• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• John Findlay

• Geoff the Mince

• ri Alban

The French. I’d forgotten the scale of their arrogant, smelly shitebag until I wished some twats from Toulouse well for the World Cup. 

3 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

Indians for me, probably a lot to do with their caste system. South Africans, Israelis,Nigerians and cockneys make up my top five.

I found India a pretty unpleasant place to backpack round. Aside from the noise and litter the amount of people trying to scam you is a couple of stepw above what I've encountered anywhere else.

Americans are by far the worst. If they're not mocking European terrorist attacks they're parading around thinking the whole world revolves around them.

This is BEFORE Trump came to power, they seem to have become a thousand times worse since.

Arseholes.

Edited by peter_hmfc

It's a close thing between Israeli's and South Africans. Other nations can be a bit annoying, or more accurately different to us, but they take the biscuit. Oddly both nations gave been brought up to believe they are better than other people. Of course that may be different with younger South Africans but it certainly used to be the case. 

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Of course that may be different with younger South Africans but it certainly used to be the case. 

I think it has improved quite a bit.

I've met some thoroughly pleasant South Africans over the past few years. Mainly in the 20's - 30's age group.

Go back 20 years and they all seemed to be *****.

I've had the displeasure of working with alot of nationalities, the worst are

Romanians, They come in moan about the price go away come back moan go away again come back a day later moan get seen and try to talk down the price again. 

Indians, they are so pernickety, they watch every move you make, moan about the price and nothing is ever perfect first time for them

Africans, the ones I've worked people from various places in Africa and with both back and white have all been extremely lazy, a couple have became quite aggressive when they are asked to do something. 

Americans, they love themselves, loud and talk absolute shit

Australians are like Americans but with nippy accents 

British, either scum or snobs I'm the only decent one. 

Actually I hate everyone just so it's fair and not racist or xenophobic. 

rudi must stay

Colombians. Happiest nation in the world because they generally don't care about anything or anyone and think they're special coming from Colombia

18 hours ago, Morgan said:

For me, it’s the Italians.

Honorary mentions to the English, the French and the Germans.

Never had any issues with Germans but that's because I overlooked just about everything trying to get into the one that I knew. Same goes for French, I've always found the ones I've worked with to be fairly polite...but for obvious reasons, I'll take your word.

Italians though, don't get me started..:muggy:

17 hours ago, Locky said:

Based on toursits in Edinburgh, asians (japanese, Chinese mainly) are a pain. They've absolutely no self awareness.

I'd completely disagree regarding people from Japan, after visiting Japan I found them to be extremely helpful, friendly and courteous.

For me, if forced to choose it would have to be people Israel (men specifically)...although I don't like the concept of the thread to be fair, as you can't generalise a nationality (as every single one on Earth will have unlikeable people).

Edited by Deviskan

Dagger Is Back

There are annoying folks of all nationalities and Scots can be among the worst especially when drink is involved. However, in keeping with the thread.

South Africans - opinionated, boorish, know it alls. Condescending, arrogant and loud

Mexicans - like an earlier poster, encounter a fair few in Florida. Fat, smelly, no manners and no concept of queuing. Always bloody eating too stuffing food that is too big even for their cavernous gobs, down their throats

Edited by Dagger Is Back

My own personal list would have to be Italians, Americans, Israelis, and the English anywhere South of Yorkshire.

In my teens I would've said poles but all the ones I've worked with over the last 5 years or so have been great folk 

Oh, and not to forget the Scottish, anyone from the borders, Glasgow or the so called more affluent areas of Edinburgh can get the furthest to **** imo

34 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I'd completely disagree regarding people from Japan, after visiting Japan I found them to be extremely helpful, friendly and courteous.

For me, if forced to choose it would have to be people Israel (men specifically)...although I don't like the concept of the thread to be fair, as you can't generalise a nationality (as every single one on Earth will have unlikeable people).

I helped an Israeli couple few weeks ago at work and they weren't the most courteous that's for sure.

But I agree, I wouldn't generally want to tar a nation with the same brush. A lot of the time too, people from these countries don't realise their behaviours are a problem outwith their countries as its just part of the culture.

Aussie blokes are annoying, arrogant and generally kings of dickheadedness. That and every second word is the C bomb. C bomb this and c bomb that. Its just not clever to put that many in general conversation.

John Gentleman
12 hours ago, Rousset1 said:

The Chinese. Spatial awareness and a strange smell.

We are what we eat. To the Chinese, we (ethnic north Europeans) smell like sour milk.........so I'm told. :)

The sweeping generalisations on this thread are amazing.

My top 5 then

Estonians

Welsh

Geordies

South africans

Argentinians

All worth avoiding wherever you may be, scumbags to a man, woman and child.

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

It's a close thing between Israeli's and South Africans. Other nations can be a bit annoying, or more accurately different to us, but they take the biscuit. Oddly both nations gave been brought up to believe they are better than other people. Of course that may be different with younger South Africans but it certainly used to be the case. 

Do you mean all South Africans or just white South Africans? Or just white Africaners?  If it's the latter two you have a point.

British immigrants to the Spanish costas (ex pats as they call themselves) generally take some beati g.

I was chatting to a New Zealander last night and asked him which countries they liked beating at rugby.

In order it was

England

South Africa

Australia

I could see his point!

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

The sweeping generalisations on this thread are amazing.

My top 5 then

Estonians

Welsh

Geordies

South africans

Argentinians

All worth avoiding wherever you may be, scumbags to a man, woman and child.

Estonians are lazy;  what about scousers?  Thieving tramps!  

2 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Never had any issues with Germans but that's because I overlooked just about everything trying to get into the one that I knew. Same goes for French, I've always found the ones I've worked with to be fairly polite...but for obvious reasons, I'll take your word.

Italians though, don't get me started..:muggy:

To be fair to you Thommo, a lot of our French friends (and our close neighbours) are actually fine. And, as you say, they are invariably polite. Up to a point :lol: 

Italians :vangry:

20 hours ago, Locky said:

Based on toursits in Edinburgh, asians (japanese, Chinese mainly) are a pain. They've absolutely no self awareness.

Spot on.

21 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The most arrogant I've ever encountered were a group of South Africans clicking their fingers at a black waitress at a restaurant in Mauritius every time they wanted a drink. Rude as ****, almost made me ashamed to be white, makes me cringe thinking about it. 

I find the SA accent obnoxious. 

Probably not their fault but that’s how it sounds.

3 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Aussie blokes are annoying, arrogant and generally kings of dickheadedness. That and every second word is the C bomb. C bomb this and c bomb that. Its just not clever to put that many in general conversation.

Worked beside a lot of Aussies in the building trade and most have been sound.

What I find though is they can’t take the wind-up/piss taking culture we have.  It’s in those moments they become a bit up themselves.  As if to be too good for it. 

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I find the SA accent obnoxious. 

Probably not their fault but that’s how it sounds.

If we are moving onto accents, here’s my worst five:

Australia/New Zealand

Irish

Italian

South African

Russian

21 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Scotch, Catalans, Russians.

The Scotch because they think they're special or different when in fact they're a peely-wally, undernourished, undereducated shower of louts under the spell of a nippy cu**

The Catalans for having it all and still wanting to feck about, including turning down the chance to be native speakers of the second most-spoken language in the world, all because of sanctimony.

The Russians because they think they're somebody and, well, naw. O

Ftfy.. ??

Always worry about these kind of topics on here as I don't ever want to say something too offensive (although I like a wee bit offensive).

I find Kiwis quite annoying

I have met very few nice South africans

Russians are the rudest

Aussies need brought down a peg or two

And the Welsh think more of themsleves than they should but they are fellow Brits at the end of the day so no beef.

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

If we are moving onto accents, here’s my worst five:

Australia/New Zealand

Irish

Italian

South African

Russian

The Yorkshire accent is annoying , always sounds like they have been having fun with the farm animals .

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 hours ago, Morgan said:

Still sticking with Italians.

Arrogant, scummy nation.

Got a parking ticket from those ***** yesterday, a year after I used a hire car there.

so yes, the Italians 

6 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

My own personal list would have to be Italians, Americans, Israelis, and the English anywhere South of Yorkshire.

In my teens I would've said poles but all the ones I've worked with over the last 5 years or so have been great folk 

Oh, and not to forget the Scottish, anyone from the borders, Glasgow or the so called more affluent areas of Edinburgh can get the furthest to **** imo

I would still say the Polish are the most arrogant people I have ever met. Perhaps it is because I spend so much time at work/ at home with them, but to me it always seems to be 'The Polish way is the correct way'

13 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

The Yorkshire accent is annoying , always sounds like they have been having fun with the farm animals .

:lol: 

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Got a parking ticket from those ***** yesterday, a year after I used a hire car there.

so yes, the Italians 

Where are you?

The French, arrogant tossers. Didn't realise that about them until the last decade. I can see them from Pluto, looking down their noses as if there's a bad smell about. and what for, they are **** all.

35 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I used to go out with a girl with a broad Yorkshire accent. Fair to say it isn’t the best for talk during sex. “Ooh, do that agin it feels reet good”

On 16/08/2018 at 16:09, John Findlay said:

I'm not going to say a nationality. I'm going to narrow it down a bit.

People from Yorkshire both male and female. Young and old.

Same for me too.

I've done a fair bit of travelling and met my share of different nationalities.

Generally speaking, people are sound, but all countries have their share of assholes.

My experience is that if you're in their country they're fine.  It's the tourists from those countries that need to get a grip.

South Africans in South Africa are fine - friendly, chatty and helpful, no matter if they’re white, black or whatever.  (They hate Nigerians though and have a good laugh at Zimbabwe)

I’ve been to France loads of times and have only once had merde service (from a barman) with an attitude.  Even in Paris people have been fine.  I think we forget, or don’t realise how formal the French are - they think we are hugely rude for not saying ‘bonjour’ going into a shop or prior to any transaction, it maybe also helps that I can speak a bit of French - but everyone can learn some pleasantries if they try.

Americans, especially on the coasts, are great.  Friendly, open, helpful.

I’ve been lucky enough to do a fair bit of travelling and rarely, rarely, had a bad experience.  More than once I’ve apologised to visitors to this country when I’ve seen how they’ve been treated or spoken to by us salt-of-the-Earth Scots.

Favourite people - The Greeks.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I used to go out with a girl with a broad Yorkshire accent. Fair to say it isn’t the best for talk during sex. “Ooh, do that agin it feels reet good”

Why did you say that to her?

And, what was she doing to you that felt so good?

:whistling: