Celtic Ref

dunciboyjambo

If anyone is watching Celtic game watch how the ref performs, my mate knows him from uni and is a massive Celtic fan.

Luscious Laryea

If anyone is watching Celtic game watch how the ref performs, my mate knows him from uni and is a massive Celtic fan.

Seems the ref is too, just made a disgraceful decision to not red card Sviatchenko

Jambof3tornado

Sorry that's what I meant, the ref is a massive Celtic fan.

Clearly.

Corrupt to the core.

No decision at one end and celtic score shortly after.

Only surprise is he has booked scott brown.

...a bit disco

Blatant tug by gamboa......not even spoken too. We've had numerous yellows for the same.

:oohmatron:

Just seen it on replay and the ICT player is clear through on goal with the Celtic defender behind him. However the BBC reported it like this...

93adf6dbec2a4a03790c11361e16fd14.jpg

:wow:

Lincon Premier

The ref is a blatant cheat. No other words for what he did. IF he thought it wasn't a foul he should have booked him for diving. Red card and a stone wall penalty. Is it any wonder the Glasgow teams keep a settled squad and win games.

Time for teams to be able to question decisions and refs to be demoted. 

Jambof3tornado

The ref is a blatant cheat. No other words for what he did. IF he thought it wasn't a foul he should have booked him for diving. Red card and a stone wall penalty. Is it any wonder the Glasgow teams keep a settled squad and win games.

Outside the box so free kick and red. Lets see if anyone makes a big deal of it.

ming the merciless

Agreed. Blatant, blatant cheating.

Gives Celtic advantage and 2 or 3 passes later they lose it and he blows for a foul... shocking. What's the actual point in the wee teams showing up?

Celtic fans with whistles. There are loads of them nowadays. They used to moan about bias against them, it's turned full circle.

Shooter McGavin

I sometimes just think to myself, whats the point? Why do clubs even field a team against celtic? Refs are just complete s********

Dunno why I get angry about refs favouring Celtic as its went on for as long as I can remember. You just know if it's at the other end its a pen and a red card every time.

I'm pretty sure in England and some other countries if you show allegiance to a certain team you are exempt from Reffing their games.

Not up here though! if that were a rule you'd find all these refs admitting to supporting east Stirling and Gala fairydean!!.

I think our refs are a disgraceful bunch of cheating spineless pricks!!

The sooner they go on strike again the better.

The Icelandic refs were much better.

Absolute stonewall foul and stick on red card.

Had that been Sinclair at the other end, they probably would have chucked in a penalty too.

Just seen it on replay and the ICT player is clear through on goal with the Celtic defender behind him. However the BBC reported it like this...

93adf6dbec2a4a03790c11361e16fd14.jpg

:wow:

How on earth could Draper have moved towards the Celtic player when the defender was running behind him.

Draper would have had to stop and start running backwards for that to happen.

They just refuse to admit that Celtic and the Refs are just a shower of cheats.

Lincon Premier

Outside the box so free kick and red. Lets see if anyone makes a big deal of it.

The foul was on the line and continued into the box. BT sport's retired ref said it was a penalty but either way you are right a straight red card along with a straight red for deliberate hand ball at the end by Dembele. We need to clear up our game and the GFA head in the sand ( our ref's are corruption free ) attitude needs changed.

The foul was on the line and continued into the box. BT sport's retired ref said it was a penalty but either way you are right a straight red card along with a straight red for deliberate hand ball at the end by Dembele. We need to clear up our game and the GFA head in the sand ( our ref's are corruption free ) attitude needs changed.

Dembele would have been a yellow not a red. It is not a straight red for hand ball unless it is a goal scoring opportunity and even that may have changed with the new rules of triple jeopardy.

luckyBatistuta

Just watched the highlights on the bbc web page. A stonewall foul and Liam McLeod says 'it's a difficult one'...wtf!!! I didn't see a hand ball by Dembele...not sure if I just missed it. When was it???

From that day when Broonaldo came out and named Walker a cheat was the day that blatancy and transparency of cheating and bias came acceptable within our game.

Why did Griffiths not receive any punishments or a two game ban like Walker did? when he was booked for diving in Celtics next game just after Scot Browns antics involving Walker. No need to be 100% up with the law to understand that was a blatant bias towards Celtic. To suggest that there are none or never has been old form bias is for me anyway incorrect. People attend games and everyone has different levels of observation abilities but there have been many strange and dubious decision making from refs.Willie Collum has been beyond bad in his games involving Hearts . For my part anyway there just have been too many dubious decisions from officials for it to be blamed entirely on the influence of the crowd and managers and basic human error. Players need to know that to wilfully con the ref comes with match bands and fines for their clubs. The inconsistency goes well beyond match officials in regards to Walker receiving a two game ban and Griffins receiving none. indeed it seems to emanate from the top, that is my take on it. That Scott Brown affair with Walker then Griffiths receiving no punishment for also diving is total inconsistency, its a prime example of bias. In fact it was so transparent that the media body severed it.If a law is in place to punish a player with a two game ban for simulation/diving and it then is not implemented like in Griffiths case then how is the ordinary punter who has less understanding with the laws supposed to react.Of course the punter is going to suggest that cheating or indeed bias is rife within Scottish football in some degree no matter how small or trivial some try to make it out. Is there a fine line between bias and cheating?? Agree to disagree yes but at the end of the day Walkers punishment and Griffiths exemption of any goes beyond crap refs and fans influencing refs decisions..

Could not believe the absolute pish spouted by Nevin on this incident.

They showed a still photo and he was claiming Draper stretched his leg out to make contact with the Celtic player - he was stretching his leg out to make contact with the ball FFS!!

Even this early in the season I am totally sickened by the OF bias engrained in our media!!

They showed a still photo and he was claiming Draper stretched his leg out to make contact with the Celtic player - he was stretching his leg out to make contact with the ball FFS!!

Even this early in the season I am totally sickened by the OF bias engrained in our media!!

Even our sport pundits are fecking half baked, embarrassing and beyond any normal thinking mind set.

Get foreign  refs in, there should be a compliance officer investigation refs decisions  or at least making them accountable for them.

Mind you what do you expect from a slavering Hibs supporting Ex Celtic player an unbiased opinion???

Mind you what do you expect from a slavering Hibs supporting Ex Celtic player an unbiased opinion???

Nevin played for Celtic?

Nevin played for Celtic?

Dont think he did.

In a 20-year career, Nevin played for Clyde, Chelsea, Everton, Tranmere Rovers, Kilmarnock and Motherwell as a winger.

Seymour M Hersh

Tell me, 

Has a Scottish ref ever been sacked ?

Maybe. We put in a strong complaint against one back in the Mercer days (at least i think it was his reign) after playing guess who funnily enough at Parkhead. Was never seen again iirc. Can't remember his name though.

Maybe. We put in a strong complaint against one back in the Mercer days (at least i think it was his reign) after playing guess who funnily enough at Parkhead. Was never seen again iirc. Can't remember his name though.

Kevin O'Donnell. I was at that game and his performance was diabolical. It was a midweek match iirc.

Kevin O'Donnell. I was at that game and his performance was diabolocal. It was a midweek match iirc.

Took bias to a new level. Wouldn't even give us a throw in!

Archived