Collum (Merged Threads)

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Something has to be done about him refereeing Hearts matches.

Certainly looked in to

Robbie tells it as it is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34099914

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson blamed referee Willie Collum after a 3-2 defeat by Hamilton at New Douglas Park ended their 100% league record.

Collum sent off Hearts' Callum Paterson for a challenge on Darian MacKinnon with the visitors leading 2-1.

Neilson disputed the red card and even claimed he was expecting one of his players to be sent off when he found out who the officials were.

"The game has been ruined by a decision that is not a sending-off," he said.

"We are sitting 2-1 up and we get a red card against us that I don't think is a red card and it totally changed the flow of the game.

"We actually practised during the week going down to 10 men because of the environment we're coming to and the officials who are taking the game and we have to do that.

"In the recent past, the statistics involving the officials have shown a lot of red cards against us, so we have to prepare for it.

"The next time we get these officials, we will again train with 10 men."

Paulie Walnut

We will be fined by the SFA and Collum will referee every 'important' game we play this season, mark my words.

Malinga the Swinga

Won't make any difference to either Collum or SFA. They know he is corrupt, he knows he is corrupt and we know he is corrupt.

Not seen the incident , but there is no doubting the fact Willie Collum hates us for some reasons and he often sees what he wants to see instead of what actually happened . Probably the worst referee in Scotkand , constantly embarrasses himself and his country on the European stage.

oh ah grantona

I feel colloum let game flow at 1 down soon as we were level felt like he was whistle happy.

Maybe it's paranoia but it's not healthy as a supporter

We will be fined by the SFA and Collum will referee every 'important' game we play this season, mark my words.

Yes but he will come under scrutiny a little more i would imagine.

William H. Bonney

The craig levein school of doing an interview there, blunt and to the point. He's 100% correct but he he can expect a fine.

The craig levein school of doing an interview there, blunt and to the point. He's 100% correct but he he can expect a fine.

Can they fine a board member?

If they can i would have expected john reid to have received one a while ago for bringing the game into disrepute.

Son Of Anarchy

Robbie has to back up what he has said by putting in a formal complaint about that corrupt wee ****. Whether it lost us the game or we were just crap that ******* collum needs brought to task. Its not like Robbie to spout off and the weegia will love this meaning we will get even less decisions in future games fully backed by the gfa.

Jambof3tornado

The juanma challenge on the edge of the box was a freekick every day of the week. Add in an assault on king and another on walker and you begin to see a wee pattern. Also noticed collum playing advantage when one of our defenders was fouled but the ball ended up back with our keeper and collum waved he was playing advantage, what fekkin advantage??

Corrupt or just a little biased but something is going on.

Hearts owe it to the fans to push this as far as they can.

On what basis? Robbie stated facts and mentioned that the team had prepared along those lines. He never blamed or slagged Collum.

William H. Bonney

On what basis? Robbie stated facts and mentioned that the team had prepared along those lines. He never blamed or slagged Collum.

He kind of did, in a roundabout sort of way. Don't get me wrong, I fully support robbies comments, but he will get a fine. It's the sfa way.

Bookies won't be taking any more bets on any of our players getting sent off in games he refs from now on!

Not at game, so can't comment on today, but Collum is not a good referee.

Might be worth making a fuss.

H1b5 fans have made a lot of noise about CT and he doesn't appear to referee their games these days. Don't know or recall if H1b5 FC/Petrie have remarked on him but it appears to have worked.

Collum will almost certainly get the gig on 26/9 at Parkhead. Say something now and perhaps prevent that happening. If not, and he is appointed, exert some subtle pressure beforehand along the lines of "practising with 10 men".

I'm genuinely reticent about this post, all very H1b5.nut and all that, but we know what will happen at Parkhead if he's there: soft Celtic penalty, Hearts down to 10...and probably all in the first 5 minutes.

Only in Scotland would this blatant cheating be allowed. You couldn't make it up. It's so obvious that the horrible looking rat has an agenda against Hearts. Even in a feckin FRIENDLY match he couldn't wait to give Everton a penalty, that tells you everything IMO.

Hearts fans gave Hamilton in excess of ?50k today. The next time Collum is down to officiates at one of our  away games don't buy a ticket, don't waste your money and time. Stay at home and donate the cash to FOH. As Paul Weller once said "The public wants what the public gets" !

I feel colloum let game flow at 1 down soon as we were level felt like he was whistle happy.

Maybe it's paranoia but it's not healthy as a supporter

Changing style depending on the score. You probably weren't imagining things

Billy the Jambo

If Robbie does get fined we should all chip in.I was at the game and it was blatant cheating by that wee ***** collum .I nearly had a heart attack shouting at the wee ****er I hope he dies a slow horrible death and I am there for every ****ing minute of it

Fozzyonthefence

He referred to the history of these officials, suggesting there was something wrong with the number of reds they dish out against us.  I'm sure that'll be enough for the SFA.

TheMaganator

He can't be fined for that. Quite cleverly done IMO.

Not saying Collum is a cheat. Saying he saw who it was and expected a red.

He kind of did, in a roundabout sort of way. Don't get me wrong, I fully support robbies comments, but he will get a fine. It's the sfa way.

If he gets a fine, or a ban, I would expect us to appeal it, and threaten to take it further if the SFA persist in sticking to their guns.  We have the stats to back up Robbie's statement and to justify why he might decide to train with 10 men.  We can also point to numerous incidents in today's game which show that Collum was inconsistent in his approach in dealing with each of the teams.

SwindonJambo

We can't tolerate collum reffing hearts games any longer, something has to be done.

I wholeheartedly agree but we have to do it in a calm, measured way. Why not compile yellow & red card and penalty statistics for games of ours he's reffereed and do the same for all other current refs. I'm In no doubt that it would reflect very badly on him and provided all the evidence we need to support a request to get him removed from our games.

We can't tolerate collum reffing hearts games any longer, something has to be done.

imagine if he gets a game at Tynie in the near future!!!!

Fozzyonthefence

I wholeheartedly agree but we have to do it in a calm, measured way. Why not compile yellow & red card and penalty statistics for games of ours he's reffereed and do the same for all other current refs. I'm In no doubt that it would reflect very badly on him and provided all the evidence we need to support a request to get him removed from our games.

Backed up by actual video evidence.  I know it wasn't against Celtic today but I wonder if he's more pro Celtic than anti Hearts - haven't most of his howlers been against Celtic?

Quite like Robbie's comments. Hopefully instilling a Fergusonesque siege mentality.

Indeed.

There has always been a bit of hostility but has weight if the guy has respect..which Robbie is gaining from many quarters.

William H. Bonney

Backed up by actual video evidence.  I know it wasn't against Celtic today but I wonder if he's more pro Celtic than anti Hearts - haven't most of his howlers been against Celtic?

Definitely pro celtic. Ask any other spl team who the worst Ref is they will all say colllum. This incident and robbies comments makes me think of the dougie McDonald fiasco

Diadora Van Basten

Hearts fans gave Hamilton in excess of ?50k today. The next time Collum is down to officiates at one of our away games don't buy a ticket, don't waste your money and time. Stay at home and donate the cash to FOH. As Paul Weller once said "The public wants what the public gets" !

That's the sad thing. Hearts are exciting in this team and the fans turn out in numbers to watch them.

How do the SFA react -they give us a ref with a blatant grudge against us.

Something has to be done about him refereeing Hearts matches.

Certainly looked in to

Robbie tells it as it is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34099914

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson blamed referee Willie Collum after a 3-2 defeat by Hamilton at New Douglas Park ended their 100% league record.

Collum sent off Hearts' Callum Paterson for a challenge on Darian MacKinnon with the visitors leading 2-1.

Neilson disputed the red card and even claimed he was expecting one of his players to be sent off when he found out who the officials were.

"The game has been ruined by a decision that is not a sending-off," he said.

"We are sitting 2-1 up and we get a red card against us that I don't think is a red card and it totally changed the flow of the game.

"We actually practised during the week going down to 10 men because of the environment we're coming to and the officials who are taking the game and we have to do that.

"In the recent past, the statistics involving the officials have shown a lot of red cards against us, so we have to prepare for it.

"The next time we get these officials, we will again train with 10 men."

Did Robbie mention anything in his interview about sorting out the communication between Ozturk and Alexander, or teaching Rossi how to stay goal side of the striker, or our full backs on how to stop crosses coming into the box, or Buaben how to close down opponents to stop them shooting?

Collum is a **** and he absolutely changed the flow of the game today. But he wasn't to blame for our shocking defending, which has finally been punished this season.

Seen the incident twice and it don`t strike me as a red but the accies players reaction was bad. Also gesturing to our fans, this has to be sorted as some get away with it and others don`t.

Seen the incident twice and it don`t strike me as a red but the accies players reaction was bad. Also gesturing to our fans, this has to be sorted as some get away with it and others don`t.

Just watched the video and it isn't 100% clear from the footage, but Callum looks like he fell into the Accies player rather than a lunging tackle.

Fort Vallance

Hearts fans gave Hamilton in excess of ?50k today. The next time Collum is down to officiates at one of our  away games don't buy a ticket, don't waste your money and time. Stay at home and donate the cash to FOH. As Paul Weller once said "The public wants what the public gets" !

thats a really good shout.

If the authorities had any balls he'd be kicked out of the game.

Totally agree but there is no chance of it happening. This is the guy who gets to referee top European games. Frightening that we are exporting incompetence like this.

kingantti1874

To be fair, Collum's stats aren't damming, at least on reds in the last few seasons. Now if somebody had the time to compare cards he's given us and other clubs by percentage, maybe do a wee graph or a pie chart...

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=966&season_id=145

Are they not, 9 red cards in 36 games refereed, 1 in 4... Typically we average between 2 and 5 per season... So between 1in 18 or 1 in 8...

If you balance that out nearly 3 times more likely to receive a red if Collum is the ref, and it's. It just the red cards is it, the terrible penalties, the dodgy goals allowed to stand, the goals chalked off... The ridiculous bookings...

The man is a bigot and a cheat... Only in Scotland

Agreed.  If we sit back and accept this time and time again, then we will continue to be Collum's gimp, who he delights in finding new ways to shaft whenever given the opportunity (excuse the dramatic licence, I was re-watching Pulp Fiction earlier this evening!).

I'm almost hoping the SFA take Robbie to task over his comments, and that we dig our heels in and use it as an opportunity to lay out the statistics, and point to specific instances, and highlight inconsistencies etc.  Instead of the SFA asking Robbie to explain his comments, we ask the SFA to explain the apparent discrepancies in Collum's decision making when refereeing us.

Every generation has their bad and or corrupt referees, Collum is by far the worst of this generation, yet he's supposed to be Scotland's top referee.

Collum doesn't just hate us he hates everything if it's not playing in Green & White hoops.

The amount of high profile mistakes/cheating this clown makes is unbelievable yet nothing get's done about it.

Hearts fans gave Hamilton in excess of ?50k today. The next time Collum is down to officiates at one of our away games don't buy a ticket, don't waste your money and time. Stay at home and donate the cash to FOH. As Paul Weller once said "The public wants what the public gets" !

A spokesman from the supporters federation could come out with a statement advising that they will recommend there members boycott the next Hearts away game Collum is awarded, this would be a powerful statement to the Scottish football authorities, obviously attending the fixture would entirely be up to each individual supporter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What annoyed me was that Collum did not blow for a foul at the time of the incident. He reacted to the disgraceful behaviour of the 2 accies players. Scumbag!

Every generation has their bad and or corrupt referees, Collum is by far the worst of this generation, yet he's supposed to be Scotland's top referee.

Collum doesn't just hate us he hates everything if it's not playing in Green & White hoops.

The amount of high profile mistakes/cheating this clown makes is unbelievable yet nothing get's done about it.

Something does get done, he gets rewarded with even more high profile matches. Unbelievable that he is so highly regarded.

Am I the only one that thought it was a red card. Bad tackle but not helped by the Hamilton players reaction. Paterson had about 3 touches of the ball just to clear his lines.

We deserved little from today's game.. at times we played like my 12 year old ladies team. Poor 1st touch, aimless balls up the park and couldn't find a team mate 5 yards away.

Hamilton got in our faces and bullied us off the park. A taste of our medicine a little tbh.

Robbie's tactics were poor but he will learn from this and be better for it.

I believe/hope with all the furores around this and other past incidents particularly now that Social Media is so strong the SFA with be forced to act. They continue to deny the Elephant in the room.

Am I the only one that thought it was a red card. Bad tackle but not helped by the Hamilton players reaction. Paterson had about 3 touches of the ball just to clear his lines.

We deserved little from today's game.. at times we played like my 12 year old ladies team. Poor 1st touch, aimless balls up the park and couldn't find a team mate 5 yards away.

Hamilton got in our faces and bullied us off the park. A taste of our medicine a little tbh.

No there are others, but they have went quiet after the video was shown.

Dagger Is Back

imagine if he gets a game at Tynie in the near future!!!!

Let's hope he does. The response will be unforgettable.

kingantti1874

I think your about the only one left...

Now is definitely the time to raise the issue.

He's a biased little shitebag with, at best a grudge or worse, an agenda against us.

Archived