****OFFICIAL HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN V ST JOHNSTONE THREAD****

Mr Sifter

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

I would bring in grzelak instead of brandon and have smith at right back

Me too. Especially if Ohallaran is playing.

11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I wonder what the crowd will be for this one as the novelty of Murrayfield doesn't seem to be the draw I personally thought it would be. Hopefully our first game in the city for a while will get the interest up enough for the crowd to be a bit more than would have attended Tynecastle for this fixture, 18k maybe. 

Score wise I will go 3-1.

I'd imagine around 17,000 Hearts fans. St Johnstone have been allocated North sections 1, 3 and 5. That's about 1,600+ seats. I'm not sure what they've sold, but St Johnstone are saying they're selling well, and they'll have a big support. My guess would be about 1,000. So maybe 18,000 or thereabouts.

No shit defending like in the past with free headers and the like. There’s no neeed why we can’t beat this lot. Get stuck in and take our chances. 

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

I would bring in grzelak instead of brandon and have smith at right back

I would swap the full back positions, but only to put Michael Smith at right back, and place Brandon at left back (the last good performance we had from any one at left back was Brandon at Parkhead at the back end of last season). Grzelak, I'd be tempted to put him on an EasyJet flight back to Poland with a courteous "cheerio".

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cut out individual errors and we'll do fine.

This is a very valid point. 

In our last four games...

Hamilton - 1-2 - error from grezlak which led to there goal.

Partick 1-1 - error from Jon in goal 

Dundee 1-2 - errors from Buaben in not tracking his man

Ross county - 1-2 - error from Randall 

We have not been carved open at the back and conceded in any of these games, just stupid mistakes. 

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

This is a very valid point. 

In our last four games...

Hamilton - 1-2 - error from grezlak which led to there goal.

Partick 1-1 - error from Jon in goal 

Dundee 1-2 - errors from Buaben in not tracking his man

Ross county - 1-2 - error from Randall 

We have not been carved open at the back and conceded in any of these games, just stupid mistakes. 

Stupid individual errors cost us several points in the cathro era too. I know you win and lose as a 'team' but individual brain farts cost us more than anything.

Fancy a big win for Hearts

Meant to be cloudy in the afternoon so at least those of us in the east stand won't have the sun in our eyes

Psychedelicropcircle

A question that may have been asked already. Are we using our ST cards? Only ask as we don’t have tickets through unlike the Aberdeen game?

5 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

A question that may have been asked already. Are we using our ST cards? Only ask as we don’t have tickets through unlike the Aberdeen game?

Should have your tickets through i reckon.

My St J and Rangers tickets arrived in the same envelope.

Psychedelicropcircle
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Should have your tickets through i reckon.

My St J and Rangers tickets arrived in the same envelope.

Thanks homme glad I asked! Cropcirclette through her psychotic OCD had thrown them in a drawer. 

Snakes ? wi tits the lot of them....

except out maws?

AlphonseCapone

I think we will win but it won't be pretty or relaxing. 

To go into 5th as we start our run of games in Edinburgh would be great I think if we are honest. Then it's building momentum. No one above us bar Celtic will be consistent, we've the best chance given the games and locations.

6 hours ago, King prawn said:

Me too. Especially if Ohallaran is playing.

Do you want them to get a penalty then? Grzelak is a bombscare especvially up against anyone with pace.

3 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Think you might need to get to the ticket office in the morning.

6 hours ago, kila said:

Cowie out of this one according to EEN

FFS. No wonder we're playing teenagers in midfield, it's like a MASH unit out there.

4 at the back with Buaben as a DM worked infinitely better than having him play CH.  When Hughes gets back we're better with a back 3 but we don't currently have another CH who can fill that role.

If Callachan can go, I'd hope for a 4-1-3-2 with Millinkovic or Randall on the left and Walker cutting in from the right and Buaben sitting in front of the CHs.

Psychedelicropcircle
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Think you might need to get to the ticket office in the morning.

Sorted sir my secretary had put them in the drawer without informing me. 50 lashes when she gets in.

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Sorted sir my secretary had put them in the drawer without informing me. 50 lashes when she gets in.

giphy.gif

Friday, 20th October

Saints should be close to full strength as they take on Hearts this Saturday at their temporary home, BT Murrayfield.

A good Perth support is expected inside the 67,000 seater stadium as Tommy Wright’s side look to hit back after their 3-0 defeat to Rangers last Friday.

Tommy has urged his players to learn from mistakes that have been made over the last few fixtures, saying: “We expect to win every game so how we do that is to be a little better than we have been.

“When we get into good positions we have to be individually better and we have to be individually better in certain defensive situations which we haven’t been in recent games.”

With only five points from their last eighteen, Saints have slipped down to fifth in the Scottish Premiership table but that still signifies a solid start to the campaign and a win tomorrow would hopefully help to regain lost ground on Rangers and Motherwell who currently stand third and fourth respectively.

After a slow start to the season, Hearts have found form in recent weeks under new manager Craig Levein and with only one defeat in their last five outings, the Jambos have found their way into seventh place, just a point shy of their city rivals Hibernian.

In terms of team news, Michael O’Halloran is available again after being ineligible to play against Rangers and the manager has also provided updates on the overall status of the squad:

“We got a good week’s training. Said Wright.

“Obviously, Steven [Anderson] and Richard [Foster] are still suspended. Brian [Easton] got a knock on his knee but hopefully should be fine.

“Blair [Alston] came through 45 minutes in the under 20s game and looked really good and Michael [O’Halloran] has trained all week so those two will come back into the fold and give me a couple more options.

“Training has gone well and we’re looking forward to the game.”

Heading to Murrayfield, Saints can be buoyed by the fact that they had a great record against Hearts last season. In the pair’s four meetings in 2016/7, Saints ran out 1-0 winners on three separate occasions with the other fixture ending in a 2-2 draw.

Wright is confident that his players will live up the challenge of playing in such a big arena: “It’s a great stadium and although it might feel a little strange being around a third full it will still be a great experience for the players and fans.

“The pitch is supposed to be excellent so there will be no complaints about that. We’re looking forward to going there and hopefully getting the win.”

Match Preview by Gary Petersen

Any win against this lot will be a great result.

Our bogey team over the past few years but Im confident givien our last performance away and against Aberdeen at Murrayfield, that we can get a result. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Do you want them to get a penalty then? Grzelak is a bombscare especvially up against anyone with pace.

I thought O Halloran played on the left which is why I thought Smith would be better playing right back this game.

7 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

2-1 to the Famous JTs Lafferty & Walker with our goals.

This...  Agree with goalscorers

2 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

:oohmatron:

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

He has been posted missing from the last few derbies.

apart form the goal he scored in one of them , aye, missing.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Liam Craig still play with this mob?

90 minutes of him reffing

he needs put in his box by the ref.

He actually does ref the ref,  he's in the refs ear after every decision. Don't know why he is allowed  to do it.

He is actually worse than Brown.

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

I thought O Halloran played on the left which is why I thought Smith would be better playing right back this game.

We definitely need our most experienced and best FB up against O'Halloran if possible. He's their main threat but hopefully we keep them pegged back so he's kept quiet that way.

Would love to see us get more than the 19,000 Hibs claimed were at the Giro for the Aberdeen defeat.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would love to see us get more than the 19,000 Hibs claimed were at the Giro for the Aberdeen defeat.

Were 25000 of those not aberdeen fans though?

Solid defensive performance is required, with a win to take us into the derby. They will get a pounding by Celtic to go into the derby   

For me the issue for the line up for the derby is full back.

Smith will of course play one of the sides but the other is either going to be Grezlak, Brandon or Randall.

I would go with Grezlak at which ever side he feels most comfortable on tomorrow and Smith the other. If performs go with same v hibs, if not Smith LB and Randall RB on Tuesday.

We really need to put a run of results together. We’ve not had back to back league wins since February.

lets put that shocking stat to bed tomorrow please Hearts.

2-0 Hearts

Crowd will include at least 2 neutrals (us - but surely many others too) keen to see Murrayfield without enduring rugby. Looking forward to this and expecting a decent game between an improving Hearts and a St Johnstone who really need to start improving.

Geoff Kilpatrick

1-2

Tommy Wright's excellent run against us continues.

Lafferty with a pen to pull back a consolation goal.

Not losing would be a decent result.

I'd like to see Milinkovic get a start. 

Interesting to see how O'Halloran gets on. I was quite hopeful that we'd sign him and I remember who the experts on here were who told us all how shite he is.

3-0 Lafferty, walker, Berra

Performance as good as the Aberdeen match, the players full of confidence for the Derby.

FTH

scott herbertson

Looking forward to this one, my first match in my new travel regime. M90 bus at 11.18 from Birnam , West End at 1 and bus to Murrayfield. As the bus passes through Perth I expect well pick up a few formers en route.

3-1 to us

Archived