Sol Bambi for the vermin

Craigieboy

What are you talking about? His step over dummy in the box at the feet of Novo was just the touch of class that us Yams will never learn to appreciate.

I actually thought he played quite well other than a few glaring blunders. He's a strange one. Looked composed and comfortable for most of the game and then he gave away a penalty and almost gifted a goal. The Hobos seem to be convinced that he's amazing but he never seems to show it whenever they play us or either of the Old Firm on TV.

I actually thought he played quite well other than a few glaring blunders. He's a strange one. Looked composed and comfortable for most of the game and then he gave away a penalty and almost gifted a goal. The Hobos seem to be convinced that he's amazing but he never seems to show it whenever they play us or either of the Old Firm on TV.

He's a wee bit like oor Zal.

Looks pretty decent then manages to lose concentration and makes a monumental James Hunt of things.

Bamba is another Fletchinho, whose stock is being talked up through the fawning articles written in the likes of the Scotsgreen.

Cardiac Rucksack

He's a wee bit like oor Zal.

Looks pretty decent then manages to lose concentration and makes a monumental James Hunt of things.

Zal is better but I see where you are coming from. We dont claim he is worth ?5million though.

Bamba is a bombscare waiting to happen! he was at dunfermline for years, before the hobos got him!

Why?

Nobody else obviously thought he was good enough, or reliable enough! I know he plays for the Ivory Coast etc but hes just not that good! imo

down.gif

I think the comparison with Zaliukas is quite a good one. At times both look excellent in the SPL but then you remember just how ganting the SPL is. Both will leave their respective clubs for teams in a richer league but whether they actually do much will depend on whether they can improve beside better players and cut out the mistakes which often cost goals.

Captain America

Zal is far better, Bamba look really bad today, i can't remember him ever been a standout player in any game i've seen him in.

Mikey Gardiner

Zal is far better, Bamba look really bad today, i can't remember him ever been a standout player in any game i've seen him in.

Zal is a mcuh better player and as you say bamba hasn't been much of a standout. Sometimes he has the odd good game but not many.

I think he's alright tbh.

Agree that Zal's better though.

I reckon Zaliukas will go to the Russian league and Bamba will go to a top half championship side as a starter, maybe a relegation threatened EPL side as a squad player. I suspect both will leave Edinburgh this summer.

Personally I think both have their best years ahead of them but need to concentrate a lot better for 90 minutes. For those saying Zal is definitely better I suspect the Hobos would be saying likewise about Bamba. I don't think there is much in it. Bamba holds down a starting place for the number 22 ranked side in the FIFA rankings and Zaliukas is still trying to break into the 62nd ranked Lithuanian first team but then that could be down to the make up of their respective squads. One things for sure Zal is a more key player for us than Bamba is for them.

I thought Bamba was good today. Away from Ibrox might not have been a penalty. Don't think JJ would turn him down.

Thunderstruck

I think the comparison with Zaliukas is quite a good one. At times both look excellent in the SPL but then you remember just how ganting the SPL is. Both will leave their respective clubs for teams in a richer league but whether they actually do much will depend on whether they can improve beside better players and cut out the mistakes which often cost goals.

There were 2 players on the pitch at half-time yesterday who have managed to do pretty well in EPL after a grounding in the "ganting" SPL. Add to them Fletcherinho who, despite the natural antipathy towards him on Kickback, has to be acknowledged as having done OK and scored a few for one of the EPL lesser lights. Barry the Crab has gone to Birmingham and is a key part of a team that is doing surprisingly well in EPL.

Bougherra is probably the best centre half in SPL at the moment and Zal is a close second behind him. I only see Bamba when we play Hobos or they are on live TV - from that I don't think he is as bad as some make out and seems to have improved under Yogi.

Doctor FinnBarr

There were 2 players on the pitch at half-time yesterday who have managed to do pretty well in EPL after a grounding in the "ganting" SPL. Add to them Fletcherinho who, despite the natural antipathy towards him on Kickback, has to be acknowledged as having done OK and scored a few for one of the EPL lesser lights. Barry the Crab has gone to Birmingham and is a key part of a team that is doing surprisingly well in EPL.

Bougherra is probably the best centre half in SPL at the moment and Zal is a close second behind him. I only see Bamba when we play Hobos or they are on live TV - from that I don't think he is as bad as some make out and seems to have improved under Yogi.

Yep, Fletch has done really well considering Real were after him!

So playing for a small town team in unemployment ravaged Lancs can compare with playing in La Liga!

And as for the Crab, going to a middle table side (at best) is a success, he was a **** average player in the SPL and will be caught out yet again in England the way he was at Blackburn!

angry.gif

Thunderstruck

So playing for a small town team in unemployment ravaged Lancs can compare with playing in La Liga!

And as for the Crab, going to a middle table side (at best) is a success, he was a **** average player in the SPL and will be caught out yet again in England the way he was at Blackburn!

angry.gif

Your arguement could apply equally to Gordon and Berra or have they gone to bigger/better clubs?

Irrespective of who the ex-SPL players are playing for or the economic circumstances of the surrounding areas, they are all acquitting themselves well in EPL where they are measured against who they play against. This demonstrates that the best of the SPL is good enough for EPL.

angry.gif

:down: This just sounds bitter. We should be pleased these players are playing at a higher level.

Archived