Hearts keen on Jimmy Dunne

Killinman

Hasn’t played much senior football by looks of it, although did win League Two with Accrington while on loan last year. Decent promise if been with Man U and Burnley. Would be happy if this was second of centre halves but was expecting a bit more experience coming in to replace Berra. 

never heard of him but "Jimmy Dunne" sounds like a proper old school defender from the 60-70s or something. For that reason it sounds good to me!

1 minute ago, Tenor said:

I'm sure this lad is decent, but I would have hoped for more experience to replace Berra.

I reckon we may still look for a loan or short term option with more experience too as Levein said we are a little light defensively even before Berras injury

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I reckon we may still look for a loan or short term option with more experience too as Levein said we are a little light defensively even before Berras injury

I wonder who, an experienced LB come centre back.. 

5 minutes ago, Tenor said:

I'm sure this lad is decent, but I would have hoped for more experience to replace Berra.

The article this is from does say that Levein is looking for two CBs, so I'd assume the other would be a more experienced player. 

Here's a link to the article if you're interested:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3090082/hearts-jimmy-dunne-burnley-transfer-news-christophe-berra/

5 minutes ago, WoodenHertz said:

The article this is from does say that Levein is looking for two CBs, so I'd assume the other would be a more experienced player. 

Here's a link to the article if you're interested:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3090082/hearts-jimmy-dunne-burnley-transfer-news-christophe-berra/

Nice one. Cheers WH ?

Looking to bring in two centres acc to CL.  

Maybe fearing losing Soapy before the window closes?

Dunne and the rumour of McAuley may materialise and we’ll have Haring aswell. 

Even if Soapy stays Haring can remain in midfield.

I expect us to bring in experience to cover for Berra but if we are bringing in 2 then Dunne would be good with an eye on the medium term future.  

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

never heard of him but "Jimmy Dunne" sounds like a proper old school defender from the 60-70s or something. For that reason it sounds good to me!

Yep. Jimmy Dunne and Bobby Burns can propel us to the success we had in the 50s! :lol:

11 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Agree he sounds like a long term replacement for Souttar, not a short term fix for Berra.

Don't think it's a permanent transfer, a season long loan is what we are dicussing 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Looking to bring in two centres acc to CL.  

Maybe fearing losing Soapy before the window closes?

Dunne and the rumour of McAuley may materialise and we’ll have Haring aswell. 

Even if Soapy stays Haring can remain in midfield.

Sorry but the idea that someone  is going to buy Soapy when he is out for months is mad. Especially as the English window has closed

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but the idea that someone  is going to buy Soapy when he is out for months is mad. Especially as the English window has closed

The English window is a curious one this time. EFL clubs can still make loan deals.

Where it becomes more interesting, apparently its a bit of an open secret that some clubs will seek to loan a player until Jan 1 when they will make the deal permanent.

Not really a good time for us to sell Soapy, don't see it happening but I suppose it could, if someone was paying a hefty fee in January.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The English window is a curious one this time. EFL clubs can still make loan deals.

Where it becomes more interesting, apparently its a bit of an open secret that some clubs will seek to loan a player until Jan 1 when they will make the deal permanent.

Not really a good time for us to sell Soapy, don't see it happening but I suppose it could, if someone was paying a hefty fee in January.

Sorry, again, but that's even dafter. A club is going to take an injured player on loan till January then buy that same injured player?? All the time that player is under contract with Hearts. I suppose there is a tiny chance that some club could put an offer in for him in January but a loan till then????

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Is Soapy out for months?

I presume you mean Berra being out for months and thought that Soapy was the nickname for him.

Just now, XB52 said:

Sorry, again, but that's even dafter. A club is going to take an injured player on loan till January then buy that same injured player?? All the time that player is under contract with Hearts. I suppose there is a tiny chance that some club could put an offer in for him in January but a loan till then????

Soutar is not injured. You are definitely mistaking the players involved.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Agree he sounds like a long term replacement for Souttar, not a short term fix for Berra.

Levein made quite a few of these signings before: Maybury, McKenna, Webster. Nowhere near their team at Burnley and probably past that developing age at 20 I'm sure they'd be open to offers. 

Burnley fan at work says highly thought of after last season at Accrington. Can’t see the harm on a short-term basis for cover

5 hours ago, Killinman said:

According to the Scottish Sun we are looking at 20 year old Burnley defender Jimmy Dunne to cover for Beers/Hughes.

Him and a Fleetwood centre back.

I’d be surprised if Gareth McAuley or Martin Cranie weren’t the experienced ones we are looking at.

Jamboscanbevicius
2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’d be surprised if Gareth McAuley or Martin Cranie weren’t the experienced ones we are looking at.

Never heard of Martin Cranie until just now... he has a decent pedigree, though sounds like he is predominantly a RB.

I saw him at Accrington last season.

Decent Centre Half and ball winner. Played in L2 which is physical so will have toughened him up

Decent signing