David Templeton and Nicky Law released

Dr. Bapswent

tartofmidlothian

Somebody posted on a Tesco forum this morning asking if those 2 could do a job and the Tesco Mods deleted it ...

They'd be better off shopping around for other players.

SpikeDudley

Nicky Clark is being released? I think he would be a decent squad player.

Nicky Clark is one of the reasons that Hibs won the cup. The other being Dean Shiels.

Two calamitous subs by Rangers.

Nelly Terraces

Championship level cast offs? Nah yer OK thanks.

H1b5 might take them though.

Watt-Zeefuik

Law bouncing off of Zeefuik. :verysmug:

Thanks for the memories, Nicky.

IF we are to mount a serious challenge for the title we need to be aiming higher than this type of player. 

Lincon Premier

Always like wee Temps, but I don't think he is good enough now. Wasted a promising career by going there, but where money is involved you can't really blame players for grabbing it. Think we should be looking at player who were his age when he left.

Give Temps a 3 month contract, giving him a beasting in pre season training to see if his body is still at the required level. Triple sessions and all that.

Try him out in a few friendly games to see where he's at. Nothing to lose.

Defo has the ability, hate to see a relatively young man who had so much promise thrown on the scrap heap.

Son Of Anarchy

Give Temps a 3 month contract, giving him a beasting in pre season training to see if his body is still at the required level. Triple sessions and all that.

Defo has the ability, hate to see a relatively young man who had so much promise thrown on the scrap heap.

Eh naw, we'd kill the guy ffs.

alicante jambo

The 3rd hibs goal was caused by nicky clark mucking about with the ball and making no effort to chase back.No way

he's shite man we would be better way his da coming back

David Templeton wasn't good enough for Hearts when we sold him for ?800k.  And I'd be awfy awfy surprised if the laddie's got any better!!!

ChunkyCharlie

Not looked at the thread... However i hope nobody has suggested Templeton could do a job. It is JKB tho.

ChunkyCharlie

David Templeton wasn't good enough for Hearts when we sold him for ?800k. And I'd be awfy awfy surprised if the laddie's got any better!!!

You really do spraff some mince!! After all you're named after a vibrator.

Nicky Clark is one of the reasons that Hibs won the cup. The other being Dean Shiels.

Two calamitous subs by Rangers.

Have we actually heard from Warburton since the final? And also why did they only name 5 subs?

I think Nicky Law is decent. Always played well against us when at Motherwell I recall. But I hope we are aiming higher.

You really do spraff some mince!! After all you're named after a vibrator.

Other than a 9/10 game run when he did very well and a shit which the Liverpool goalie fumbled into the net, what did Temps do for us.  Nothing against the lad, but he was vastly overrated.  One trick pony.  We robbed Rangers there.  And gladly so.

...a bit disco

Other than a 9/10 game run when he did very well and a shit which the Liverpool goalie fumbled into the net, what did Temps do for us.  Nothing against the lad, but he was vastly overrated.  One trick pony.  We robbed Rangers there.  And gladly so.

Don't mean to be a grammar Nazi but this one tickled me.

:lol:

Don't mean to be a grammar Nazi but this one tickled me.

:lol:

Never fumbled a poo into a net?  Never fished in The Esk then!

...a bit disco

Never fumbled a poo into a net?  Never fished in The Esk then!

Can't say I've had the pleasure.

Now, the Union Canal on the other hand...

John Findlay

I take it that's their we spell in Shotts prison ended?

Pans Jambo

The fact is that they would have been good for us 2 seasons ago but Hearts are much better than them now.

Have we actually heard from Warburton since the final? And also why did they only name 5 subs?

I think Nicky Law is decent. Always played well against us when at Motherwell I recall. But I hope we are aiming higher.

The written and broadcasting media love the Baker. Some of his fourth raters were shown up on Saturday.

If I saw the prick in the street I'd fill him in for the fecking misery he's caused me since Saturday

bajthejambo

Hibs will go in for both no doubt. They took two from ourselves and one from Rangers last Season.

upgotheheads

Be interesting to see what level Templeton ends up at, how to ruin your career in one move.

Not really. He made at least a million out of Sevco which should set him up handsomely if used wisely. He was recruited by McCoist remember.

He'll end up with Ayr United if he's lucky.

Francis Albert

Law looked decent when he was at Motherwell. Don't think he has ever been properly until used at Sevco.

Temps looked decent when he was at Hearts, Don't think he has ever ...etc.

JudyJudyJudy

I recall Temps being an exciting young prospect and then he went to Rangers and it all fell apart really.  Unsure what happened there. Maybe he needs to hit rock bottom and then begin  the journey upwards again?  Fairly sad tale in some respects and a cautionary tale for other young players...Cummins et al. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Honestly Temps could do worse than go sign for Locke at Raith and put himself together again.  At the moment he's not our standard.

Templeton and Raith Rovers seem like a perfect fit. As for giving a free agent a three-month contract to see if they are fit enough :lol:

It should have been ten

No ta.

If they're no good enough for Sevco, then they're no good enough for us!

Would take both of them in a heartbeat...different club, different environment, less pressure.

Would take both of them in a heartbeat...different club, different environment, less pressure.

jambo-rocker

Could absolutely see Nicky Law going to Aberdeen. They've been lacking a tough tackling arsehole in the middle of the park since Flood went off the boil.

Arthur Morgan

Don't do drugs kids!

Templeton is a classic example of attitude over talent.  What an empty heid waste.

Hagar the Horrible

I think King has went backwards at Rangers, and you could argue so has Wallace, lets face it 4 years against lower league standards has not been a stern test, if he went down south, no question for me he would be a far better player. 

I think King has went backwards at Rangers, and you could argue so has Wallace, lets face it 4 years against lower league standards has not been a stern test, if he went down south, no question for me he would be a far better player. 

Robbie says King is coming back a better player...........

Other than a 9/10 game run when he did very well and a shit which the Liverpool goalie fumbled into the net, what did Temps do for us. Nothing against the lad, but he was vastly overrated. One trick pony. We robbed Rangers there. And gladly so.

His form in that run under JJ (was it 13 games unbeaten?) was a very big contributor to us finishing 3rd that season and then playing Spurs. He won us a few games single-handed too with some very important and classy goals / assists.

(Please correct my figures if need be....utilising the deteriorating memory a bit here plus a few beers in).

His form in that run under JJ (was it 13 games unbeaten?) was a very big contributor to us finishing 3rd that season and then playing Spurs. He won us a few games single-handed too with some very important and classy goals / assists.

(Please correct my figures if need be....utilising the deteriorating memory a bit here plus a few beers in).

:jjyay:

Bazzas right boot

Question for those who think he made the wrong career move by signing for Rangers- given he's not managed to cut it in the lower league in Scotland (for whatever reason), what should he have done instead? Would staying at Hearts or waiting for a transfer opportunity elsewhere (which may never have appeared) led to him developing into a better player?

Genuine question..,

Good point.

He might have stalled at Hearts then been let go.

However, there is a lot pf Scottish talent that stalls at an early age as they are left to rot in England or the OF.

Christie, Allan are two that spring to mind currently that look like they will follow that fate.

Templeton should be set up for life and lead a comfortable life, maybe that's all he wanted.

Archived