Attack in Toronto

jambo1961

Brilliant. **** nuggets everywhere have realised you don't need guns or knives to go on a killing spree. Just a transit van. Hopefully the dipshit falls down the stairs when being taken to his cell. 

1 minute ago, grumpyjambo said:

Could be accidental, lets wait and see if it is an attack.

If it was, the guy's an absolute shite bag for leaving the scene. 

grumpyjambo
Just now, Normthebarman said:

True, but let the police decide if it was an attack.

30 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

what if he has had say a stroke or something that he doesn't know where he is?

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what if he has had say a stroke or something that he doesn't know where he is?

I'd have thought it would be difficult to have a stroke and then drive away but I'll admit I'm no doctor. 

12 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I'd have thought it would be difficult to have a stroke and then drive away but I'll admit I'm no doctor. 

:lol:

Whilst pointing a gun at the police.

4 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Depends what he was stroking.

4 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

i was only suggesting a possible cause, but change stroke to head injury 

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

Brilliant. **** nuggets everywhere have realised you don't need guns or knives to go on a killing spree. Just a transit van. Hopefully the dipshit falls down the stairs when being taken to his cell. 

This is what is now encouraged amongst the terror groups these days unfortunately . You don’t need an explosion to cause mass panic and mass death . Just some nut in an artic/van/car and a crowded place . 

Watched some TV coverage, the guy makes two moves like he is drawing a weapon from a holster, and armed policeman in his stance with weapon aimed does not fire when the guy points something at him.  He is being praised for his consideration, and it took some nerve, but I think he should have killed the guy, all the evidence was there for justified use, if it had been in the States they would have under those circumstances get a crane to lift his body, as normal men would not have been able to lift him with the amount of lead that was in him.

On a wee aside, our Grandaughter is at Totonto University, and walks in these areas a lot.  As a good responsible Grandad I texted and asked her if she was O.K she replied fine, how are you, I responded also fine but was a bit worried about the van incident, she replied what van, what incident, I gave up, jeez young people nowadays.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

From the videos I have seen of the arrest the guy appears to be white. Hard to tell though.

As my dear old gran used to say about my Auntie who became a catholic to get married, "there's no fanatic like a convert"

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

As my dear old gran used to say about my Auntie who became a catholic to get married, "there's no fanatic like a convert"

Very possibly.

He seems to be wanting the police to shoot him. Pretends to have a gun and repeatedly points it at the police. If it was in the US then he would have been done for.

56 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

MSM back on full ISIS, Daesch, jihad narrative now after their 2 recent bungles. 

No where in the msm does it mention anything of the sort. 

Edited by GBJambo

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

No where in the msm does it mention anything of the sort. 

They were alluding it on Sky a wee bit when I came in around 7pm after 12 hours  work. Maybe you missed it? 

A bit weird this has happened now given recent “stories” that have been pretty much debunked. 

The Culture of Fear (google it) still exists. They love it. 

shaun.lawson

Absolutely appalling. Those poor, poor people. Their poor, poor families too. :(

There will, of course, now be round the clock, second-by-second coverage across 24/7 news. There'll be the same slow motion footage playing in the corner of your screens round and round. There'll be TV crews interviewing neighbours of the attacker saying "we had no idea. He was so quiet". There'll be biographical profiles of the attacker, and attempts at cod psychology of why he did it: all with creepy music playing in the background to accompany dark, grainy, soft focus images. 

And above all, there'll be absolute, wanton ignorance of the proven fact that the more the mass media obsesses about lone wolf terrorist attacks, the more likely it is for someone to emulate it. Which given such attacks chill the blood like nothing else and hence, drive ratings, is perhaps the reason so much of the media covers these atrocities in such a way. 

The purpose of terrorism is to terrorise. The purpose of our media is, it would seem, to perpetuate that terror by sensationalising and even glamourising it as much as it possibly can.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Absolutely appalling. Those poor, poor people. Their poor, poor families too. :(

There will, of course, now be round the clock, second-by-second coverage across 24/7 news. There'll be the same slow motion footage playing in the corner of your screens round and round. There'll be TV crews interviewing neighbours of the attacker saying "we had no idea. He was so quiet". There'll be biographical profiles of the attacker, and attempts at cod psychology of why he did it.

And above all, there'll be absolute, wanton ignorance of the proven fact that the more the mass media obsesses about lone wolf terrorist attacks, the more likely it is for someone to emulate it. Which given such attacks chill the blood like nothing else and hence, drive ratings, is perhaps the reason so much of the media covers these atrocities in such a way.

You mean news is entertainment now and sells advertising space? Like Sky? 

That sort of news? 

Apart from the BBC, which of course has been completely impartial for its entire lifetime and they’ll chuck you in the clink if you don’t pay 140 odd sovs a year for the privilege ?

Bridge of Djoum
45 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

They were alluding it on Sky a wee bit when I came in around 7pm after 12 hours  work. Maybe you missed it? 

A bit weird this has happened now given recent “stories” that have been pretty much debunked. 

The Culture of Fear (google it) still exists. They love it. 

But you said, ''MSM back on full ISIS, Daesch, jihad narrative now after their 2 recent bungles''.

Now you're saying ''on Sky a wee bit''.

Is it full on or just a wee bit?

:huh:

Bridge of Djoum
31 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You mean news is entertainment now and sells advertising space? Like Sky? 

That sort of news? 

Apart from the BBC, which of course has been completely impartial for its entire lifetime and they’ll chuck you in the clink if you don’t pay 140 odd sovs a year for the privilege ?

Probably a made up event, right?

Just like Sandy Hook, right?

1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Is it full on or just a wee bit?

Someone's being a wee bit full on, methinks.  :whistling:

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Someone's being a wee bit full on, methinks.  :whistling:

We have a fool on!:ninja:

The suspect has been identified as Alek Minnasian, no ethnic background mentioned. The Canadian news coverage I have watched has been quite responsible, have been told that the investigation will be thorough, multi organisation investigation, Toronto |Police, RCMP, and CSIS the Canadian intelligence agency.  I watched a little of CNN and MSNBC, they basically used Canadian reports, I watched some about a half hour ago CNN were discussing US related matters and MSNBC were discussing if Trump has nothing to hide why woulod he have any concern or interest in whether or not Cohen flips.

Shaun to your point with which I have no disagreement but the media are condemned if they say too much, are too graphic, and are again condemned and lose viewers if they do not do those things.  I suspect we the public with our demands are as responsible as the media directors.

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I suspect we the public with our demands are as responsible as the media directors

That's spot on, and very well said. We get the media (and the politicians, and the leaders) we deserve.

4 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

The suspect has been identified as Alek Minnasian, no ethnic background mentioned.

His surname sounds like it's Armenian, though of itself that means nothing.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

That's spot on, and very well said. We get the media (and the politicians, and the leaders) we deserve.

Yep, fully agree.

9 dead, 16 injured, several of them critically.  All innocent people mowed down as they walked along the sidewalk on a lovely spring day.

The driver of the van begged police to shoot him prior to allowing himself to be arrested.  He looked like he was holding a gun, but it might have been fake.  Apparantly he is a college student.  No-one is even speculating on a motive at this point.

Toronto is a multicultural city, with a very low crime rate.  It's considered to be one of the safest cities in North America.  Madness.

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

9 dead, 16 injured, several of them critically.  All innocent people mowed down as they walked along the sidewalk on a lovely spring day.

The driver of the van begged police to shoot him prior to allowing himself to be arrested.  He looked like he was holding a gun, but it might have been fake.  Apparantly he is a college student.  No-one is even speculating on a motive at this point.

Toronto is a multicultural city, with a very low crime rate.  It's considered to be one of the safest cities in North America.  Madness.

News is saturated with this news of this new prince over here, make of that what you will. Isn’t it funny how tv works. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

News is saturated with this news of this new prince over here, make of that what you will. Isn’t it funny how tv works. 

If one of your sources is Alex Jones, yes. Yes it is.

Space Mackerel
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

If one of your sources is Alex Jones, yes. Yes it is.

Alex Jones is a righty, am a lefty. But you knew that eh. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Alex Jones is a righty, am a lefty. But you knew that eh. 

Don't play dumb. You shared the view he is now being sued for. 

Space Mackerel

Don't play dumb. You shared the view he is now being sued for. 

Dumb? I’ll listen to anyone, even you. Then make my own decisions. 

Are you admitting to being boxed in to a certain narrative? 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Dumb? I’ll listen to anyone, even you. Then make my own decisions. 

Are you admitting to being boxed in to a certain narrative? 

Don't start this pish again.

Was SH a hoax?

Space Mackerel

Don't start this pish again.

Was SH a hoax?

As ive said, make your own mind up. 

You can only lead a horse to water, not make it drink. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

As ive said, make your own mind up. 

You can only lead a horse to water, not make it drink. 

Cowardly reply.

You started with zero credibility, you've somehow managed to drop. Maybe best you sit this one out.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Cowardly reply.

You started with zero credibility, you've somehow managed to drop. Maybe best you sit this one out.

Yep, you’ve got me, any chance of a photie of your train ticket now? ?

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Yep, you’ve got me, any chance of a photie of your train ticket now? ?

Uh, different guy. Do keep up.

Space Mackerel

Uh, different guy. Do keep up.

Ive better things to do ?

Anyway, back to crazy white jihadists madmen running over people, that’s what this threads about.