Pars v Hearts Highlights

Sepp's Bladder

Sepp's Bladder
2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

How the **** did we win that :lol: got absolutely battered all game by the looks of it.

Couple of outstanding saves from bobby 

Need to carry a bit of luck when you're en route to winning a cup!

Looks like we really rode our luck and struggled to deal with long balls.

We're through though which is all that matters but work to be done!

14 minutes ago, Chaps said:

How the **** did we win that :lol: got absolutely battered all game by the looks of it.

Couple of outstanding saves from bobby 

No we weren't battered all game.  Played most of the 2nd half in Dunfermline's half.  64% possession according to the BBC, even if Bobby had the more saves.

However highlights (plural) is milking it a tad as they were compiled by ParsTV so would be biased.

Edited by Tasavallan

Bazzas right boot

Well in control, dominated, played well. 

Should have scored a few. 

Hearts were ok too. 

12 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

No we weren't battered all game.  Played most of the 2nd half in Dunfermline's half.  64% possession according to the BBC, even if Bobby had the more saves.

However highlights (plural) is milking it a tad as they were compiled by ParsTV so would be biased.

Can't think of anything they missed out from our perspective. We may have had more of the ball in their half but didn't really force their keeper into a save aside from Uche's early one. Bobby saves us from extra time or worse.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

64 percent possession tells a different story for those in attendance but Dunfermline played very very well and had a good game plan. 

First 20 and last 10 we were pinned back but the hour in between I thought we had the game managed without making the chances we have been 

maroonlegions
38 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Looks like we really rode our luck and struggled to deal with long balls.

We're through though which is all that matters but work to be done!

Missing Berra already.

Looks like we were pumped down the right hand side. Was that Morrisson who made a series of terrible decisions when 2 on 1? Why not play it first time to Naismith! 

A wins a win though. 

15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Missing Berra already.

We will more him more now than in 4-5 weeks.

The team will eventually settle into him not being there but those first few games they will no doubt be looking for him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Said it in another thread. Berra is out for the rest of the season effectively. Unfair on others to be criticised for his bad luck. 

We make the best of what we have 

Sepp's Bladder
43 minutes ago, viva hate said:

Looks like we were pumped down the right hand side. Was that Morrisson who made a series of terrible decisions when 2 on 1? Why not play it first time to Naismith! 

A wins a win though. 

or drive forward, or shoot as the keeper was way out.

Guess it comes down to inexperience. I'm sure the next time he's in that position he'll make a better choice

Hungry hippo
41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Said it in another thread. Berra is out for the rest of the season effectively. Unfair on others to be criticised for his bad luck. 

Why is he effectively out for the season?

avhudtheteeshirt

Can't believe that we are known as a big strong team, Dunfermline players looked a whole lot bigger all over the pitch!

They looked like a team who could come up at the end of this season!!!

9 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

'Effectively out for the rest of the season', maybe not literally but not coming back till February/March is the bulk of the season

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

6 months at least followed by a few more weeks to train get match fit not very much left to go. And it could be longer. Going by Leveins comments he is wanting someone for the season. 

If he's back earlier treat it as a bonus. 

Hungry hippo
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

6 months at least followed by a few more weeks to train get match fit not very much left to go. And it could be longer. Going by Leveins comments he is wanting someone for the season. 

The comeback date they give is when they estimate available for selection ie fully fit. 6 months from when announced brings us to Feb 14th and I guarantee Berra will be privately targeting playing  the first game after the winter break.

No one can ever know exactly when someone will come back but he'll be very very unlucky to miss much more than that with a hamstring injury so he should still play an important part in our season.

If he could make it back for after the winter break he would have missed 19 league games (if I've counted correctly) - exactly half the season.

Still a massive blow for our season and we need cover but I still expect him to make an important contribution.

Edited by Hungry hippo

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Out for the rest of the season? Have I missed further developments on his injury?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

The comeback date they give is when they estimate available for selection ie fully fit. 6 months from when announced brings us to Feb 14th and I guarantee Berra will be privately targeting playing  the first game after the winter break.

No one can ever know exactly when someone will come back but he'll be very very unlucky to miss much more than that with a hamstring injury so he should still play an important part in our season.

If he could make it back for after the winter break he would have missed 19 league games (if I've counted correctly) - exactly half the season.

Still a massive blow for our season and we need cover but I still expect him to make an important contribution.

I hope so too. But the injury appeared to be extreme for its type. 

We certainly have to think differently.  Season can not depend on whether he comes back February March or even at all

Sub4TiddlerMurray
49 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It's a hamstring tear rather than ligaments, so, I'll bet he's training again and back in half that time

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It's a hamstring tear rather than ligaments, so, I'll bet he's training again and back in half that time

I hope so too but we have to be prepared for the worst. Not to would be criminal 

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Gosh, you spotted that! 

Well done for being first!

Two minutes less on Hearts TV, slightly better balance.

PS When did a goalkeeper stop being a player? 

Bobby had three excellent saves and that's what he's in the team for and, it's not a matter of luck, it's ability!

Thought Police
3 hours ago, Cupar Jambo said:

Certainly missing Berra, fair to say Pars TV made it look we were never in the game

We never really created anything to be fair

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, viva hate said:

A wins a win though. 

I looked back at that a couple of times as it appeared to be the wrong decision but I think that Naismith was offside throughout the move. No forgiving the eventual pass, though. It was shocking.