Lawrie Tierney

Alan_R

Im fairly certain Tierney was only loaned to the hobos during a relegation season.

However London Hearts reckons it was a free transfer. http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/tierneylawrie.html

Any way of confirming this? Also if he was loaned would that make him one of a kind, or have there been any other hearts players loaned to the hubs?

I recall he joined HIVs on a free transfer. Released by Ormond. But it was some time ago, my memory could be dodgy.

Cheers. I should've mentioned when I said 'fairly certain' what I actually meant is I remember being told this was the case. Tierney is just out my age bracket and the only reason I remember was because I thought loaning a player between the two clubs was fairly odd.

Has there been and other players to be loaned between the two?

Hearts Heritage

Cheers. I should've mentioned when I said 'fairly certain' what I actually meant is I remember being told this was the case. Tierney is just out my age bracket and the only reason I remember was because I thought loaning a player between the two clubs was fairly odd.

Has there been and other players to be loaned between the two?

Most famous case was Willie Waugh loaned to Hibs in 1936 and played in 10 league games. His saves kept them from relegation. Especially in the game noted below.

Willie%20Waugh.jpg

1936040804.jpg

1936040805.jpg

1936040806.jpg

http://www.ihibs.co....hp?playerid=494

As previously posted by Tasavallan, he was freed by Ormond , then he got freed by Ormond again when he was in charge at Easter Rd.

Hearts Heritage

Strangely enough met a girl from school I hadn't seen in 30 years and she said she went out with LT when he was with Hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1936040805.jpg

Relegation struggle with Kilmarnock. Plus ca change...

Archived