6 replies to this topic

#1 Turkishcap

Turkishcap

Turkishcap

• Registered Users D
  • 2,069 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Had my current laptop just over 3 years in January, since the Nov/Dec it started to show funny signs all was not well.....January it would freeze after 10 minutes and just have that annoying blue circle going around. Emergency switch off and re start and again 10 minutes before complete freeze so gave up thinking hard drive was knacked.

Then in March gave a factory re set a go and the ruddy thing has been fine since.....so anyone think a bug or what? Have good security on it and had 400gbs free space. Getting a new one in any case but have found this strange.

#2 joe.gausden

joe.gausden

HMFC F.T.H

• Paid Member_10
  • 4,910 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Donator

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

It might've been something in one of the updates as I had a problem a few weeks ago which resolved itself within a day

#3 hughesie27

hughesie27

1st Team Squad Member

• Paid Member
  • 20,566 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Donator

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

Mines is constantly trying to install updates but fails every single time.

About the same age as yours.

#4 argyjambo

argyjambo

• Registered Users C
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationSunny Portobello

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

Similar situation with me, new HP Pavilion Laptop at Christmas, set it up, got it to recognise printer over Wi-Fi, all working well. Then I ran the windows 10 update ( it had windows10 already) since then its touch & go if printer will print wirelessly (fine when printer used in local mode) also some annoying buffering when on-line ( I don't download or watch stuff on-line) anyone got any possible solutions (I've already downloaded printer files from HP as no cd drive on laptop)?

#5 Swanny17

Swanny17

Squad Member

• Registered Users A
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

I once got hold of a mates laptop and he had installed 3 anti-virus softwares on it thinking he was doing well. Also, that Raport software which banking websites encourage you to install will slow your laptop to a standstill.

#6 Turkishcap

Turkishcap

Turkishcap

• Registered Users D
  • 2,069 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:33 AM

Interesting, cheers all.

#7 jonesy

jonesy

She serves the smooth retsina

• Registered Users A
  • 3,531 posts
  • LocationHome at last

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:17 AM

I once got hold of a mates laptop and he had installed 3 anti-virus softwares on it thinking he was doing well. Also, that Raport software which banking websites encourage you to install will slow your laptop to a standstill.

Agree with Rapport. Makes you secure by never being bothered to turn the blinking thing on as it takes so long to do anything.