Jim Spence leaving BBC

ritchies75

Listened to Jim Spence for years on TV and radio and met him a few times in person.

Great bloke with no bias, even against Dundee, and treated dreadfully by BBC Radio Scotland. A 2/3 week 'holiday' and for what? Suggesting, incidentally, that Rangers might be a new club?

Bloody shameful on BBCRS's part.

No shame on fans of Rangers.

They have none.

penicuik jambo

Maybe he's coming to gorgie to replace Paul Kiddie! One of the better ones on sportsound, doesn't brown nose the ugly sisters. Will be a loss to them.

We_are_the_Hearts

Probably fed up with having to watch what he says so not to offend Huns, they are offended by everything these days

Jambof3tornado

Can mind a young steward refusing Jim Spence entry into Tannadice once. Could hear him saying to the lad "do you know who I am", but not in the really shitty way you'd expect.

Plenty time for him.

Probably fed up with having to watch what he says so not to offend Huns, they are offended by everything these days

As bad as Celtic fans.

As bad as Celtic fans.

Nah think celtic fans have a bigger chip.

Rangers fans are under cosh so they are a bit more vocal.

Celtic fans are nearly as bitter as the emailers.

Now where did i put my bus fare

Hopefully Jim ends up supporting BT Sport or Sky Sports doing interviews etc.

Will be a big miss on Radio Scotland.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hopefully Jim ends up supporting BT Sport or Sky Sports doing interviews etc.

Will be a big miss on Radio Scotland.

Definitely. Give him Gary McAlister's old gig.

Bert Le Clos

This could finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Formula 1, Top Gear, The Olympics.....and now Jim Spence.

Why do I even pay my licence fee :sob:

Seymour M Hersh

I never listen to Sportsound.  If it weakens their programme then good, I suppose. Has there been any reasons given for his departure?

I never listen to Sportsound. If it weakens their programme then good, I suppose. Has there been any reasons given for his departure?

He didn't tow the party line, with regards to Rangers?

i wish jj was my dad

One of the few on sportsound that realised he wasn't working for the GBC.

One of the better jurno's on the bbc, is that welt chick dung still there?

And he's not praying

He'll be missed.

Still, I'm sure the dulcet tones of Derek Ferguson will compensate.

Not often on the midweek programme. One of last times got abused by prick Bomber Brown.

Find out soon his new job. Presuming he has one.

jambo in iraq

been the best on Sportsound since the days of Bob Crampsey. That said Tom English doesn't much like the Huns either!

Carl Spackler

I quite like Sportsound and Scottish Football on the Radio for the most part especially since Traynor left. Nobody takes Chick seriously, he used to really p me off a few years ago.

So it's a real shame Spence is leaving.

he was the only one prepared to tell the truth about the rangers and suffered for it. Just an other shameful episode for BBC Scotland

Anyone know why he's leaving? Is he just retiring, or is it for some other reason?

Captain America

Jim Spence was one of few decent guys doing the sport on BBC Scotland.

Hopefully he has somehting lined up as be a shame to lose one of the only decent radio pundits.

He is a good laugh to follow on twitter.

Was treated shamefully by BBC over the whole Rangers/Newco issue.

Clerry Jambo

Spencey was like a fans rep on that program, talked the most sense - plus he wasn't one off the Largs mafia, expect more of them!!

That's a shame, always like Jim Spence.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Fort Vallance

Bang on.

The BBC Glasgow Mafia are rooting out the sensible ones so English better watch his back.

Jim Spence ripped into Sevco from Day 1 so probably his card was marked but he should easily get a job working for a decent broadcasting company.

Good luck trying to find one of those.

Anyone know why he's leaving? Is he just retiring, or is it for some other reason?

The broadcaster said he intends to continue working in journalism in a freelance capacity, which will likely involve roles with the BBC.

Wonder if the Off The Ball guys will comment on his departure?

If he's been pushed out cause he spoke the truth about Servco, then the BBC bosses should hang their heads in shame.

he was the only one prepared to tell the truth about the rangers and suffered for it. Just an other shameful episode for BBC Scotland

His wife and kids suffered, too.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Talksport? They are starting a Friday night Scottish prog

Will that be anything to do with Gordon Dallas who did the last one on Talk 107? The Kickabout was actually pretty good most of the time, until they started getting that squeaky voiced wee Rangers TV fecker to present it... Tom something.

A similar program with Spence involved would be a good show.

Will that be anything to do with Gordon Dallas who did the last one on Talk 107? The Kickabout was actually pretty good most of the time, until they started getting that squeaky voiced wee Rangers TV fecker to present it... Tom something.

A similar program with Spence involved would be a good show.

The Kickabout was a great idea in theory, but expecting Gordon Dallas to fill FOUR HOURS with fitba chat was a bridge too far. Often suffered due to a lack of content. It could've been a great 2 hour show though.

Wonder what happened to Gordon, and wonder if he keeps in touch with Mike Graham (of Talksports The Two Mikes) who was station controller at 107...

...and yer thinkin of Tom Millar. Nasally wee weegie voice. Still commentates on Rangers TV to this day mate.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

...and yer thinkin of Tom Millar. Nasally wee weegie voice. Still commentates on Rangers TV to this day mate.

Cannot stand that guy. :yucky:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Cannot stand that guy. :yucky:

He blocked me on Twitter, he didn't seem to agree with my views on what should happen to the old Rangers.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He blocked me on Twitter, he didn't seem to agree with my views on what should happen to the old Rangers.

And the horse they rode in on, amirite?

Sex Panther

Listen to Sportsound vary rarely, but always liked JS.

Was there one comment in particular that he's made? Or just the fact he's not toed the official party line on numerous occasions?

Archived