No Cowie Thread?

Beast Boy

Was looking forward to reading about how people can't understand why we signed him. Good game?

Played very very well. Some really good driving runs to the bye line with a cross to match. Unlucky not to score. Corners apart from one very testing the Dundee defence. He has certainly shut the critics up.

Today told me that Cowie is not a defensive midfielder. He was fantastic and has incredible energy. More of the same next week please.

He's the experienced player in the middle we were missing who could really pull the strings and read the game. Fantastic signing.

We not swapping him for Skacel this week then? :D

Glad he's doing well, though not even a little bit surprised.

Today told me that Cowie is not a defensive midfielder.

Who told you he was a defensive midfielder? 

A herd of pant-wetting lunatics on here would be my guess. :thumbsup:

Cowie was outstanding today. Provided the energy that's been missing. Box to box and right to left today, all over the pitch. Hopefully his engine lasts another couple of years.

There should be one for the fact he is a very very good player

Good to hear. I was not there today. :thumbsup:

I would suggest though, that there should never have been the ridiculous ones ripping in to him in the first place.

Nobody told me that. But that's what I assumed he was meant to be given where he was being utilised. Anyway, he was a real driving force going forward today and plays delightful balls into the box. I've mentioned this on other threads, but his energy and fitness today were incredible.

Perhaps he just needed to gain some match fitness.

Nobody told me that. But that's what I assumed he was meant to be given where he was being utilised. Anyway, he was a real driving force going forward today and plays delightful balls into the box. I've mentioned this on other threads, but his energy and fitness today were incredible.

Perhaps he just needed to gain some match fitness.

This is the whole point though. How many times does it have to happen before people stop writing players off as shite after one or two games, it's ****ing madness. Lost count of how many times its happened in the last two seasons alone. Can people not just wait a few games before losing their shit? :lol:

This is the whole point though. How many times does it have to happen before people stop writing players off as shite after one or two games, it's ******* madness. Lost count of how many times its happened in the last two seasons alone. Can people not just wait a few games before losing their shit? :lol:

Not just new signings.

Also when players are carrying an injury or have come back from injury.

Straight in the dustbin if they aren't MOTM first game back.

This is the whole point though. How many times does it have to happen before people stop writing players off as shite after one or two games, it's ******* madness. Lost count of how many times its happened in the last two seasons alone. Can people not just wait a few games before losing their shit? :lol:

I've not lost my shit over Cowie or written him off. I have been far from impressed in several matches which I think is fair to express.

Cowie hasn't played a bad game for us. Thought he was magic against Partick.

Utd away he was terrible.

He may have up and down days, regardless of our club's brilliant and hard training. 

Consistency and he will be very decent

Said when he signed he would be a great signing. Great energy and he Is a quality passer of the ball.

Today he looked quite speedy as well. It looks like he isn't running fast but he's deceptively quick. Thoroughly impressive performance.

An awful lot of football fans don't understand an awful lot about football.

They are an awful lot.

Fans of football with an understanding of football know that Cowie is a very good player. Good players have good, bad and average games. Anyone who thinks they have the knowledge or right to make a judgement on a player before they've had at least a handful of games in a new team of people they've not played with before is more to be pitied than to be scorned.

Not just new signings.

Also when players are carrying an injury or have come back from injury.

Straight in the dustbin if they aren't MOTM first game back.

:spoton:

I've been banging that particular drum for ages as well. Of our current squad this stupid habit has applied to (injury and new arrivals):

Buaben

?zt?rk

Cowie

Juanma

Djoum

Reilly

Nicholson

Augustyn

McGhee

Alexander

Dauda

It's ****ing madness. :rofl:

Arseholes being arseholes and writing a player off before he has had a chance.

Same JKB regulars who foam are all backtracking or not commentating.

I would suggest that the hystericals writing off Cowie have recently become interested in light aircraft aviation.

I think worst culprit by some distance is no longer on here. No doubt Pie and Bovril are currently experiencing a huge energy surge from all the posters pressing the ignore button.

I have expressed a desire to see a centre midfield of Bauben and Djoum. When we play them it has worked a treat. Today we played a different system which allowed Cowie to come in to the same midfield as Bauben and Djoum, and allowed all 3 to flourish as well as Walker had a field day in today's system.

Would love to see us repeat today's tactics. On another day we'd have scored a bucket load.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

But it makes me sick....sick that Don Cowie is getting a game for Hearts :rolleyes:

Finlay James

I'm not surprised in the slightest that Cowie is coming on to a game, he's been an excellent player for years.

Thankfully we have a head coach that knows exactly what he is doing and with a fully fit squad the chase for 2nd spot is on.

alwaysthereinspirit

Sounded on the game commentary that he was all over the place today. Probably needed a few weeks to get accustomed to what he has around him player wise.

His engine should be fine in this league. A 32 year old who has played at a decent level all his career isn't going to have a problem at 34 with us I wouldn't have thought.

Yes but he is 33 and will be 35 when his contract expires.

He is also well known as one of the fittest guys at every club he's been at..

Yes, it makes getting rid of Gomis look ridiculous when you put it like that. 

kingantti1874

Yes, it makes getting rid of Gomis look ridiculous when you put it like that.

Well it doesn't really as he is a far better player who's consistently played at a far higher level

He is also well known as one of the fittest guys at every club he's been at..

But...but...but why did we even sign him? It goes against our signing policy of exclusively signing young players to sell on for profit. He's coming over here and stealing a young guy's job. Lhevein and Phoodle gtf.

Cowie was excellent today. A good experienced player who will benefit some of the younger guys.

Well it doesn't really as he is a far better player who's consistently played at a far higher level

:doh:

maroonnicky63

Was looking forward to reading about how people can't understand why we signed him. Good game?

yeh so was i but think some have changed there minds , FOR NOW

tartofmidlothian

Am I right in thinking he didn't really put a foot wrong in his first few games, despite not standing out?

An awful lot of football fans don't understand an awful lot about football.

They are an awful lot.

Fans of football with an understanding of football know that Cowie is a very good player. Good players have good, bad and average games. Anyone who thinks they have the knowledge or right to make a judgement on a player before they've had at least a handful of games in a new team of people they've not played with before is more to be pitied than to be scorned.

Ok Pep,

Unless you see a player a lot on the TV I tend to judge players as I've seen them for myself and as Cowie latterly has played a lot of his football in the championship I'd not watched him play before he arrived at Hearts. Good to hear he played well today but as I don't go to many away games, up until now he's been in my opinion average

comradejambo

Outstanding today and my motm along with souttar.... Found it hilarious that some folk behind me wer criticising him in the first half for being rubbish....felt I was watching a different game

Ok. He was 32 when we signed him in January, he's now 33 as his birthday in in February

Well calculated. Adds a lot.

Just take a look at how many 34/35 year olds are playing SPFL Premiership football at the moment. Not many. It's a risky signing/contract at that age. That's the only point I was making. He has looked the part from his first game onwards given his lack of match fitness when he joined us. Avoiding injuries will be key to his overall fitness.

:spoton:

I've been banging that particular drum for ages as well. Of our current squad this stupid habit has applied to (injury and new arrivals):

Buaben

?zt?rk

Cowie

Juanma

Djoum

Reilly

Nicholson

Augustyn

McGhee

Alexander

Dauda

It's ******* madness. :rofl:

Very, very good posts lads.

It's always the usual suspects with their "he's pish/gash/shite" boring patter. Or do they have such 'bad memories' that they forget how much crap they continually spout.

He had a very fine game today and I get the feeling there is more to come from him.

Well played Don.

.......and well played DoF / Robbie / scout for signing him!

He's the experienced player in the middle we were missing who could really pull the strings and read the game. Fantastic signing.

This^^^^^ another great game.

Archived