Sticking by your club....

redm

scots civil war

marvellous stuff

incidently,scroll down the page and check out a particular member down there :lol:

somebods avatar

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Spotted on Twitter this morning a link to this most fine of football forum posts:

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15733&p=194220#p194184

We're not quite at the same stage obviously but goes without saying that this sort of thing strikes a bit of a chord. Smashing stuff.

Thanks for that :thumbsup: what a terrific post by a true football fan supporter. I think this bit says so much for all the non glory-hunting supporters out there:-

Make everyone who has knocked us or laughed at us over the years understand that today we embrace all of the crap players, the terrible teams, the rubbish managers and the crazy chairman who have afflicted us. Why? Because all of that makes the few good times even better. Because all of those things are what Darlington Football Club is about. Let?s show them what it means to call your self a Darlo fan one last time.

Gregory House M.D.

I laughed at a certain post and I'm definitely going to hell after it

"I think it'll happen in my lifetime"

:what:

Disclaimer: I'm not laughing at the poor guys illness before the PC brigade go daft

Spotted on Twitter this morning a link to this most fine of football forum posts:

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15733&p=194220#p194184

We're not quite at the same stage obviously but goes without saying that this sort of thing strikes a bit of a chord. Smashing stuff.

Fekin Superb!!!!!!

FTH

Knoxy: They've been in administration three times in the last few years. Seemingly, it looks like its going to be three times unlucky.

Knoxy: They've been in administration three times in the last few years. Seemingly, it looks like its going to be three times unlucky.

Cheers.

So they could actually be extinct? Thats a nightmare for the real fans.

Cheers.

So they could actually be extinct? Thats a nightmare for the real fans.

As far as I know, the last time resulted in an attempted fans buy out but it didn't work out. Looks like this time is for real. Bad news for a town which is going through some tough times.

Old Pivotonian

Great article about them in this month's 'When Saturday Comes'.

It seems that they are owned by a Raj Singh. He bought them, got fed up with them and now refuses to finance them (anything ringing a bell?).

A previous owner authorised the building of a new 25 000 stadium in partnership with the local council. Now the creditors are calling in the debt. The Council are kicking up. The original ground rent was ?10 000. The interest is now costing them ?200 000. The players are of a significantly lower standard than the ones the club had last year. In May they won the FA trophy. In November Hinckley (Hinckley!) knocked them out of the FA Cup.

The whole thing is a damned shame. I wish them well! We all should. I hope not but it could be us soon.

CavySlaveJambo

Looking like Saturday is there last game.

The Local Newspaper paid for the players coach.

The fans were paying for the meal - ?150.00 ended up over ?5000.00

I hope their game at Barrow is a sellout and the stands are painted multi-coloured with team strips from all over. :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Having attended Darlington v Northampton on my stag weekend almost 12 years ago, long may they suffer! :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

PS Before anyone starts, that was tongue in cheek. I don't want them to go bust.

And one last wee bump in advance of what is possibly their last game today... :oldsad:

I've been sort of following this story but couldn't figure out how they don't know if it's their last game or not.

CavySlaveJambo

I've been sort of following this story but couldn't figure out how they don't know if it's their last game or not.

The fact the local newspaper paid for the coach to allow this game to go ahead may say something. It originally wasn't going to go ahead.

The fact the local newspaper paid for the coach to allow this game to go ahead may say something. It originally wasn't going to go ahead.

Ah ok - basically running on empty. I wasn't sure if they were waiting on inland revenue or the bailiffs shutting them down.

Let's hope that none of us ever have cause to post in that vein and says it all about supporting a football club. Good luck to them.

CavySlaveJambo

?300,000 to ?500,000 needed in the immediate future :whistling:

Just listening to Soccer Saturday and that came up.

And they delayed the start to get 1072 (50% total attendance) Away fans in.

Charlie-Brown

Most likely out of business by this weekend unless a buyer can be found.

The company might go out of business and be liquidated unless a buyer can be found however if they can take over a thousand away fans to a game in the first week in January in this financial climate then a football club that represents continuity for those fans of Darlington will survive and recover imo.

The company might go out of business and be liquidated unless a buyer can be found however if they can take over a thousand away fans to a game in the first week in January in this financial climate then a football club that represents continuity for those fans of Darlington will survive and recover imo.

How many did they get for away games in October/November.. My point being that loads of people would have turned up so they could say they were at their last ever game..

CavySlaveJambo

Ok been keeping an eye on the darlo uncovered site and this morning

there is a tiny speck of hope.

at least enough to get them through the next two games (at home) and through to the end of January.

It may not be enough but it is HOPE.

And time to find a new buyer.

• 3 weeks later...
CavySlaveJambo

Found this on standing by your club, from earlier on in the saga by MKDarlo, The Once More Into the Breach poster.

In other news tommorow is dday round 2. They were in "liquidation" for 20 minutes two weeks agao and have had two home games with massive home "fans united" crowds, (the second game include the away support)

Archived