Brendan Rogers

Carl Fredrickson

1 win in 9 competitive games and not likely to improve anytime soon. Management is brutal to those who don't succeed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Given how shite they've been for so long, they'll be damned lucky to end up with Ancelotti or Klopp.

Losing Gerrard and Suarez and not replacing them with real quality was always going to put him in a difficult position. Still think he's a good manager but circumstances didn't help him.

Placid Casual

He should have went after that Stoke game last season, before all the money was spent in the close season!

Robbie Neilson must be in with a shout.

He likes to talk about philosophy right enough. Without results a philosophy wont keep you in a job.

One thigs for sure, Ancelotti or Klopp won't be happy with players being signed via a committee.

Something will need to change at board level if they want a top top manager.

WoolfordsHearts

The timing of it stinks of the liverpool board wanting everton to have beaten them today.

Classy.

fabienleclerq

Fat sam? Nigel pearson?

Would be shocked if the likes of Ancelotti or klopp took that job.

You'd be shocked, actual shocked if one of those men took the job at one of the biggest clubs in Europe?

Ibrahim Tall

The timing of it stinks of the liverpool board wanting everton to have beaten them today.

Classy.

Or possibly getting a head start on Chelsea...

Clerry Jambo

They'll be no shortage of applicants for the job. Some odds on these names.

3a179cc800166a018525260d2b38068b.jpg

Can't be right where's Stubbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pardon my ignorance of football out of Scotland who is Walter Mazarri

William H. Bonney

Rogers is the 8th longest serving manager in England at just over 3 years. Its crazy to think out of 92 managers, only 7 have been in the job longer.

Placid Casual

As a neutral, I hope it is Klopp. He is an interesting character, and would be a good antidote to that pr!ck Mourinho.

William H. Bonney

He was inter manager last year. I had to Google that.

Ibrahim Tall

Was Napoli manager a few years ago when they beat Chelsea/Man City in the CL, left for Inter and didn't really last long from what I remember.

Placid Casual

Would be fantastic if they wound up with Allardyce :lol:

Maybe their hand is being forced as Sunderland are sniffing about him...

SwindonJambo

Klopp already signed a three year deal according to the media.

Being widely reported. It stinks, but that's how football operates at that level. Rogers gave his usual post match interview and was quite relaxed. Wouldn't surprise me if he knew. He'll get a nice pay off for sure. It'll help pay for his divorce...

One thigs for sure, Ancelotti or Klopp won't be happy with players being signed via a committee.

Something will need to change at board level if they want a top top manager.

Ancotti has managed the likes of Real and Milan, I think he'll be used to it!

You'd be shocked, actual shocked if one of those men took the job at one of the biggest clubs in Europe?

Yes, Liverpool are utter shite, can't see a man like Ancelotti bothering his arse with that standard of player at this stage of his career.

As a proud hater of this institution and all the pish that constantly flows from it, I would be feckin delighted if Big Sam got it :pleasing:

Ibrahim Tall

Yes, Liverpool are utter shite, can't see a man like Ancelotti bothering his arse with that standard of player at this stage of his career.

Wind ups aside there aren't many of any bigger jobs available, he's already been at PSG, Milan, Madrid and Chelsea, having been there that basically rules out Barcelona and Juventus and Van Gaal and Wenger aren't leaving anytime soon. Waiting on the Bayern or City jobs are the only two others really.

Klopp seems the obvious choice and I think he would be a good fit for Liverpool as they have a similar predominantly working class fanbase to BVB.

Ancelotti throughout his career has generally taken over fantastic squads and added a finishing touch. There's a big rebuilding job to be done at Anfield following two horrific summers of player recruitment.

Wind ups aside there aren't many of any bigger jobs available, he's already been at PSG, Milan, Madrid and Chelsea, having been there that basically rules out Barcelona and Juventus and Van Gaal and Wenger aren't leaving anytime soon. Waiting on the Bayern or City jobs are the only two others really.

Ancelotti won't take the Liverpool job, they're not a club that can compete with the top 4 in England. Klopp is possible because of his poor ending to his time at Dortmund the bkg clubs might not want to gamble on him.

Lewis backtracking already now it looks like klopp.

Yeh coz imagine he took it and i was wrong and how silly i would feel.

Apparently Klopp's assistant has given an interview in Bosnia saying Klopp was getting the job regardless of today's result.

Archived