Who should we support in the World Cup?

LesJambes

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pauli-Pauli

First post.

My dad was Scottish and I grew up in Germany with my mum so it's Germany all the way for me.

Anyone but England, zero interest in the EPL either before someone says I probably support and English team 

LochcarronJambo
6 minutes ago, Braminho said:

Anyone but England, zero interest in the EPL either before someone says I probably support and English team 

Me absolutely the same 

52 minutes ago, Locky said:

Lies.

Half the people saying anyone but England probably claim to support an English team. Nothing wrong with doing so, just a tad ironic for me if you follow English football and claim to hate the national team.

Not lies at all.

Hearts and Hibs are one of the oldest rivalries in Scottish Football.

Scotland and England are one of the oldest rivalries in World Football.

So....

If you’re Scottish waiting England to win is like a Hearts supporter wanting Hibs to win.

English club sides have nothing to do with it.

jack D and coke
57 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Are you allowed to say which one?

Or can you not 'talk' about it? :wink:

55 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

I wasn't aware e any other Hearts forums so I did a google search. WTF is the 'Salt n Sauce' one about? :D Hearts n Hibs forum, that's bound t d well! :D 

Not sure, the posts used to get removed for mentioning it. Talk Hearts. 

Youll find all the old KB posters over there. 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not lies at all.

So....

If you’re Scottish waiting England to win is like a Hearts supporter wanting Hibs to win.

Out of interest, who did you want to win the Hibs-Rangers Cup Final? Remember not giving a flying **** about either side is also a legitimate answer.

LochcarronJambo
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not lies at all.

So....

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not lies at all.

So....

Perhaps if you’re invested deeply in our national team. Admittedly, I’m not. Not enough to care about rivalries etc.

LochcarronJambo
7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not lies at all.

So....

Another good post

LochcarronJambo
Just now, Locky said:

Perhaps if you’re invested deeply in our national team. Admittedly, I’m not. Not enough to care about rivalries etc.

???? So you aren’t interested in Scotland & you don’t care about rivalries, so you weren’t upset hibs won the derby last week .....boll****s

35 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s what I thought. Cheers Jack.

40 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

???? So you aren’t interested in Scotland & you don’t care about rivalries, so you weren’t upset hibs won the derby last week .....boll****s

International rivalries, as I’m not invested in the national team at all. Club football is totally different.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Went t have a look, first post some rangers shite. tf

LochcarronJambo
1 hour ago, Locky said:

International rivalries, as I’m not invested in the national team at all. Club football is totally different.

never met  a real Scot who didn’t support Scotland.... I can only assume you aren’t one

1 minute ago, LochcarronJambo said:

never met  a real Scot who didn’t support Scotland.... I can only assume you aren’t one

Agree with you but.. did you just make a literal no true Scotsman fallacy?

I probably derailed this in the first post, but is anyone interested in the actual point of the OP?

LochcarronJambo
2 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Agree with you but.. did you just make a literal no true Scotsman fallacy?

Sorry but ?

3 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Holland or Italy ?

That would make a cracking final

27 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Sorry but ?

Ignore me, pished! Probably shouldny b posting but ? ?

4 hours ago, Braminho said:

Same here ABE for me in club football and International football.

I probably wouldn't mind them so much if we didn't have to share news/sports networks with them .

It's like being forced to sit in a pub full of Hibs fans.?

2 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

I am but I don’t really bother about international football, certainly not an inept, corrupt nation like Scotland.

LochcarronJambo
7 hours ago, Locky said:

I am but I don’t really bother about international football, certainly not an inept, corrupt nation like Scotland.

corrupt????  I don’t believe for one moment you are a Scot, it is obvious you hate Scotland ...... you must be devastated that the Heart of Midlothian carries the saltire on the club badge.....you are probably one of the sectarian bigots most Hearts fans would like to see the back of

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

corrupt????  I don’t believe for one moment you are a Scot, it is obvious you hate Scotland ...... you must be devastated that the Heart of Midlothian carries the saltire on the club badge.....you are probably one of the sectarian bigots most Hearts fans would like to see the back of

I can’t speak for Locky but I’m sure he meant the SFA.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, RobNox said:

That would make a cracking final

Yip, sure I'm missing something tho?

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

Anyway it's doubtful if there will even be World Cup this year.

Yip, There will be a proper war.

Did USA qualify?

England, USA, Germany being there ( china?) It's going to be a right hoot.

Thankfully Ukraine didn't make it.

Can see there being deaths amongst the "fans".

9 hours ago, luckydug said:

Anyway it's doubtful if there will even be World Cup this year.

There bloody better be, I can’t wait to do the Panini sticker album. Not for me though you understand, for my young lad.

7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Did USA qualify?

Nice edit, no they didn’t, either did China..

England for me. Will almost certainly fall to penalty shootout drama again but its quite nice to watch them play.

Think Harry Kane is quality and should score a few. If Deli Ali can keep his composure he should have a good tournament.

Apart from the usual press frenzy the English (fans)  tend to keep a lower profile these days regarding their chances which is fine with me.

I am not looking forward to the inevitable trouble the Russian Ultras are going to create. They are a seriously nasty and dangerous group of people. They will kick lumps out of anyone who gets in their way.

Also worth pointing out that with the current political fall out over the spy poisoning, its unlikely England fans will receive any protection from the Police.

You couldn't pay me enough to go to this World Cup.

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

England for me. Will almost certainly fall to penalty shootout drama again but its quite nice to watch them play.

Think Harry Kane is quality and should score a few. If Deli Ali can keep his composure he should have a good tournament.

Apart from the usual press frenzy the English (fans)  tend to keep a lower profile these days regarding their chances which is fine with me.

I am not looking forward to the inevitable trouble the Russian Ultras are going to create. They are a seriously nasty and dangerous group of people. They will kick lumps out of anyone who gets in their way.

After Mexico I think I’ll keep an eye on England. Be interesting to see if it’s another underperforming glorious failure or not.

Was listening to a Russian journalist the other day and seemingly the ultras have been warned by Putins people that if there’s any bother then “they’ll spend the rest of their lives in a dark cave”, so hopefully it’s trouble free.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, smiler said:

After Mexico I think I’ll keep an eye on England. Be interesting to see if it’s another underperforming glorious failure or not.

Was listening to a Russian journalist the other day and seemingly the ultras have been warned by Putins people that if there’s any bother then “they’ll spend the rest of their lives in a dark cave”, so hopefully it’s trouble free.

27 minutes ago, smiler said:

Nice edit, no they didn’t, either did China..

Not all as then.

25 minutes ago, smiler said:

The dark cave being a luxury apartment with a nice paid job for life.☺

59 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Did USA qualify?

Sol Campbell over here !

There will be no bother worth it's salt, more football " tourists " like last night's Europa game in Moscow with assorted lassies holding up banners saying " I love you, Torres " etc.

A bit like brazil. 

A must for pervs but not much in the way of proper old skool fitba'.

Sorry, Tosh !

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sol Campbell over here !

There will be no bother worth it's salt, more football " tourists " like last night's Europa game in Moscow with assorted lassies holding up banners saying " I love you, Torres " etc.

A bit like brazil. 

A must for pervs but not much in the way of proper old skool fitba'.

Sorry, Tosh !

Based on that- it's a classic win/ win situation ?

Will be for Germany but I've got a feeling that Brazil will win it this time.  Their form in the qualifiers was was very good indeed, considering the level of the opposition.

3 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

:rofl:

Yeah, you’re right mate. Scottish football is wonderful, every other nation should be envious of our impartial governing bodies, and our very well run leagues.

Kids are English, lived here for 35 years so England for me.  Some time during those years I realised a good English man is better than a Scottish twat and vice versa.  

3 hours ago, smiler said:

Yeah, Russian hools went crazy at the Euros because France is much more lenient than the Russian authorities. I think Putin would see this as a matter of honour, to show that Russia can control these guys. Some of them are extremely organised, with links to right wing militias etc. Putin doesn't want to seem weak if he can't control them. All in all I think this one will be less violent than the Euros.

Arthur Morgan

I will support Brazil as I always do. Even when I was a young lad when Brazil were playing Scotland in the 98 group stages I couldn't decide who I wanted to win :lol: Ronaldo was my favourite player at the time and still is my favourite player of all time.

10 minutes ago, Joel Miller said:

I will support Brazil as I always do. Even when I was a young lad when Brazil were playing Scotland in the 98 group stages I couldn't decide who I wanted to win :lol: Ronaldo was my favourite player at the time and still is my favourite player of all time.

FFS Not serious I hope.

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

FFS Not serious I hope.

I'm being completely serious. I was only 5 during WC98.

TorinoJambo

I always support Argentina and Mexico. Both fabulous to watch and when they met around 12 years ago it was just about the best world cup tie I've ever seen. 2-1 Argentina after extra time.

LochcarronJambo
4 hours ago, Locky said:

:rofl:

Yeah, you’re right mate. Scottish football is wonderful, every other nation should be envious of our impartial governing bodies, and our very well run leagues.

I am not a fan of the SFA, but that’s not going to stop me loving my country...... I was never a fan of the Pie Man with Hearts or a number of board members but it most certainly didn’t stop my supporting Hearts ..... I go to games at home & abroad with Scotland fans WHO are all Hearts fans .... I will mention to my mates tomorrow at the match & I know what the answer will be their proud of Scotland & Hearts no matter who the admin is .... 

Archived