Zlamal during the shootout

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Absolute wind-up merchant with their players, I reckon he was a big part of winning it.

I love him.

tartofmidlothian
15 minutes ago, redm said:

Saw a few people mention this on Twitter but was wrestling with a grumpy toddler at the time. What was he doing? 

It was the first in particular, going up to the guy, putting his hand on his shoulder, giving him what looked like a "you can do it mate" chat. Then when the boy scored and gave him the stare he gave him a big smile and a thumbs up.

The ref kept having a word with him, but it looked like he was trying to say something to their players where he could and just generally being a bit batshit. Their fans weren't liking it.

Seems a proper character. Shame he's only going to be a back up though :(

Hope the Irish guy is as nuts... forward rolls in the warm up please

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Think I found the ball that went over the bar when I got home to Kirkcaldy

:lol:

That was the light relief we all needed by that point.

3 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Will sell the jerseys at some point.

Erratic.

Not what I want in a keeper.

Agreed. 

grumpy rebus
1 hour ago, El Diez said:

Erratic.

Reminded me a bit of Henry Smith. Likely to make the great saves but capable of the odd ****-up. 

2 hours ago, El Diez said:

Erratic.

Thought he wanted to be too involved with our defenders when playing the ball out.

I like confidence in a keeper, but it's got to be tempered with a touch of realism, especially when building moves from the back.

Perhaps needs to be told to just give it to one of our guys who are better equipped to do just that.

38 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

He was a bomb scare. I’d expect Doyle to be in net on Tuesday.

Based on absolutely nothing.  Didn't make a single mistake

Famous 1874
1 minute ago, Diego10 said:

Hesitated numerous times when kicking the ball. Made some nervy clearances and should have came for a few crosses. 

To the tune of the never ending story....

he’s my favourite goalie, zlmamaaa aah aah ah ah aaah ah al.

Of course this is just a joke as his name is similar to the guy that sang the original. One of the worst song ideas imaginable but thought it was quite amusing!

Maroon Sailor

Not too sure about him - seems a bit of a head case.

Think I heard Souttar telling him to shut up the other night as he kept yelling man on, man on which Souttar was aware of and in control of

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, El Diez said:

Erratic.

Agreed. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

That's the thing about bombs ares... 

All's OK then BOOOOMmm. 

I like a steady, controlled character in goals

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, redm said:

Saw a few people mention this on Twitter but was wrestling with a grumpy toddler at the time. What was he doing? 

If you imagine trying to wrestle with an imaginary grumpy  toddler between the goalposts that would be pretty close to it

gashauskis9

Saw nothing today that would suggest he’s anything other than solid, confident and assured.  The only shots he had to deal with today were the atrocious pass backs he was constantly sold from Berra and Souttar.

Folk calling him a bombscare ?.

Thought he did alright.

Perhaps different seeing him in person compared to the telly though.

Doyle sounds like the proper number 1, shame he is licking the arse of the Glasgow mafia already though

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Think I found the ball that went over the bar when I got home to Kirkcaldy

Pretty sure it landed in my garden in Elgin :)

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Seems a proper character. Shame he's only going to be a back up though :(

Is he?

I thought he was going to be first choice keeper this season.

19 minutes ago, kila said:

Thought he did alright.

Perhaps different seeing him in person compared to the telly though.

Doyle sounds like the proper number 1, shame he is licking the arse of the Glasgow mafia already though

Any links to prove that ?

3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

It was the first in particular, going up to the guy, putting his hand on his shoulder, giving him what looked like a "you can do it mate" chat. Then when the boy scored and gave him the stare he gave him a big smile and a thumbs up.

The ref kept having a word with him, but it looked like he was trying to say something to their players where he could and just generally being a bit batshit. Their fans weren't liking it.

43 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If you imagine trying to wrestle with an imaginary grumpy  toddler between the goalposts that would be pretty close to it

I hope I don’t regret saying this but I like the sound of his brand of nonsense. A slightly nuts keeper could be a really great thing. Or a bad one, I suppose. We’ll just have to wait and see. :biggrin: 

If he’s managing great performances he’ll get away with it and he’ll be loved for it. If not, he won’t. 

Based on what I saw today including warm-up Zlamal looks like an accident waiting to happen. Decision-making dodgy. 

Doyle is big and looks a great shot-stopper. 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not too sure about him - seems a bit of a head case.

Think I heard Souttar telling him to shut up the other night as he kept yelling man on, man on which Souttar was aware of and in control of

I heard this too, thought Souttar seemed a bit pissed off with him. I’m sure he told him to calm down as well.

gashauskis9
36 minutes ago, Zaba said:

I heard this too, thought Souttar seemed a bit pissed off with him. I’m sure he told him to calm down as well.

To be fair, Souttar needs shouted at more. 

18 minutes ago, old school tie said:

He reminds me of Tepi Moilanen. The Celtic loving Doyle will be our number one!

Celtic loving?

Not this crap already about a new player :facepalm: 

Adam_the_legend
24 minutes ago, old school tie said:

He reminds me of Tepi Moilanen. The Celtic loving Doyle will be our number one!

Jesus, he enjoyed playing in a testimonial in front of 50,000, get the firing squad ready. Faceplalm indeed

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Celtic loving?

Not this crap already about a new player :facepalm: 

That's the second poster to say something like that.

None of them gave backed it up with facts though.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Dug? It’s undoubtably to do with his name which,  ridiculously, causes ire on here. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

To be fair, Souttar needs shouted at more. 

Exactly, the boy and some other folk think he’s a world beater. He has a hell of a lot to learn, still waiting on him doing anything with the ball when he strides forward with it. No wonder teams let him and Berra have possession of the ball.

PhoenixHearts

Is nobody going to mention his decent display in the shootout? He got a hand to absolutely everything besides the one Raith blasted over. Fair enough, he didn't save them all, but the fact he managed to reach them at all shows he's probably quite a good reader of the shooter, and he's got great anticipation and reaction. Good length too. Reckon he's good for a few penalty saves this season. Think spot kicks awarded against us this season won't be as foregone a conclusion as I usually feel they are.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Diego10 said:

I sort of know where he's coming from. There seems to be something about him that say's nutter! May a bit like Bruce Grobblaer. I think he'll do okay though. From the clips on Doyle's thread he looks a more conventional goalie and may end up our No.1.

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Based on what I saw today including warm-up Zlamal looks like an accident waiting to happen. Decision-making dodgy. 

Doyle is big and looks a great shot-stopper. 

You include the warm up as part of your decision? 

Zlamal did did nothing wrong today so maybe we need to let him make the accident before we hang him.

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Is nobody going to mention his decent display in the shootout? He got a hand to absolutely everything besides the one Raith blasted over. Fair enough, he didn't save them all, but the fact he managed to reach them at all shows he's probably quite a good reader of the shooter, and he's got great anticipation and reaction. Good length too. Reckon he's good for a few penalty saves this season. Think spot kicks awarded against us this season won't be as foregone a conclusion as I usually feel they are.

I agree.

BackOfTheNet
11 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Saw nothing today that would suggest he’s anything other than solid, confident and assured.  The only shots he had to deal with today were the atrocious pass backs he was constantly sold from Berra and Souttar.

Folk calling him a bombscare ?.

This

BackOfTheNet

And this

10 hours ago, luckydug said:

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Dug? It’s undoubtably to do with his name which,  ridiculously, causes ire on here. 

“Ireland played Celtic in Scott Brown’s testimonial and it was the first time I had been to Celtic Park to play – I’m certainly looking forward to going back.

“It was a fantastic atmosphere, electric really because he has done so well for Celtic over the years.

“It felt like a testimonial game as the tempo was a bit down because they played the Scottish Cup final the day before, so they were probably still half-cut.

“I played about 60 minutes and it was a good experience.

“I’m excited about the prospect of going back to a ground like that for a proper league game."

"Proper league game"... lol come on, he isn't exactly talking up Hearts is he! Of course it is quotes from the S*n so it'll be selective quoting to get a story out of it, but still.

35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You include the warm up as part of your decision? 

Zlamal did did nothing wrong today so maybe we need to let him make the accident before we hang him.

Wasn’t a decision just an opinion.wasnt a hanging either.  Just didn’t fill me with confidence and I got the impression Berra an£ Souter had similar thoughts. Time will tell re Bobby. Doyle was getting applause from some of the players for a couple of his stops in the warm-up. Doyle will, IMO , be first choice before end of August   

Stronger wrist and he would have saved at least one other pen yesterday