I am a fully paid up member of the goalkeeping fraternity

John Findlay

John Findlay

But they are an untouchable species in today's game.

Raith keeper got away with two today.

First one he lost the ball by simply dropping it.

Second one. He flew into his own player and Berra put it in off his face/forehead.

Perfectly good goal. Raith keeper made two fau  paxs and with very poor officiating got away with them.

Shocking officiating.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Second one. He flew into his own player and Berra put it in off his face/forehead.

Perfectly good goal. Raith keeper made two fau  paxs and with very poor officiating got away with them.

Shocking officiating.

Not only cost us 3 points but it cost me 50 quid on my bet as well.

**** ?

Have to agree there were games when I was play that I came off with black eyes and bust noses and never got a free kick during the collisions.

Never ever got a free kick awarded either for a black eye or burst nose or being taken out by one of my back line tbf and would never have expected one.  As long as the opposing player came off worse, job done..

By all accounts Hearts were sheiieiteee today, wasn't there so cannot really comment on the game. Won't be the last time though I am sure that a  legitimate goal gets unfairly chopped off in the coming season, officials are not up to task.. FTGFA

:levein_interesting:

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Shocking officiating.

Did you ever play ships goalie John?

3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Chalking off Berra's was a pile of pish.

A big pile.

How quick was the ref to blow up?  It was like he already decided before the corner came in.

And people wonder why players and managers lose it with refs?  Especially in bigger, more pressured matches.

Kirky Jambo

It’s an absolute farce how much referees get paid these days. Particularly when they are capable of such mistakes as today’s. Yet there will be barely any acknowledgement or punishment. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Did you ever play ships goalie John?

Aye. For Intrepid(won the Maxi cup in 1982), Fife. Got to Semi Final of Navy cup with her. Losing out to Nelson in the Semi. That was 1985. Andromeda 87-90. Didn't  do alot on her as did three deployments out to the Gulf on her as the Charybidis was Donald Ducked.

Played in goal for HMS Mercury too. Highlight playing Portsmouth in a pre-season  friendly when Alan Ball was the manager and a certain Mark Hateley scored two with his head as they beat us 3-2. Hateley was superb in the air.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

A big pile.

How quick was the ref to blow up?  It was like he already decided before the corner came in.

And people wonder why players and managers lose it with refs?  Especially in bigger, more pressured matches.

6 substitutions, 2 goals, 2 physio  treatments, countless time-wasting stunts by their keeper yet only 3 minutes stoppage time in second half says it all. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Aye. For Intrepid(won the Maxi cup in 1982), Fife. Got to Semi Final of Navy cup with her. Losing out to Nelson in the Semi. That was 1985. Andromeda 87-90. Didn't  do alot on her as did three deployments out to the Gulf on her as the Charybidis was Donald Ducked.

Played in goal for HMS Mercury too. Highlight playing Portsmouth in a pre-season  friendly when Alan Ball was the manager and a certain Mark Hateley scored two with his head as they beat us 3-2. Hateley was superb in the air.

Impressive Chief

You're right John. I appreciate that goalies to deserve some benefit of the doubt, but given that they're able to reach for it with their hands rather than head a ball, one can't help but think they shouldn't get as much as they do.

If a goalkeeper can't match the aerial prowess or strength of another player, maybe being a keeper ain't for them.

John Findlay
6 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Impressive Chief

It is but I was just very lucky.m

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Locky said:

You're right John. I appreciate that goalies to deserve some benefit of the doubt, but given that they're able to reach for it with their hands rather than head a ball, one can't help but think they shouldn't get as much as they do.

If a goalkeeper can't match the aerial prowess or strength of another player, maybe being a keeper ain't for them.

That Faith keeper today was the Cowdenbeath keeper when we put 10 past them.

The Internet

It's ridiculous. If a keeper comes for a cross and doesn't get it, 9 times out of 10 they get a free kick whether they're fouled or not. It's not a new thing either it's been going on for years. 

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Chalking off Berra's was a pile of pish.

The standard of scottish refs is a joke, just another one of many mistakes.

Are the top ones not on about 1000 pounds a game, sure that was a few years back as well:mellow:.

Edited by Harry Potter

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

-insert any Scottish referee-

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

Enough said

Ftfy

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

That Faith keeper today was the Cowdenbeath keeper when we put 10 past them.

I’m fairly certain that most of our goals went to the same side in that game and that the players were instructed to do so. 

These sorts of games where we miss someone like Zeefuik imo - always got his shots away early and accurate. 

Jambo 4 Ever
51 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’m fairly certain that most of our goals went to the same side in that game and that the players were instructed to do so. 

These sorts of games where we miss someone like Zeefuik imo - always got his shots away early and accurate. 

Think we should sign zeefuik again 

15 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Think we should sign zeefuik again 

He’s been without a club since July 2017 - I’ll pass.