Worst away goals scored record in Britain

Sten Guns

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Scored 6, conceded 0, 7 points in the last 3 games.

Most teams in Britain would bite your hand off for that.

Scored 6, conceded 0, 7 points in the last 3 games.

Most teams in Britain would bite your hand off for that.

4 of those goals at home to the worst team in the league.

My title topic did say AWAY.

Played 10, won 1.

Hibs are shite, but our away form must change.

Played 10, won 1.

Managed to beat Motherwell, who looked certain to run away with 3rd place, and who are also a team we've struggled to beat in recent times.

Dress it up in as many negatives as you like, but we're in good form right now.

Managed to beat Motherwell, who looked certain to run away with 3rd place, and who are also a team we've struggled to beat in recent times.

He's not disputing that he's asking what we can do to change our away tactics/form due to the stats already noted.

I agree were playing ok but doesnt mean this thread doesnt have merit why cant we produce it away (goals and performance)

He's not disputing that he's asking what we can do to change our away tactics/form due to the stats already noted.

I agree were playing ok but doesnt mean this thread doesnt have merit why cant we produce it away (goals and performance)

We lack any real creativity to unlock teams away from home.

We're the side teams pack the midfield against and defend in numbers.

Our home form is good.

I don't disagree. Great results and performances against Dunfy and M'Well.

However, our away form is truly shocking. 1 win in 10. Lowest goals scored in Britain. Not dressing it up, it's fact mate.

The boys need to get this away form altered. Fingers crossed. If we stay true to this "good form", the likelihood is another failure to win away. The league doesn't lie.

Was just genuinely interested to find out why others think its been poor?

Is it the away day tactics? Or just unlucky?

5 changes from Saturday's team and we secure an away point.

I'm quite happy we'll have our best team out on the 2nd to destroy them and go goals crazy :rolleyes:

Played 10, won 1.

Prefer to look at form overall to be honest.

Don't see the point in picking out wee bits and pieces.

Changed team tonight and shocking conditions are probably the reason for tonight.

Our home form is good.

I don't disagree. Great results and performances against Dunfy and M'Well.

However, our away form is truly shocking. 1 win in 10. Lowest goals scored in Britain. Not dressing it up, it's fact mate.

The boys need to get this away form altered. Fingers crossed. If we stay true to this "good form", the likelihood is another failure to win away. The league doesn't lie.

Was just genuinely interested to find out why others think its been poor?

Is it the away day tactics? Or just unlucky?

We could, and should, have hammered Rangers on the opening day, but a lapse in concentration from our full back ended up losing as a goal. We were, debateably, the better side against Dundee United, but just lacked any decent delivery to score. We were also a missed penalty away from a point at Celtic Park. And a couple of centimetres away from 3 points at St Mirren. These incidents do suggest a severe lack of luck.

Like I say, most teams defend against Hearts in great numbers and we always find it very difficult to break them down. We don't really have a team that can unlock defences and that's what's costing us.

Although we've only won 1 game away from home this season, I'm interested to know how many we've actually lost?

We could, and should, have hammered Rangers on the opening day, but a lapse in concentration from our full back ended up losing as a goal. We were, debateably, the better side against Dundee United, but just lacked any decent delivery to score. We were also a missed penalty away from a point at Celtic Park. And a couple of centimetres away from 3 points at St Mirren. These incidents do suggest a severe lack of luck.

Like I say, most teams defend against Hearts in great numbers and we always find it very difficult to break them down. We don't really have a team that can unlock defences and that's what's costing us.

Although we've only won 1 game away from home this season, I'm interested to know how many we've actually lost?

Lost 4.

Defensively we have been pretty solid.

It seems it's a case of taking our chances and or creating them away from home.

Hope Black and Elliott are fit. Really hope we turn the away stats around on 2nd.

Just now it's got 0-0 or a 1-0 either way written all over it.

Lost 4.

Defensively we have been pretty solid.

It seems it's a case of taking our chances and or creating them away from home.

Hope Black and Elliott are fit. Really hope we turn the away stats around on 2nd.

Just now it's got 0-0 or a 1-0 either way written all over it.

Creating them seems to be the problem.

Packed penalty areas and poor crossing seems to go hand in hand with Hearts games. Not enough to aim for and no-one good enough to hit the 1/2 men who're in there. From what I've seen, we're just not ruthless enough.

When was Mr Jims last away win of last season?

Seems like it's carried on from there and is probably more likely down to the players than managers.

We lack any real creativity to unlock teams away from home.

We're the side teams pack the midfield against and defend in numbers.

Will the fact that Mehdi and Robinson now being regulars in the midfield change that ? I hope so.

I think Sergio is trying to avoid defeat away from home and trying to win as many home games as we can. It's a sensible approach aimed at stabilising the team during a tough period off the field.

I think we've lost 4 away games this season and that includes Motherwell with 10 men and the pen miss against Celtic. St Johnstone was probably the only game that we've been really terrible.

Drawing away from home in the spl is never a bad result and as the season goes on we will get the break of the ball and start picking up some away wins.

I know the away stats look bad but it's really about points on the board overall and we're not doing too bad all things considered.

The Old Tolbooth

5 changes from Saturday's team and we secure an away point.

I'm quite happy we'll have our best team out on the 2nd to destroy them and go goals crazy :rolleyes:

There was absolutely no need whatsoever to change the team that has won so comprehensively at home in the last two games imo, you don't change a winning team!

Sergio is even more negative than Csaba away from home, the stats don't lie!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

There was absolutely no need whatsoever to change the team that has won so comprehensively at home in the last two games imo, you don't change a winning team!

That is just not true.

Problem Officer?

I think Sergio is trying to avoid defeat away from home and trying to win as many home games as we can. It's a sensible approach aimed at stabilising the team during a tough period off the field.

I think we've lost 4 away games this season and that includes Motherwell with 10 men and the pen miss against Celtic. St Johnstone was probably the only game that we've been really terrible.

Drawing away from home in the spl is never a bad result and as the season goes on we will get the break of the ball and start picking up some away wins.

I know the away stats look bad but it's really about points on the board overall and we're not doing too bad all things considered.

More or less this.

His team today would not suggest that.

You do realise Elliott was injured in the warm up yeah?

Drylaw Hearts

His team today would not suggest that.

You do realise Elliott was injured in the warm up yeah?

Sutton was always starting tonight.

Archived