The Herald's take on the Kilmarnock game...

JohnB

Frail remarked that his side played as if the Rugby Park encounter was a testimonial match. But how would they know? Nobody stays at Tynecastle long enough to earn a testimonial.

...except Robbie Neilson.

monkfish1979
Frail remarked that his side played as if the Rugby Park encounter was a testimonial match. But how would they know? Nobody stays at Tynecastle long enough to earn a testimonial.

...except Robbie Neilson.

He'll never leave. Ever. There'll be a mummy with a tramp hairdo fluffing passes at tynie in the year 2500. FACT.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was actually looking for a match report, not an opinion piece. Not that I necessarily disagree with some of what the hack said.

I was actually looking for a match report, not an opinion piece. Not that I necessarily disagree with some of what the hack said.

Agree totally. Most of the match reports on Saturday's events were a complete joke. Just big headed journalists actually thinking their opinion matters more than **** all.

Not that I don't agree with most of the points or facts, but they are giving no more than anybody already knows and it's just tiring to read. Advice for said journalists: JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T SAID IT BEFORE DOESN'T MEAN IT HASN'T BEEN STATED 1000 TIMES ALREADY.

Scotland on Sunday match report was a farce. Not that anything Andrew Smith said about the match wasn't true. It's just that he only examined the match in a grand total of two, count em... TWO, paragraphs. He neither hinted at or tried to explain a countless number of chances from that game.

That includes Kilmarnock, and if I were a Killie fan I'd be very hacked off with such reports as it would tell you little to nothing with what happened in the match.

Guess The Crowd
In the Scotsman report

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Kilmarnock-00-Hearts-Faint-Hearts.3953070.jp#2683722

Stuart Bathgate keeps his comments to the context of the last 3 games in the vain attempt to get into the Top 6; Oh and he does report on the match as well.

That summation is pretty much spot on, imo, particularly about Velicka's sale.

That summation is pretty much spot on, imo, particularly about Velicka's sale.

Of course Velicka may have got an opportunity to bash in a shot or two in the last few games. That was his strong point in the game. He may well have scored one or two.

But he was on a run of missing sitters in 5 or 6 games in a row prior to him being sold. He was never a player I would count on to take a chance in the way Robbo usually did. He missed a lot of chances as well as scoring the blooters from the edge of the penalty area. In addition, I think that the improvement in goals conceded might be in part due to playing players who are better at holding the ball up than Velicka. He could never hold the ball up (particularly when he played so often beside No 29) so it came straight back at a disorganised defence. Nade/Elliot have huge faults in their games, but both are better and have been better at holding the ball up.

In addition, Velicka's value to the pyramid scheme was surely maximised at the time of his sale.

What was there to say about the game - other than Killie should have had it sown up by half time?

I think the drainpipe down which our club is being sucked is much more worthy of discussion and reporting than some meaningless game where nothing very much happened.

Geoff Kilpatrick
What was there to say about the game - other than Killie should have had it sown up by half time?

I think the drainpipe down which our club is being sucked is much more worthy of discussion and reporting than some meaningless game where nothing very much happened.

Well, since I was away for the weekend and I'm on the other side of the world, I would have been interested in some news about the game!

Well, since I was away for the weekend and I'm on the other side of the world, I would have been interested in some news about the game!

Fair enough mate.

I am away as well but I have seen us this year. Match report for 2/3s of our games this year:

Insipid football. No genuine attacking threat. Surprising lack of urgency. Vlad's personal choice of players getting a game more recently.

It's fair to say Kilmarnock should have had it sewn up by half time, but for a super display by Basso and Tall that could well have been the case. The second half was a different story where Hearts had better chances. Regretfully we had some players who did not seem to realise, or don't care, what was a stake.

The tempo improved,as did the will when Stewart came on and Kingston went off.

Overall Hearts deserved to lose the game, Kilmarnock deserved to win.

The problem is fairly basic - Motivation and tactics.

Anything which starts with, "These were once two great teams." is probably not something you want to be reading first thing on a Monday morning...not until you've had your first coffee, anyway.

:sad:

Ouch.

Was Vlad really at Rugby Park on Saturday?

Anything which starts with, "These were once two great teams." is probably not something you want to be reading first thing on a Monday morning...not until you've had your first coffee, anyway.

:sad:

Ouch.

Was Vlad really at Rugby Park on Saturday?

Aye, sitting next to Korobochka. I'm sure he enjoyed watching those cheerleaders.

Another trip to Rugby Park with it "all to play for". Just like when we had a European spot to play for last year.

Another complete let down.

Yet again - out with a whimper.

Drylaw Hearts
Fair enough mate.

I am away as well but I have seen us this year. Match report for 2/3s of our games this year:

Insipid football. No genuine attacking threat. Surprising lack of urgency. Vlad's personal choice of players getting a game more recently.

:Agree:

Aye, sitting next to Korobochka. I'm sure he enjoyed watching those cheerleaders.

It's a shame that his presence didn't put more of a rocket up their collective bahookies. Surprised to hear that he was there though...even if it made bugger all difference in the end....

Another trip to Rugby Park with it "all to play for". Just like when we had a European spot to play for last year.

Another complete let down.

Yet again - out with a whimper.

Funnily enough Ivaskevicius was brought in for that 'must win' game too.

Far better to play him than contract rebel Brellier who was booted out of the club a week earlier.

The Old Tolbooth

This thread is truly depressing to read, not because of people having a moan, but because the truth is being told :(

Our once great, proud club, is now a laughing stock.

Cardiac Rucksack
Funnily enough Ivaskevicius was brought in for that 'must win' game too.

Far better to play him than contract rebel Brellier who was booted out of the club a week earlier.

Having read the reports from the reserve games Kestutsis has been a standout recently. Should he not get a chance having played well there? Yes he was rubbish, the whole team was rank however. I also believe he was the only option to play in behind the striker with what we had left.

Having read the reports from the reserve games Kestutsis has been a standout recently. Should he not get a chance having played well there? Yes he was rubbish, the whole team was rank however. I also believe he was the only option to play in behind the striker with what we had left.

No he should never get a chance to play for our first team again. He sickens me with his lack of effort. It is unforgiveable.

There were other options - Elliot, Wallace, Kingston, Miko, Chesney could all have played behind the striker. Makela or Glen could have played beside Nade.

Archived