**** Official Match Thread - Heart of Midlothian vs Rangers v2.0 ***

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Same team as Saturday. Two teams with similar strengths and weaknesses.

2-2

Johnsen and Djoum

A combined 11 from both squads would feature more Hearts players imo.

Home win. Looking for an away win on 10 December for same reasons

Hopefully a fast pressing game from the start and a bouncing Tynecastle under the floodlights.

I'd be happy with the same lineup from v Motherwell. I thought Djoum, Walker, Cowie, Djoum and Johsen all linked up well and would most definitely cause the Rangers problems

Prince Buaben

Not seen any Paterson signing to rangers on a pre contract stories in the daily record yet.

Funnily enough if this is a game where we set up to counter the other team it's actually one where you would attack from the start.

Looking forward to this.

Jambof3tornado

Hopefully a fast pressing game from the start and a bouncing Tynecastle under the floodlights.

I'd be happy with the same lineup from v Motherwell. I thought Djoum, Walker, Cowie, Djoum and Johsen all linked up well and would most definitely cause the Rangers problems

No wonder djoum was my man of the match...there were 2 of him on the pitch!!!

No wonder djoum was my man of the match...there were 2 of him on the pitch!!!

Doh, I missed out Muirhead and wrote Djoum twice. Monday mornings...

Can see both teams trading wins in their respective home matches.

So 180 minutes played and a waste of time :lol:

Can see the same. Both teams are poor at the back although even then we're stronger. Positive for us is the number of goals we're scoring at the moment.

Really looking forward to the match, expecting the best Tynecastle atmosphere for a while.

Can see the same. Both teams are poor at the back although even then we're stronger. Positive for us is the number of goals we're scoring at the moment.

Really looking forward to the match, expecting the best Tynecastle atmosphere for a while.

I don't think we are poor at the back.

We just had a blip the last 4 games. Coinciding with Rherras being unfit and Rossi having a game out.

Before that we had the second best defence in the league.

Also we can't have everything. If the fans want the team to open up and be more attack minded then it is likely we will lose more goals.

A_A wehatethehibs

For some reason I feel this could be a crazy game, both teams dodgy at the back but able to score goals. Think we might see a 3-2 win for Hearts

Same team as Saturday. Two teams with similar strengths and weaknesses.

2-2

Johnsen and Djoum

Hard to disagree with that prediction. No doubt Robbie will shite it from them and play 8-1-1 Watt being our only front man with Walker in the middle.

I admit this a poor attempt at trolling but can anyone honestly say Robbie will pick a similar team to that of Saturday.

I don't think we are poor at the back.

We just had a blip the last 4 games. Coinciding with Rherras being unfit and Rossi having a game out.

Before that we had the second best defence in the league.

Also we can't have everything. If the fans want the team to open up and be more attack minded then it is likely we will lose more goals.

Yeah poor is probably wrong, poorest areas of both teams is probably correct though, at least in terms of current form for our lot. I'd say our centre backs are our most concerning area, probably just as Rangers' are, and a lot of the goals we've conceded recently can be attributed to defensive errors rather than great attacking play by the opposition. Having said that, we certainly cut the gifts down on Saturday, I can ivy think if one terrible Souttar pass in the first half just after MacDonald's dive IIRC which they probably should have capitalised from.

I think if we could find a Steven Pressley-type centre back in January we'd have what we need to finish 2nd.

Yeah poor is probably wrong, poorest areas of both teams is probably correct though, at least in terms of current form for our lot. I'd say our centre backs are our most concerning area, probably just as Rangers' are, and a lot of the goals we've conceded recently can be attributed to defensive errors rather than great attacking play by the opposition. Having said that, we certainly cut the gifts down on Saturday, I can ivy think if one terrible Souttar pass in the first half just after MacDonald's dive IIRC which they probably should have capitalised from.

I think if we could find a Steven Pressley-type centre back in January we'd have what we need to finish 2nd.

Don't disagree

IveSeenTheLight

Hoping you guys do the business against SevCo

Not bothered about the scoreline, but will watch the game hoping they get stuffed.

Despite being p!sh, they have only had 2 defeats in the league, with their last gasp winners and equalisers.

This is the start of their tough run and I truly hope Hearts give them their third defeat of the season.

Indeed, by the end of December, I hope they have been beaten by Aberdeen, Celtic and twice by Hearts. 4 games out of 7 against the top three from last year will hopefully put them where they belong.

It's possible they can also drop points to ICT, Hamilton and St Johnstone too.

Calrsberg month coming up if SevCo fail to win one game in December

this is the start of their tough run and I truly hope Hearts give them their third defeat of the season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bit of a watershed game this for me. Motherwell, has been a good fixture for us, this is different. I think we can and should win with home advantage. Rangers I have seen only twice, I thought they got a bad press in the League Cup semi, they got pinned back 2nd half but could easily have scored themselves. I thought they played Aberdeen off the park in the other one but their defensive frailty shone through.

I think Warburton therefore will play his more defensive team and try to sucker us. Djoum, Kitchen and Cowie play well again in that central triangle, we are going to win most games at Tynecastle, that is a unit. Walker and Johnsen are dangerous, hopefully young Robbie can play well again, he gave us valuable width and wicked delivery from set plays, the best I have seen at Hearts in eons.

2-1 Hearts, thriller. For all the hatred/slagging of the Govanites, I like the way they play, makes for a good game.

Probably my favourite fixture over the years. It's always been a good game and we usually beat them at Tynie. Play them twice in our next 3 so hypothetically it's probably worth more than the 6 points available. It's crucial we win imo. It would put us back in the mix for 2nd and put them under more pressure to win at Ibrox with that added bonus that we know we can beat them and they know we can beat them.

They aren't the same as they were, there is no fear factor like there was in the 90's. Their defence is shite, they are shocking at defending set plays, noth very quick either, their midfield is okay but lightweight and their only attacking outlet is still Kenny Miller who's about 37-38 year auld.

Hopefully we have turned a corner and rip them up for erse paper.

We_are_the_Hearts

Probably my favourite fixture over the years. It's always been a good game and we usually beat them at Tynie. Play them twice in our next 3 so hypothetically it's probably worth more than the 6 points available. It's crucial we win imo. It would put us back in the mix for 2nd and put them under more pressure to win at Ibrox with that added bonus that we know we can beat them and they know we can beat them.

They aren't the same as they were, there is no fear factor like there was in the 90's. Their defence is shite, they are shocking at defending set plays, noth very quick either, their midfield is okay but lightweight and their only attacking outlet is still Kenny Miller who's about 37-38 year auld.

Apart from the early 80s until Souness arrived I can't remember a time where we usually beat them at Tynie?

Apart from the early 80s until Souness arrived I can't remember a time where we usually beat them at Tynie?

They've only played us twice at Tynie, one win and a draw.

Think you're getting mixed up with the former Rangers. Since their reincarnation our record against them is pretty good.

Bazzas right boot

Rangers, from what I have seen do keep the ball well and play some nice stuff, seem to lack penetration. Most teams sit in against them and I think this game might suit both teams, both going for the win.

The are slow at the back, Johnson's movement will cause them trouble up top.

In the middle I think we will be too strong for them Djoum and Kitchen along with Cowie can over power what is a light weight midfield for them.

Our wingers can press their full backs and we can impose ourselves.

Need to sharpen up at defending set pieces or the likes of Clint Hill will get a  hatrick!

4-2 Hearts .

If we win this game we can get something from the other game.

Really is the acid test for not only Robbie, but the players. Djoum, Walker, Rossi etc all need to step up.

Bazzas right boot

We have a honking record against them ( old co)

But you are right, they are no better than a Aberdeen side nowadays, and we can set a marker .

Lincon Premier

What do they charge for a kids st upgrade to adult? Just been down and they charged full ticket price of ?26! I am disabled and struggled with the long walk to the TO and didn't think straight when she said the price, and just stuck my card in the slot. Only after the pain had settled I realised how much it cost or I would have questioned it at the time!  Having already paid kids price for the seat It's a bit much charging full price for an upgrade.

Rudolf's Mate

Before the Motherwell game I was genuinely concerned about this one. Having now seen the way the team performed as a whole I'm back to being excited about this with a genuine belief we'll turn them over!

Obviously factors will come into play such as team selection and formation however we go with Saturdays team and we should do well. This really is one that I hope Robbie looks at as 'just another game' and doesn't go with a different setup.

letsalldothebeattie

Saturday was massive for us going into Wednesday without a win 4 would have put us under massive pressure even if this is still a poor Rangers side. The win on Saturday gets the monkey off the back and we played well despite having to rely on Rherras & Souttar to stop 4 goals going in.

Every time I have seen Rangers this season in games on the tv they have been lucky to get away with the results they have got (outwith Celtic pumping & Aberdeen defeat) they don't have any real cutting edge going forward and I would like to think Souttar & Rossi can deal with old man Miller and the piss poor Joe Swash lookalike.

Same team and same performance as Saturday. Johnsen will have a field day against Wilson & whoever is partnered with him.

2-0 Hearts Johnsen & Walker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do they charge for a kids st upgrade to adult? Just been down and they charged full ticket price of ?26! I am disabled and struggled with the long walk to the TO and didn't think straight when she said the price, and just stuck my card in the slot. Only after the pain had settled I realised how much it cost or I would have questioned it at the time!  Having already paid kids price for the seat It's a bit much charging full price for an upgrade.

kids Season ticket works out about ?3 a match so if your tickets in platinum or even gold section that sounds about right , what with it being a Cat A game ??

Must win game really.

Big test for Robbie and the team.

Nothing but a win will do considering we have them at Ibrox soon.

Bazzas right boot

Just for the record, every league game isn't a "must" win.

Every game seems to be classed as a must win on here atm.

They are guff. 3-0 hearts. Nothing to fear from that mob these days. Partick seemed unlucky from the bits i heard on the radio at the weekend.

Bazzas right boot

Must play similar to Saturday, no fear , batter them.

I agree, but people need to remember us playing the same way doesn't equal a win, as the other teams won't play the same as Motherwell.

Fitba although simple, isn't that simple.

Lincon Premier

kids Season ticket works out about ?3 a match so if your tickets in platinum or even gold section that sounds about right , what with it being a Cat A game ??

Just checked the home page and u13 are ?10 with adult at ?26. Therefore I would have assumed the ticket would cost ?16 with maybe a ?1 or two admin costs. Being disabled every penny is a prisoner. Oh well not fit enough for the long walk back to the TO to complain so I suppose with the club benefiting I will just have to suck it up.

Need to keep the upper-hand in our fixtures against this club. 

Currently reads 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss. 3-1-1 after Wednesday night please.

Titles like that are only funny if we win. If we get beat then we will look pretty silly.

We don't do well in big games. Speculation about the managers job. I can't see us winning this if am honest. Draw.

Just for the record, every league game isn't a "must" win.

Every game seems to be classed as a must win on here atm.

Games v old squirm and the sheep are a must win imo. If we take points of them, then we could find ourselves in a strong position towards the end of the season as long as we don't drop silly points ourselves.

THE RANGERS first ever game at Tynecastle, this game will go down in history with THE RANGERS receiving a pumping similar to the celtic scoreline in the first OF game if the season.

The THE RANGERS fans will find it humiliating with it being their first ever game in such a daunting atmosphere under the castle floodlights and will then attempt to trash the capital city but will fail miserable as the wee brothers and sisters of the hearts casuals will wipe the floor with them and letting there bus tyres down.

3-2 us

Prince Buaben

THE RANGERS first ever game at Tynecastle, this game will go down in history with THE RANGERS receiving a pumping similar to the celtic scoreline in the first OF game if the season.

The THE RANGERS fans will find it humiliating with it being their first ever game in such a daunting atmosphere under the castle floodlights and will then attempt to trash the capital city but will fail miserable as the wee brothers and sisters of the hearts casuals will wipe the floor with them and letting there bus tyres down.

3-2 us

What about the 2-1 win and 2-2 Draw 2 seasons ago

What about the 2-1 win and 2-2 Draw 2 seasons ago

Ment to say in the big league. 2 seasons ago was inevitable when the league was finished at Christmas.

In other words 'ah ****ed that last post'

Thanks for making a mug of me though (banter)

Nelly Terraces

Neilson should have no part in our preparations. Either commit to us or go & speak to MKD soon as.

Hearts & our game v this mob are way more important than Robbie Neilsons future.

Stephen Muddie

What about the 2-1 win and 2-2 Draw 2 seasons ago

:laugh:

I'll drive him to Milton Keynes myself. **** the roundabouts, I'm game

BRAVEHEART1874

Djoum,walker, Johnsen or paterson with only the pensioner for them even with 4 mins of extra time for f all from their 12th man 3-1 da jambos :) The sevconians will actually start to realise if they don't already Halliday is pish in midfield far too lightweight and with forest or Mackay and holt they will be wishing they had Barton back ;)

Archived