its outstanding tax bill.

The ?450,000 debt can be paid in two instalments under the agreement. Tomorrow had been the original deadline. The majority of Hearts? first-team players have also agreed to defer their November wages as the Edinburgh side pulls out all stops to battle its crippling debt.

Leading members of Foundation of Hearts will meet in the next few days to discuss plans. A website for the consortium ? www.foundationofhearts.org ? went live last night.

Director Alex Mackie said Hearts now needed to outline what they considered a reasonable offer, including expectations over the size of a potential lump sum payment. He warned fans negotiations would take some time.

kingantti1874

According to the Evening Hobo News, that 250k is the total for merchandise, tickets, shares, fund raisers etc. Good effort all round, need to keep it up.

As I say im utterly amazed its that low.

If true then there must be a lot of folk that haven't put theitr hand in their pocket yet. Would only take 1250 people spending ?200 to hit that figures and know there are folk that have spend more then a grand themselves

True. Maybe Hearts are downplaying it to attract more support, or simply the Evening Hobo has picked the figure out of thin air.

It probably doesn't include everything - some fundraising is still ongoing, not all the money will be in the club's account and so on. It may also not include shares bought before the ?450K tax bill came to light.

Are you suggesting that Vlad has been pocketing some of the money raised?

It probably doesn't include everything - some fundraising is still ongoing, not all the money will be in the club's account and so on. It may also not include shares bought before the ?450K tax bill came to light.

I guess the likes of the Brauhaus ?8k and the Tuesday night ?20k might not be converted into shares yet

True. Maybe Hearts are downplaying it to attract more support, or simply the Evening Hobo has picked the figure out of thin air.

This

I dont see where they could have got the figure from. Hearts wouldnt have given it to them

kingantti1874

How much were you expecting?

Read my opening post

75 k from stmirren

20k + from here

8k from the brau

15k from auction

6k from u20's

=124k ish

So the rest of the merchandise sales, additional match tickets, shares sold directly + the other fund raising activities have raise less than ?126k which equates to approx 450 people buying the ?275 package...

Pretty much every Jambo I know is in for far far more than ?275 .

Doesn't sit right with me

Read my opening post

75 k from stmirren

20k + from here

8k from the brau

15k from auction

6k from u20's

=124k ish

So the rest of the merchandise sales, additional match tickets, shares sold directly + the other fund raising activities have raise less than ?126k which equates to approx 450 people buying the ?275 package...

not to mention it states that one person bot the 22000 package

kingantti1874

Are you suggesting that Vlad has been pocketing some of the money raised?

Not suggesting anything mate. Just saying logically it seems low and it concerns me if its really that low.. 1/9th of the total required. I know for sure I can't continue to contribute like I have financially - I'd be bust..

Read my opening post

75 k from stmirren

20k + from here

8k from the brau

15k from auction

6k from u20's

=124k ish

Fair enough, I was under the impression that we weren't releasing figures that included shares but that may have changed.

If they have they might not be able to include money that's not cashed, like cheques, credit card payments, etc.

kingantti1874

Fair enough, I was under the impression that we weren't releasing figures that included shares but that may have changed.

If they have they might not be able to include money that's not cashed, like cheques, credit card payments, etc.

I hope so.. Time for transparency from the club - we have a right to know how much we have spent donated.

Walter Bishop

Read my opening post

75 k from stmirren

20k + from here

8k from the brau

15k from auction

6k from u20's

=124k ish

if we have sold an extra 4,000 tickets for St Mirren and at a guess and extra 2000 for Aberdeen and Celtic at say an average of ?20 per ticket that would be ?120k on its own?

Im with you, 250k seems very low.

I hope so.. Time for transparency from the club - we have a right to know how much we have spent donated.

I wouldn't rule out the EEN pulling that number out the sky btw.

Tbh I don't see why we need a weekly update on how much funds we've raised, it could very easily result in complacency from fans which is what we need to try and avoid.

kingantti1874

if we have sold an extra 4,000 tickets for St Mirren and at a guess and extra 2000 for Aberdeen and Celtic at say an average of ?20 per ticket that would be ?120k on its own?

Im with you, 250k seems very low.

Extremely low!! As I say, club need to be transparent - we have a right to know

kingantti1874

I wouldn't rule out the EEN pulling that number out the sky btw.

Tbh I don't see why we need a weekly update on how much funds we've raised, it could very easily result in complacency from fans which is what we need to try and avoid.

See where your coming from but if suggest if people lose confidence in club that will also result in a loss of confidence

Seeing as the club have said that they will not be releasing how much has been raised via the share offer, it seems awfy weird folk getting their knickers in a twist about a guess from the evening news.

It says in the article that the figure was announced when fedotovas was meeting with the fans direct or whatever its called, so it possibly came directly from him?

Read my opening post

75 k from stmirren

20k + from here

8k from the brau

15k from auction

6k from u20's

=124k ish

I agree the figure quoted in the EN seems low and wrong.

I hope its just them getting it wrong.

johnnythejambo

I think this just shows theres not a cat in hells chance of raising the 2 million shortfall from the fans. Hope this Foundation thing takes off

I think that's a lot of money in a week.

Not even a week, but 5 days, its nearly 300k. Don't know how people think thats a bad show!

bigis semiauskas

Fed was asked on the radio if the figure was 250k,he doesnt want to say how much exactly but that it was higher than that.

Not even a week, but 5 days, its nearly 300k. Don't know how people think thats a bad show!

Don't think they are saying it is bad rather it is lower than expected when you start to do the maths on tickets sold.

a dont think this counts the share issue money dont think they can legally divulge how much was taking in until the offer closes maybe some of the legal mob can clarify this

a dont think this counts the share issue money dont think they can legally divulge how much was taking in until the offer closes maybe some of the legal mob can clarify this

I don't think it does either, if it does it is heading for disaster.

Call me a cynic but I am struggling to believe the figure is this low.. ?75k (we were led to believe if we sold out stmirren), 20k from here, 8k from brau, 20k from auction and u20's - are we rally to believe the rest of the merchandise sales, match tickets and many many fund raising activities have raised less than ?140k..

Can't believe that !!

Yes. And were we feck at 200k in 2 days.

You listed all the major fundraisers which you calculate as half the total quoted, an.additional 120k including shares seems about right.

What total were you expecting?

The Evening News has been known, in the past, to - how should I put this - speculate about some things which may not be 100% true on closer examination.

So there's no reason to believe them on this.

kingantti1874

Yes. And were we feck at 200k in 2 days.

You listed all the major fundraisers which you calculate as half the total quoted, an.additional 120k including shares seems about right.

What total were you expecting?

Really so an average of less than 450 people with the 275 package... Taking into account one guy bought the top package @ over 20k, less than 380 people have taken the ?275 package on average?

I'd have expected between 500-600k at this point, and so did the guy I spoke to in shop yesterday

The Evening News has been known, in the past, to - how should I put this - speculate about some things which may not be 100% true on closer examination.

So there's no reason to believe them on this.

Speculate is a very polite and mild work for what they get up to - not like them to try and muddy the waters as far as Hearts are concerned though. :whistling:

I think this just shows theres not a cat in hells chance of raising the 2 million shortfall from the fans. Hope this Foundation thing takes off

They would need to raise at least just as much.

Really so an average of less than 450 people with the 275 package... Taking into account one guy bought the top package @ over 20k, less than 380 people have taken the ?275 package on average?

I'd have expected between 500-600k at this point, and so did the guy I spoke to in shop yesterday

I think that that is quite a fair chunk of people you would expext to be able to just give up that amount of money.

Speculate is a very polite and mild work for what they get up to - not like them to try and muddy the waters as far as Hearts are concerned though. :whistling:

I was trying not to post anything libellous.

Remember the News has already this season (in the Spartans match report) called both Mehdi Taouil and Sam Nicholson 'Callum Tapping'. They are capable of anything.

Fort Vallance

Re the share issue alone. There a lot of people like myself outwith Edinburgh who are only in town on match day and are planning do hand in their share applications on Saturday.

kingantti1874

I think that that is quite a fair chunk of people you would expext to be able to just give up that amount of money.

Given the feedback on here, the feedback in the shop and the near 100% take up from my own friends and family(who I suspect would cover a fairly broad demographic) .. I would think its not a big number at all

Re the share issue alone. There a lot of people like myself outwith Edinburgh who are only in town on match day and are planning do hand in their share applications on Saturday.

also a good number of people will have posted their applications and they might still be processing them

Archived