Sam was tired.........

Clerry Jambo

He was probably thinking, **** sake why punt Billy King out on loan while I'm toiling when he could have been here playing instead of me.

Or he may have been thinking, **** sake wish the gaffer hadn't finally given in to Billy King's repeated demands to be sent out on loan. Wish Billy would just be happy getting 25 minutes a week.

Then you have this.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/triathlon/37402716

I mean, surely an elite athlete body wouldn't get drained? Surely not?

and....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016-proud-andy-murray-admits-to-emotionally-and-physically-draining-olympics-experience-a7192361.html

Surely not? Another elite level athlete saying he is physically drained? Shocking, should do a shift labouring down a construction site and see if he complains about being tired the

this time I am lost for words

There is a reason very few players can continue playing at a high level after 35. Their bodies have been utterly abused by that point. I mean, just look at this stat;

That is a gigantic red flag that players are absolutely abusing their bodies physically.

spot on , but only to the more intelligent fans on here , no matter what you put on here there will be ones that just don't get it and will take great joy in writing utter garbage thinking they are making a valid point

agreed it's not an exact science and I don't expect Robbie to get everything right, absolutely far from it, but it's hardly crystal ball stuff that a young flair player will get tired/ go off the ball and might need taken out the team....

Maybe in some instances, taking the player out the team is the best option, but in other instances it may be best to get them to play through it..?

As was said before, it's not an exact science, and there won't be a "one size fits all" answer when young players dip like this.

Maybe in some instances, taking the player out the team is the best option, but in other instances it may be best to get them to play through it..?

As was said before, it's not an exact science, and there won't be a "one size fits all" answer when young players dip like this.

Yes correct but when the weeks turn to months and no improvement and a further decline in form with help is poor management in afraid . The case with Sam

Do you put 100% solid effort into every shift you do that is physical?

If so, don't bother saving for your retirement, you probably won't even see 60.

Too late pal, I am already past that and still going strong, and yes I have a much more demanding job than a Footballer.

Too late pal, I am already past that and still going strong, and yes I have a much more demanding job than a Footballer.

of course you do you are amazing 

I don't think it's asking too much, in this day of hitech training regimes to have an athlete prepared to peak once or sometimes twice a week for 90 minutes.

Yes he can't be expected to do it for 40 odd straight occasions in 10 months, but that is what building a squad is all about. Out of 20 odd first team footballers we ought to be able to field 11 at 100% or close to it every week.

Producing a 'tired' young player for weeks at a time and still playing him week in week out. That's a management\training fault IMO.

This article would make me question his mental toughness to go much higher in the game. He is defo looking a lot better for us though and easily our best player on Saturday.

To go down in form and come back with the enthusiasm and skill he's showing just now is a sign of mental strength.

Keep the right attitude!   Handle the games when it doesn't come off without letting it drag you down, and he'll do fine.

I don't think it's asking too much, in this day of hitech training regimes to have an athlete prepared to peak once or sometimes twice a week for 90 minutes.

Yes he can't be expected to do it for 40 odd straight occasions in 10 months, but that is what building a squad is all about. Out of 20 odd first team footballers we ought to be able to field 11 at 100% or close to it every week.

Producing a 'tired' young player for weeks at a time and still playing him week in week out. That's a management\training fault IMO.

Burnout is something that I've heard coaches talk about over the years with regard to young players. Sam should have been protected a bit more but at the end of the day he's come through it and looks back to his best. Hopefully the experience will make him stronger.

Funny how we never hear of rangers and celtic players complaining they are tired. Not only do we have mentally weak players - we appear to have mentally weak minded fans.

And folk wonder why we cannot challenge the old firm..............

gorgie rd eh11

Funny how we never hear of rangers and celtic players complaining they are tired. Not only do we have mentally weak players - we appear to have mentally weak minded fans.

Aye moaning your a**e off about absolutely everything on the internet definitely helps you challenge the old firm.

:turned:

I think today's footballers are soft people like law,best and Charlton did not say boss i need a rest, But no wonder today's footballers crumble after retiring they are treated like babies they should work 40 hours a week then maybe they would be tired.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Him being "tired" doesn't mean he needs an early night. These guys have to be fit because their bodies are subjected to high intensity, physically demanding activity on a regular basis - eventually, that's going to lead to muscle and mental fatigue, not to mention strain on joints and ligaments. More so in younger players. Of course that's going to affect performance, even before taking in to account that at 18,19,20 they won't be fully developed yet either. Being "at it" and sharp constantly just isn't going to happen.

Camparing those physical demands to 40 hours a week in an "every day job" is a nonsense of comparison to make.

Do the OF play young players every week? I can't think of many that have. Normally in and out the side when they first breakthrough.

Can't understand this tired patter , if your playing with an injury then that's a different matter .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't understand this tired patter , if your playing with an injury then that's a different matter .

you can't understand because you don't understand football ,it is as simple as that when looking at your daft comment Ask any professional player or someone unlike you ,who is in the game or has any knowledge of the game, again unlike you and they will 100% know what Sam is on about , it was clear to most fans will any knowledge of football that Sam was struggling at the latter part of last season BUT HE STILL RAN HIS HEART OUT and most fans could see that..

New Scotland Under-21 coach Scot Gemmill will bring in a host of new players to his squad for the remaining Euro qualifiers against Iceland and Macedonia, replacing Sam Nicholson, Jason Cummings, Ryan Christie, Ryan Gauld and , these were the experienced players in the squad that failed to reach the finals under Ricky Sbragia

New Scotland Under-21 coach Scot Gemmill will bring in a host of new players to his squad for the remaining Euro qualifiers against Iceland and Macedonia, replacing Sam Nicholson, Jason Cummings, Ryan Christie, Ryan Gauld and , these were the experienced players in the squad that failed to reach the finals under Ricky Sbragia

Can't argue with that!!

We_are_the_Hearts

Good. They had their chance but failed.Never know if the next batch are better unless you try them

willie wallace

New Scotland Under-21 coach Scot Gemmill will bring in a host of new players to his squad for the remaining Euro qualifiers against Iceland and Macedonia, replacing Sam Nicholson, Jason Cummings, Ryan Christie, Ryan Gauld and , these were the experienced players in the squad that failed to reach the finals under Ricky Sbragia

He said on the radio tonight that he would not select any players who would be too old to play in the next tournament.

Makes sense.

willie wallace, on 27 Sept 2016 - 9:43 PM, said:

He said on the radio tonight that he would not select any players who would be too old to play in the next tournament.

Makes sense.

:2thumbsup:

you can't understand because you don't understand football ,it is as simple as that when looking at your daft comment Ask any professional player or someone unlike you ,who is in the game or has any knowledge of the game, again unlike you and they will 100% know what Sam is on about , it was clear to most fans will any knowledge of football that Sam was struggling at the latter part of last season BUT HE STILL RAN HIS HEART OUT and most fans could see that..

You perhaps need anger management sessions, but that's for you to decide .

My point is that professional players shouldn't feel tired . If they play with an injury , I can understand poor performances etc.

I can only apologise for my total lack of understanding and also commenting when I am not a professional football player

And your personal knowledge of professional football is based on what exactly?

I played professional football , if you are going to make a comment at least know what you are talking about, ''YOU DON'T''

You perhaps need anger management sessions, but that's for you to decide .

My point is that professional players shouldn't feel tired . If they play with an injury , I can understand poor performances etc.

I can only apologise for my total lack of understanding and also commenting when I am not a professional football player

Not angry at all just amazed that you don't think footballers should get tired, at least you have apologized so no harm done

I played professional football , if you are going to make a comment at least know what you are talking about, ''YOU DON'T''

I didn't make a comment - I only asked what your knowledge of professional football was.

Who did you play for as a matter of interest?

I didn't make a comment - I only asked what your knowledge of professional football was.

Who did you play for as a matter of interest?

Not going to mention the teams I played for but I played in the old first division with and agianst some exceptional players, coached for a while afterwards , stopped coaching around 5 years ago

Archived