4 to 6 new players

Jambof3tornado

Jambof3tornado

When Robbie said he needed 4,5 or 6 new players I assume he didnt mean squad players but starting 11 players. I know today was classed by many as meaningless but no game v the hibs is meaningless.

Not knee jerk but seriously looking to the future.

If Keatings and Eckersley arent good enough several others must be fearing their future at a top level Hearts.

letsalllaughathobos

Sow is about the only one I would keep, few squad players to cover for injuries,

Jambof3tornado

Its harsh but better players than Eckersley will be departing. I'm not even sure about Oliver and Carrick now if Keatings being told he can go is true.

Bungalow Bill

Alexander, Gomis, zeefuik, Eckersley, McHattie and Paterson not good enough

Alexander has done nothing wrong all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexander has had barely anything to do all season in big games gets down to slow think he is past it

Jambof3tornado

Alexander has had barely anything to do all season in big games gets down to slow think he is past it

For the top flight we need someone pushing him properly. Hamilton could be that guy but I'd keep Neil as a coach and bring in a new keeper.

Gomis might be a question of fitness or attitude because his form is very variable. When he plays well he's excellent.

Gomis might be a question of fitness or attitude because his form is very variable. When he plays well he's excellent.

looks shattered also too slow

Today is the first time i felt paterson wont make it past hearts...frightening potential in his early performances and now borderline chronic most games....

Today is the first time i felt paterson wont make it past hearts...frightening potential in his early performances and now borderline chronic most games....

Iv been saying this and getting slated. Him and Wilson just dont do it for me.

As far as I know it's up to 6 players. Only players leaving will be players he wants to leave and those leaving will be replaced with better that's what he said as far as I'm concerned. They have players lined up as far as I know. Midfield is an area we must strengthen. Gomis, pallardo, bauben, Anderson could find themselves out. Paterson will stay at the club but only because he could improve not because he's good. Centre back area also and left back. I think other than Alexander, walker, Nicholson, king, Paterson we could see a new team.

The Old Tolbooth

Gomis hasn't kicked a single ball in the big games, he hides, Wilson is the most over rated captain I've seen at the club, Paterson is just awful, McHattie doesn't look like he's going to cut the mustard, Zeefuik has come in and done a job at the right time when we needed him to, but he's only a short term fix and no danger I would want him long term, he's not very good, I'd say we should get rid of El Hass too but he was superb against Alloa and if he played like that more often then he'd be an asset, but he doesn't, and I'm not convinced he can get any momentum going, I'm not convinced Prince Buaben is good enough either. Robbie built a squad that was good enough to win this league at a canter, but with the same players next season we won't even make top 6, the last three games have been a reality check. 

Jambof3tornado

Gomis hasn't kicked a single ball in the big games, he hides, Wilson is the most over rated captain I've seen at the club, Paterson is just awful, McHattie doesn't look like he's going to cut the mustard, Zeefuik has come in and done a job at the right time when we needed him to, but he's only a short term fix and no danger I would want him long term, he's not very good, I'd say we should get rid of El Hass too but he was superb against Alloa and if he played like that more often then he'd be an asset, but he doesn't, and I'm not convinced he can get any momentum going, I'm not convinced Prince Buaben is good enough either. Robbie built a squad that was good enough to win this league at a canter, but with the same players next season we won't even make top 6, the last three games have been a reality check.

El hass hasnt had a chance. Different player next season.

The Old Tolbooth

El hass hasnt had a chance. Different player next season.

I hope you're right mate, I'd love him to prove me wrong as he was excellent against Alloa, even in the first half when others around him clearly weren't giving a feck 

Getting rid of Wilson would be one of my priorities. He's not convincing as a centre half and he's definitely not a leader of men.

Cast No Shadow

The thought of Gomis and Buaben in the centre next season gives me the fear.

Jambof3tornado

Getting rid of Wilson would be one of my priorities. He's not convincing as a centre half and he's definitely not a leader of men.

This. Handing him the armband was a big mistake. He isnt even settled into his own game without worrying about others (hence he simply blames others for his errors).

apart from not coming off his line

Bin the lot, Robbie and Budge oot bring back Lockey and Skacel

Whenever a poor performance is witnessed this is the old faithful.

Perhaps a reason why our tangible success has been so limited down the years. Accepting of mediocrity.

rudi must stay

We are very lucky to have Alexander and he'll prove it again next season.

He'll make more routine saves look difficult and not be able to punt it properly. I think Gallacher and Hamilton are better keepers, i'd back either over him

I've defended him but sitting in the back of south stand today watching that - there's no case for defence. Utterly clueless display from him today. Paterson has regressed as a player this season. Neither are glowing endorsements of Neilson.

alwaysthereinspirit

Alexander, Gomis, zeefuik, Eckersley, McHattie and Paterson not good enough

Alexander???

Bazzas right boot

Get rid of Zeefuik and the team will play better.

Wilson, Gomis, Pallardo, Sow all play worse when he is in the side. Walker was not great, today however he should be out wide.

The tactics and the use of Zeefuik is our worst enemy, 4-4-2 and no fat lad we will be good.

Wilson is a good player, at our level, who is better?

Bazzas right boot

El Hass has missed most of the season.

When he's played hes' either been ok or good.

McHattie is never a CH in a 3 at the back, he's also missed most of the season, but when hes played he has done well, caught out at the Ranger game but played well in other games.

Wilson, who, at our level is better than him?

Zeefuik is murder.

These players were brought in for the division we are playing in plus it's been a long hard season being at the top every team playing us is their cup final yes we hibs won their final today and I think they will beat Falkirk next week so they have 2 finals in May and will lose both they wanted to win today we played to avoid defeat noted in the team selection that gave Hibs the impetus before a ball was kicked that was the difference

I'm not sure we'll see any great exodus beyond what we already know.

Robbie has said he wants UP TO 6 players.  Robinson, Holt and McKay have been on their way out for some time and Eckersley's number's up.  Add to that the fact that we're unlikely to pay a fee for Zeefuik means five are (all but) gone and needing replaced.  And that could be 6 if what Preston is supposed to have said about Keatings being on his bike, is true.

If we simply replace on a like-for-like basis we shall sign a full back, a central defender, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers (one striker if the Keatings rumour is incorrect)..  So I don't think we'll be getting rid of some of today's fall guys as others have hinted or hoped for.

Bert Le Clos

Sow is about the only one I would keep, few squad players to cover for injuries,

Jesus ****ing Christ.

I actually don't know what to say to that.

Bridge of Djoum

The thought of Gomis and Buaben in the centre next season gives me the fear.

Your posts give us all the fear.

I'm far from happy about today's performance but there isn't half some Tom Kite being spouted on this thread. 

Some absolute horrible shouts on here. Some folk havnt a clue about football

Kickback is a bloody nightmare tonight

Valar Morghulis

Some absolute horrible shouts on here. Some folk havnt a clue about football

Kickback is a bloody nightmare tonight

I considered staying away, but thought, "xxxx it!". FYI - Kickback, me not freaking out and slating 20 year old academy graduates, former La Liga players, and our championship-winning coach, does not mean I think tonight's performance was anywhere near acceptable, or accept defeat against the wee team!

He'll make more routine saves look difficult and not be able to punt it properly. I think Gallacher and Hamilton are better keepers, i'd back either over him

Gallacher wont even be with us next season

Jambof3tornado

Gallacher wont even be with us next season

Agreed. Not sure though if Jack will get a chance or if we will bring in another keeper to be no1 (assuming Neil steps back to concentrate on coaching,though I'd like to think he's good enough for another year at the top).

We've got a good team but I think we're missing a leader on the field. Someone to stamp their authority on the game when we're up against it and motivate the rest of the lads.

Robbie and Craig will no doubt ken the script And have a few players in mind.

royal navy hearts man

get replace Wilson with a giant no nonsense centre half, Oz has great distribution but isn't the best in the air so a big CH will make Oz look better. The centre of midfield is where the question mark for me lies for next season, we don't seem to have a balance in that area of the park. Anyway, I'll trust Robbie and Craig to sort it out. But seriously get rid of Wilson, he's on crack if he thinks he's good enough to play for Celtic!

Jambof3tornado

get replace Wilson with a giant no nonsense centre half, Oz has great distribution but isn't the best in the air so a big CH will make Oz look better. The centre of midfield is where the question mark for me lies for next season, we don't seem to have a balance in that area of the park. Anyway, I'll trust Robbie and Craig to sort it out. But seriously get rid of Wilson, he's on crack if he thinks he's good enough to play for Celtic!

The wilson to celtic chat amuses me. Is he to replace Virgil,coz he's not good enough to lace VVDs boots!!

I think we need a good organiser at the back, Pressley like.

Just taking those couple of seconds to rein people in can be important to get the shape again.

I don't know what standard of player our money will extend to but a more streetwise defence in general will be needed for the Spl but we seem to be in a strategy of going for young players to help them improve.

We could do with a couple of clever older heads to bring calm and drive to the side, leading by example. Strong characters.

Interesting photo on the Scotsman article about Robbie Neilson's reaction to the game.

3885170313.jpg

Are you referring to this one?

Possibly already planting seeds in the boys head, "How would you like to sign for us if you don't get promoted? Fantastic player..." etc etc, all the crap that would basically turn his head to even thinking of joining us most likely.

tartofmidlothian

Seriously??

IMO Ozturk, Sow, Pallardo, Walker, King and probably Alexander will have no bother in the Premiership, and our second XI could easily be filled with players we have now.

So that leaves five players, CB, LB, RB, CM and CF.

Archived