RB Leipzig

Unknown user

Only signs young players and challenging at the top?

Stands for ok by me.

I think the problem would be one of trust. You would always have that nagging feeling that the traditions of the club would be ever so slowly eroded (slight changes to the strip, move to a new stadium etc), and it would just be a tiresome battle between those who want to win at any cost and those who would rather we did it on our own terms.

At least right now we can trust the owners to not mess with the club.

Would you still support them though? Or would you toddle off to the hobos

Genuine question

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I imagine I'd either be in mourning about the death of Hearts and give up on football, or support whatever team Hearts fans started.

I don't know anyone that would see it as a choice between Red Bull or Hibs!

I can see why people despise everything they stand for however they do seem to be doing a lot right. Take away all the gimmicky marketing PR pish and it's a model that many against would commend.

Just be grateful we don't live 100+ years from now because football has and will continue to change. Off the pitch, admin could be one of the greatest things to have ever happened to Hearts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:Agree:

john brownlee

Honestly?

If Red Bull Gorgie, founded 2017 and playing at the Red Bull Stadium in white and red win the league, you honestly wouldn't care that the name, history, colours and traditions of Hearts had been wiped out to get them there?

just do what newcohuns do. Nothing changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought Red Bull was majority owned by a Thai, and based in Austria? Are most of their sporting ventures not focused out of the US?

Indeed, a Thai with a son who killed a policeman and still hasn't been arrested years later btw. Proper billionaire, I'll trample on what I want, kind of stuff.

I find it hard to get worked up about this when we have the EPL on our doorstep. Similar has happened with Hull and Cardiff in recent years (nickname and colour changes). I wouldn't be happy if it happened to hearts but if it happens elsewhere I'm fairly non plussed about it.

If there was anything really upsetting about RB Leipzig I''m sure they wouldn't be getting 30000 turning up each week. Added to the points mentioned earlier about the way the club is being run I hope they do well.

The thing with Salzburg was completely misjudged but Red Bull is a largely American company and, with their franchised top league, I think they struggle to understand European fan mentality. I think they've learned their lesson which is why they plucked a team from obscurity in Germany.

Leipzig are officially the most hated pro club in Germany and have been met with protests and even been late to games because of blockades from fans.

30k+ might be turning up every fortnight but the rest of German football's going mental about them - there must be something really upsetting about them!

Son Of Anarchy

Screen-Shot-2016-10-23-at-220739.png

Not sure if this has been posted, the fans seem to have taken to Burke anyway.

Well done them :) Things like that'll help Burke.

Smithee is slightly confusing the debate by bringing up Salzburg. RB Leipzeig were a team not of any note, they've invested in the club and look to be doing it in a sustainable manner. How it's any different than Mercedes etc pumping millions into Bayern I don't know. Man City or RB doing well bothers me not a Jot it's like some people like knowing their place and think the same teams should be at the top.

By the way, I don't know much about bayern but you seem to know what you're talking about. 25% ownership is shared by Adidas, Allianz and Audi but the rest is owned by the actual sports club which has loads of different teams and thousands of members. What's the scale of Mercedes' investment, influence and involvement? Is it anything like Red Bull?

A_A wehatethehibs

Don't see what RB Leipzig "stand for" is any different to what older clubs like man city or Chelsea stand for with their new age of billionaire corporate owners.

I think the main difference is in Germany there is more of a movement against this corporate globalisation of football - it's still seen very much as a working class sport there. Even though behind the scenes corporate giants pump in millions. Also the fact that they got around the name rule by calling them "RacingBallsports" or whatever it is, R.B.

Shooter McGavin

I'm sure there is a short video documentary about the Red Bull takeover of Leipzig and I would be gutted if such a thing happened to Hearts. If I remember correctly most of the fans left and started a new club themselves.

I'm sure there is a short video documentary about the Red Bull takeover of Leipzig and I would be gutted if such a thing happened to Hearts. If I remember correctly most of the fans left and started a new club themselves.

I haven't seen it but pretty sure that'll be about the Salzburg one in Austria.

The team they took over in leipzig were a tiny amateur team

Shooter McGavin

I haven't seen it but pretty sure that'll be about the Salzburg one in Austria.

The team they took over in leipzig were a tiny amateur team

Ah yeah you're right

avhudtheteeshirt

Not sure if this is relevant to the discussion, but what if when we are under fans ownership and a billionaire came calling to buy us?

The fans could then see a way of cashing out and getting more than they put in back?

As the saying goes "money talks", what would happen if they offered to take us to another level?

I for one would like to think we kept the ownership to ourselves, but it is something to think about!

Not sure if this is relevant to the discussion, but what if when we are under fans ownership and a billionaire came calling to buy us?

The fans could then see a way of cashing out and getting more than they put in back?

As the saying goes "money talks", what would happen if they offered to take us to another level?

I for one would like to think we kept the ownership to ourselves, but it is something to think about!

Not sure how this would even work. I contribute to FoH, but pretty sure I'm not getting an ownership stake in anything in return. How would the "cashing out" process work?

Billionaire would buy FoH stake in the club (once it has acquired club from Budge)...then what? The FoH starts divvying up the proceeds based on what folk have donated? Given FoH would also be contributing to running costs, it would have to be a pretty generous offer from this hypothetical billionaire!

Don't see what RB Leipzig "stand for" is any different to what older clubs like man city or Chelsea stand for with their new age of billionaire corporate owners.

I think the main difference is in Germany there is more of a movement against this corporate globalisation of football - it's still seen very much as a working class sport there. Even though behind the scenes corporate giants pump in millions. Also the fact that they got around the name rule by calling them "RacingBallsports" or whatever it is, R.B.

Not convinced Chelsea's ownership really has a "corporate" angle.

A_A wehatethehibs

Not convinced Chelsea's ownership really has a "corporate" angle.

I doubt the shares are owned by abramovic himself, more likely one of his investment companies in the Cayman islands for tax avoidance purposes.

I doubt the shares are owned by abramovic himself, more likely one of his investment companies in the Cayman islands for tax avoidance purposes.

No idea. But not sure I see the parallels with what Red Bull has done, even if that is the case.

RB Leipzig are doing things the right way, in the wrong country.

Germany seems to be the one country in the world who aren't selling their soul for millions. The fans are doing all they can to stop their clubs following the ways of Europe's elite.

RB Leipzig are doing things the right way, in the wrong country.

Germany seems to be the one country in the world who aren't selling their soul for millions. The fans are doing all they can to stop their clubs following the ways of Europe's elite.

:Agree:

I am a bit torn on this one: on one hand I think they are a breath of fresh air for German football, whereas on the other I get that they are a manufactured club, with little history or fanbase, simply a company to bankroll them.

Their attitude towards football seems excellent, with the signing policy etc but I naturally dislike small clubs being bankrolled into a false position of power and success.

People posted earlier that they wouldnt care if this happened to Hearts - I cannot relate to that at all. If the name/colours were changed then that would be a step too far for me, the stadium a litttle less so, as many major clubs have moved. 

Bazzas right boot

Honestly?

If Red Bull Gorgie, founded 2017 and playing at the Red Bull Stadium in white and red win the league, you honestly wouldn't care that the name, history, colours and traditions of Hearts had been wiped out to get them there?

It's not ideal, I wouldn't be over the moon, but in 30 years if we're playing in front of 45k fans and had won the league 20 times, no one would be caring.

Would hit us now pretty hard, but a few generations down the line it's quite literally history.

Bazzas right boot

I am a bit torn on this one: on one hand I think they are a breath of fresh air for German football, whereas on the other I get that they are a manufactured club, with little history or fanbase, simply a company to bankroll them.

Their attitude towards football seems excellent, with the signing policy etc but I naturally dislike small clubs being bankrolled into a false position of power and success.

People posted earlier that they wouldnt care if this happened to Hearts - I cannot relate to that at all. If the name/colours were changed then that would be a step too far for me, the stadium a litttle less so, as many major clubs have moved.

Yeah, changing names and colour's is hard to accept, I agree.

For it to succeed , it really needs to be looked at long term, as short term it's just, well a bit shitty and feels like the heart and soul of the club is being ripped apart.

It's not ideal, I wouldn't be over the moon, but in 30 years if we're playing in front of 45k fans and had won the league 20 times, no one would be caring.

Would hit us now pretty hard, but a few generations down the line it's quite literally history.

You wouldn't be over the moon of Hearts died and were replaced by Red Bull Gorgie, but it would be worth it for success?

No ta mate

Bazzas right boot

You wouldn't be over the moon of Hearts died and were replaced by Red Bull Gorgie, but it would be worth it for success?

No ta mate

Think in 30/40/50years time no one would care.

Be shitty for us, now.

Think in 30/40/50years time no one would care.

Be shitty for us, now.

We're talking about how we feel about it, not how some imaginary people in half a century might feel!

It astonishes me that a Hearts fan can say "If it meant winning the league I wouldn't care how it came about" in relation to this

Bazzas right boot

We're talking about how we feel about it, not how some imaginary people in half a century might feel!

It astonishes me that a Hearts fan can say "If it meant winning the league I wouldn't care how it came about" in relation to this

Part of how I feel about things now is influenced how I think it may be perceived in the future.short term v long term, etc.

Not that left field?

Part of how I feel about things now is influenced how I think it may be perceived in the future.short term v long term, etc.

Not that left field?

But you said YOU wouldn't care how it came about

Bazzas right boot

But you said YOU wouldn't care how it came about

I lied. I'd care a little at the time, but if we won the league I wouldn't be caring then.

I lied. I'd care a little at the time, but if we won the league I wouldn't be caring then.

We who? Red Bull Gorgie?

I would never see them as We - I cannot relate to this viewpoint at all!

Bazzas right boot

We who? Red Bull Gorgie?

I would never see them as We - I cannot relate to this viewpoint at all!

Fair enough, it isn't great, and isn't my first option for us.

Red Bull, and the advancement thereof

Like White Lighning Celtic or Hypodermic Hibernian you mean? I preferred Lockomotive Leipzig....

Red Bull had Saltzburg going ok for a while, they are shite again. Red Bull is just a soft drug.

Not for Hearts this sort of thing, I mean we might get somewhere, and we can't have that!

Just let the supporters build the new stand and anything else the " Governance" wants and keep pledging ad infinitum?

And they call Aberdeen sheep....

One day the penny will drop that a proper World class sponsor could be attracted given the inherent saleability of the institution and Edinburgh. Not with the current regime however.

Like White Lighning Celtic or Hypodermic Hibernian you mean? I preferred Lockomotive Leipzig....

Red Bull had Saltzburg going ok for a while, they are shite again. Red Bull is just a soft drug.

Not for Hearts this sort of thing, I mean we might get somewhere, and we can't have that!

Just let the supporters build the new stand and anything else the " Governance" wants and keep pledging ad infinitum?

And they call Aberdeen sheep....

One day the penny will drop that a proper World class sponsor could be attracted given the inherent saleability of the institution and Edinburgh. Not with the current regime however.

Ah well, that's that then.

Archived