Sergio Garcia

The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Armageddon
3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Indeed i feel sorry for Aberdeen the SFA and their referees  will do everything they can to get the mighty rangers to Hampden.

Imagine the whole Aberdeen end walked out in protest ... that would be class!

Rabbie_Burns
5 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Jabba and Robertson make a huge fuss about anti- sevco bias, shortly before major replay in the Cup. 

Ref quickly denies opponents pen then sends off their keeper controversially. 

Sevco cruise to easy victory. 

Mission accomplished. 

Job done. 

Is that how it works?

Put money on a repeat of this in the cup game v sheep. 

It's for the best remember, after all we don't want Scotland brought to a standstill by all the civil unrest which is bound to ensue otherwise... ?

Rabbie_Burns
5 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Jabba and Robertson make a huge fuss about anti- sevco bias, shortly before major replay in the Cup. 

Ref quickly denies opponents pen then sends off their keeper controversially. 

Sevco cruise to easy victory. 

Mission accomplished. 

Job done. 

Is that how it works?

Put money on a repeat of this in the cup game v sheep. 

It's for the best remember, after all we don't want Scotland brought to a standstill by all the civil unrest which is bound to ensue otherwise... ?

indianajones
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Rangers announce a profit for the first six months trading this financial year. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47360315

Means absolutely nothing if they aren't turning a profit at the end of the year. 

Talking like almost breaking even is an achievement. 

Sevco are a cancer and they need to die. 

132goals1958

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Means absolutely nothing if they aren't turning a profit at the end of the year. 

Rangers have announced a £5.2m overall profit in their unaudited trading results for the six months to December.

Could there be a be a little creative accounting in the first half of the year. Let us see what comes out in the wash at the year end.

indianajones
14 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Rangers have announced a £5.2m overall profit in their unaudited trading results for the six months to December.

Could there be a be a little creative accounting in the first half of the year. Let us see what comes out in the wash at the year end.

I'd put money on them operating at a loss again. 

What was it last year? 17 million? 

132goals1958
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I'd put money on them operating at a loss again. 

What was it last year? 17 million? 

Will be very surprised if they make inroads into their cumulative losses.

Footballfirst

The half year profit is not unexpected, at least by me. They had six full houses in the Europa League plus the prize money that went with it, which probably earned then something in excess £12m from that source alone.  Had they gone out in a qualifying round, the picture would have looked pretty bleak.

Their costs however have rocketed along with their increased revenue.  I would still anticipate a full year loss come the end of June, as there is little opportunity to match the revenue of the first half.

The club has forecast being close to break even on an EBITDA basis at year end.

Even if they achieve that, then amortisation in particular will see them report a substantial loss at year end.  The amortisation figure from the last full year was £7.4m, so could be indicative of the quantum of the final loss.

Footballfirst

The latest protest action

image.thumb.png.0619346e61568fb7f550e879c4ba3458.png

DETTY29
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Dear god.

If you've had an EBT, Sportsound will have you on on a non criticise Rangwes basis.

Politbordeaux
51 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Is there any chance Guardia Civil can get this gig?

Barack
56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This a real thing, is it?

:lol:

Hopefully, some nice footage of horse charges, and German Shepherd's mauling neds, by the quay-side.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

So is that Rangers aren't sectarian or something else?

Riccarton3
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

My take that Rangers get favourable coverage seems really silly now...

Edited by Riccarton3

Icon of Symmetry

Well, that's just great. You hear that, Chris? Bears. Now, you're putting the whole Corporation in jeopardy .

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Well, that's just great. You hear that, Chris? Bears. Now, you're putting the whole Corporation in jeopardy .

If it fecks the new BBC Scotland channel, then that's a result.

Icon of Symmetry
6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

If it fecks the new BBC Scotland channel, then that's a result.

Not seen it yet. Not heard anything good about it yet though...

So... ?

A6B3D2EA-5159-4FFB-AA69-4C08E64507FA.png

sadj

This thread just got fun again

Deevers

Really, you just could. It make this up. Laughable yet troubling.

Paolo
12 hours ago, Barack said:

This a real thing, is it?

:lol:

Hopefully, some nice footage of horse charges, and German Shepherd's mauling neds, by the quay-side.

Water cannons too?    Maybe add some soap to them, so they can get a proper wash. 

Allowayjambo1874

Wonder if this will result in full sash bash outside tv hq. If it does the bbc could really bring sectarianism in Scottish football fans right to the fore

Edited by Allowayjambo1874

kirkierobroy

The BBC get moist at the thought of either half of the OF. They went very easy on reporting the Union Jack thuggery in George Squerr in Sept 2014, involving many Berrz, and have continued to be over-generous to them despite bannings of their staff by Sevco.

I hope some journo asks a raging Berr, 'And can you give a specific, referenced example of bias against your verminous institution by the BBC, old boy?'

Mikey1874
39 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

The BBC get moist at the thought of either half of the OF. They went very easy on reporting the Union Jack thuggery in George Squerr in Sept 2014, involving many Berrz, and have continued to be over-generous to them despite bannings of their staff by Sevco.

I hope some journo asks a raging Berr, 'And can you give a specific, referenced example of bias against your verminous institution by the BBC, old boy?'

Ironically sharing the same complaints as the SNP. 

NANOJAMBO
17 hours ago, indianajones said:

This. 

BelgeJambo
17 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The half year profit is not unexpected, at least by me. They had six full houses in the Europa League plus the prize money that went with it, which probably earned then something in excess £12m from that source alone.  Had they gone out in a qualifying round, the picture would have looked pretty bleak.

Their costs however have rocketed along with their increased revenue.  I would still anticipate a full year loss come the end of June, as there is little opportunity to match the revenue of the first half.

The club has forecast being close to break even on an EBITDA basis at year end.

Even if they achieve that, then amortisation in particular will see them report a substantial loss at year end.  The amortisation figure from the last full year was £7.4m, so could be indicative of the quantum of the final loss.

I would think Defoe's weekly wage is quickly eroding that profit for the next 6 months

The Continental Op

sort of on-topic, could this be a new player for them?

jambovambo

Did you hear Tom English having a proper go at Jabba the Hut (in absentia) last night on Sportsound ?

Classic. 

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Did you hear Tom English having a proper go at Jabba the Hut (in absentia) last night on Sportsound ?

Classic. 

Yes

It was a decent programme last night. Neil McCann as well. (And Michael Stewart)

part_time_jambo
On 20/02/2019 at 17:17, sadj said:

Iv worked with Speirs you would think so from his voice and how he comes across in public but he is actually a very decent bloke was incredibly helpful and indeed patient with myself. 

You should get him to give you a few punctuation marks from one of his columns.

sadj
40 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

You should get him to give you a few punctuation marks from one of his columns.

Or.....I could just not bother due to not particularly caring about my grammar all the time besides im sure any one reading got the jist of the post. ?

Footballfirst

The begging bowl has gone back out to Close once again.. A new loan appears to have been taken out by TRFC Ltd.

27 Feb 2019 MR01 Registration of charge SC4251590014, created on 20 February 2019

It’s worth noting that there was no mention was made of this borrowing in the statement accompanying the interim accounts. The charge was created a week ago.

It’s as if they don’t want anyone to know about it.

The floating charge covers, the catering outlets, the PA system, Screens, Wifi, Albion Car Park and Edmiston House.

I've no idea how much was borrowed. It was reportedly around £3m when they took out the previous "overdraft" facility in February last year. I'd expect something similar this time round.

It just demonstrates that despite the half year "profit", they still have cash flow problems.

Edited by Footballfirst

132goals1958
14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The begging bowl has gone back out to Close once again.. A new loan appears to have been taken out by TRFC Ltd.

27 Feb 2019 MR01 Registration of charge SC4251590014, created on 20 February 2019

It’s worth noting that there was no mention was made of this borrowing in the statement accompanying the interim accounts. The charge was created a week ago.

It’s as if they don’t want anyone to know about it.

The floating charge covers, the catering outlets, the PA system, Screens, Wifi, Albion Car Park and Edmiston House.

I've no idea how much was borrowed. It was reportedly around £3m when they took out the previous "overdraft" facility in February last year. I'd expect something similar this time round.

It just demonstrates that despite the half year "profit", they still have cash flow problems.

Would not be surprised if they are front loading revenue in the half year accounts.It will all come out in the wash and no doubt the big hole in their balance sheet will be still very much apparent at the year end. I think the interim accounts can be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt.

Tasavallan
37 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Would not be surprised if they are front loading revenue in the half year accounts.It will all come out in the wash and no doubt the big hole in their balance sheet will be still very much apparent at the year end. I think the interim accounts can be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt.

HYK35-14.jpg

JackLadd

These fictitious accounts were concocted to suck in some loan or other to keep Sevco a going concern. Would be a shame if they died with only a petrofac cup to show for 7 years of corruption.

132goals1958
2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

HYK35-14.jpg

?

The Gasman
9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Alas it looks like The Glib One has avoided action from the Takeover Panel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47422756

....while he may have dodged a bullet there, it’s at a cost, a cost that will doubtless be met by Rangers.

Jambof3tornado

Surprised more wasnt made of the new borrowing after claiming profits in the made up accounts.

NANOJAMBO
3 hours ago, jambovambo said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17479680.ex-rangers-chief-charles-green-sues-police-and-prosecutors-over-wrongful-arrest/

Ex-Rangers chief Charles Green sues police and prosecutors over ‘wrongful arrest’

And so on it goes ...

So that's two massive cases involving wrongful arrest over the Sevco creation.  The JJ blogger has been writing for months about a case that's even bigger that's already started due process in the Scottish courts. 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So that's two massive cases involving wrongful arrest over the Sevco creation.  The JJ blogger has been writing for months about a case that's even bigger that's already started due process in the Scottish courts. 

David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, the D&P administrators are in the midst of their actions against the police and the Lord Advocate at the Court of Session.  Their English lawyers have already been awarded £500k in damages by a London court against the police for the seizure of client privileged documents from their premises. 

David Grier, also from D&P, has a similar action at Glasgow Sheriff Court which will probably reach the "proof" (trial) stage in the next couple of months.

I've seen and heard some court submissions, which outline what happened during their arrest, but can't say anything more while the cases are live. 

RobNox
On 28/02/2019 at 12:35, 132goals1958 said:

Last year the interim accounts showed a small profit, only for the final accounts to show a huge loss, so I suspect you are right.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

For once he’s probably nearly right.

If you throw enough shite at the wall etc. etc.

Jeff

Of course the new contract was to make money on him this summer. I don't really see an issue with that part, however it is incredibly funny how many Gers fans think he's there for the long run

kirkierobroy
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

If you throw enough shite at the wall etc. etc.

And by jings Phake Phil hurls a lot of said material.

maroonsgotop
On 25/02/2019 at 19:35, Footballfirst said:

surprised it's not being held on 17th March 

Big Slim Stylee
10 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

surprised it's not being held on 17th March 

Poor wee persecuted souls. Ma heart bleeds.