Some oldies might remember this

jambo1961

On 20/02/2018 at 15:20, Morgan said:

I’ve got the Busby one and the Willie ‘Oor Wullie’ Ormond one too but, as I said, the bloody thing won’t upload.

I’ll keep trying, don’t go away!

I'll be up for another half hour 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/02/2018 at 21:27, farin said:

1 of your patches reminds me of my old mans scarf Morgan, it’s 1 of my most treasured items. 

1B22EBDD-3092-4756-8C7F-9C03DC0FD2F6.jpeg

On 20/02/2018 at 23:01, Morgan said:

I’ve got a very similar style one that belonged to my dad Farin. Different set-up but same material etc.

I’ll go to our storage room tomorrow, dig it out, and post a wee pic.

Here it is Farin.

BAF16663-3BFD-442A-9EF8-76C403EE4B5C.jpeg

B9E53C36-05DC-42C4-8779-E4BD48A63064.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Tried to work out how to post a Levein face. 

Currently in Platform 5 with ex colleagues having an Innes & Gunn lunch.

Do you ever stop drinking?

Broxburn Jambo
On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 08:24, scott herbertson said:

Yep

Gorgie Jungle were huge in about 1971-1973, crombies , staprest and doc martens a la Clockwork Orange. Also big gangs at the time were Niddrie Terror and Mental Drylaw

Early seventies everyone wore stay press Docs, Ben Sherman shirts and crombies, if you could afford it.............Hyam's Hunter Square the place to buy them

10 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Early seventies everyone wore stay press Docs, Ben Sherman shirts and crombies, if you could afford it.............Hyam's Hunter Square the place to buy them

And the college jumpers!!

16 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

I used to wear a denim jacket with the sleeves cut off , A union jack  sewed on the back with Millwall lettering down it !!!

thought I was the b' and e's Couldn't understand why I got bother nearly every away match !!

I'm sensible now though !!

On 20/02/2018 at 18:31, scott herbertson said:

Yes - pretty rough place. My brothers band The Androids played there in the late 70s

At the end of the gig the bouncers used to play a game which involved chucking the furniture at each other (and at the band and it’s entourage) . “Duck!”

They thought it funny. They also used to enjoy chucking troublemakers down the stairs - amazing no one got killed.

6BFD7D8C-DC4E-4DBD-96F5-0983D0EEA28D.jpeg

Fire island was great

9 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Who were  YMASS?

They were from the callers and western hailes

Young mental Amsterdam shotgun squad.... radge name.radge guys

avhudtheteeshirt
On 20/02/2018 at 21:38, 22games nro said:

What were the Airdrie guys called, the bother we used to have going through there would make your hair curl,

Im thinking it was section B or D or something like that ??

Sure they were called the Tamla Murphy.

All Out Attack
On 20/02/2018 at 17:19, Morgan said:

At last.

9B222BE0-7905-418F-8C6A-B2209AA4545A.jpeg

7E30D831-8FA2-41CC-99F3-F1B0145EBD76.jpeg

I don't remember the early 70's stuff from the start of the thread, but now you are talking here. Absolutely brilliant. 

Love the Busby stuff. The Jesus saves but Busby... I remember this vividly now. 

These plain white, badges were all the rage for a while as well. 

Pretty sure I have some programs in the attic, but seeing this makes me wish I had the foresight to hold onto this kind of stuff. 

The Willie Ormond badge is something else. Did he not appear on TV with a Hibs strip on during a Hibs cup final late 70's, whilst he was still managing us. Perhaps that is just a modern myth... 

Outstanding pics. 

1 hour ago, the general said:

Fire island was great

I knew it became something else but couldn’t remember the name.

7 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I don't remember the early 70's stuff from the start of the thread, but now you are talking here. Absolutely brilliant. 

Love the Busby stuff. The Jesus saves but Busby... I remember this vividly now. 

These plain white, badges were all the rage for a while as well. 

Pretty sure I have some programs in the attic, but seeing this makes me wish I had the foresight to hold onto this kind of stuff. 

The Willie Ormond badge is something else. Did he not appear on TV with a Hibs strip on during a Hibs cup final late 70's, whilst he was still managing us. Perhaps that is just a modern myth... 

Outstanding pics. 

:2thumbsup:

18 hours ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Anyone remember the really wide Skinners jeans. You wore them with huge turn-ups to the top of your docs. Add in maroon laces and braces and a hand made "Arthur Black" shirt (choose your own style and colours) and that was me in 1972. Still got the braces which have lost their elasticity.

19 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Anyone remember the really wide Skinners jeans. You wore them with huge turn-ups to the top of your docs. Add in maroon laces and braces and a hand made "Arthur Black" shirt (choose your own style and colours) and that was me in 1972. Still got the braces which have lost their elasticity.

Harrington jackets too?

undisputed truth

The TBM (Tolly Beach Mafia) had mair than 5 members and I cant remember ever having a dug as a member (unless you count a few of the birds that used to hing aboot with us) the Y=HOH were closely associated with another gang from that area called Y-MASS (Young Mental Amsterdam Shotgun Squad) TCR (Tollcross Rebels) Lochend Shamrock, Piershill Fleet, just a few of the smaller but equally malevolent gangs from my youth, the biggest were the YLT, YMD, and there was a group of Hells Angels from Granton/Pilton called El Diablos.....oh the fun

On 21/02/2018 at 00:37, The Frenchman Returns said:

Named after a local punk band and not part of the ground as many believe.

Correct. I have a section b tshirt which i was given when airdrie played hibs in the playoffs years ago. Know a few boys in section b. Crazy mob but camarederie amazing. Quite a few scooter boys amongst them

boy_in_maroon

There were also a few guys who would hang around the city centre,, calling themselves “Princie Aggro” 

yeah wearing your DMs white skinners etc were fine if you were mobhanded but remember going into town for a function,,,,, gone are the docs and it was enter the platforms,, and yeah,, you’d get chased half way  round Edinburgh by one of the aforementioned gangs running in 7” heels,   probably got more injuries that way than the gang actually catching you,,

or the way the trousers were worn and covered the platform sole and would catch in the inside of the trousers when running, 

yeah,,

YNT, YLT, YPR, YBC, YPF, GYP, YMT, YIC, YGT, YPF, YLS, Y-MASS, BAR-OX, YGJ, YCJ, 

apologies if I missed your favourite squad..

yeah ah the good old days,,??

aberhill jambo
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Harrington jackets too?

With Royal Stewart tartan lining. Frank Wright shoes .Falmer bags.Bright red doc Martin shoes bought from Schuh over the bridges 

pierced my ear using needle and ice cube these were the days

1 hour ago, boy_in_maroon said:

There were also a few guys who would hang around the city centre,, calling themselves “Princie Aggro” 

yeah wearing your DMs white skinners etc were fine if you were mobhanded but remember going into town for a function,,,,, gone are the docs and it was enter the platforms,, and yeah,, you’d get chased half way  round Edinburgh by one of the aforementioned gangs running in 7” heels,   probably got more injuries that way than the gang actually catching you,,

or the way the trousers were worn and covered the platform sole and would catch in the inside of the trousers when running, 

yeah,,

YNT, YLT, YPR, YBC, YPF, GYP, YMT, YIC, YGT, YPF, YLS, Y-MASS, BAR-OX, YGJ, YCJ, 

apologies if I missed your favourite squad..

yeah ah the good old days,,??

yes remember the trouser that covered the shoes broke my leg running over Leith street and hitting the island in the middile

42 minutes ago, aberhill jambo said:

With Royal Stewart tartan lining. Frank Wright shoes .Falmer bags.Bright red doc Martin shoes bought from Schuh over the bridges 

:nojustno:

You didn’t pierce your own ear did you? 

Neil Grant hairdresser over the back of Hanover Street between Queen Street and George Street for me. :sweeet:

2 minutes ago, foxy16 said:

yes remember the trouser that covered the shoes broke my leg running over Leith street and hitting the island in the middile

High waisters?

About ten feckin buttons.

When you went to the bog, by the time you’d buttoned up yer trousers you needed again...

scott herbertson
34 minutes ago, foxy16 said:

Spent two evenings I. Casualty from the cobble stones, wet flares and the platforms. Not running for anyone, just pissed. Had to stop wearing them or the surgeon said I’d do irreparable damage to my ankles.

flares, platforms and cobbles - how stupid were we?

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

An earring, Morgan ? 

A feckin earring ? 

:lion:

Aye, an earring!

:lol:

3 hours ago, foxy16 said:

The days when folk would stash drink under their flares before entering the ground  ?

Screenshot_20180223-231912-picsay.png

On 20/02/2018 at 15:25, XB52 said:

Best gang name was TBM from Newhaven, the Toley Beach Mafia 

Hahaha, that's quality,  I take it it's toley because of dog shit on the beach or something? 

30 minutes ago, Shedro said:

The days when folk would stash drink under their flares before entering the ground  ?

Screenshot_20180223-231912-picsay.png

Now they stash flares under their drink!!

On 2/21/2018 at 06:19, Morgan said:

At last.

9B222BE0-7905-418F-8C6A-B2209AA4545A.jpeg

7E30D831-8FA2-41CC-99F3-F1B0145EBD76.jpeg

That's just a delight of a scarf at the bottom ?

best one I have ever seen - absolutely cracking 

Does anyone still have the old  Hearts scarf that was solid maroon with thin white pin stripes and the ends of the scarf were cut at an angle ?.

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Does anyone still have the old  Hearts scarf that was solid maroon with thin white pin stripes and the ends of the scarf were cut at an angle ?.

e2244277-748f-4212-a02f-1251543c9a79_zps55d18233-picsay.jpg

1 minute ago, Shedro said:

e2244277-748f-4212-a02f-1251543c9a79_zps55d18233-picsay.jpg

Awesome , had one when I was a nipper along with a maroon and white bar one and a silk ? scarf sadly all no longer here?

Id love them to bring that scarf out again 

15 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

cowan taloring and Smiths in Bread Street were ok as well

and a shop in cockburn street where you could basically design your own college jersey - gang name incorporated

26 minutes ago, the general said:

cowan taloring and Smiths in Bread Street were ok as well

and a shop in cockburn street where you could basically design your own college jersey - gang name incorporated

I remember a woman in our stair had a knitting machine and she would run of a college jersey in the colour/design of your choice. Some proper fashion statements were made.

13 hours ago, aberhill jambo said:

Remember going into Cowan tailoring with my Christmas Provie check and buying my first Harrington, loved it. YMD and YMM by the way.

7 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Awesome , had one when I was a nipper along with a maroon and white bar one and a silk ? scarf sadly all no longer here?

Id love them to bring that scarf out again 

I’ve got the silk one somewhere in our storage room and had a wee look for it the other day but to no avail.

I’ll have another rake this weekend.

My wife is getting really pissed off with all this :lol:

9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

That's just a delight of a scarf at the bottom ?

best one I have ever seen - absolutely cracking 

Cheers, can’t believe I actually wore it to games!

:robbo:

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’ve got the silk one somewhere in our storage room and had a wee look for it the other day but to no avail.

I’ll have another rake this weekend.

My wife is getting really pissed off with all this :lol:

If it wasn't this she'd be moaning about it would it not just be something else ?

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

If it wasn't this she'd be moaning about it would it not just be something else ?

:clyay: Definitely!

10 hours ago, Shedro said:

Hahaha, that's quality,  I take it it's toley because of dog shit on the beach or something? 

Correct?

12 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

I've still got the tie to match that 

TJ, would you please clear your inbox, I want to send you a PM.

Thanks.

Archived