Hobo "world class superstars" walking derby tightrope!

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Liam "Zidane" Miller and Sol "Maldini" Bamba who are worth a combined ?40 million if you listen to the deluded ones are both 1 yellow card away from missing the derby!!

Bamba playing imo would be a bonus for us and Mikey pissed all over Miller the last 2 derby`s, so would not be a disaster if both managed through Saturday without picking up a card.

Liam "Zidane" Miller and Sol "Maldini" Bamba who are worth a combined ?40 million if you listen to the deluded ones are both 1 yellow card away from missing the derby!!

Bamba playing imo would be a bonus for us and Mikey pissed all over Miller the last 2 derby`s, so would not be a disaster if both managed through Saturday without picking up a card.

Will be very upset if Bamba doesn`t start the derby natch. He is a player who is capable of throwing a game away all on his own

Who really gives a flying **** who plays for them or not, they are on a slippery slope right now.

Drylaw Hearts

Who really gives a flying **** who plays for them or not, they are on a slippery slope right now.

Agreed.

What? and listen to another round of whining like we heard in April 2006 about the players they were missing. Bring it on as strong as they can be and lets hope for another 4-0 pumping of the deluded fools. Chances are they will be out the cup by then so on a real downer

Who really gives a flying **** who plays for them or not

Spot on mate. It's always been this way. That's why this is the most one-sided derby in world football. :thumbsup:

Will be very upset if Bamba doesn`t start the derby natch. He is a player who is capable of throwing a game away all on his own

Unfortunately for you's he hasn't done that at all in his Hibs career let alone against you's but I do agree he is over rated.

Do some people just make up stuff about Hibs players valuing players like Miller and Bamba at ?5million or have they actually read it somewhere? Cause I would love to read the delusion of these people if so but I'm suspecting it's just getting made up.

Spot on mate. It's always been this way. That's why this is the most one-sided derby in world football. :thumbsup:

Its not really been that one sided in the last few years though has it? Especially the last couple of years. Over 2 years ago in the league now & in that time we have won the derby both home and away.

Its not really been that one sided in the last few years though has it? Especially the last couple of years. Over 2 years ago in the league now & in that time we have won the derby both home and away.

2 years. :lol:

36 posts. Defending the Leithers. Hmmmmm....:peepwall:

Pay attention old bean, he is a hibs fan.

Pay attention old bean, he is a hibs fan.

Yeah, just spotted that. It just proves I can sniff those rhats out though. :thumbsup:

Yeah, just spotted that. It just proves I can sniff those rhats out though. :thumbsup:

It proves you're turning senile.

It proves you're turning senile.

That alternative explanation is just as valid. :angry:

Patrick Bateman

I suppose it's normal given that we're in the run up to a derby, but there are far, far too many Hibs related threads on KB. I don't care about what players they have for selection and I don't want it clogging up the board. They are irrelevant and should be treated as such.

2 years. :lol:

2 years shows that you have no recent form in the derbies at all so I don't see where any "business as usual" comments are coming from.

The derby has not been one sided for any side in the past 10 years either.

2 years shows that you have no recent form in the derbies at all so I don't see where any "business as usual" comments are coming from.

OK Ok calm down sweatheart, answer these questions.

Who has won more games? and Who has won the most games held at Easter Rd? In terms of the derby.

OK Ok calm down sweatheart, answer these questions.

Who has won more games? and Who has won the most games held at Easter Rd? In terms of the derby.

Yep historically hearts on both counts. But if we lived in the past Aberdeen would be a major force in Europe along with Leeds United.

Point is although historically you hold the upper hand in derby wins (by a long way) in the past ten years it's been extremely tight and in the past couple of seasons you have failed to beat us in 7 league games on the trot.

Two nil in the Scottish Cup last season a figment of our imagination then :whistling:

Yep historically hearts on both counts. But if we lived in the past Aberdeen would be a major force in Europe along with Leeds United.

Point is although historically you hold the upper hand in derby wins (by a long way) in the past ten years it's been extremely tight and in the past couple of seasons you have failed to beat us in 7 league games on the trot.

So is it the most one sided derby in the world?

Incase you strauggle to come to terms with it the answer is yes. The current derby form is on your side but comeback when your run unbeaten reaches the 14, the 17 or the 22 game unbeaten runs that I have witnessed.

What he says. :thumbsup:

comeback when your run unbeaten reaches the 14, the 17 or the 22 game unbeaten runs that I have witnessed.

You realise he'll have to take his manky, holy socks off so he can appreciate such large numbers. Thank God he has 6 toes on each foot. :rolleyes:

You realise he'll have to take his manky, holy socks off so he can appreciate such large numbers. Thank God he has 6 toes on each foot. :rolleyes:

Play nice, he said yesterday he come on here for football debate and banter. Yesterday he refused to give me an answer to a point I made about St Thomas of Tyreman and now this.

I know many hibs fans and enjoy their company but at least be able to back up your statements.

So is it the most one sided derby in the world?

Incase you strauggle to come to terms with it the answer is yes. The current derby form is on your side but comeback when your run unbeaten reaches the 14, the 17 or the 22 game unbeaten runs that I have witnessed.

It's not even the most one sided in Scotland, that honour goes to the Dundee sides.

Im not bragging about the form being on our side, Im just pointing out it won't be "business as usual" if you win.

rossthejambo

So you've won the derby home and away once in the past 2 years?

Fabulous bit of stats there and just goes to show that even when we're playing absolutely shite that we've only lost twice to you lot in over 8 attempts.

thumbsup.gif

It's not even the most one sided in Scotland, that honour goes to the Dundee sides.

Im not bragging about the form being on our side, Im just pointing out it won't be "business as usual" if you win.

Can you provide some stats and a link to prove this please.

Can you provide some stats and a link to prove this please.

Given prior to the McLean era in the 80's Dundee were the more successful side in the city I look forward to his answer. :rolleyes:

Given prior to the McLean era in the 80's Dundee were the more successful side in the city I look forward to his answer. :rolleyes:

I was thinking that as well.

You seem a decent sort Standby so I don't want to get involved in petty arguments....BUT, it's 6 games and not 7, and 4 of the 6 games have been draws so hardly a terrible record.

Add in our SC win last season and it's 2 wins each and 5 draws in the last 9 games.

I can go back to 1875 should you wishsmile.gif

Sorry, I forgot you never made the top 6 that season for the extra game (not a cheap shot)

Yep four of the six have been draws but it's still 6 games none the less, hence why I don't see why you should be so confident.

As for the cup, I agree but I did say league form as anything can happen in the (nasty terrible, horrible) cup.

Ah well, no links, no stats......................another myth.

Maybe mummy's put his PC away and told him to do his homework. :ermm:

Ah well, no links, no stats......................another myth.

Which is what they do best as we all know. Full of hot air. :rolleyes:

anything can happen in the (nasty terrible, horrible) cup.

Like a 4-0 humiliation in the biggest derby match ever, where the majority of your fhans turned up dressed as empty seats? Very nasty right enough. :whistling:

I was thinking that as well.

Nope, I checked london hearts on this before. The dundee record against Utd is poorer percentage wise than ours against yours.

Your the one claiming that we have the worst derby record in the world, I will as prove thats the case please? Or you can just let the myth continue if you like.....

Nope, I checked london hearts on this before. The dundee record against Utd is poorer percentage wise than ours against yours.

Your the one claiming that we have the worst derby record in the world, I will as prove thats the case please? Or you can just let the myth continue if you like.....

Can you provide me a link and some stats please that's all I am asking, not what you claim to have read.

COLD HARD FACTS until you provide them, it will be a myth.

Like a 4-0 humiliation in the biggest derby match ever, where the majority of your fhans turned up dressed as empty seats? Very nasty right enough. :whistling:

Oh ma sides "dressed as seats" ho ho ho.. yep, like the humiliation of that game and your humiliation in the actual final itself in 1996.

Oh ma sides "dressed as seats" ho ho ho.. yep, like the humiliation of that game and your humiliation in the actual final itself in 1996.

Sorry mate, are you responding to a dig aimed at you about a derby result, with the mention of a Rangers - Hearts game?

This is becoming cringeworthy :(

Guest CRASH AND BURN

LIVINGSTONE immediately springs to mind !

Dear oh dear. If you want to mention cup final humiliations why not mention your last Scottish Cup final then against ra sellick. :whistling:

Maybe you could tell me who holds the "honour" for the record defeat in the Scottish Cup Final? To make matters even funnier, the holders of this record even released a commemorative strip. Now THAT'S funny. :lol:

I dont see the connection between the 2 points above.

I dont see the connection between the 2 points above.

That's because there isn't one.

Lets just keep turning the handle of this guy.

Great fun!

Can you provide me a link and some stats please that's all I am asking, not what you claim to have read.

COLD HARD FACTS until you provide them, it will be a myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_derby

Dundee Derby

Played 153

Dundee Utd 71

Dundee 45

Margin 26 game lead for United.

Edinburgh derby http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_derby

Played 302

Hearts wins 130

Hibs 85

Difference 45

Thats also not including the TOTAL overall games which comes to

Played 600

Hearts 140

Hibs 112

Difference of 28 in nearly quadruple the games played of a dundee derby.

Percentage wise Dundee have a worse record than Hibernian. FACT.

Dundee Derby

Played 153

Dundee Utd 71

Dundee 45

Played 302

Hearts wins 130

Hibs 85

Difference 45

Played 600

Hearts 140

Hibs 112

Just off the top of my head dundee have won about 30% of their derby games compared to hibs winning just over 15% from the 600 games figures...................or have have lost my marbles

I'm not a statto so I've no idea whether those numbers are correct or not. But let's humour you by assuming they are. :whistling:

The problem with bare statistics is they fail to take reflect the impact of important factors such winning/non-losing streaks, humiliations (eg the 2006 semi-final), etc. Given the number of games played relative to its Dungdeh equivalent, I'd say Hearts derby record is still the best in the world. As any statistician knows, more observations equals more reliable conclusions. :thumbsup:

But even if I conceded on your stats - which I don't - those "important factors" I described above really do make Hearts derby record better than Dungdeh Hibernians or any other team in world football. I trust this clarifies matters and we shall have no more of your silliness on here. :thumbsup:

Dundee Derby

Played 153

Dundee Utd 71

Dundee 45

Played 302

Hearts wins 130

Hibs 85

Difference 45

Played 600

Hearts 140

Hibs 112

So apparently, there have been 348 draws in 600 derbies.

I really don't think so.

Where is our resident LondonHearts man to help prove this moron wrong?

Just off the top of my head dundee have won about 30% of their derby games compared to hibs winning just over 15% from the 600 games figures...................or have have lost my marbles

Based on games played Hearts have had more than double the games to win over hibs than dundee utd have had over dundee and have won less than double the amout dundee utd have over dundee. So Dundee Utd have a better derby record than Hearts, making the Dundee derby more one sided than the Edinburgh derby.

I'm not a statto so I've no idea whether those numbers are correct or not. But let's humour you by assuming they are. :whistling:

The problem with bare statistics is they fail to take reflect the impact of important factors such winning/non-losing streaks, humiliations (eg the 2006 semi-final), etc. Given the number of games played relative to its Dungdeh equivalent, I'd say Hearts derby record is still the best in the world. As any statistician knows, more observations equals more reliable conclusions. :thumbsup:

But even if I conceded on your stats - which I don't - those "important factors" I described above really do make Hearts derby record better than Dungdeh Hibernians or any other team in world football. I trust this clarifies matters and we shall have no more of your silliness on here. :thumbsup:

Way hey, the stats don't matter and it's now down to "important matter"

I trust this ends the myth of HMFC having the most one sided derby record in the world for good, when infact it's not even the most one sided in the Country. Let alone the London derbies for the UK.

Based on games played Hearts have had more than double the games to win over hibs than dundee utd have had over dundee and have won less than double the amout dundee utd have over dundee. So Dundee Utd have a better derby record than Hearts, making the Dundee derby more one sided than the Edinburgh derby.

Are my percentages correct based on the figures you've just dolled out? Yes.

Did you mention percentage of wins? Yes.

You're a slippery sort aren't you.

So apparently, there have been 348 draws in 600 derbies.

I really don't think so.

Where is our resident LondonHearts man to help prove this moron wrong?

No need for the name calling is there? I was asked to back my claim up with figures and links and have done just that.

Archived