No entry

alicante jambo

Let's hope the club take note of these points and arrange either a cash gate or a booth selling tickets for non sell out games.

As I said before the football authorities in Scotland like to make attending football in Scotland as complicated as possible. There's no need for all the rules and regulations . If someone decides at the last minute they want to go to a game they should be able to subject to availability of course.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point still stands.

Whether it's called a booth or a portakabin it still needs a power supply, web access etc.

Plenty empty retail space on Gorgie Rd.

Francis Albert

What are the suggestions of how the club might communicate beyond the internet.

Newspaper or radio?

I think it's fair to say the diversity of media channels makes things more difficult. But it isn't just an internet/non-internet issue. It would not be  difficult to make the ticket office opening hours clear in the specific area of the website on "Ticket details for upcoming fixtures" quoted above by FatherTweedy or in the one E-mail which was sent on the ticketing arrangements for Newcastle, East Fife and Dunfermline  Or to send an email and email reminders on the TO closure as  as was apparently done by daily Tweets. I suspect access to emails is still more common than Twitter accounts and that applies to all ages but perhaps particularly to the older sections of the population, most of whom are active internet users but perhaps less into "social media" than the young. Getting a message into the News and Metro would have done no harm, if that wasn't done. I have also wondered why the club doesn't use this (and other message boards) more for communication - it is virtually cost -free and instant. So there are two issues - communication as well as the failure to make some arrangement for ticket purchases in the hour before TO.

Plenty empty retail space on Gorgie Rd.

The question is, would signing a lease, legal fees cost more than the sales we would generate?

I do agree there should be some sort of option for people who don't know about the 2pm cut off, but people are asking why there isn't, so I'm trying to give answers.

The if there was an easy solution then the club would have thought of it, so the easy solutions that fans are coming up with are obviously not as easy as you think.

I think it's fair to say the diversity of media channels makes things more difficult. But it isn't just an internet/non-internet issue. It would not be  difficult to make the ticket office opening hours clear in the specific area of the website on "Ticket details for upcoming fixtures" quoted above by FatherTweedy or in the one E-mail which was sent on the ticketing arrangements for Newcastle, East Fife and Dunfermline  Or to send an email and email reminders on the TO closure as  as was apparently done by daily Tweets. I suspect access to emails is still more common than Twitter accounts and that applies to all ages but perhaps particularly to the older sections of the population, most of whom are active internet users but perhaps less into "social media" than the young. Getting a message into the News and Metro would have done no harm, if that wasn't done. I have also wondered why the club doesn't use this (and other message boards) more for communication - it is virtually cost -free and instant. So there are two issues - communication as well as the failure to make some arrangement for ticket purchases in the hour before TO.

Where do people get their info these days if they're not web/social media/JKB users? Do you get fixture lists in newspapers? I don't buy them or read them in hard copy so I genuinely haven't a clue. 

Newspaper ads cost a fair bit. Sounds harsh, but it wouldn't be value for money in terms of the numbers of people it would reach who wouldn't likely see the message elsewhere anyway.  It sounds like it affected a relatively small number and that's a real shame but have to agree with the principle that when we've knocked down half our stadium and there's construction ongoing, it makes a lot of sense to double check what special arrangements are in place. That said, I'm surprised that they didn't mention it either in the emails or on the website. Would seem a no-brainer to me.

I'm going with the assumption that there's a reason why they're not selling tickets from 2-3pm elsewhere, maybe security/Health & Safety stuff. Maybe they think numbers likely to appear after 2pm won't make it financially worthwhile to set up an additional temporary facility. Doesn't seem logical to assume they've just gone "Ah sod this, can't be bothered taking in any more money after 2pm. That'll do."  

Francis Albert

Where do people get their info these days if they're not web/social media/JKB users? Do you get fixture lists in newspapers? I don't buy them or read them in hard copy so I genuinely haven't a clue. 

Newspaper ads cost a fair bit. Sounds harsh, but it wouldn't be value for money in terms of the numbers of people it would reach who wouldn't likely see the message elsewhere anyway.  It sounds like it affected a relatively small number and that's a real shame but have to agree with the principle that when we've knocked down half our stadium and there's construction ongoing, it makes a lot of sense to double check what special arrangements are in place. That said, I'm surprised that they didn't mention it either in the emails or on the website. Would seem a no-brainer to me.

I'm going with the assumption that there's a reason why they're not selling tickets from 2-3pm elsewhere, maybe security/Health & Safety stuff. Maybe they think numbers likely to appear after 2pm won't make it financially worthwhile to set up an additional temporary facility. Doesn't seem logical to assume they've just gone "Ah sod this, can't be bothered taking in any more money after 2pm. That'll do."  

For me it's email, web and JKB, none of which helped much in this instance.

Wasn't suggesting paying for newspaper ads (which I agree would not be very effective) but asking Barry Anderson or whoever to mention it in his match preview, maybe with a promise of a wee exclusive sometime (it would make a change of source for him from JKB!)

The fact the club missed the "no brainer" of website and email communication maybe suggests they might have missed something on the ticket sales options.

Incidentally I had a similar issue with the club shop at the last game of last season, when I turned up at 2pm for a first look at the new shop, to find it had just closed because the turnstiles had opened. The hour before kick off must be by far the busiest period for the shop and the only time those travelling far can visit it. Assuming it's accessible from inside the ground from the stands in use (is it?) that isn't much of an issue but becomes one again when the new stand opens, assuming the shop doesn't relocate until January.  Another reason for taking some retail space close to the ground for a few months?

We should make it as easy as possible for anybody who wants to see us to be in the stadium, no?

I see some Arsenal fan and his stag party managed to get to game on Saturday ok. More clued up than our own fans?

The club has just tweeted about arrangements for tomorrow's game.

Those not on twitter check the website.

You're welcome

:)

Maybe the old guy was too organised (he read the weather forecast) and thought I'm no takin. the bairn oot in that. He also doesn't own a mobile the weather improved and at the last gasp decides to go. Of course he would expect a pay at the turnstile especially at a game like that but is told to get lost . i certainly wouldn't be happy if it happend to me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hackney Hearts

I see some Arsenal fan and his stag party managed to get to game on Saturday ok. More clued up than our own fans?

Hardly a good example. Stag parties take quite a bit of advance planning. Very few are Spurs of the moment.

Francis Albert

It's an absolutely legitimate criticism and as I've said before had it been any of the previous owners they'd have been universally lambasted for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Indeed. If it had happened under the Vlad regime Jammy T would have boycotted the club.

For me it's email, web and JKB, none of which helped much in this instance.

Wasn't suggesting paying for newspaper ads (which I agree would not be very effective) but asking Barry Anderson or whoever to mention it in his match preview, maybe with a promise of a wee exclusive sometime (it would make a change of source for him from JKB!)

The fact the club missed the "no brainer" of website and email communication maybe suggests they might have missed something on the ticket sales options.

Incidentally I had a similar issue with the club shop at the last game of last season, when I turned up at 2pm for a first look at the new shop, to find it had just closed because the turnstiles had opened. The hour before kick off must be by far the busiest period for the shop and the only time those travelling far can visit it. Assuming it's accessible from inside the ground from the stands in use (is it?) that isn't much of an issue but becomes one again when the new stand opens, assuming the shop doesn't relocate until January.  Another reason for taking some retail space close to the ground for a few months?

I'd guess that the cost of legals, fit-out, utilities, equipment and other overheads probably don't make it worthwhile balanced out against cash you'd bring in during that one hour slot on what is probably no more than a dozen separate occasions. You won't potentially lose any sales at any other time. It's a pest for the handful of people who might want to visit shop or buy tickets but for the vast majority it's unlikely to make any real difference. You can't mitigate every inconvenience, I suppose.

Francis Albert

I'd guess that the cost of legals, fit-out, utilities, equipment and other overheads probably don't make it worthwhile balanced out against cash you'd bring in during that one hour slot on what is probably no more than a dozen separate occasions. You won't potentially lose any sales at any other time. It's a pest for the handful of people who might want to visit shop or buy tickets but for the vast majority it's unlikely to make any real difference. You can't mitigate every inconvenience, I suppose.

So is the shop accessible from inside the ground? If not and since I suspect quite a large portion of sales occur in the hour before KO (in my experience shop always packed with long queues then and emptyish most of the rest of the week) we could lose quite a bit of revenue, especially after the new stand opens.

As with the TO I'd have thought there were cheap options for making at least some stock available outwith the shop (kiosks (didn't we use to have outside the main stand in the days of the Gorgie Road shop?), portakabins, or whatever

So the 12 Germans on a stag do that turned up expecting to get in, they were lazy? As far social media and emails if someone has missed the communiques then it's the club's fault not the individual.

Hearts (football in general) are competing against all sorts of other activities, making it in any way complicated to buy a ticket for an empty stadium is inept. You appear to be of the mindset that it is 100% the responsibility of the individual to make sure they know how to get a ticket. However the fans we are discussing are probably only going to occasional matches and are possibly of the mindset of 'oh well never mind' if they don't get in.

I cannot imagine any other business turning people away when they had seats to sell because of an issue like this.

Your never going to change your opinion so we will just agree to disagree.

Fair enough?

To be fair, if I was in a foreign county and fancied taking in a football game. I would check all the ticket details to make sure I could get a ticket before just showing up

Francis Albert

To be fair, if I was in a foreign county and fancied taking in a football game. I would check all the ticket details to make sure I could get a ticket before just showing up

And to be fair if I looked up the club web-site, saw tickets would be available from the ticket office with no specified time restriction I'd assume, for a game I knew was  going to be at most half capacity, I could toddle up half an hour before the game and buy a ticket. In fact I've done just that on a few occasions.

Hackney Hearts

Also TBF, the main thing I would check would be if the match was likely to sell out. If I asked a local, and was rightly told the stadium was sure to be at best half full, I'd feel entitled to turn up at 2:15 and somehow get a ticket.

Me too. Fewer cash gates/ticket office only sales, having to be a registered ticket buyer/supporter, membership schemes, preference for (or at least a move towards) electronic/digital sales. I wouldn't go to any ground these days and just rock up expecting to be able to buy a ticket - it's rarely ever a straightforward pay at the gate scenario.

Just while we're on the subject, and in case there's anyone reading who doesn't know about it, there's also a Hearts Ticket Office Twitter account https://twitter.com/heartstickets

You don't need a Twitter account to read it, you can just click on the link and scroll down to see what info they've been sharing. Usually worth checking the 'Tweets' and also the 'Tweets and Replies' tab. Chances are someone else might've asked the same question that you had in mind.

Son Of Anarchy

An old artic trailer, tin opener, cut side and hinge, paint maroon, cut hole for power cables, tahdah, jobs a guid un. Mobile shop/ticket office/advice centre. Could be parked up town during the day for tourists and at Tynie on match day.

Francis Albert

Me too. Fewer cash gates/ticket office only sales, having to be a registered ticket buyer/supporter, membership schemes, preference for (or at least a move towards) electronic/digital sales. I wouldn't go to any ground these days and just rock up expecting to be able to buy a ticket - it's rarely ever a straightforward pay at the gate scenario.

At football overseas and at most  grounds in the UK, bull fights in Spain, at horse racing here and overseas, at almost every other event I can think of, if the place is going to be half full or even 90% full, you can rock up and buy a ticket half an hour or less before it starts (in fact usually even after it starts). That was true of Tynecastle as recently as a few months ago. So I would certainly expect to (and do in fact) go to such events and expect to buy a ticket and I can't see why people who turn up expecting that are in any way at fault.. 

"Anyone wishing to buy Peterhead tickets in advance may want to do so sooner rather than later, we are sending most back to sell on the night"

From Hearts twitter

You're welcome again.

Hardly a good example. Stag parties take quite a bit of advance planning. Very few are Spurs of the moment.

Apart from German ones apparently....

Indeed. If it had happened under the Vlad regime Jammy T would have boycotted the club.

You know there are two distinct points here.

You do because you have an assiduous approach to detail.

So you are being purposefully obtuse presuming that others are not such a stickler for detail.

Well done - you are on exactly the right thread for people that don't pay attention to detail.

:)

Hackney Hearts

You know there are two distinct points here.

One point is far more important than the other. Why aren't Hearts using a cash gate, as they did in January? Or, if they have to, come up with another way to allow entry between 2 & 3.

The point about communication is secondary, and doesn't apply if they sort the first point. But even here, they should definitely have made it clear in their email and on the ticketing arrangements section on the website.

"Anyone wishing to buy Peterhead tickets in advance may want to do so sooner rather than later, we are sending most back to sell on the night"

From Hearts twitter

You're welcome again.

You know, I wonder if there's a practical way to embed a widget or something showing HMFC Twitter content streams. On here, I mean. [emoji362]

We have a few upgrades in the pipeline in next month or two. Will add this idea to the list of "things it'd (maybe) be nice to have."

It would be easy to keep the path leading to the ticket office windows open until 3 ,properly stewarded of course

From Hearts twitter

You're welcome again.

So we've returned tickets to Peterhead so they can have a cash gate for Hearts fans? Yet we won't provide that facility for Hearts fans at Tynecastle.

BTW, you're entirely wrong to blame the customer/supporter for not following the overly restrictive selling of tickets at this time. Yone don't need to be an unfair critic of the club to realise this.

Archived