Gibraltar v Scotland

Chaps

According to Sky Sports Leigh Griffiths, James McArthur, James Morrison, Charlie Mulgrew & Jordan Rhodes have pulled out of Scotland squad.

Can replacements be selected? Or draft U-21s in, if so based on who's out I'd be looking to select:

McCormack, Gauld, Christie, Paterson and one of McLean, Reynolds or Ryan Fraser to step in and play against Gibraltar.

Regal Kingston

Time to bring in some youngsters for their debuts.

Scott Allan, Callum Paterson, Ryan Christie and Ryan Jack

Dead rubber.

Dead rubber.

Scott Allan?  How many minutes do you expect him to play this season?  Forget him.  Celtic signed him to upset Rangers.  Career over.

alicante jambo

Dead rubber.

Dont know much about the others but paterson isnt ready for international matches.

Dont know much about the others but paterson isnt ready for international matches.

Na he isn't.  We're desperate for an RB though so maybe time to decide who the next one will be and atleast get him in and around the squad to help bring him through.  CP could well be next in line, so could see the merit in his selection for the next couple of squads, or for a game against the likes of Gib.

William H. Bonney

Dead rubber.

Christie and Jack yes. The other two aren't good enough.

Hope everyone going has a great time

Scotland are where we are

My mates are all there and I would have been too if I could have got time off.  Can't decide if I've dodged a bullet or I'm missing a great trip!

...a bit disco

Would like this to be a two fingers to Strachan protest but he seems to have enough of a fan base amongst the media and Old Firm cronies for it not to matter anyway.

Strachan is, unfortunately, here to stay.

To beat Gibraltar? You're at it.

What good is calling up players purely who're good enough to beat Gibraltar? If you're bringing in new blood you want people who will be next in line for when competitive games start and at this point Paterson isn't anywhere near ready.

And what has Allan done to get a call up in the slightest when guys like Charlie Adam can't get in the squad?

Maroon Sailor

All this talk about young players being not good enough.

Not good enough for what ? Replacing players that are not good enough ?

The Barry Ferguson syndrome.

Shocked Brown isn't one of the 5 to be honest.

Going to be Browns last international game 2moro apparently

Can't see that. Only 30 year old and 2 caps short of 50, would be an odd time to go.

What good is calling up players purely who're good enough to beat Gibraltar? If you're bringing in new blood you want people who will be next in line for when competitive games start and at this point Paterson isn't anywhere near ready.

And what has Allan done to get a call up in the slightest when guys like Charlie Adam can't get in the squad?

Why not give them a bit of exposure to a full international?

And can you point out where I've called for Allan to be called up? Thanks.

All this talk about young players being not good enough.

Not good enough for what ? Replacing players that are not good enough ?

:spoton:

Now is the time to bring in young players like Walker, Nichilson, Paterson, Mackay-Steven etc. Give them a game against Gibraltar and Germany. We've nothing to lose as we're out of this completion so let's go for it. We won't though.

...a bit disco

Now is the time to bring in young players like Walker, Nichilson, Paterson, Mackay-Steven etc. Give them a game against Gibraltar and Germany. We've nothing to lose as we're out of this completion so let's go for it. We won't though.

Cosgrove and Cowan want Strachan to do just that so he can turn round afterwards and give the fans two fingers and say, 'See, the players you wanted aren't good enough. Leave me alone and let me do my job because I know what I'm doing and you don't'.

I expected better from Tam and Stuart.

Cosgrove and Cowan want Strachan to do just that so he can turn round afterwards and give the fans two fingers and say, 'See, the players you wanted aren't good enough. Leave me alone and let me do my job because I know what I'm doing and you don't'.

I expected better from Tam and Stuart.

Haven't been listening to On the Ball, but you're right about Tam and Stuart. These young guys would hold their own against Gibraltar and I believe they would gain massive experience playing against Germany who are no great shakes at the moment. So what if we get beat, its experience that they players need and what better way to gain it.

...a bit disco

Haven't been listening to On the Ball, but you're right about Tam and Stuart. These young guys would hold their own against Gibraltar and I believe they would gain massive experience playing against Germany who are no great shakes at the moment. So what if we get beat, its experience that they players need and what better way to gain it.

Stand by for another Steven Fletcher 'masterclass in the strikers role' as he increases his international goal tally towards double figures. Against Gibraltar.

Why not give them a bit of exposure to a full international?

And can you point out where I've called for Allan to be called up? Thanks.

The poster you quoted said Allan and Paterson weren't good enough for a call up and you said they would be to play Gibraltar. I took that as you saying he was, fair enough if not.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Gibraltar is the only qualifier left, we aren't playing Germany.

Tomorrow is the time for us to give guys like Shinnie, Dorrans and Russell a game, give them some exposure. We'll still beat them comfortably.

Gibraltar is the only qualifier left, we aren't playing Germany.

Tomorrow is the time for us to give guys like Shinnie, Dorrans and Russell a game, give them some exposure. We'll still beat them comfortably.

My mistake about the Germany game. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Allan? How many minutes do you expect him to play this season? Forget him. Celtic signed him to upset Rangers. Career over.

Celtic signed him to help rangers get promoted, because rangers couldn't afford him.

I really hope Strachan makes changes. He has a chance to try different players for this "meaningless" fixture. What would be the point in playing the same players that have already been given a fair crack of the whip and come up short. If they cant impress against Gibraltar then we really do have concerns.

Currently in lisbon airport waiting for my delayed connection to faro. Just had a text from my old man to say its pishing rain in faro and we are losing at rugby.

Long weekend ahead

dalston we are now winning the rugby

No thanks to 'the beard' Fletcher though.

Useless git.

Possibly but Scotland v Gibraltar is hardly 'international football'. Giving the likely future of national team there debuts here could only benefit us for the next campaign when they'll likely have to play or else we're planning on sticking with the likes of Hutton, Maloney and Greer into their 40's...

Not convinced Paterson should be in Scotland team but Hutton definitely shouldn't be. Whittaker should have played RB v Poland and Robertson or Shinnie LB.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Not convinced Paterson should be in Scotland team but Hutton definitely shouldn't be. Whittaker should have played RB v Poland and Robertson or Shinnie LB.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Whittakers a better option but it's worth noting he'd be 32 this summer, he's not exactly the future.

That generation has already failed to achieve anything multiple times now, we'd be better cutting our losses and blooding the next one as soon as possible like the Welsh did a few years back in my opinion.

jack D and coke

I sincerely hope that's true. It's not his fault he gets picked but that is the correct decision from the ****ing huddy.

Christie and Jack yes. The other two aren't good enough.

Paterson is better than Hutton and I don't give a shit what anyone says.

Archived