Teen Pregnancy

Guest Prince William

Guest Atticus

What strikes me about these wee hoors is that they are usually dumb as dirt. I reckon if you ask any young preggo burd her opinion on religion, politics, whatever, they will shrug their shoulders and say "dont know, dont care". Ask them for their point of view on abortion and they all of a sudden have an opinion. How convenient. It must be something to do with the fact that they either view a child as a fashion item or view a child as something which can help them claim more benefits.

Before anyone asks, this is not a "thinly veiled I got a burd pregnant and she wont get rid of it" type post ... FYI it was actually your mum/wife/girlfriend/daughter/whoever you love dearly that I had a go on. This rant comes as a result of learning that scores of bursd from my old school have kids already or are now up the duff, some onto their second FFS. Not to mention all the programmes on the the TV at the moment about youngins ruining their lives. Not great stuff.

Anyone here have kids when they were too young?

Anyone here got any views on abortion?

Anyone heres daughter a wee dirty?

cashgenerator

What strikes me about these wee hoors is that they are usually dumb as dirt. I reckon if you ask any young preggo burd her opinion on religion, politics, whatever, they will shrug their shoulders and say "dont know, dont care". Ask them for their point of view on abortion and they all of a sudden have an opinion. How convenient. It must be something to do with the fact that they either view a child as a fashion item or view a child as something which can help them claim more benefits.

Before anyone asks, this is not a "thinly veiled I got a burd pregnant and she wont get rid of it" type post ... FYI it was actually your mum/wife/girlfriend/daughter/whoever you love dearly that I had a go on. This rant comes as a result of learning that scores of bursd from my old school have kids already or are now up the duff, some onto their second FFS. Not to mention all the programmes on the the TV at the moment about youngins ruining their lives. Not great stuff.

You seem quite angry.

Creepy Lurker

Stop the press, guys: idiot in idiotic post shocker.

Creepy Lurker

Creepy Lurker.

Funny name :thumbsup:

I'm thinking that this might be a Columbo moment...

columbo.jpg

heartsfc_fan

LOL

:laugh:

Can see where you are coming from with the young pregnancy thing a bit though...people need to live a bit before they have kids IMO...if it's a mistake...well that's another issue.

one of the best questions this year on kickback.

dunno why... just is.

:lol:

Do most teens have any deep opinions on anything that doesn't really relate to them? When you were between 15-18 did you care about the latestt goings on with the local church? Or what your MP's name was? I doubt it.

What you will find is that these wee hoors haven't been at school to learn about their health and sex ed. You will also find that they are likely to be sh*t scared of being a parent but wouldn't want to give up the kid. Becoming a parent will be one of the few things that makes them mature.

Governor Tarkin

Nope, but my wee sister is filth apparently.

Guest Atticus

Do most teens have any deep opinions on anything that doesn't really relate to them? When you were between 15-18 did you care about the latestt goings on with the local church? Or what your MP's name was? I doubt it.

What you will find is that these wee hoors haven't been at school to learn about their health and sex ed. You will also find that they are likely to be sh*t scared of being a parent but wouldn't want to give up the kid. Becoming a parent will be one of the few things that makes them mature.

Interesting.

Point is they dont care about anything, then when abortion comes up they claim to have such strong feelings on the matter.

While having a child may help a young lassie feel mature, she should take into consideration the negatives.

You see the types on the tele who have no income, live with their parents and have a jakeball boyfriend who wont hang around for much longer etc. Its unfair on the child, cant bring it into that type of enviroment.

Creepy Lurker

Point is they dont care about anything, then when abortion comes up they claim to have such strong feelings on the matter.

What a stupid point. Obviously people are going to form an opinion on something once they're personally affected by it.

On the topic of teen mums generally, a lot of them end up being really good parents. A lot also end up being terrible parents, but then so do a lot of so-called 'mature' parents.

In general, I think that it helps to be a bit older when becoming a parent, but sweeping generalisations help no-one and just make those making the generalisations look a bit simple.

Then again, I'm sure that it's okay BECOZ ITZ ALL A FUNNY WINDUP LOL

Chris Benoit

I've known and seen folk in their 20's and 30's who don't deserve the children they have I've also seen lassie's who have got pregnant as a teenager who's kids want for nothing, work hard and don't ask for anything.

It's easy to use stereotypes and generalisations to make an argument but I really fail to see the point you're making

Guest Atticus

• The worldwide incidence of premature birth and low birth rate is higher among adolescent mothers
  • One-third of pregnant teens receive insufficient prenatal care and that their children are more likely to suffer from health issues in childhood or be hospitalized than those born to older women
  • Complications of pregnancy result in the deaths of an estimated 70,000 teen girls in developing countries each year.
  • The World Health Organization estimates that the risk of death following pregnancy is twice as great for women between 15 and 19 years than for those between the ages of 20 and 24.
  • Less than one third of teenage mothers receive any form of child support, vastly increasing the likelihood of turning to the government for assistance
  • found that nearly 50% of all adolescent mothers sought social assistance within the first five years of their child's life
  • A study of 100 teenaged mothers in the United Kingdom found that only 11% received a salary, while the remaining 89% were unemployed
  • Most British teenage mothers live in poverty, with nearly half in the bottom fifth of the income distribution
  • Teenage women who are pregnant or mothers are seven times more likely to commit suicide than other teenagers
  • Early motherhood can affect the psychosocial development of the infant
  • The occurrence of developmental disabilities and behavioral issues is increased in children born to teen mothers
  • Poor academic performance in the children of teenage mothers has also been noted, with many of them being more likely than average to fail to graduate from secondary school, be held back a grade level, or score lower on standardized tests. Daughters born to adolescent parents are more likely to become teen mothers themselves A son born to a young woman in her teens is three times more likely to serve time in prison

Cant argue with those facts, cheers Wiki. Teen pregnancy GTF

Do The Dance

Nope, but my wee sister is filth apparently.

I can vouch for this.

Cant argue with those facts, cheers Wiki. Teen pregnancy GTF

Can I try?

• Less than one third of teenage mothers receive any form of child support, vastly increasing the likelihood of turning to the government for assistance
  • found that nearly 50% of all adolescent mothers sought social assistance within the first five years of their child's life
  • A study of 100 teenaged mothers in the United Kingdom found that only 11% received a salary, while the remaining 89% were unemployed
  • Most British teenage mothers live in poverty, with nearly half in the bottom fifth of the income distribution
  • Teenage women who are pregnant or mothers are seven times more likely to commit suicide than other teenagers

Could you confirm what the statistics are for example compared to mothers aged 20-24

I'd imagine they'd be better, but not my enough to justify teenage mothers being the wart on the arse of humanity like you are saying

Guest Atticus

Can I try?

Could you confirm what the statistics are for example compared to mothers aged 20-24

I'd imagine they'd be better, but not my enough to justify teenage mothers being the wart on the arse of humanity like you are saying

I never said they were warts Sarge.

And aye theyre ehm... better :ermm:, otherwise their would be worldwide government schemes to cut down on pregnancy between the ages of 20 - 24, which as far as im aware, there is not.

Im not going to lie I have no idea, as stated these stats are from my mate Wiki in the teenage pregnancy article.

I think the facts speak for themself though, statistics prove that more often than not teen pregnancy is bad news.

As for wimmin in their 20s, "The World Health Organization estimates that the risk of death following pregnancy is twice as great for women between 15 and 19 years than for those between the ages of 20 and 24. The maternal mortality rate can be up to five times higher for girls aged between 10 and 14 than for women of about twenty years of age" .. Nothing about the financial side of things but quite alarming. Death worse than money problems IMO.

I never said they were warts Sarge.

And aye theyre ehm... better :ermm:, otherwise their would be worldwide government schemes to cut down on pregnancy between the ages of 20 - 24, which as far as im aware, there is not.

Im not going to lie I have no idea, as stated these stats are from my mate Wiki in the teenage pregnancy article.

I think the facts speak for themself though, statistics prove that more often than not teen pregnancy is bad news.

As for wimmin in their 20s, "The World Health Organization estimates that the risk of death following pregnancy is twice as great for women between 15 and 19 years than for those between the ages of 20 and 24. The maternal mortality rate can be up to five times higher for girls aged between 10 and 14 than for women of about twenty years of age" .. Nothing about the financial side of things but quite alarming. Death worse than money problems IMO.

cool, all fair points

much better than your OP

Guest C00l K1d

I switched of after there

Denny Crane

My mother was educated to post-graduate level. She was 18 when she gave birth to myself. Would the OP care to clarify his remarks?

jeremy kyle has a lot to answer for...his piece of shit show is one of the reasons why teenage parents get such a bad rep.?

i personally think people should wait to have kids...but that doesn't mean every single teenage parent is going to fail. generalisations like this are really outdated and small-minded.

Snake Plissken

My mother was educated to post-graduate level. She was 18 when she gave birth to myself. Would the OP care to clarify his remarks?

Must you take everything so seriously?

You'll notice the OP said 'usually dumb as dirt', I don't think he meant all of them.

FTR my mother was also 18 when I was born and is also a smart cookie yet I didn't take any offence at the OP. Quite a lot of teenage mothers are no smarter than acquarium gravel and most of them should wait (ideally forever) before having children.

I've known and seen folk in their 20's and 30's who don't deserve the children they have I've also seen lassie's who have got pregnant as a teenager who's kids want for nothing, work hard and don't ask for anything.

It's easy to use stereotypes and generalisations to make an argument but I really fail to see the point you're making

THIS

Denny Crane

Must you take everything so seriously?

If it annoys you, yes. :rolleyes:

I wonder what the dumb as dirt blokes who pumped the 'wee hoors' views are on politics , religion and the like. I would also guess they have a a pretty strong argument on abortion.

Rick Grimes

I wonder what the dumb as dirt blokes who pumped the 'wee hoors' views are on politics , religion and the like. I would also guess they have a a pretty strong argument on abortion.

indeed. surprisingly enough my question on this to the OP was ignored.

what a horribly ignorant & misogynistic thread this is.

rossthejambo

Not sure if the OP made this on the back of watching "Underage & Pregnant" on BBC3 last night but having seen 2 very different cases of teenage mothers, it would be very unfair to generalise.

One of them, from Portsmouth, was, for want of a better word, thick as mince. Totally unaware of the seriousness of what she was letting herself in for IMO.

The other, from Inverness, lost her boyfriend in a car accident when she was 7 weeks pregnant and, was quite frankly, unbelievably grounded and you'd think, despite being 14, she'd been through it all before.

I'd imagine that her mum and dad being reasonably well off will have helped but it just shows that there are plenty people who are capable regardless of how old they are.

Sheiky Baby

jeremy kyle has a lot to answer for...his piece of shit show is one of the reasons why teenage parents get such a bad rep.?

i personally think people should wait to have kids...but that doesn't mean every single teenage parent is going to fail. generalisations like this are really outdated and small-minded.

Teenage mums had a bad rep waaaaaaay before Jeremy Kyle came along, although he is a tool and doesn't help matters

I do agree that a lot of teenage mums don't have a clue what they are doing and absent fathers don't help either. Some of these kids need to wake up though and think about not having the child , you'll probably notice most would end up in abortion if they had the advice on EXACTLY what they are letting themselves in for.

shaun.lawson

This thread is a wind-up. A lot of posters have been whooshed.

This thread is a wind-up. A lot of posters have been whooshed.

can sometimes happen when folks banter is pish!

I dont know if I have stated before but I was a big fan of The Viz. One of these characters was Sid the Sexist and Sydney (as his Mother would call him) constantly went on about, 'dourty burds' and talked about items he had no knowledge about. Sydney was a virgin.

Creepy Lurker
<BR>This thread is a wind-up. A lot of posters have been whooshed.<BR>
<BR><BR>Stupid person says stupid thing.<BR>Less stupid people tell stupid person that he is stupid.<BR>Such a funny wind up, lololol.

shaun.lawson

<BR><BR>Stupid person says stupid thing.<BR>Less stupid people tell stupid person that he is stupid.<BR>Such a funny wind up, lololol.

Funny, no. Just a wind-up - a wind-up precisely because Atticus is certainly not stupid.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

It seems to me that poor Atticus has finally twigged that the only thing he is going to pulling soon is his wee tallywhacker !!

Creepy Lurker

Funny, no. Just a wind-up - a wind-up precisely because Atticus is certainly not stupid.

I can only base my opinion on what I've seen on this thread and others. The guy seems pretty dense to me, and this isn't just an 'I disagree with you so you're stupid' post.

I don't think that anyone answered this thread not knowing that it was intended (at least partially) as a wind up. Whether they're 'wind ups' or not, though, offensive and stupid comments are still offensive and stupid comments.

shaun.lawson

I can only base my opinion on what I've seen on this thread and others. The guy seems pretty dense to me, and this isn't just an 'I disagree with you so you're stupid' post.

I don't think that anyone answered this thread not knowing that it was intended (at least partially) as a wind up. Whether they're 'wind ups' or not, though, offensive and stupid comments are still offensive and stupid comments.

Oh, I agree. But Atticus - King or SlevinKelevra in previous incarnations - is hardly dense.

Rick Grimes

oh I get it now......

the thought process must have gone something like

"I'll be an ignorant arsehole - that'll get 'em".

instant classic. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

oh I get it now......

the thought process must have gone something like

"I'll be an ignorant arsehole - that'll get 'em".

instant classic. :thumbsup:

It's no classic, and it's not funny either. But wind-ups work when people take an OP seriously, and all pile in in accordance, when it wasn't seriously meant in the first place.

Walter Bishop

I cant believe some of the stuff posted on here that is deleted by the mods, yet this thread has been allowed to stay open all day. The last question on the 1st post is very worrying and bordering on disgusting.

Creepy Lurker

Oh, I agree. But Atticus - King or SlevinKelevra in previous incarnations - is hardly dense.

I'm aware of his previous names. I think that he seems dense. I hope that that's okay.

It's no classic, and it's not funny either. But wind-ups work when people take an OP seriously, and all pile in in accordance, when it wasn't seriously meant in the first place.

I find that the most successful wind ups are those which contain a kernel of what the OP actually thinks, magnified x1000...

Either way, this kind of discussion is an example of internet patter at its most honking: no-one is allowed to discuss anything for fear of the ultimate indignity of being told that they've been 'whooshed'. Posters who make stupid, indefensible points, meanwhile, can do so safe in the knowledge that if anyone ever shows that they've made a ***** of themselves, they can fall back on the good old: 'lol i gotta bite!' line.

There's a little group of Kickbackers who have terrible patter, but at least some manage to remain mildly amusing with it. The OP frankly doesn't.

Chris Benoit

Ah knowing the OP's former pseudonyms explains a lot, always had him down as a guy who while he aint stupid is certainly nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is.

shaun.lawson

I'm aware of his previous names. I think that he seems dense. I hope that that's okay.

I find that the most successful wind ups are those which contain a kernel of what the OP actually thinks, magnified x1000...

Either way, this kind of discussion is an example of internet patter at its most honking: no-one is allowed to discuss anything for fear of the ultimate indignity of being told that they've been 'whooshed'. Posters who make stupid, indefensible points, meanwhile, can do so safe in the knowledge that if anyone ever shows that they've made a ***** of themselves, they can fall back on the good old: 'lol i gotta bite!' line.

There's a little group of Kickbackers who have terrible patter, but at least some manage to remain mildly amusing with it. The OP frankly doesn't.

You honestly think that the following thread was the work of a dense individual?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/67356-hearts-are-on-the-glass-mountain

I broadly agree with the rest of what you wrote, though. In most cases, there's no skill to a wind-up at all, and it does enable people to say ridiculous things.

Rick Grimes

You honestly think that the following thread was the work of a dense individual?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/67356-hearts-are-on-the-glass-mountain

I broadly agree with the rest of what you wrote, though. In most cases, there's no skill to a wind-up at all, and it does enable people to say ridiculous things.

you can be quite intelligent & hold some nasty views.

you can also be quite intelligent and post shit threads.

Archived