The Famous Five Picture

dannymack

or should i say The Famous Four picture ?

My mate was given this picture from the Sports Memorabilia shop in The Gyle and on closer inspection he noticed that the two Rudi celebration pictures are of the same goal, he went in to ask for a refund but the Manager was insistent that it was of the 2nd and 5th goals, despite his plea the manager sent him on his way refusing the refund but offered a credit note instead, he sent me the picture and i think he is right after examining the cup final footage, the devil in me responded with "You should have bought the other one instead fud " lol what do you think ?

2hft1qd.jpg

Aye same goal!

Any more responses agreeing with him will make him even more determined to get a refund, i told him just to swap it over for something else (there is a better montage) but he is now insistent due to the manager disagreeing with him lol

Personally think it's a great urine extraction of the hibs' Famous Five.

The shop is apparently owned/run by a hibby, and several folk have posted on here in the past about having had complaints and problems with the shop.... :sad:

The 5th picture shows Rudi from the front and you can see Hearts fans. Rudi scores the 5th and celebrates with his back to the hobos at all times.

As for the second. To prove the matter. Gowser is hugging Rudi when he does his points to the boot thing. At the 5th goal he gets lifted up as he bows.

Both same goal. FACT.

I would also point out to the boy in the shop that in the 5th photo grainger is in the background behind rudi. Grainger has just shelled the ball from left back to suso and was absolutely no where near rudi when he scored the 5th! Definitely not a photo of the great man celebrating his 2nd.

Your mate has been bumped a cracker!!!!

Tell him I know a boy who can sell him magic beans that will grow into a beanstalk and let him into a giants castle where there is a goose who lays golden eggs.

In order to get these beans, I require all of his possessions and money.

Tell him to PM me and I will negotiate the details on his behalf, half up front the other half when I deliver the beans. :thumbsup:

Guest Prentice

The shop is apparently owned/run by a hibby, and several folk have posted on here in the past about having had complaints and problems with the shop.... :sad:

I've been into this shop a couple of times and the quality of prints is terrible.

Last time I was in there was a hubs Christmas card in honour of Albert Kidd. Probably their best seller.

The Treasurer

I saw this as I was passing the shop yesterday and thought it looked quite good (I only had a brief glance so didn't notice the detail)

Thanks for the warnings.

Hopefully the club shop can come up with something along the same lines, but with appropriate photos.

I'd much rather give my cash to the club than to some dodgy hobo trying to cash in

95 quid that picture costs.

Nary a signature in sight.

I could make one.

Exactly.

I'd be making the guy give a refund. False advertisement and all that.

?95 !!!!!!!!!!! FFS he didn't mention that. I passed on all the responses from this thread to him this morning and he's heading up there this afternoon for a discussion... knowing him he'll end up in the cells lol. He didn't take the Albert Kidd cards and the owner being a hibee very kindly so I think we've added more fuel to the fire.

I was gonna say just stick a photo of the 5th into the 5th slot... There are plenty pics doing the rounds... But at 95 quid?? F that. Ram it up the guys arce!

Buffalo Bill

There's no doubt it's the same goal celebration and ?95 seems a bit steep but other than that, I think it's a smart bit of work, particularly 'The Famous Five' dig and the excellent font.

Badgeofpride

That picture was on sale the Monday after the cup final.

It's cheap tat and the quality of the pictures are very low.

The shops early stuff is high quality and since then it's gone downhill.

The guy that runs it in my opinion in an arse and the whole of the Gyle Centre is pretty balls.

?95 !!!!!!!!!!! FFS he didn't mention that. I passed on all the responses from this thread to him this morning and he's heading up there this afternoon for a discussion... knowing him he'll end up in the cells lol. He didn't take the Albert Kidd cards and the owner being a hibee very kindly so I think we've added more fuel to the fire.

Did he say if he is interested in my magic beans??

:whistling:

Before the final he paid players feom both teams to sign a load of memorabelia. It gives me great satisfaction that he wasted all that cash for a signed photo of O'Connor and thumb et al that will never be sold.

To be fair to "Alex" if he is a hobo, how is he going to know anything about the 5th goal? He'd have been back on the M8 by then....

Templeton Peck

I'm sure the owner is registered on here as he was once having to defend other memorabilia sold in that shop.

Say What Again

The guy that owns it is called Alex. He used to be a freelance journalist. He's the biggest con man I've ever met! He'd actually call up players hounding them for boots, tops etc..

Had the 'pleasure' of him introducing himself to me and a mate one day in my local. Said he was a sports journo and proceeded to rattle off about six exclusives he quoted as "done deals". I'm 99% certain not one of these done deals ever happened. He passed us later on the evening and asked my mate for a light. He offered him the lighter and he refused it, saying he would only accept it if he could guess my mates star sign :blink: , then proceeded to sit down and make a guess. He was told to take the lighter and f--- off, or simply f--- off.

I'm pretty sure he's barred now for getting into an argument (in which he was clearly wrong) with the manager. :lol:

I'm sure the owner is registered on here as he was once having to defend other memorabilia sold in that shop.

Correct.

Cant stand that shop. They had signed Rudi tops with cup final photos but it wasn't even the proper text on the back of the strip!!!

Had the 'pleasure' of him introducing himself to me and a mate one day in my local. Said he was a sports journo and proceeded to rattle off about six exclusives he quoted as "done deals". I'm 99% certain not one of these done deals ever happened. He passed us later on the evening and asked my mate for a light. He offered him the lighter and he refused it, saying he would only accept it if he could guess my mates star sign :blink: , then proceeded to sit down and make a guess. He was told to take the lighter and f--- off, or simply f--- off.

I'm pretty sure he's barred now for getting into an argument (in which he was clearly wrong) with the manager. :lol:

Correct.

That's sounds exactly the type of thing he would do! He's so strange. I was out in Mercado one night thru the week with Kenny miller, that's when we first met him. After hounding Kenny for the whole night we managed to pie him and head to another boozer. Within ten mins of being there he strolled in and admitted to following us. I honestly couldn't believe it. His brother is just as weird, he was with him at the time. We ended up going home and in the morning Kenny calls me and says his dad got woken up at 4 in the morning from a guy called Alex wanting to know how his night went!!! That's how strange this guy is.

Did he say if he is interested in my magic beans??

:whistling:

He's not registered for Kickback so he can't PM you but he is interested as long as there are no green beans. :thumbsup:

To clarify the pre cup final signing.

The guy actually paid a lot of money to the entire hibs team to sign frame mounts, not photos. These were to be used to frame photos of hibs with the cup. Fortunately it was a complete waste of money and I can only imagine how much of a prick he feels for doing it in the first place.

:pleasing:

The guy that owns it is called Alex. He used to be a freelance journalist. He's the biggest con man I've ever met! He'd actually call up players hounding them for boots, tops etc.. He also tried to stitch up a couple of SPL players by selling pics to newspapers of players on nights out after a Scotland game, even though they didnt do anything wrong. Wouldn't buy any of his stuff. Hope your mate gets a refund!

I don't have any inside info but let's just say I'm amazed at how long this particular business has been on the go.

I don't have any inside info but let's just say I'm amazed at how long this particular business has been on the go.

My thoughts exactly mate.

To clarify the pre cup final signing.

The guy actually paid a lot of money to the entire hibs team to sign frame mounts, not photos. These were to be used to frame photos of hibs with the cup. Fortunately it was a complete waste of money and I can only imagine how much of a prick he feels for doing it in the first place.

This makes me happy..! :D

If I recall correctly, It was prior to the shop and to do with selling stuff on e-bay

Badgeofpride

He had a massive basket of Robbo 27 and Skacel 8 shirts, he got Robbo and rudi to do a signing in his shop (I was happy enough, 98 and 06 final programmes signed for free), Robbo and rudi gave these away for free on the night... Next again day the creep was popping them off for ?100 each.

Plain maroon t shirts, with a brick font on them. Zero do with Hearts.

Any more responses agreeing with him will make him even more determined to get a refund, i told him just to swap it over for something else (there is a better montage) but he is now insistent due to the manager disagreeing with him lol

Personally think it's a great urine extraction of the hibs' Famous Five.

Tell him to speak to this woman - he should get his cash back sharpish.....

[modedit]

Okay folks, unfortunately my mate couldn't make the shop today but he did try to phone the number on the business card several times but all he got was the Tesco answering service, he also phoned the land line number on the shops "recently updated" website but all he got was for what he assumed was a very cheesed off Asian woman (her personal land line number and is sick to the back gums of people phoning her in search of Extra Time Memorabilia). I have passed on the email address supplied by Rudy T (CHEERS `1 :thumbsup: ) and he has also contacted Trading Standards, the ball is firmly in his court. He will be visiting me tonight and i'll be showing him this thread, he appreciates all the responses by giving him extra armour in his quest for a refund.

Really hope your brother gets his cash back. One other thing on him. Kennys ex was in the shop when he was at Ocean T and noticed a pic she personally got framed and signed by Kenny was on the wall. It was given to a friend of the family. Anyway she said were did you get that? Not recognising her he spouted how Kenny came in and signed it personally and how he got it framed. She then said "oh really? Funny that because that's the same pic I got framed myself and was there when Kenny signed it and gave it to a family friend so your lying" apparently he was lost for words. He should be closed down.

He's not registered for Kickback so he can't PM you but he is interested as long as there are no green beans. :thumbsup:

Excellent!!!

No green beans I'm pleased to say.

That's sounds exactly the type of thing he would do! He's so strange. I was out in Mercado one night thru the week with Kenny miller, that's when we first met him. After hounding Kenny for the whole night we managed to pie him and head to another boozer. Within ten mins of being there he strolled in and admitted to following us. I honestly couldn't believe it. His brother is just as weird, he was with him at the time. We ended up going home and in the morning Kenny calls me and says his dad got woken up at 4 in the morning from a guy called Alex wanting to know how his night went!!! That's how strange this guy is.

Can you ask Kenny to stick the ball between the posts/under the bar/past the goalie/over the goal line when he gets his regulation couple of chances on Friday :D

kingantti1874

Haha.. Already have, doubt it'll work though!!!

Jesus Christ they can't possibly start him... I may have to break my telly... Great servant... But the baws burst

I'm getting confused here..seems the owner of said shop was posting but vanished.

Anyway..not joining the pitchfork brigade but pic number 5 is from the 2nd goal !

JKB is not a forum for commercial businesses to register and get into debates with members.

By the way, we're not a forum for defamatory comments either, so please be careful and comply with the rules. Fair comment is one thing, but if anyone posts a defamatory remark it will be deleted and they'll be spending some time on the sidelines.

:thumbsup:

Jesus Christ they can't possibly start him... I may have to break my telly... Great servant... But the baws burst

If I'm being honest I'd prob agree! Maybe bring him on later on. I do think Kenny plays better with someone up giving him support but even that my choice would be Fletch and Rhodes.

Tell him to give trading standards a call

I know for a fact the trading standards manager in Edinburgh is a Hibby, he has not responded to any of my calls, e-mails or texts since that famous day in May! :whistling:

I have been working on cup final art work. I have a few for sale if any one us interested.?

I have the starting lune up

Goals scores

Rudi image

I can all so do others if any one is looking for something pacific. If you are Interested I can send details. ??

I have been working on cup final art work. I have a few for sale if any one us interested.?

I have the starting lune up

Goals scores

Rudi image

I can all so do others if any one is looking for something pacific. If you are Interested I can send details. ??

Do you do anything Atlantic?

Archived