Mars Attacks at Tynie

jambogarry

Dont know if this has been posted before ,but thought I would share.

Quote from the Sun page19. ( I know I know )

Cops used CS gas spray on Celtic yobs.......

Shame Shame Shame,

This is not the full story from the Sun , just the first line.

Dont know if they have the full story online,,,

Why is this on page 19 of the sun, Yet they plaster middle , front, back pages with Hearts/Hibs shame,..

I dont have the answer... so thought I would ask :thumbsup: .

Discuss or dont <_<

Scotsman

Police use CS gas as fans clash after Hearts beat Celtic

Published Date: 12 November 2010

By MARK McLAUGHLIN

POLICE had to use CS gas to break up violent clashes as trouble broke out following Hearts' victory over Celtic at Tynecastle.

? Stephen Elliott covers Celtic's Jos Hooiveld while trouble flares among fans

Clashes flared among the Celtic fans before, during and after Wednesday's game, although there were only two arrests and five supporters ejected from the ground.

The CS gas was used to disperse violent fans on Russell Road, where away fans' buses park, and McLeod Street on the approach to the Roseburn Stand, where Celtic's 3500 fans were seated during the game.

Celtic fans were also heard chanting anti-poppy songs, just days after a section of their support was slammed for unfurling a banner demanding the removal of the "bloodstained poppy" from their team's shirts.

Some Celtic fans were also said to have taunted the home support with The Starry Plough flag, a symbol of Irish republicanism famously flown during the Easter Rising against Britain in 1916.

A police spokesman said: "Inquiries are under way following disturbances that took place at the Hearts v Celtic match at Tynecastle.

"Police were required to deal with a number of incidents of disorder before, during and after the game, and on two occasions officers used CS spray to quell violence and ensure public safety.

"There were two arrests last night, both of which took place within Tynecastle, and in addition there were five ejections from the stadium. There were numerous incidents of disorder.

"Inquiries are under way in order to identify those responsible for the disorder, and anyone who has any information that can assist should contact Lothian and Borders Police."

Trouble flared on the pitch as well as off it, with Celtic manager Neil Lennon facing disciplinary action from the SFA for squaring up to the fourth official and being sent to the stands, shortly after his midfielder Joe Ledley was sent off for a dangerous lunging tackle on Hearts' Ian Black.

A Celtic spokesman said the club would "fully investigate" all of the reports of violence outside the stadium and would be liaising closely with police on the matter.

He added: "We will take the strongest action against anyone who is identified."

The spokesman also addressed the problem of anti-poppy sentiments being expressed at games.

Daily ******

Riot cops use CS gas on supporters as Hearts and Celtic fans clash

Nov 12 2010 Chris Mooney

RIOT police used CS spray to control rival fans as trouble flared at Wednesday night's clash between Hearts and Celtic.

Police said it was used in two separate incidents before and after the bad-tempered game at Tynecastle.

Mounted police had to keep opposing fans apart as skirmishes broke out around the ground in the build-up to kick-off.

The hooliganism came just days after Hibs and Hearts fans marred the Edinburgh derby by throwing bottles, coins and flares on to the pitch at Easter Road.

Last night, a police source said: "The CS spray is only used as a last resort, but the officers clearly felt the violence would escalate if the situation was not brought under control quickly.

"A skoosh of that stuff would stop an elephant in its tracks and probably helped prevent a full blown riot in both incidents."

Trouble started before the 7.30pm kick- off as supporters clashed in Russell Road, where away fans often park their buses. It is understood a cop used the spray on at least one supporter.

And a second cop was again forced to use the spray during running battles in McLeod Street as fans poured out of the ground following the match, which Hearts won 2-0. Police are also investigating reports that a Celtic fan was slashed in a bar.

And dozens of police were involved in a stand-off with up to 20 Celtic fans in the concourse of the Roseburn stand.

It's believed the confrontation started after cops kicked out a Celtic supporter from the visitors' part of the ground.

Police say they had to eject five fans in total during the game.

An inquiry will also look into reports that seats were smashed by visiting supporters, as well as vandalised catering stalls and toilets.

A police spokesman said there were two arrests at the match but more could follow.

He could not confirm the extent of any damage inside the stadium and said the force would liaise with Hearts.

The spokesman added: "Police were required to deal with a number of incidents of disorder before, during and after the game.

"Inquiries are under way in order to identify those responsible for the disorder, and anyone who has any information that can assist should contact us."

The police source said: "There can often be trouble when these two teams meet, but there was a lot of bother even for a Hearts and Celtic game.

"There were times when things looked like they could easily get out of hand before and after kick-off and there were a number of incidents inside the ground as well."

Hearts really should cut the scums ticket allocation to a section or 2 for the next game. the way that we distribute tickets now (selling them direct to 'fans') means we are seeing the scummiest old firm cretins roll up at Tynecastle whenever we play the uglies.

I know for a fact the stand off was due to flags and the holder of the flags was arrested.

the dhims

they say as much on one of their threads, amazing one poster thinks the celtic fans did nothing wrong morons the lot of them

Back to the good old days. :rolleyes:

Its a pity Celtic are playing St Midden, there's more chance Celtic and their fans will be applauded in to the stadium, never mind any trouble.... :down:

A selection:

At half time a lad behind me was removed for waving the starry plough. This prompted some fans to have a bit of a scuffle with the police in the pie stalls part apparently. After the game a metal wall thing was put up to divide the fans, Hearts fans were up at the wall giving abuse to Celtic fans so a few retaliated, some stuff were thrown by both sets of fans, the police charged at the Celtic fans with batons and CS spray. Tbh it wasn't really anything major, both fans just taunting each other, was hardly a large section of either support. Although i did hear a lot of Hearts fans had gathered at Waverley station to give the Celtic fans a 'welcome' as they came off the trains.

Hearts fans are vermin!!!! Im not justifing violence whats so ever but if Celtic fans were standing up for themselves who gives a **** what the press think, or what those animal huns think. Hearts fans waiting at the stations for Celtic fans to give them a welcome and we are the ones getting bad press, wonder why that is. As for this label of "the greatest fans in the world" I for one would not stand there and let these scumbags abuse or throw shit at me without doing anything. just my opinion!

Seen most of it with my own eyes , Celtic fans where set upon by Hearts fans just after the arched bridge on the way to the ground from the bus park . I just seen the tail end of the trouble and noticed a few Celtic fans with cut up faces the word was 2 people where hit with glass bottles , never hung about to see the aftermath was to close to kick off time

yeah i heard about that from a mate off the bus i normally get, drove this time and was in the ground at 7 so never seen anything before the game, but he came off the bus and said there were quite a lot of hearts fans at the bridge, and a few injuries

Obv. the press has turned this round to blaming Celtic fans, no surprise there.

There is always trouble at Hearts games. They are vermin. Stabbed one of our fans outside of a pub, think it's called the Roseburn?

hearts fans are vermin, worse than rangers at times as with them its an inferiority complex rather than a superiority one; not excusing any neddy behaviour from our fans mind though i wasnt there so im in no position to judge so dont slate me lol!

what politcal banner did hearts fans have? interesting to here the media hasnt even mentioned it? wonder the way i look at these things is that theyll celebrate this win for years whilst we keep doing whats important; i.e winning cups and leagues

let them have their victory, we'll be still 20-30 points clear of them at seasons end

Heard the CSF were out in force Wednesday causing grief to the Celtic supports parking on Russell Road. Nothing new there then!

It's getting even worse between Hearts and Celtic now, the Poppy incident took it a step further and then all the pro IRA songs sung

on Wednesday night. We should cut their allocation for sure, even if we lose money, I'll buy two pies instead of one if we do. :thumbsup:

the dhims

they say as much on one of their threads, amazing one poster thinks the celtic fans did nothing wrong morons the lot of them

I hope most of this isn't true

A selection:

At half time a lad behind me was removed for waving the starry plough. This prompted some fans to have a bit of a scuffle with the police in the pie stalls part apparently. After the game a metal wall thing was put up to divide the fans, Hearts fans were up at the wall giving abuse to Celtic fans so a few retaliated, some stuff were thrown by both sets of fans, the police charged at the Celtic fans with batons and CS spray. Tbh it wasn't really anything major, both fans just taunting each other, was hardly a large section of either support. Although i did hear a lot of Hearts fans had gathered at Waverley station to give the Celtic fans a 'welcome' as they came off the trains.

Hearts fans are vermin!!!! Im not justifing violence whats so ever but if Celtic fans were standing up for themselves who gives a **** what the press think, or what those animal huns think. Hearts fans waiting at the stations for Celtic fans to give them a welcome and we are the ones getting bad press, wonder why that is. As for this label of "the greatest fans in the world" I for one would not stand there and let these scumbags abuse or throw shit at me without doing anything. just my opinion!

Seen most of it with my own eyes , Celtic fans where set upon by Hearts fans just after the arched bridge on the way to the ground from the bus park . I just seen the tail end of the trouble and noticed a few Celtic fans with cut up faces the word was 2 people where hit with glass bottles , never hung about to see the aftermath was to close to kick off time

yeah i heard about that from a mate off the bus i normally get, drove this time and was in the ground at 7 so never seen anything before the game, but he came off the bus and said there were quite a lot of hearts fans at the bridge, and a few injuries

There is always trouble at Hearts games. They are vermin. Stabbed one of our fans outside of a pub, think it's called the Roseburn?

hearts fans are vermin, worse than rangers at times as with them its an inferiority complex rather than a superiority one; not excusing any neddy behaviour from our fans mind though i wasnt there so im in no position to judge so dont slate me lol!

what politcal banner did hearts fans have? interesting to here the media hasnt even mentioned it? wonder the way i look at these things is that theyll celebrate this win for years whilst we keep doing whats important; i.e winning cups and leagues

let them have their victory, we'll be still 20-30 points clear of them at seasons end

aye some crackers in there

post 22 on the thread :"I fail to see any real wrongdoing from the Celtic fans the other night ":whistling::ninja: what a joker says it all about the majority of celtic fans in my book.

Heard the CSF were out in force Wednesday causing grief to the Celtic supports parking on Russell Road. Nothing new there then!

It's getting even worse between Hearts and Celtic now, the Poppy incident took it a step further and then all the pro IRA songs sung

on Wednesday night. We should cut their allocation for sure, even if we lose money, I'll buy two pies instead of one if we do. :thumbsup:

it wasn't the greatest idea i've ever had but i parked the car at Roseburn, i walked round Russel Rd around 7:15 and seen nothing, admittedly i had my head down and was walking pretty quick but all i heard were the IRA/poppy chants, no trouble at all. i hardly even seen any police until i got near the entrance of the Gorgie end where the mounted police where waiting.

a safe pair of sells

A selection:

Do they not like it up them, or do they not like right up them!! I'm so fired up reading some of these slavering toilets gibbering on about "how they're hard done by" & "Jambos are vermin" that my Darkheid ticket is my number 1 on my letter to Santa this year! Don't get me wrong, we have many a ###### following the JTs, but they certainly have the monopoly when it comes to complete [mod edit]! :vangry:

For us oldies not in the know Who are the CSF?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

For us oldies not in the know Who are the CSF?

The Charitable Salmon Foundation. Free fish for all Celtic fans, the poor malnourished ruffians. :(

i was told it was the same flags that were on show at darkheid on Saturday all were in 3 carriers

Could this be the same smeltic fan with a black bag,... I think a kickbacker on here said they seen a tramp with a black bag in Mcleoud St. getting searched by the polis before kick off.....

a safe pair of sells

Could this be the same smeltic fan with a black bag,... I think a kickbacker on here said they seen a tramp with a black bag in Mcleoud St. getting searched by the polis before kick off.....

Nah, that was just Gingerbaws Lennon! :woot:

a safe pair of sells

Gingerbaws with his black bag full o irish trics and banners :whistling::D

Either that or it was for his big chip to stick on shoulder or a bag of paranoia! He wisnae in a bad mood at Tannadice when he ran about like the immature, horrible, little wind up merchant that he is a few weeks back! You wouldnae catch any respectable coach acting like he has this season! Sh#t@-house!

The Charitable Salmon Foundation. Free fish for all Celtic fans, the poor malnourished ruffians. :(

That was the organisation that first came to mind,but needed clarification :thumbsup:

Either that or it was for his big chip to stick on shoulder or a bag of paranoia! He wisnae in a bad mood at Tannadice when he ran about like the immature, horrible, little wind up merchant that he is a few weeks back! You wouldnae catch any respectable coach acting like he has this season! Sh#t@-house!

If he was a true coach he would get in with the fans for a wee singsong JJ style. but He had to moan at the ref for nor gettin a fair crack at the poppy team like.

Feck him and feck the vermin that go with them.

Casual Soccer Firm

Casual Soccer Firm...presumably they're only part time then? :)

As for claims that fans were 'up at the wall giving them abuse' after the game, I'd love to know just how they managed that given that there were a couple of police vans parked in front of it with a line of officers behind it and then the wall. When I went past, nobody was getting anywhere near the wall itself.on our side. There were officers peering at them through the wee window things (a bit like being at the zoo I expect) and I did wonder what exactly they were meant to do if the folk on the other side started charging at it. Shriek loudly, turn and run maybe....

a safe pair of sells

If he was a true coach he would get in with the fans for a wee singsong JJ style. but He had to moan at the ref for nor gettin a fair crack at the poppy team like.

Feck him and feck the vermin that go with them.

Give the auld yin his due, he ain't afraid to wear those maroon tinted glasses (who can blame him either?) But he has dignity & treats people with respect,& hence he receives it in return.

:jj:

The Hearts fans having a go at the vermin outside the Gorgie entrance were not the casuals but the good old Gorgie Agro. TAKE A BOW BOYS :thumbsup:

Give the auld yin his due, he ain't afraid to wear those maroon tinted glasses (who can blame him either?) But he has dignity & treats people with respect,& hence he receives it in return.

:jj:

spot on, even after JJ's rant at parkhead he quickly apologised unlike the mad ginger one. Dignity and respect is a thread that runs right through our club, the recent visits to Sinky in hospital and last season Temps hit a ball into the gorgie stand during warm up and lockie told him to go in to gorgie stand and see person was all right.

spot on, even after JJ's rant at parkhead he quickly apologised unlike the mad ginger one. Dignity and respect is a thread that runs right through our club, the recent visits to Sinky in hospital and last season Temps hit a ball into the gorgie stand during warm up and lockie told him to go in to gorgie stand and see person was all right.

that has allways been the HMFC way, I remember BRUNO doing the same thing and still being the Gent he was contacting the fan in question, Its the HMFC way.

Toxteth O'Grady

Some Celtic fans were also said to have taunted the home support with The Starry Plough flag, a symbol of Irish republicanism famously flown during the Easter Rising against Britain in 1916.

Was that the thing that looked a bit like the EU flag? Blue with Yellow stars?

I thought it might be the national flag of one of their foreign players, it failed to taunt me. Forgive my ignorance of things that happened in another county 90 odd years ago. :teehee:

Cappuccino Kid

the dhims

Why am i not surprised they manage to turn it into a victim mentality. Only disturbances i saw were those instigated by Celtic supporters before and during the match. The claims of Stabbings etc, it's amazing what Scottish press will conspire to cover up against these poor innocents. Maybe there's a conspiracy against them..

Was that the thing that looked a bit like the EU flag? Blue with Yellow stars?

I thought it might be the national flag of one of their foreign players, it failed to taunt me. Forgive my ignorance of things that happened in another county 90 odd years ago. :teehee:

:laugh: I was also totally oblivious to what that flag was.

Also there was a flag that looked like the spanish flag, but it was purple at the bottom. No idea what that was (thought it was the "gay" rainbow flag for a moment...) also there was a flag that looked like a UJ, but it had a red background with white cross and green cross...again I haven't the foggiest what this is, and infact the people waving them probably don't know what they are.

An eyewitness account from one of them:

:laugh: I was also totally oblivious to what that flag was.

Also there was a flag that looked like the spanish flag, but it was purple at the bottom. No idea what that was (thought it was the "gay" rainbow flag for a moment...) also there was a flag that looked like a UJ, but it had a red background with white cross and green cross...again I haven't the foggiest what this is, and infact the people waving them probably don't know what they are.

thats the basque flag

After a quick google the blue one with stars is the newer starry plough the older one is green with yellow which i'm sure was there for a wee while

a safe pair of sells

hahah, i thought all the "queens" supported hibs :lol:

That's why they chucked their cash at Rudi. "here, that herts player's a right looker! I wunder "how much" he is? if he's cheap i'll take a night oaff the Skag tae pay fur it!" (again i may have gone too far) :blink:

Why am i not surprised they manage to turn it into a victim mentality. Only disturbances i saw were those instigated by Celtic supporters before and during the match. The claims of Stabbings etc, it's amazing what Scottish press will conspire to cover up against these poor innocents. Maybe there's a conspiracy against them :lol:

An eyewitness account from one of them:

I was almost crying when I saw that.

Crying with laughter (for the avoidance of any doubt).

Miller Jambo 60

Been a jambo for 45 years and this week has shown our dislike of Celtic.

should not be like this cos its only footie.

Been a jambo for 45 years and this week has shown our dislike of Celtic.

should not be like this cos its only footie.

After this week I think a good few of the more normal Celtic fans are despairing of Celtic. They've hardly covered themselves in glory.

"A skoosh of that stuff would stop an elephant in its tracks and probably helped prevent a full blown riot in both incidents."

I just love that statement.

I think its laughable that half of the idiots present (in the Celtic end) would know anything in great detail about the 1916 rising. Being Scottish and living in Ireland I think folks need to think a bit before they post about the whole of Ireland being reflective of your average celtic fan..

I think its laughable that half of the idiots present (in the Celtic end) would know anything in great detail about the 1916 rising. Being Scottish and living in Ireland I think folks need to think a bit before they post about the whole of Ireland being reflective of your average celtic fan..

The Irish fans are putting pressure on the club. http://www.aicsc.com/

Last month, the Association of Irish Celtic Supporters? Clubs (AICSC) issued a statement in which we noted our dismay at Celtic?s decision to display the poppy emblem on the club?s jerseys.

A recent display of banners at Celtic Park spoke for many of us and not, as some would have it, a minority. We believe this was an overdue and welcome message to the club and reflects a large degree of concern at the failure to listen to the views of supporters.

Walked along russell road before the game and seen about 50 of them attacking celtic fans and buses. Not excusing what they did but i must admit it was quite a site to see as the pesh that the celtic fans where singing was out of order. Vile fans and a wee bit of me thinks they got what they deserved!

Walked along russell road before the game and seen about 50 of them attacking celtic fans and buses. Not excusing what they did but i must admit it was quite a site to see as the pesh that the celtic fans where singing was out of order. Vile fans and a wee bit of me thinks they got what they deserved!

I dont doubt what you seen, but it could not have been the CSF. The CSF have never had a mob of 50 and never will. A mob of 50 hearts fans yes but never 50 CSF.

MOD EDIT

Archived