Lap of honour tonight!!!!

trago13

I was watching Heartstv tonight and at the end of the match the picture stayed on the Hibs players celebrating in the centre circle. Nothing unusual there, but as the PA then struck up the dire Sunshine on leith the players then went on to do a lap of honour. They were jumping about like they had just won a cup final. Now don’t get me wrong, they are quite right to go and applaud the fans and give each other a pat on the back, but a fecking lap of honour. 

If you listen to one of them they will tell you, that the pendulum has swung, well ladies and gentlemen, their players have just shown me by their reaction that they know they are the wee team, always have been and always will be. 

Don’t have a problem with that to be honest.

I always see the derbies as a mini cup final, so they’re quite entitled to celebrate it.

Its 40 years since they went unbeaten in 8 competitive matches against us. Really its no wonder they are on cloud 9 right now. 

The question every Hearts supporter should be asking is who the **** is going to do anything about it? Does anyone actually care about the first team? All we ever hear about is how we are progressing the club off the field and how great the academy is going to be. Both highly positive things don't get me wrong but by far the most important factor in any football club is the first team and right now ours is inept. A couple of narrow wins against crappy much smaller clubs doesn't fool me thats for sure and we are needing massive surgery and significant investment if we are to pull ourselves out of the very evident malaise. Putting aside the derby fact above here's another one; in the last 20 SPL matches we have not scored 3 goals or more in a game once. Not once. And we've only scored 2 goals in 4 of those games. We are a very poor side and its going to take a while to turn it around. 

Nelly Terraces

8 games without us laying a fecking finger on them pretty much says the pendulum has swung actually.

Though there's a few wind up merchants on here think it doesn't really matter much. The losers that they are.

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Its 40 years since they went unbeaten in 8 competitive matches against us. Really its no wonder they are on cloud 9 right now. 

The question every Hearts supporter should be asking is who the **** is going to do anything about it? Does anyone actually care about the first team? All we ever hear about is how we are progressing the club off the field and how great the academy is going to be. Both highly positive things don't get me wrong but by far the most important factor in any football club is the first team and right now ours is inept. A couple of narrow wins against crappy much smaller clubs doesn't fool me thats for sure and we are needing massive surgery and significant investment if we are to pull ourselves out of the very evident malaise. Putting aside the derby fact above here's another one; in the last 20 SPL matches we have not scored 3 goals in a game once. Not once. And we've only scored 2 goals in 4 of those games. We are a very poor side and its going to take a while to turn it around. 

This^  can forsee them having a few more laps of honour in the near future aswell

...a bit disco

Infamous when it comes to over-exuberance to be fair.

It appears to me there’s a bit of role reversal in the teams and I’m guessing them having that wee ******* in charge whilst we played ****ing football manager with Cathro has a fair bit to do with it 

Like a lot of others on here I endured lack of success against these *******s in the 1970’s it better not be heading that way again . 

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, kila said:

Will be a different game at Tynecastle in Dec

Hopefully get a bit wind in the sails from the run of home games

Nothing points to that actually happening. 

9 minutes ago, kila said:

To be fair Kila, we’ve been saying “wait till the next time” for a couple of years now.

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

It appears to me there’s a bit of role reversal in the teams and I’m guessing them having that wee ******* in charge whilst we played ****ing football manager with Cathro has a fair bit to do with it 

Like a lot of others on here I endured lack of success against these *******s in the 1970’s it better not be heading that way again . 

Tonights result means they are undefeated in 8 games. The last time that happened was 1975-78 when they went 9. 

For all the good things this regime have done off the park they aren't half making some really horrendous 'memories' on it. Oversaw them beating us in the cup as a Championship outfit and go on to end their long wait and now the shambolic, abysmal run of performances/results against them.

Hurting their legacy without a doubt.

The only thing that has changed is that Hearts have turned into a bunch of spineless wimps who can't pass from a to b that vermin team are no great shakes but we made them look good ,tactics were crap and our squad was shown up as being poor some of these players tonite should not be playing for Hearts not good enough,I'm afraid the vermin know how to play for the jersey we dont

The only way we will improve significantly in the short term is to invest heavily in better players, in the current climate that is highly unlikely I’m afraid.

our current squad of players are just not good enough, and once again we are looking to overhaul the playing squad.

However I’m afraid this time there is no quick fix, maybe say over the next 4 transfer windows we must bring in 2 players of genuine quality, as opposed to the 6 jersey fillers we seem to bring in at present.

At present we are mediocre at best, definitely not up to a standard acceptable to Hearts fans, we are suffering and will continue to suffer until we re evaluate our scouting and recruitment strategy. (Is John Murray still in charge ?)

Its obvious if you buy cheap you buy twice,  bring 2 players of genuine quality every transfer window, not half a dozen empty jerseys.

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Tonights result means they are undefeated in 8 games. The last time that happened was 1975-78 when they went 9. 

For all the good things this regime have done off the park they aren't half making some really horrendous 'memories' on it. Oversaw them beating us in the cup as a Championship outfit and go on to end their long wait and now the shambolic, abysmal run of performances/results against them.

Hurting their legacy without a doubt.

That’s pretty much bang on the mark . I keep the hope that once we get back home and things settle down off the park it might get the football side back on track.

The young ladies look like they could be good but they need a right hard ******* in the middle of the park to help and protect them 

Surely we can find someone to do that and get right in our opponents faces ? 

1 hour ago, trago13 said:

I was watching Heartstv tonight and at the end of the match the picture stayed on the Hibs players celebrating in the centre circle. Nothing unusual there, but as the PA then struck up the dire Sunshine on leith the players then went on to do a lap of honour. They were jumping about like they had just won a cup final. Now don’t get me wrong, they are quite right to go and applaud the fans and give each other a pat on the back, but a fecking lap of honour. 

If you listen to one of them they will tell you, that the pendulum has swung, well ladies and gentlemen, their players have just shown me by their reaction that they know they are the wee team, always have been and always will be. 

LOL.

I am a Hibs fan, of course, but I'm not all over your threads rubbing it in.

You, sir, are priceless though.

Was a time not so long ago when Hibs were doing a lap of honour if they managed a draw against us.

This needs sorted and quick nothing pisses the fans off so much as continual failure in local derbies. It drags the whole club down and it feels as if there is a bit of role reversal with Hibs.

Remember when they spent all their money on a shiny new stand and forgot about actually winning matches. 

The fans lost interest and they were lucky to get 10k for run of the mill League games.

Our club should take heed from that.

59 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

That’s pretty much bang on the mark . I keep the hope that once we get back home and things settle down off the park it might get the football side back on track.

The young ladies look like they could be good but they need a right hard ******* in the middle of the park to help and protect them 

Surely we can find someone to do that and get right in our opponents faces ? 

I assume you mean laddies,otherwise it’s wrong.

1 hour ago, kila said:

I was feeling pretty positive tonight but that performance has shot me. 

Seriously what makes you think this?  We've been on a much better run than them recently so why would a good run in December matter?

We get to sit in a nice stand (quietly) in gorgie instead of Leith. What's the difference? 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
56 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Was a time not so long ago when Hibs were doing a lap of honour if they managed a draw against us.

This needs sorted and quick nothing pisses the fans off so much as continual failure in local derbies. It drags the whole club down and it feels as if there is a bit of role reversal with Hibs.

Remember when they spent all their money on a shiny new stand and forgot about actually winning matches. 

The fans lost interest and they were lucky to get 10k for run of the mill League games.

Our club should take heed from that.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

The question every Hearts supporter should be asking is who the **** is going to do anything about it? Does anyone actually care about the first team? All we ever hear about is how we are progressing the club off the field and how great the academy is going to be. Both highly positive things don't get me wrong but by far the most important factor in any football club is the first team and right now ours is inept. A couple of narrow wins against crappy much smaller clubs doesn't fool me thats for sure and we are needing massive surgery and significant investment if we are to pull ourselves out of the very evident malaise. Putting aside the derby fact above here's another one; in the last 20 SPL matches we have not scored 3 goals or more in a game once. Not once. And we've only scored 2 goals in 4 of those games. We are a very poor side and its going to take a while to turn it around. 

Worse part of all of this is that our fans have largely accepted where we are in Edinburgh football at this time - very much second best

When Lennon insisted on keeping 3 players on half way line in second half for our corner it was a clear indication from Lennon to Levein that he had his measure.

We should've lost be a bigger margin tonight.  That's the worst midfield personnel I've ever seen in a Derby tonight. Callachan looked a Scottish third tier player tonight completely embarrassed by a hugely superior player in McGinn. 

Recruitment has been the fundamental problem and jnfortunatelg for him, our DoF has presided over it for the past 3 years. 

Numerous unrelated people have said to me at various stages that we've no money. I've routinely scoffed at the notion. Now I'm not so sure. Presence in our squad of guys like Stockton, Randall, Grzelak, Callachan would endorse notion that we've no money.

Whilst there is no doubt that we needed to build a new stand and emerged from an insolvency event 3 and a half years ago, there is a real possibility with continued nights like tonight that a disconnect will emerge and grow

The football side of Hearts at first team level is regressing alarmingly and it can't be disputed, no matter how much Craig Levein may try to camouflage with the introduction of young players in order to grow the ever subservient off the scent 

3 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

First league win in 3 years against us .... merits a bit overreaction 

BOOM!!!!!

Well said sir

It should have been ten

That's nothing. I'm sure many on here will remember back in the 80's and 90's them celebrating at the full time whistle if they managed to scrape a draw with us. Even if it finished 0-0 the vermin would be going mental, jumping about and cheering. Embarrassing, wee team indeed!

No wonder they go over the top these days after their long suffering humiliation by us. *** knows how they coped for so long as I'm raging they've had the bragging rights for this long now. This is new territory for many of us and it's a horrible feeling.

7 hours ago, trago13 said:

I am more bothered about another shite derby performance and result  from us.  

I have been to one match this season. Can't say I miss watching Hearts at this moment in time. Serious lack of quality which needs addressed.

I'm not sure why their reactions and celebrations come as a surprise to some folk. I'd absolutely expect us to have reacted the same way had we managed to beat them last night. Its a derby match - its supposed to mean something. Each and every win SHOULD be treated like a cup final.

They've got a team that now enjoy derby matches, know how to approach them and know what it feels like to enjoy a good run against us.

They've got a support who no longer fear derby day and can now justifiably approach each fixture with a fair expectation of being able to turn us over.

We on the other hand have a hapless team who have no idea what it takes to win on these occasions or how it actually feels to be part of those kind of celebrations.

We have a growing element of the 'oh well, there's always next time' types in our support and others who just arent even remotely phased by losing to them AGAIN. Some of our supporters are every bit as gutless and soft as the players we're currently having to pin out hopes on.

This is probably the most dominant spell for Hibs I can recall in all my years of supporting Hearts. That represents a complete role reversal to what i've grown up used to.

It needs stopped. Now.

We've all seen how this goes and we've all seen the misery inflicted on Hibs supporters over the last few decades and the effect it had on them. We might be a long way from the lows they reached - but if this DOES keep up, we'll end up the very same way...... and I for one dont EVER want to see us in a position where they can start pulling the 'dressed as seats', 'pre-half time fire drill' type stuff we were able to mock them for for so long.

Like I say, i'm not stating we're there yet - but it WILL go that way if this abysmal form keeps up.

5 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

That's nothing. I'm sure many on here will remember back in the 80's and 90's them celebrating at the full time whistle if they managed to scrape a draw with us. Even if it finished 0-0 the vermin would be going mental, jumping about and cheering. Embarrassing, wee team indeed!

No wonder they go over the top these days after their long suffering humiliation by us. *** knows how they coped for so long as I'm raging they've had the bragging rights for this long now. This is new territory for many of us and it's a horrible feeling.

Unfortunately for some of us that lived through the 70’s it’s like reliving an old nightmare ?

Don't see the problem with this at all.  They have the upper hand and are milking and absolutely loving every single minute of it, and why not.  If i was a player or manager i would be doing exactly the same.  Its a hatred, its a rivalry and i would be doing all these same things to rub salt in wounds.

One thing is for sure though, its these tweets from their players last night and those moments at FT which need shown and shown and shown again to our players because thats what it feels like and thats us being embarrassed.  It cant continue.

9 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

First league win in 3 years against us .... merits a bit overreaction 

Shall we just forget the times when they have been a lower league side and pumped us out the cup in the years between those wins then?

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Our players should have been made to stand and watch it

ha that's a good idea

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, gerryjambo41 said:

Unfortunately for some of us that lived through the 70’s it’s like reliving an old nightmare ?

Yeah I bet, it's brutal :(

9 hours ago, obua said:

I assume you mean laddies,otherwise it’s wrong.

Normally I would agree straight away ,but enduring that abject performance I'm not so sure that 2 or 3 of the midfield would even get into the ladies midfield,but yeah laddies I meant.

1 hour ago, gerryjambo41 said:

Oh yes :mad:

2 hours ago, Erik said:

I'm not sure why their reactions and celebrations come as a surprise to some folk. I'd absolutely expect us to have reacted the same way had we managed to beat them last night. Its a derby match - its supposed to mean something. Each and every win SHOULD be treated like a cup final.

They've got a team that now enjoy derby matches, know how to approach them and know what it feels like to enjoy a good run against us.

They've got a support who no longer fear derby day and can now justifiably approach each fixture with a fair expectation of being able to turn us over.

We on the other hand have a hapless team who have no idea what it takes to win on these occasions or how it actually feels to be part of those kind of celebrations.

We have a growing element of the 'oh well, there's always next time' types in our support and others who just arent even remotely phased by losing to them AGAIN. Some of our supporters are every bit as gutless and soft as the players we're currently having to pin out hopes on.

This is probably the most dominant spell for Hibs I can recall in all my years of supporting Hearts. That represents a complete role reversal to what i've grown up used to.

It needs stopped. Now.

We've all seen how this goes and we've all seen the misery inflicted on Hibs supporters over the last few decades and the effect it had on them. We might be a long way from the lows they reached - but if this DOES keep up, we'll end up the very same way...... and I for one dont EVER want to see us in a position where they can start pulling the 'dressed as seats', 'pre-half time fire drill' type stuff we were able to mock them for for so long.

Like I say, i'm not stating we're there yet - but it WILL go that way if this abysmal form keeps up.

Good post, it might not be the "be all and end all "defeating your derby rivals but it's part of the clubs fabric AND it buys the players and management breathing space when going through a poor period on the pitch 

Its not the most dominant they've been in my lifetime but by **** it gets on my tits when you hear them sing , here we go 8 in a row 

It better not be 9 

For me, it shows that their players get what the derby means. Ours havent since the relegation season, even not bothering about one of them. 

I would like to see more laps of honour. Even a 1 nil home win versus Ross County or whatever. Wouldn't it be a nice connection for the players to celebrate with fans... take a few pics and build a connection. I think that'd be cool

Bit of an overreaction on this site I think. Face it, the vermin are a good side just now, outplayed us but still only got a 1-0 win 

not a lot between them and us.

Stay positive guys!

On 25/10/2017 at 09:55, Bowmans_Boot said:

For me, it shows that their players get what the derby means. Ours havent since the relegation season, even not bothering about one of them. 

You’ll never hit a nail more flush than that one above this.

8 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

If you’ll pardon the pun, this post is absolutely bang on.

The players not only don’t ‘get’ the derby, they quite simply don’t ‘get’ Hearts and therein lies the problem.

Oh for a John Robertson type.

PeterintheRain
On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 01:55, Spencer said:

Worse part of all of this is that our fans have largely accepted where we are in Edinburgh football at this time - very much second best

When Lennon insisted on keeping 3 players on half way line in second half for our corner it was a clear indication from Lennon to Levein that he had his measure.

We should've lost be a bigger margin tonight.  That's the worst midfield personnel I've ever seen in a Derby tonight. Callachan looked a Scottish third tier player tonight completely embarrassed by a hugely superior player in McGinn. 

Recruitment has been the fundamental problem and jnfortunatelg for him, our DoF has presided over it for the past 3 years. 

Numerous unrelated people have said to me at various stages that we've no money. I've routinely scoffed at the notion. Now I'm not so sure. Presence in our squad of guys like Stockton, Randall, Grzelak, Callachan would endorse notion that we've no money.

Whilst there is no doubt that we needed to build a new stand and emerged from an insolvency event 3 and a half years ago, there is a real possibility with continued nights like tonight that a disconnect will emerge and grow

The football side of Hearts at first team level is regressing alarmingly and it can't be disputed, no matter how much Craig Levein may try to camouflage with the introduction of young players in order to grow the ever subservient off the scent 

Yes we know. Lenny Greenteeth is a tactical genius.  Being slaughtered at home by Hamilton was just part of his cunning plan for league domination.   Winning 1 game in 9 and claiming that his lovely bhoys are the greatestest team in history.   Are you sure you're not one of them?   Certainly have the emotional maturity of the average inbred mutant.

Hibs entire revival is down to Craig Thomson and whoever took that picture of him doing the 5:1.   Without that then he wouldn't go out of his way to prove how unbiased he is. He would have sent of their thug of a midfielder for a two footed over the ball assault and we win that cup match.  Probably the only thing worse than a cheating referee is a club who protect child abusers, celebrate terrorists and who can riot causing over £500,000 worth of damage and get away with it.

You deserve them.

1 minute ago, PeterintheRain said:

Yes we know. Lenny Greenteeth is a tactical genius.  Being slaughtered at home by Hamilton was just part of his cunning plan for league domination.   Winning 1 game in 9 and claiming that his lovely bhoys are the greatestest team in history.   Are you sure you're not one of them?   Certainly have the emotional maturity of the average inbred mutant.

Hibs entire revival is down to Craig Thomson and whoever took that picture of him doing the 5:1.   Without that then he wouldn't go out of his way to prove how unbiased he is. He would have sent of their thug of a midfielder for a two footed over the ball assault and we win that cup match.  Probably the only thing worse than a cheating referee is a club who protect child abusers, celebrate terrorists and who can riot causing over £500,000 worth of damage and get away with it.

You deserve them.

I could indulge you but I suspect you're not very well 

I'm as pissed off as anyone about this 8 game run. But I tell you what, we have ar proud and astonishing record of 22 to protect .when you think how ecstatic they are just now. How bad must they have felt. Christ no wonder they do laps of honour. What's happening Has been unthinkable to these muppets and needs ended pronto.....hibs hibs . Never mind 1902 you'll never get  22 oh oh oh oh oh ?

1 hour ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

100% their players get it and start this match believing they will win. Just like I grew up watching our teams entering every derby with the exact same belief, passion and determination. Since the new era began, we have not had that at all. 

Lucille's Thirsty
On 24/10/2017 at 23:24, kila said:

That's the one thing we have to cling onto, if they come to Tynie and do us, I'll hold my hands up and say the tide has turned.

In this unbeaten run they haven't beat us at Tynie. Imagine if they do doubtful but wow.

I don't want to win 1-0.

I want to destroy these inbreds.

The Shed Floodlight

They will be used to lap of honours.. as it will happen whenever a fix turns up at their crack dens or when they visit the local chemist for their methadone.

Archived