The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

King of the North

Raman Bhardwaj ?@STVRaman 41s

A day of departures... Jim Traynor leaves Rangers after less than 10 months as Director Comms.

Lol... surely he has burned his bridges and can never work in media again.

A truly odious character. Up ye Jimbo!

Footballfirst

Let us pray he doesn't come back to the BBC.

He might decide that the club is deid after all and back up Jim Spence. :2thumbsup:

Footballfirst

I wonder if CF will have a copy of Jabba's contract to hand, so that we can see what his pay off will be. IIRC he was reputedly on ?200K a year.

A 12 month pay-off in exchange for a confidentiality agreement would be par for the course in Spivco.

Edited by Footballfirst

i'd rather he stayed. he'll get a job somewhere i might actually have to experience him now.

still, more money down the drain

The Mighty Thor

Does that mean that Jabba will be telling us the Rangers died and the the rangers are indeed a newco again?

:smug:

Lol... surely he has burned his bridges and can never work in media again.

A truly odious character. Up ye Jimbo!

Hope to be spurning his request for "ony spare coins" on a freezing pavement somewhere in the Central Belt in the very near future.

Tonight's Sports Sound going to very interesting what with both Paddy and Jabba getting pumped, good listening for a Friday pop corn moment for sure!

Tonight's Sports Sound going to very interesting what with both Paddy and Jabba getting pumped, good listening for a Friday pop corn moment for sure!

would think traynor leaving will get very little air time, TBH it's a non story so what some non-footballing employee leaves, story out of nothing if any deal is made of it.

would think traynor leaving will get very little air time, TBH it's a non story so what some non-footballing employee leaves, story out of nothing if any deal is made of it.

Agree but it's who he is, ex BBC now ex Rangers and a mouth to boot. But there are more important and bigger story's on the go which will take the heat out of the potential ramifications that go with this sacking. Can't wait for the book!

Edited by Dannie Boy

Footballfirst

Traynor may have some difficulty in getting another job given some of the comments in his final column in the Daily Ranger.

Here's what the Scotsman said about it

In a recent column , Traynor said he was leaving journalism upset at the way some media had reported Rangers? financial woes. He wrote: ?Perhaps in time more will be written about this kind of hack and the rabid desire to help bring down Rangers, a fierce desire that, sadly, was widespread.

?Just when did they become consumed by such eye- popping rage? Was it always there, a dormant fury against Rangers and their fans, who deserve enormous credit for having saved their club, just waiting for the catalyst?

?Now they can?t help themselves. They can?t stop foaming at the mouth and we can be sure their determination to have titles stripped will go into overdrive.

?They need some kind of victory or they might explode and that would be terribly messy. All that bile all over the walls and streets.?

He added: ?My work here is done and I?m glad ? but just for the record, I?ve not been sacked or made redundant. I was asked to remain, but my conscience won?t allow me to stay in our profession.

?The kind of journalism needed by the country, never mind sport, no longer exists in enough of the media outlets.?

Traynor used his column to single out The Rangers Tax Case, a blog which won the prestigious Orwell Prize for blogging earlier this year, accusing those behind it of being ?dolts?.

Agree but it's who he is, ex BBC now ex Rangers and a mouth to boot. But there are more important and bigger story's on the go which will take the heat out of the potential ramifications that go with this sacking. Can't wait for the book!

You forgot to mention "fat and ugly" ...

Traynor may have some difficulty in getting another job given some of the comments in his final column in the Daily Ranger.

Here's what the Scotsman said about it

In a recent column , Traynor said he was leaving journalism upset at the way some media had reported Rangers? financial woes. He wrote: ?Perhaps in time more will be written about this kind of hack and the rabid desire to help bring down Rangers, a fierce desire that, sadly, was widespread.

?Just when did they become consumed by such eye- popping rage? Was it always there, a dormant fury against Rangers and their fans, who deserve enormous credit for having saved their club, just waiting for the catalyst?

?Now they can?t help themselves. They can?t stop foaming at the mouth and we can be sure their determination to have titles stripped will go into overdrive.

?They need some kind of victory or they might explode and that would be terribly messy. All that bile all over the walls and streets.?

He added: ?My work here is done and I?m glad ? but just for the record, I?ve not been sacked or made redundant. I was asked to remain, but my conscience won?t allow me to stay in our profession.

?The kind of journalism needed by the country, never mind sport, no longer exists in enough of the media outlets.?

Traynor used his column to single out The Rangers Tax Case, a blog which won the prestigious Orwell Prize for blogging earlier this year, accusing those behind it of being ?dolts?.

I must have missed this... when did this happen???

Tom English "Dave Kings hit a brick wall" "The Easdale Brothers aka The Scottish Crays"

Heard a great story last night.

Guy was at some downscale corporate thing.

Man was there, handcuffed to a dwarf in a gimp mask.

Guy speaks to this man, who says "do you like him? He's my birthday present from my sons!"

Guy is not complimentary.

Couple of mins later, someone sidles up to him and says "you'd better leave - that's the Easdales' dad and you've insulted them".

The guy left, sharpish.

Edited by jambovambo

Tom English "Dave Kings hit a brick wall" "The Easdale Brothers aka The Scottish Crays"

I know there's a few folk on here who aren't Tom English fans but I think the way he, along with Cosgrove laugh off all the "treats" from the Huns if they try and say the truth is refreshing, rather than bumming them up....dung, keith "off the radar" jackson for example.

Edited by hogsonmaman

Footballfirst

I know, FF... i meant the part about the Rangers fans saving their club. :)

Sorry - I missed the bit that you put in bold

Heard from a very good source last night that there is a whole lot of trouble brewing for both sides of the old firm.

Finacial difficulties for one and a very large scandal brewing for the other, both just bubbling under at present, or so I'm being led to believe.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Heard from a very good source last night that there is a whole lot of trouble brewing for both sides of the old firm.

Finacial difficulties for one and a very large scandal brewing for the other, both just bubbling under at present, or so I'm being led to believe.

Good stuff. Intrigue. :)

Edited by Sir David Attenborough

Geoff Kilpatrick

A scandal at the latter is nothing new. :whistling:

King last night admitted defeat in his battle to negotiate a peace treaty at Ibrox. The move came after Rangers refused to reveal who is behind mystery investors Blue Pitch and Margarita.

Two things I believe King has realised that Sottish football supporters won't put up with his past and will make their voices heard. When the people behind Blue Pitch and Margarita are eventually exposed The Rangers will be finished for good never to return in any form.

It's a distinctly murky world around Ibrox and the SFA need to intervene but they won't and I think in the end it will bring them down too.

I'd take King at Tynecastle if he fancied the gig and was willing to put money in to challenge for the title. He has been a naughty boy but that would not bother me.

You cant leave us like that! Get it telt! :lol:

You cant leave us like that! Get it telt! :lol:

The financial issues are for the one half that are already well documented. The scandal at the other half is a carbon copy of something they have been in trouble with before and they are desperately trying to keep in house and under wraps.

Can't say any more on here without getting a ban or suspension so apologies for cloak and dagger. However, the source is well connected and I trust him implicitly.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The financial issues are for the one half that are already well documented. The scandal at the other half is a carbon copy of something they have been in trouble with before and they are desperately trying to keep in house and under wraps.

Can't say any more on here without getting a ban or suspension so apologies for cloak and dagger. However, the source is well connected and I trust him implicitly.

Cripes... Sounds serious. Hope its not what most people would now be thinking... There's a seriously depressing amount of that being exposed all over the place just now. :(

Is that they as a club

Or is it an employee

That have/has allegedly committed a misdemeanor

That looks like Haiku

I'd take King at Tynecastle if he fancied the gig and was willing to put money in to challenge for the title. He has been a naughty boy but that would not bother me.

The thing is these guys never really put their own money in and end up just leaving you in the shit.

Is that they as a club

Or is it an employee

That have/has allegedly committed a misdemeanor

It's an employee or employees rather than the club. I'm sorry but I can't say anymore.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic