LeftBack

Looks like a good remake. Hopefully they drop the spider.

Exactly. The spider turned it from good to laughable. After all, John Boy Walton was the creepiest thing about the original.

mrmarkus1981

Watched the original a lot as a teenager. This looks pretty scary [emoji85]

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I heard the film will be split into two parts, with part 2 covering the part in the book when the boys return to the town as adults.

I heard the film will be split into two parts, with part 2 covering the part in the book when the boys return to the town as adults.

That's the way to do it, there's far too much in the book to try and squeeze in to one film.

I hate clowns. I ****ing hate them. I just want to smash their stupid painted faces in....why did I watch that trailer when I live alone?

Why?!!!!

I'm sure that's how the original was done too

Exactly. The spider turned it from good to laughable. After all, John Boy Walton was the creepiest thing about the original.

Have to say, I couldn't take the original seriously with JBW as Bill.  This trailer looks much better.  It was a book that always needed one of the major studios to take it on and do it justice.

The spider thing's a bit tricky.  In the book, It isn't a spider, but that's all the kids/adults' minds can comprehend it to be.  There's a scene in the book when the kids undertake some sort of old Indian ritual and end up having a vision of It arriving - falling from the sky to the earth.  Open to interpretation what that meant, but I took it to be Satan being cast out of heaven.  'It' being an alien just felt a bit too meh.

Have to say, I couldn't take the original seriously with JBW as Bill. This trailer looks much better. It was a book that always needed one of the major studios to take it on and do it justice.

The spider thing's a bit tricky. In the book, It isn't a spider, but that's all the kids/adults' minds can comprehend it to be. There's a scene in the book when the kids undertake some sort of old Indian ritual and end up having a vision of It arriving - falling from the sky to the earth. Open to interpretation what that meant, but I took it to be Satan being cast out of heaven. 'It' being an alien just felt a bit too meh.

I actually thought JBW played the part of Bill really well.

The remake looks like it could be really good, looking forward to it.

Салатные палочки

Can't wait. Not a fan of horror films but I loved IT when I was younger. Still have the VHS somewhere. Agree it looks a good remake.

My flat mate has a Pennywise tattoo. It's a belter.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Konrad von Carstein

The book is one of my all time favourites...this remake will hopefully do it justice.

Am going to have to get a copy of the book and re-read it.

J.T.F.Robertson

The book is one of my all time favourites...this remake will hopefully do it justice.

You can have mine. I bought it again a few months ago for the same reason.  :smug:

The book is fantastic. Quite heavy reading but excellent all the same.

Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't read it.

jambo-fletch

I remember when I saw a trailer for the original film when I was about 10 years old! Didn't sleep that night! Normally not a fan of horror remakes, but this looks good.

Archived