Hamilton in disguise

HMFC 86

That's what St Johnstone were today. A nasty narky team.

Make no mistake, we were poor all game and deserved nothing, but all the niggly fouls from them were not punished. Flopping down for any contact, pushes/nudges as the ball is coming in, all over the backs of our players, Anderson trying to get Djoum sent off for a non existent elbow, Davidson fouling with impunity and time wasting all game.

Part of this is obviously Thomson who seemed resistant to giving us any free kicks. We all know Juanma likes to go down easy, but he was not getting any decisions at all when he was being fouled.

Carrick1874

That's what St Johnstone were today. A nasty narky team.

Make no mistake, we were poor all game and deserved nothing, but all the niggly fouls from them were not punished. Flopping down for any contact, pushes/nudges as the ball is coming in, all over the backs of our players, Anderson trying to get Djoum sent off for a non existent elbow, Davidson fouling with impunity and time wasting all game.

Part of this is obviously Thomson who seemed resistant to giving us any free kicks. We all know Juanma likes to go down easy, but he was not getting any decisions at all when he was being fouled.

Stop right there, you're looking for excuses when it's down to the fact all over the pitch we were pish, end of.

For the hard of reading I AM NOT BLAMING REF FOR DEFEAT, , just asking how Davidson escaped a booking?

Thomson didn't even seem to have a word with him, a ghost like Jim Goodwin was

If I was a St Johnstone fan or anyone involved with them I'd be bloody delighted with what I witnessed. Come to Tynecastle and thrash Hearts in front of 16,000 of our fans with their resources is nothing short of superb. They have no obligation to sit off us and pussy foot about. Thats 6 goals they have scored at our ground this season. We have stabilized this season but frankly ICT winning the Scottish Cup, Ross County the league cup and performances like this from St Johnstone show we should be doing better next season given how much bigger a club we are than all of them. Today was unacceptable again despite the fact we have little to play for. 

What it did highlight again for me is just how far off we are from a REAL league challenge. All the fantasists in maroon who think we are close are deluding themselves. An awful Celtic team will still win the league with miles to spare (and still 2 games against us that they would traditionally win if required) and will never be as bad again next season with Rangers back in the fray. We will have to improve monumentally and show consistency we have got nowhere near to have any chance. that will mean a number of significant decisions and signings that more importantly work straightaway.

Stop right there, you're looking for excuses when it's down to the fact all over the pitch we were pish, end of.

You want to read my post again? We were poor and deserved nothing, doesn't mean that saints didn't get away with a lot and that Thomson wasn't poor

Rudolf's Mate

:vrface:

Augustyn went through the back of countless STJ players. I dare say their fans are scratching their heads how he wasn't sent off before being subbed.

Granted he wasn't the only one but he was the worst offender.

Central Belt 1874

For the hard of reading I AM NOT BLAMING REF FOR DEFEAT, , just asking how Davidson escaped a booking?

Cant stand watching murray davidson against us, but he could be a great addition alongside djoum in midfield.

To the OP see if we ever harbour ambitions to win the league games like today when the other team are sneaky niggly dirty whatever these are the games you stand up in and say OK bring it on.

torino calcio

They made a mockery of the idea that we are a big physical team.  They out muscled us throughout the game, albeit some of their challenges were a bit dodgy.  

Better than us all over the park and could have scored more. Juanma can just **** off. Rolling about like a lassie holding his face. No-one is buying it and I think refs now hold it against him. They went down easy but that's what teams do against us now. It's all part of the "big physical Hearts" thing. If our "strikers" actually tried to win a ball rather than fouling the opposition I'd say you had a point.

Thompson was dreadful but we were worse.

I have read your posts for many years now.

What you have said here is spot on.

Hearts were awful today but we will, as usual, bounce back.

Hibs :rofl:

They are into 4th with todays result and on target for 5 top 6 finishes in succession which for a club of their resources and piss poor home crowds would be a remarkable achievement.

Dagger Is Back

Better than us all over the park and could have scored more. Juanma can just **** off. Rolling about like a lassie holding his face. No-one is buying it and I think refs now hold it against him. They went down easy but that's what teams do against us now. It's all part of the "big physical Hearts" thing. If our "strikers" actually tried to win a ball rather than fouling the opposition I'd say you had a point.

I'm with you. Juanma looks for the foul first and then the ball.

Jambo 4 Ever

Juamna is a bit of a liability really. Falls down at anything and isn't even that good!

Davidson should have been booked but I didn't think St Johnstone were particularly dirty.

Nothing like Hamilton.

Archived