Jump to content
Crete

Flags

Recommended Posts

Crete

Let’s have 30,000 Hearts flags waving about when the players come out for kickoff that would look an impressive display.

🇱🇻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smiler
1 minute ago, Crete said:

Let’s have 30,000 Hearts flags waving about when the players come out for kickoff that would look an impressive display.

🇱🇻

Will you settle for 29,999 'cos I'm not bringing one.

Let's just get a good old twirly going....

Edited by smiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo414

A tifo that reads "welcome to Gorgie" is the only thing I'll settle for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Crete said:

Let’s have 30,000 Hearts flags waving about when the players come out for kickoff that would look an impressive display.

🇱🇻

thought that debate was not allowed on here. anyway im out, too auld for that , ha ha keep mine for dalry road 

after we win it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
8 minutes ago, smiler said:

Will you settle for 29,999 'cos I'm not bringing one.

Let's just get a good old twirly going....

Agree with you here.

 

You cannae beat a twirly in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lambo85
12 minutes ago, smiler said:

Will you settle for 29,999 'cos I'm not bringing one.

Let's just get a good old twirly going....

 

This!

 

I cant be bothered with these "displays".

 

Reminds me of the so called "dispay" Hibs had at the cup final. What a shocker that was.

 

The good old fashioned twirly is the way to go.

 

Edited by Lambo85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forrest

Twirly all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo

#twirly

 

Although I do like seeing lots of flags aswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crete

Well let’s all get a twirly going instead .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiger

Is the "Big" flag getting an airing!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan

710ADAF9-C4F0-4C5D-BC3E-2DDAE24A12BF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lambo85

Na, na na na na na na
na na na na, JAMTARTS!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Agree with you here.

 

You cannae beat a twirly in my opinion.

Aye, 30000 of us, look amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalstonjambo
25 minutes ago, Crete said:

Let’s have 30,000 Hearts flags waving about when the players come out for kickoff that would look an impressive display.

🇱🇻

Won't there be a lot less people going after we lost to Rangers? Who will wave the flags in the thousands of empty seats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dallas Green

Agree with above. Loads of twirly action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

+1 for the Twirly. Canny beat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thought Police

Miss a spontaneous twirly during games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
communist

Twirly for sure.

 

Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22

Looking back at last seasons games at Murrayfield there’s no advertising at the top tier so let’s get as many flags draped over as we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

Would love us all to chip in and get  something like this one day with our Craig and one of berra would be class

JS112402461.jpg

100.jpeg

Edited by Bongo 1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the jambo poet

Let's twirl our flags!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox

Twirly decisions ....

 

Left hand or right hand??

Clockwise or anti-clockwise??

 

Have you good enough coordination to be able to do the ‘double twirly’?? Left & right hands together with one clockwise and the other anti-clockwise!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Different Class

Image result for hearts prague

 

Get them brought 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lsimp77

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Twirly decisions ....

 

Left hand or right hand??

Clockwise or anti-clockwise??

 

Have you good enough coordination to be able to do the ‘double twirly’?? Left & right hands together with one clockwise and the other anti-clockwise!!

Right hand, from east to west, your head facing north.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

 

 

Goosebumps watching that, and I was probably right in the middle of it :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crete
2 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

 

I'm getting emotional watching that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Right hand, from east to west, your head facing north.

I’ll need a bit more time to perfect that .....

F720A17E-2AF3-40C2-9EC8-3E341DD95EA0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4

Op overruled. 

 

Looks like it’ll be a twirly gig.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’ll need a bit more time to perfect that .....

F720A17E-2AF3-40C2-9EC8-3E341DD95EA0.jpeg

Ha Ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Op overruled. 

 

Looks like it’ll be a twirly gig.  

Used to a big thing in the 80s/90s but not so much now. I can’t recall when it started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Husky

How about the old fashioned rattles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Husky said:

How about the old fashioned rattles

Leave the rattling to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gordon simpson
25 minutes ago, Different Class said:

Image result for hearts prague

 

Get them brought 

that was at Sparta game we had the Greek flag for Takis  HHGH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smiler

The thing that pisses me off about the twirly is when the tube next to you can't get the rythym right, and there's a scarf collision. Knocks the wind right out you and you've got to start again, sooooooooooo annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HEARTS_1874
27 minutes ago, Different Class said:

Image result for hearts prague

 

Get them brought 

this on a larger scale would be impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4

I like the randomness instead of organised displays. 

 

I love all the flags dotted about the stadium as well as the singing, twirly etc....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
1 hour ago, smiler said:

Will you settle for 29,999 'cos I'm not bringing one.

Let's just get a good old twirly going....

 

 

It's the twirly for me!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
His name is

What about a big flag saying.

 

Welcome to Murrayfield, 2nd home of Heart of Midlothian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benny
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would love us all to chip in and get  something like this one day with our Craig and one of berra would be class

JS112402461.jpg

100.jpeg

We have a better one already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dannymack
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

 

This!

 

I cant be bothered with these "displays".

 

Reminds me of the so called "dispay" Hibs had at the cup final. What a shocker that was.

 

The good old fashioned twirly is the way to go.

 

Problem with their display was there was no white on the flags. 

Been to a few Chelsea Cup Finals and the always put the blue and white chequered flag out for the fans, as simple as it is that adds to a very colourful display. 

 

Maroon and White cheques all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboozy
1 hour ago, smiler said:

The thing that pisses me off about the twirly is when the tube next to you can't get the rythym right, and there's a scarf collision. Knocks the wind right out you and you've got to start again, sooooooooooo annoying.

Or when the guy next to you has not washed his scarf since 19oatcake, uuugh, just whyyyyy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
49 minutes ago, His name is said:

What about a big flag saying.

 

Welcome to Murrayfield, 2nd home of Heart of Midlothian 

 

Or a sign that says "Murrayfield is for us, the long grass is for you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Got to be a twirly, a good spontaneous twirlesome twirly.

 

When was the last good one? The last good, off the cuff, unorchestrated, nah.. nah... nah.. na.. na..na... na.. Jam Tarts twirly?

 

Nothing beats it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Herbert

Do you need to ask permission to hang a flag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smiler
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

 

 

It's the twirly for me!

 

 

You know it makes sense Col.

13 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Or when the guy next to you has not washed his scarf since 19oatcake, uuugh, just whyyyyy?

It's unlucky to wash it, is the usual answer!

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Got to be a twirly, a good spontaneous twirlesome twirly.

 

When was the last good one? The last good, off the cuff, unorchestrated, nah.. nah... nah.. na.. na..na... na.. Jam Tarts twirly?

 

Nothing beats it.

 

 

Not sure, probably the Hibs beasting, that was getting back to the way of the magic 80's ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
4 minutes ago, smiler said:

You know it makes sense Col.

It's unlucky to wash it, is the usual answer!

Not sure, probably the Hibs beasting, that was getting back to the way of the magic 80's ones.

 

Aye you're probably right. I was thinking late 80s or very early 90s.

 

One decent twirly in 25+ years. Needs rectifyin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smiler
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Aye you're probably right. I was thinking late 80s or very early 90s.

 

One decent twirly in 25+ years. Needs rectifyin'.

Building the stands killed it mate unfortunately, too many can't even be arsed singing never mind expend a wee bit of energy in creating a maroon and white whirlwind :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
letsalldothebeattie

What about a massive display that reads "A HOME SEMI FINAL"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambomuzz

People don’t take scarves to games as much anymore, which is why there is very rarely a decent twirly.

for the likes of a semi final you could probably bulk buy some cheap silk scarves or something that could be used as a one off or that. 

But I think if moving forward the people need encouragement to own and bring the scarf with them. Maybe the club could look at some kind of initiative to get people buying them. Or handouts to local schools or the likes..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×