Irony of Celtic fans accusing us of bigotry.....!

Tommy Walker

Hearts Against Racism
On 18/09/2018 at 14:57, Ron Burgundy said:

I'd suggest it has dwindled in recent years.

I would disagree.  I have noticed a marked upturn since the championship season. 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Alex Kintner

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Hearts Against Racism said:

How does one even join antifa?  If you're asking whether I mask up and smash Windows, no.  All we are is a group of hearts fans that have no time bigotry and racism.  That's it.    

You're barking up the wrong tree mate.

I've no idea how to join ANTIFA.

I'm a facist.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Hearts Against Racism
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You're barking up the wrong tree mate.

I've no idea how to join ANTIFA.

I'm a facist.

Governor Tarkin was a bit of a ******* tbh. 

I have seen this slogan ANTIFA on underpasses and the like but have no idea what it means so they are not getting their point across in any way.

Just to add I stopped reading or listening to the news about 6 years ago and my life is considerably happier 

2 hours ago, Hearts Against Racism said:

I would disagree.  I have noticed a marked upturn since the championship season. 

I’d be interested in finding out more about who you are and what your future plans are.

Can you start a thread laying out a bit of history, introduction, and aims. Cheers. ?

On 18/09/2018 at 12:03, HighTimes said:

Point is it's not people hiding behind social media - it's the fact you're suggesting that unless any poster actually confronts 30-40 neds at the time and tells them to shut up - and therefore risks a kicking - then they can't comment on the little ***** in our support. 

Sorry fof the confuson btw - I wasn't saying you should confront anyone, I was saying that you suggesting that if another poster is offended he should confornt a mob of bigoted ***** is unrealistic and a a bit daft.

Obviously it’s asking a bit much to ask one guy to confront them, but my understanding is that 99% of the Hearts support are appalled by the antics of this handful of neds.  It should be pretty easy to make your feelings known as a united group of fans, whether it’s a “quiet word” with the neds or chants aimed specifically at them. 

Question: if those same guys turned up at a Scotland away game and starting acting like England fans, what would happen? The Tartan Army would get it sorted in 5 minutes. 

So...why is it not possible for Hearts fans to sort it?

12 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I have seen this slogan ANTIFA on underpasses and the like but have no idea what it means so they are not getting their point across in any way.

Just to add I stopped reading or listening to the news about 6 years ago and my life is considerably happier 

Add cist onto it buddy and there you are.

Edited by Boab

15 minutes ago, Boab said:

Add cist onto it buddy and there you are.

Got it, are there really people out there who are not anti this? 

Cheers pal 

Geoff the Mince
2 hours ago, Hearts Against Racism said:

How does one even join antifa?  If you're asking whether I mask up and smash Windows, no.  All we are is a group of hearts fans that have no time bigotry and racism.  That's it.    

My concern with yourself is some of the choice language you used to Hearts supporters (on Twitter)

yet you used "brother" when engaging with a Celtic supporter .

14 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Got it, are there really people out there who are not anti this? 

Cheers pal 

Must be, buddy, if these hooded characters are here, there and everywhere.

Populist politics breed this as you know and there are some pretty disturbing gains going on in many European parliments. The AfD have 94 seats in Germany.

45 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Obviously it’s asking a bit much to ask one guy to confront them, but my understanding is that 99% of the Hearts support are appalled by the antics of this handful of neds.  It should be pretty easy to make your feelings known as a united group of fans, whether it’s a “quiet word” with the neds or chants aimed specifically at them. 

I’ll tread carefully here as I have no wish to insult you, but did you not say you were a ‘retired bigoted wee ned’ (paraphrasing obviously)?

This post of yours that I’ve quoted appears to be in complete agreement then with the sentiments behind ‘Hearts Against Racism’s group? You think there should be an organised group of Hearts supporters who tackle the bigoted neds head on?

1 hour ago, Bez said:

I’ll tread carefully here as I have no wish to insult you, but did you not say you were a ‘retired bigoted wee ned’ (paraphrasing obviously)?

This post of yours that I’ve quoted appears to be in complete agreement then with the sentiments behind ‘Hearts Against Racism’s group? You think there should be an organised group of Hearts supporters who tackle the bigoted neds head on?

That's one hell of a paraphrase! :lol:

To to answer your second paragraph, the answer is probably...yes. It's certainly going to be more effective than doing nothing other than talking about it on here. How organized can it be? I dunno, but those representing a more enlightened view hold a massive numerical advantage that should be used more "directly".

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's one hell of a paraphrase! :lol:

To to answer your second paragraph, the answer is probably...yes. It's certainly going to be more effective than doing nothing other than talking about it on here. How organized can it be? I dunno, but those representing a more enlightened view hold a massive numerical advantage that should be used more "directly".

Sorry, couldn’t remember your exact words. :) 

I think you have a point, to a certain degree. I’d probably speak out more often than I do if the the numbers were a bit more realistic.

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Lets get mob handed and take on Nookie B's old gang! :levein_interesting::D

(Sorry Nookie).

Come at me, snowflake :P

On 17/09/2018 at 19:12, maroonexile said:

I’m not seeking to condone that. It’s indefensible.

This group of young lads have galvanised our away support, and the players and gaffer are loving it. They’ve changed our support from being the most boring in the league to getting back where belong.

Some on JKB can’t handle their boring middle-age, middle class tedium being shattered.

I’m loving it.

On 17/09/2018 at 19:36, Frank1874 said:

Utter drivel. :rofl:

The atmosphere on Saturday was fantastic and by far the biggest factor in creating that is our start to the season and the connection between the players and fans.

On 17/09/2018 at 20:11, maroonexile said:

You’ve consistently called for the group that’s so evidently the catalyst behind this to be collectively penalised for the actions of individuals.

I wasn’t at the Raith game due to work so I can’t comment on that but prior to that the last two away games without the ‘Gorgie Boys’ group (that ‘young team’ patter is honking btw, not aimed specifically at you but what a howling description that is) were Cove and Killie, and I can’t recall a single song at either. They are the difference whether you like it or not Frank, and you’re trying to dispose of them. Feel free to debate any of the points raised.

On 17/09/2018 at 22:20, maroonexile said:

Can you explain CL’s comments after the Killie game? 

You looked an arse on the other thread mate when you claimed the atmosphere at our away games had always been great, and several posters who go most weeks openly rubbished your claim.

Keep telling yourself it’s not them if it makes you feel better, but as the weeks go on, JKB’s finest look less and less sure they have the stranglehold on Hearts fans’ opinions.

So was the atmosphere poor yesterday because of the poor performance on the pitch or because the young lads forgot their magic spell for “galvanising the support?” 

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

So was the atmosphere poor yesterday because of the poor performance on the pitch or because the young lads forgot their magic spell for “galvanising the support?” 

The quotes relate to away games. The young team can not be held responsible for the atmosphere at the Tynie Library. 

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The quotes relate to away games. The young team can not be held responsible for the atmosphere at the Tynie Library. 

Why not? Their singing section is in Tynecastle. Genuine question.

F79E512D-1D10-4CB1-A89C-0E16E8962544.jpeg

Edited by Bez

23 minutes ago, Bez said:

I agree with Nookie, Bez.

It's easier to get 2 or 3 thousand supporters up for a raucous sing song than 10K + at Tynie who won't.

That's not a criticism of the Tynecastle support because I think it's quite common at many clubs.

Away fans are on an away day jolly and are always up for it.

Good luck to the youngsters but on days when there is not much to shout about, they have no chance of getting an atmosphere started.

34 minutes ago, Bez said:

What can they do except create an atmosphere amongst themselves and hope others join in. 

Away supports are always better anyway -   Livingston being a good example today. 

17k fans turned up yesterday to watch a team with a 100% record, with a Head Coach back in the dugout after major surgery, with a number of popular players...and decided to sit there and moan or sit in silence. If that isn’t indicative of the modern day Hearts fan then I dont know what is. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

28 minutes ago, Boab said:

It's easier to get 2 or 3 thousand supporters up for a raucous sing song than 10K + at Tynie who won't.

That's not a criticism of the Tynecastle support because I think it's quite common at many clubs.

Good luck to the youngsters but on days when there is not much to shout about, they have no chance of getting an atmosphere started.

That was exactly my point. When we go to away games we’re up for it and sing and support the team regardless of whether there’s a handfull of wee laddies there with a drum or not. If the team is on a run like we are then the singing and support will be even more vigorous like it was last week. To credit it all to the laddies “galvanising” us like maroonexile suggested is a joke. 

The best thing going forward for the singing section would be to forget the idea of having a designated section and just get as many tickets as they can in section G or N and join in with the singing from there anyway. It’s not working having three separate areas where our main “singers” are.

38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What can they do except create an atmosphere amongst themselves and hope others join in. 

Away supports are always better anyway -   Livingston being a good example today. 

The claim was being made that the young team/SSO are responsible for the upturn in the atmosphere. Counter claim was made that it’s the team’s performances on the park, and nothing to do with them. 

Two onservations:

1) The atmosphere reflected the performance yesterday. So I think it’s fair to assume the same is true of the good performances/atmosphere.

2) The remit of the SSO was to “give Tynecastle a rocking atmosphere for games big and small”.

43 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don’t disagree with that part (away games are always livelier than home games), I think there is also another reason why the SSO make more noise at away games, and why that can’t translate to doing the same at Tynecastle. It’s connected to the different angle of the moaning about them depending on whether it’s a home or away game.

Home game moaning = Can barely hear them. Where are all the songs?

Away game moaning = Sectarianism, racism, unionist political agendas etc.

Edited by Bez

1 minute ago, Bez said:

The claim was being made that the young team/SSO are responsible for the upturn in the atmosphere. Counter claim was made that it’s the team’s performances on the park, and nothing to do with them. 

Two onservations:

1) The atmosphere reflected the performance yesterday. So I think it’s fair to assume the same is true of the good performances/atmosphere.

2) The remit of the SSO was to “give Tynecastle a rocking atmosphere for games big and small”.

I don’t disagree with that part. I think there is also another reason why the SSO make more noise at away games, and why that can’t translate to doing the same at Tynecastle. It’s connected to the different angle of the moaning about them depending on whether it’s a home or away game.

Home game moaning = Can barely hear them. Where are all the songs?

Away game moaning = Sectarianism, racism, unionist political agendas etc.

So in other words they have a different “squad” and songbook for away games than they do for home games?

8 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

So in other words they have a different “squad” and songbook for away games than they do for home games?

I think that’s a fair assumption. Doubt it’s the only reason though. 

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

You must have been chugging yourself into oblivion.

Unless you were trying to get behind the team?  :Aye:

6 hours ago, maroonexile said:

You must have been chugging yourself into oblivion.

Unless you were trying to get behind the team?  :Aye:

Oddest post I’ve seen for a long time.

49 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Oddest post I’ve seen for a long time.

Maybe want to avoid the ‘Tabloid’ thread then. ?

Celtic fans were absolutely vile today, the IRA chanting was relentless.

Scum, yet they wonder why everyone else hates them.

Edited by peter_hmfc

Just because some of their support dont think enough people died in the Ibrox disaster and not a murmur of condemnation came from their Board, doesn't mean they're sectarian.

What on earth is wrong with portraying Rangers people hanging during national suicide week and just days after Kris Boyd's brother took his own life.

Or celebrating the slaughter of Lee Rigby.

It's just all harmless banter, isn't it?

Or is it vile beyond credulity.

On 20/09/2018 at 07:51, The Treasurer said:

Doesn't make it acceptable though

And should make it easier to confront and easier to get rid of, surely?

24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ooh, what have I missed?

?

As per usual, Nookie; the point. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bez