Some Hearts Fans

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

Every time the OF and Hibs fans disgrace themselves we have a thread on here denouncing them. Well a sizeable minority (between 100 and 200) of the 1000 fans at Millwall spent a large part of the game in working their way through the Rangers songbook in all its gory and unexpurgated detail. A smaller minority within that group added our own racist contribution with the "Edinburgh is Wonderful" song and a few even tried out a "more blacks than Arsenal" ditty aimed at Millwall. Some of this went on while Bouzid (who I'd guess doesn't fulfil some people's racial purity test) lay recovering from a serious-looking injury in front of us.

We should be consistent and condemn our own neanderthals as much as we do others. In fact, more, because they disgrace our club.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not an easy thing to stop altogether although i really believe we've done well to reduce this vile behaviour. There will always be neds with access to alcohol unfortunately. Dubious as to whether they were actual hearts fans though

shaun.lawson

Cue the inevitable:

1. "So what did you do about it? Did you tell them to shut up, instead of whining about it on here?" :rolleyes:

2. "Did you point it out to a steward? If you did, you're a grass". :rolleyes:

I totally agree with the OP. Memo to Hearts fans who do this sort of thing: Rangers are filth. Absolute filth. And I have no interest at all in seeing some people who follow this club try to associate it with such filth, thankyou. :thumbsup:

The Comedian

Every time the OF and Hibs fans disgrace themselves we have a thread on here denouncing them. Well a sizeable minority (between 100 and 200) of the 1000 fans at Millwall spent a large part of the game in working their way through the Rangers songbook in all its gory and unexpurgated detail. A smaller minority within that group added our own racist contribution with the "Edinburgh is Wonderful" song and a few even tried out a "more blacks than Arsenal" ditty aimed at Millwall. Some of this went on while Bouzid (who I'd guess doesn't fulfil some people's racial purity test) lay recovering from a serious-looking injury in front of us.

We should be consistent and condemn our own neanderthals as much as we do others. In fact, more, because they disgrace our club.

Why didn't you challenge the 100-200 people who were acting up? Decided to keep the moaning to the internet.*

*That is the standard JKB reply ain't it. :down:

Francis Albert

Not an easy thing to stop altogether although i really believe we've done well to reduce this vile behaviour. There will always be neds with access to alcohol unfortunately. Dubious as to whether they were actual hearts fans though

The Rangers excuse. They were, certainly most of them were, Hearts fans. unless they did a lot of homework on some of the more traditionaal exclusively Hearts songs.

Hearts of Vladland

We were playing 'Millwall' all the 'boys' will have had a **** over Green Street before they left, you will find most don't go to normally matches just came out for the 'Millwall' game.

I'll expect the same band of brothers coming on JKB to confirm that they heard nothing. Apparently what is unacceptable at Tynecastle is still OK when travelling.

Hearts of Vladland

The Rangers excuse. They were, certainly most of them were, Hearts fans. unless they did a lot of homework on some of the more traditionaal exclusively Hearts songs.

I can confirm that at the Celtic game in the CIS cup last season a few of the group that were singing 'Rangers' songs were indeed Rangers fans same with the 1-0 game at Aberdeen, they were mostly Hearts though.

Ray Winstone

I will be taking bets on the amount of bans and suspensions as well as the time of closure for this thread.

Ray Winstone

Surely these songs added to the ELECTRIC atmosphere generated inside the New Den?

:whistling:

The Comedian

Surely these songs added to the ELECTRIC atmosphere generated inside the New Den?

:whistling:

Hahaha yeah the King Billy tea towel brigade are a right larf!

Absolutely. This was never part of the club that I grew up to support.

Really wish they would stop doing this,they are only letting themselves and the club down.

Ray Winstone

Are you suggesting this kind of behaviour should be ignored? Some would say that is the same as condoning it.

Personally I think Francis is spot on.

AP and I are the kind of fans who uphold the TRADITIONAL values of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

We also encourage any behaviour that lends itself to generating an ELECTRIC atmosphere inside ground around the country.

Gorgie Rules/Aggro and all that.

:rolleyes:

chester copperpot

It's a shame that it's came to this.

I wish we would stop doing this, as it doesn't bother me, as each to their own and all that, however I get embarrassed now hearing that sort of thing.

Jambof3tornado

Poor that some fans cant manage to behave properly when representing our club. Hopefully we would have had a few travelling stewards to note faces!

ToadKiller Dog

They disgrace themselves with such chants not the club , the views of a few boozed up eejits are not those of the club or it's main fan base and never will be .

Francis you can't say you never expected it happens every away trip out of Scotland only place left the north Briton extreamists can safely get away with it .

Will those singing about more blacks than Arsenal give there views on blacks or pakistanis to any they meet out in London tonight I severlly doubt it .

The racist chant and sectarian pish is rightly to be condemed doest take away from what was overall a great day out with strong loud backing of the side and some funny banter with the millwall support .

Hahaha yeah the King Billy tea towel brigade are a right larf!

They don't even know what their singing about either.

Wonder if any of them know King William raised the Papal standard at the Boyne.

Don Roberto

generating an electric atmosphere doesn't need to include racist and sectarian bile.

Saved me the same reply. Poor attempt to excuse the inexcusable

These ***** belong in the dark ages.

They probably think they are cool as **** as well. It's cringeworthy.

Ray Winstone

Saved me the same reply. Poor attempt to excuse the inexcusable

I think this one has passed quickly over your head.

AP and I are the kind of fans who uphold the TRADITIONAL values of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

We also encourage any behaviour that lends itself to generating an ELECTRIC atmosphere inside ground around the country.

it's a pity the polis don't uphold their TRADITIONAL values and boot **** out of you all.

Way I see it, they are not disgracing HMFC they are disgracing themselves. I know the vast majority of our fans are not sectarian or trouble makers in the slightest. I have a low threshold for idiots at games so the club should have a zero tolerance about such behaviour. If they can identify them? Ban them. Like Andy said to the rest of us, we get embarrassed by their actions.

Wrong - for a large number of fans this was a part of supporting Hearts, particularly in the seventies and eighties.

The world has (thankfully) moved on, and Hearts fans are moving on as well. A lot of what was accepted behaviour back then, would be condemned now, and hopefully things will continue to improve.

I am absolutely NOT trying to condone these behaviours, but let's at least be honest, and not try to airbrush it out of our past.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Are you suggesting this kind of behaviour should be ignored? Some would say that is the same as condoning it.

Personally I think Francis is spot on.

I've not suggested anything other than that Francis is boring me. Get off your high horse eh.

It's been discussed over and over and over and over and over and all these threads ever achieve are that they provide platforms for the easily offended to show how rounded and perfect they are.

Were you at the semi-final against Hibs? If so the chances are you took part in a homophobic chant. The chances are you and Franny have sung Hello Hello as well as the majority of Tynecastle used to sing it. Lets sweep all that under the carpet though, eh? :thumbsup:

Ray Winstone

This kind of thread was an absolute 'Nap' (have I done that right?) following the game against Millwall.

It could have been predicted as soon as the friendly was set up.

I've not suggested anything other than that Francis is boring me. Get off your high horse eh.

It's been discussed over and over and over and over and over and all these threads ever achieve are that they provide platforms for the easily offended to show how rounded and perfect they are.

Were you at the semi-final against Hibs? If so the chances are you took part in a homophobic chant. The chances are you and Franny have sung Hello Hello as well as the majority of Tynecastle used to sing it. Lets sweep all that under the carpet though, eh? :thumbsup:

Yeah but some songs are ok to sing it's just tradition and they cause no harm. I hate the sick ones. Dean he's only got one eye versus Wallace Mercer is dead? Both equally wrong AP. I hate seeing our fans stoop as low as that, we're a better support than that.

you must be of tender age then?

we, like most other clubs have had a problem with this type of behaviour in the past.

thankfully the majority of our support has moved on and left the bad old days behind.

Throughout our society you'll find idiots!

Put 1000 drunk scots in a stand and you've got to expect 100-200 idiots! This is the same with any football club in Britain!

For all the idiots on here saying "this was never the club I was brought up supporting" or "not true of the real proper hearts fans" well I'm sorry....but that's a load of bollox! As far back as I can remember hearts have had supporters with leanings to loyalist/pro-brittish attitudes! Anyone who says differently is a liar!

I am not condoning these attitudes or behaviours btw just taking my pc shades off and telling it like it is!!

Anyways who's up for a wee sing song? I'll start us off....

Hello hello....

Hearts of Vladland

Yeah but some songs are ok to sing it's just tradition and they cause no harm. I hate the sick ones. Dean he's only got one eye versus Wallace Mercer is dead? Both equally wrong AP. I hate seeing our fans stoop as low as that, we're a better support than that.

That is like singing about someone being fat, it is there apperance not as wrong as singing about someone being dead IMO.

Ach whits the proablem, its jist a wee bit o" banter, and atmosphere, if some o they auld life wastin vermin wid join us fitba wid be a be'er experience fir us a'. South Ocky Rules. Ma Ha. :thumbsup:

That is like singing about someone being fat, it is there apperance not as wrong as singing about someone being dead IMO.

Reminds me of a joke. Hear the one about the fat, dead, one eyed, gay black guy?

Maybe not.

Independence

Throughout our society you'll find idiots!

Put 1000 drunk scots in a stand and you've got to expect 100-200 idiots! This is the same with any football club in Britain!

For all the idiots on here saying "this was never the club I was brought up supporting" or "not true of the real proper hearts fans" well I'm sorry....but that's a load of bollox! As far back as I can remember hearts have had supporters with leanings to loyalist/pro-brittish attitudes! Anyone who says differently is a liar!

I am not condoning these attitudes or behaviours btw just taking my pc shades off and telling it like it is!!

Anyways who's up for a wee sing song? I'll start us off....

Hello hello....

You are correct that unfortunately Hearts have always had a bad element that for their own agenda have decided that they wish to be like Rangers fans.

However it has, thankfully, always been a vociferous minority! I am one of the supporters you refer to as being 'idiots' as I agree with the comments "this was never the club I was brought up supporting" or "not true of the real proper hearts fans" !

However, well done to the 800+ fans who did not join in with singing Rangers songs!!!!!!

I don't think I've ever sung a song about someone being fat either. Have you?

Rick Grimes

You are correct that unfortunately Hearts have always had a bad element that for their own agenda have decided that they wish to be like Rangers fans.

However it has, thankfully, always been a vociferous minority! I am one of the supporters you refer to as being 'idiots' as I agree with the comments "this was never the club I was brought up supporting" or "not true of the real proper hearts fans" !

However, well done to the 800+ fans who did not join in with singing Rangers songs!!!!!!

the difference with us & Rangers is that we weren't set up as a sectarian club, haven't had a sectarian signing policy in the past & indeed lobbied to get Hibs into the Scottish league back in the day. yes, there's an element who have attached themselves over the years and sadly still remain, but you're correct that they're not true supporters. if people really want to support a club that panders to bigots they can nip along the M8 and take their pick.

Don Roberto

"High Horse" yep, if someone does not agree with your point of view and early attempt to demean theirs is alsways a good starting point. I'm not afriad top say that I'll keep my tight pants on when it is a subject that causes me - and the club I love - so much embarrasment.

Yes, you are of course right. I grew up with all that stuff in the seventies. I sang "Hello Hello" without having a clue to it's meaning at that age. I grew up though. I am now adult enough to understand that the perpetuation of racism and sectarianism is not excusable.

You are also right that the Hibbees are gay chant was joined by thousands and that lots of fans who would normally be appalled by any type discrimination joined in, it was funny even though lots of us knew it was wrong really. Being funny and being caught up with the moment doesn't excuse it but it was humorous rather than bile driven. Check mate I can hear you thinking, but that is a pretty poor comparison for the sickening bile of sectarian stuff that can sometimes be heard for the moronic crew that are still trying to keep the seventies boot boy culture on the go.

I think you will fnd they are 'Traditional Fans' whatever that means.

However you should have spoke up to all of them and challenged this issues in a topical debate. Im sure the setting of being in the New Den and 200 'Traditional Hearts Fans fuelled with alcohol would have made the situation more easier. :thumbsup:

Diadora Van Basten

I hate all the sectarian nonsense and racist stuff and it makes me cringe when I see fellow Hearts fans participating in it.

Maybe not.

they weren't real fans, they were a tiny minority of people from the wider support and/or a group of trouble makers who deliberately attempted to tarnish the otherwise excellent reputation of the club.

this comment has been borrowed from one martin bain, glasgow.

Neds is neds. Don't let them bother you.

Apart from that we were ******* excellent today....... Hats off boys, were were ******* brilliant as usual.

You are also right that the Hibbees are gay chant was joined by thousands and that lots of fans who would normally be appalled by any type discrimination joined in, it was funny even though lots of us knew it was wrong really.

Oh, FFS. It was just a laugh. Even Hibs fans & gay people thought it was funny.

Wrong?

On a football terrace I have little or no time for offense. It's a case of banter & oneupmanship.

The guy who first sang the song at Hampden had it all wrapped up. A total laugh that we will all remember as being in toe with an amazing day/month for Hearts fans.

The other shouts at games, fair enough are OTT. You'll never stop it though.

Victor Meldrew

I know you're trying to get a reaction and I shouldn't rise to it, but I've got to demonstrate quite how ridiculous this viewpoint is.

Do you really think that racism and bigotry are the 'traditional values' of Heart of Midlothian Football Club? Of course they aren't. We are a football club. We should welcome anyone of any creed colour and religion who wants to follow Hearts. Singing songs like 'Edinburgh is Wonderful' and the like makes it clear that certain sections of support don't welcome people who aren't like them. I do know of a certain club which has 'traditional values' of the type you mention, but perhaps you can't afford the bus fare to go and see them?

I know that we can't expect any better from certain sections of our support, but it doesn't make them any less embarrassing.

East or West..Heart of Midlothian are the best :love: We all share the same goals to see our team do well. I don't care what colour or creed you are.... If you love our club as much as I do...you're one of us. This thread should end on this note really. C'mon folks it's looking quite positive for the new season tonight, please don't bicker about something that has no meaning to most of us. :lightbulb:

East or West..Heart of Midlothian are the best :love: We all share the same goals to see our team do well. I don't care what colour or creed you are.... If you love our club as much as I do...you're one of us. This thread should end on this note really. C'mon folks it's looking quite positive for the new season tonight, please don't bicker about something that has no meaning to most of us. :lightbulb:

Agreed. However I did notice a chap with a My Little Pony teatowel on his head today.... :ninja:

Archived