Roseburn Stand -Hibs

hmfcbilly

So, 90mins after the derby league match on 27th Dec went to public sale, it appears all 3 home stands are as good as sold out (give or take the odd single seat). Should we have cut hibs down to 2 sections like we did with Rangers in the championship? Even if there is a verbal agreement with hibs to give them a whole stand and vice versa, surely it makes sense to look after our own fans first?  Yes they may take the huff and do the same but if they cut 1500 off our away allocation but that allows another 2k or so hearts fans to watch our team at home is that not fairer?? Thoughts anyone?

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Give them the whole stand. We get the away end in return. It's the way to do things with our city rivals.

Plus it's all the more fun when we donate the dry boaby to them and watch  them slither off to their sewers.

:fth:

Fair enough jonno. Personally I think it's a wee bit unfair on our own missing out. Looking at the thread on celtic/hibs tickets there seems to be a few struggling to get tickets for hibs game that want additionals. 

Like jonno says we get the whole stand at Easter road. If hibs decide too many fans are missing out and cut our allocation by half would that be ok for you? 

28 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

So, 90mins after the derby league match on 27th Dec went to public sale, it appears all 3 home stands are as good as sold out (give or take the odd single seat). Should we have cut hibs down to 2 sections like we did with Rangers in the championship? Even if there is a verbal agreement with hibs to give them a whole stand and vice versa, surely it makes sense to look after our own fans first?  Yes they may take the huff and do the same but if they cut 1500 off our away allocation but that allows another 2k or so hearts fans to watch our team at home is that not fairer?? Thoughts anyone?

Hibs will sell out no matter how many seats are available for Hearts fans. A more realistic test is whether we sell out all three stands for Celtic next week. I doubt it. 

Swings and roundabouts really, if we cut their allocation so more of our fans can go to Tynecastle then they cut our allocation and less of our fans can go to Easter Road.

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Swings and roundabouts really, if we cut their allocation so more of our fans can go to Tynecastle then they cut our allocation and less of our fans can go to Easter Road.

I see it as, we cut their allocation so more part-time fans can go; they cut our allocation so less committed Hearts fans can go

I would be surprised if the Hearts end is completely sold out.

The club seem to have loads of main stand seats listed as unavailable.

This is due to the club holding them back for hospitality punters. The only problem with that is most of our hospitality areas are not ready for use yet. I expect to see large numbers of these seats being put up for sale probably at Premium prices of course.

Just to be clear I'm talking about the Hibs game here. The Celtic match is another matter altogether.

HeartsInMyBlood

For the sake of the derby feeling it's essential that each club gets 1 stand at each other's ground. Otherwise it'll be like 'visiting Glasgow and getting 900 tickets.

The Dunbar end at Easter Road is bigger, we do pretty well out of the deal. All for cutting the allocation Celtic and Rangers get.

9 minutes ago, HeartsInMyBlood said:

For the sake of the derby feeling it's essential that each club gets 1 stand at each other's ground. Otherwise it'll be like 'visiting Glasgow and getting 900 tickets.

Good point....   The mixture of Edinburgh fans help make the Derby.

been here before
59 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

This must have been discussed at length on here on about 3 different threads already.

Surely?

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

The Dunbar end at Easter Road is bigger, we do pretty well out of the deal. All for cutting the allocation Celtic and Rangers get.

Great idea. Let's cut their allocation when we're getting less than 16,000 every week.

The way things are going there is as much chance of Hibs cutting our allocation to appease demand from there own fans.

Not much of a difference between both clubs attendance at the moment.

only a fool would deny ours are dropping (slightly) while there’s are on the rise.

FWIW all clubs should look after there own fans first and foremost, I would love to see the day when we are in the position where all away fans are allocated one section in the school end, it would mean we would be getting it right on the pitch.

Hopefully we are going to fill the empty 'hospitality' sections in the Main/Gorgie for this game wether they are used for hospitality or individual ticket sales.

No excuses for empty seats at this game.

been here before
1 hour ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

The Johnny come latelys in the Roseburn can bolt 

Great choon.

Hopefully, at some time in the future, we will be arguing about whether we should cut their allocation to 1 or 2 sections of the Roseburn Stand but, at the moment, we are right to give them the full stand. 

54 minutes ago, been here before said:

This must have been discussed at length on here on about 3 different threads already.

Surely?

Maybe it has, sorry I've not got hours to trawl through old threads though! Just felt it was relevant given the public sale started this morning. Thanks for the constructive input into the for/against argument that the thread was designed for though!!

been here before
16 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Maybe it has, sorry I've not got hours to trawl through old threads though! Just felt it was relevant given the public sale started this morning. Thanks for the constructive input into the for/against argument that the thread was designed for though!!

Nae bother.

Why would it take you "hours" though. Something wrong with you?

fabienleclerq

Not atm, if we were selling out of season tickets then I would start cutting their allocation but if it's just walk ups then I'd stick to the current arrangement 

2 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Yes,  forget what the apologists on here say  and the " but they'll cut our allocation for Easter Road" brigade . 

That is exactly what we should have done , cram those bitters in to two ends and  get Tynecastle rocking with Jambos giving us the best chance of winning . 

Incidentally most  of the sanctimonious full stand for Hibs  merchants will be first on I here moaning if we come up short against them . 

55 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Hopefully, at some time in the future, we will be arguing about whether we should cut their allocation to 1 or 2 sections of the Roseburn Stand but, at the moment, we are right to give them the full stand. 

And they’ll cut our allocation at ER. No thanks 

7 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

And they’ll cut our allocation at ER. No thanks 

So you would be in favour of Hibs fans getting tickets ahead of Hearts fans (it’s irrelevant if they are season ticket holders or not, still Hearts fans )

One of the main aims of building a new stand is surely to allow the fan base to grow, we can undoubtedly sell out our allocation for a xmas / new year derby at Tynecastle and our own fans needs should always be considered first.

All away fans should be allocated two sections no matter who they are, if there is any space left in this end with say 10 days till game time, maybe then we can “consider “ increasing the allocation, and only with the approval of the police/security etc.

If Celtic, Rangers or Hibs are not happy with these arrangements too bad.

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

So you would be in favour of Hibs fans getting tickets ahead of Hearts fans

Quite an impressive twisting of words that. 

MacDonald Jardine
11 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

So you would be in favour of Hibs fans getting tickets ahead of Hearts fans (it’s irrelevant if they are season ticket holders or not, still Hearts fans )

One of the main aims of building a new stand is surely to allow the fan base to grow, we can undoubtedly sell out our allocation for a xmas / new year derby at Tynecastle and our own fans needs should always be considered first.

All away fans should be allocated two sections no matter who they are, if there is any space left in this end with say 10 days till game time, maybe then we can “consider “ increasing the allocation, and only with the approval of the police/security etc.

If Celtic, Rangers or Hibs are not happy with these arrangements too bad.

Assuming Hibs do cut our allocation in response it would be depriving committed Hearts fans of a ticket for Easter Road to allow fair weather fans to see the odd game at Tynecastle. 

That unfortunately might be the case in future, Hibs crowds are now in a position where they may be able to dictate to us how many tickets we receive for ER.

ive missed one  Hearts match at ER since 1978, I’ll take my chances if the allocation was cut.

mulleted_jambo
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

I see it as, we cut their allocation so more part-time fans can go; they cut our allocation so less committed Hearts fans can go

Totally agree with this.  Added to the fact I probably wouldn’t get one if the halted our allocation. 

20 minutes ago, bebeto said:

I'm positive there has to be a minimum amount of away tickets in relation to capacity, think it's 10% 

It’s a minimum of 5% of the capacity and I believe a maximum of 20% for cup ties

Do we not sell season tickets for the Roseburn? Or are they all Category B Season Tickets? 

been here before
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Do we not sell season tickets for the Roseburn? Or are they all Category B Season Tickets? 

All B.

Just now, been here before said:

All B.

That being the case, I don't think anyone sat there can complain if the whole Roseburn is given to away fans for some games. 

I would rather we looked after our own fans first, but we can't play the game of cutting allocations if it's going to bite us in the arse. 

2 hours ago, bebeto said:

I'm positive there has to be a minimum amount of away tickets in relation to capacity, think it's 10% 

Don't think it's as much as 10%, if it was we would be getting approx 5000 at ibrox and 6000 at parkhead.

Hibs don't cut our allowance, we shouldn't cut theirs. The old firm I would cut all day long, but the old hibs I wouldn't be for it.

I don't think Budge had any choice to give Celtic the whole stand.

Our poor run is coming at the wrong time and its sad to say that 3 stands will be enough for the home fans v Celtic.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I don't think Budge had any choice to give Celtic the whole stand.

Our poor run is coming at the wrong time and its sad to say that 3 stands will be enough for the home fans v Celtic.

Given the previous behaviour of that shower that Budge had to highlight , part of me thinks there's more to consider than just cash. Celtic will still bring more fans in a cut allocation  than most.  Celtic FC's reaction to Budge's comments were unhelpful at best and they should pay the price for that by helping to impact on their own supporters abiliity to watch their team.

Hibs - full stand.

5 hours ago, weekend offender said:

FTH Give Leith Irish two sections same with the tramps from the west 

Nice one ya diet

Jog on

scott herbertson

Happy with Hibs getting the Roseburn (And I’m category B Roseburn switched into the Main stand for this one.)

if Hibs weren’t selling the Roseburn out (as was the case in the past) I’d see it differently.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

I've no problem with hibs getting the whole stand. 

I have, they're vermin and the fewer in our stadium the better.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
10 hours ago, XB52 said:

Exactly, where are these people at other times? 

Footballfirst

There is no specified minimum away ticket allocation for league games, only a "reasonable number".  The minimum allocation for cup games is 20% although this can be adjusted up or down for practical security reasons or on police advice.

From the SPFL Rules

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

What's the point of having a local derby if you don't allow away fans? It's part of the whole occasion. The OF on the other hand I would be happy if we cut their allocation to a few hundred, or ideally 0.

Archived