8000+ Names on a Shirt......Really!

highlandjambo3

Are there 8000 members above the points threshold to have their name on the shirt?

Probably not although the vast majority of the 8k will be there i'd imagine having bought into FOH at the start.

Guest C00l K1d

A maroon shirt with tiny white writing could look pretty smart.

I'll buy it since I'll be on it but I'll most likely never wear it.

I wonder if it will be long sleeved?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thank Christ you bothered your arse to let us know.

I was responding to the OP but I'm glad you know too now. :)

pumphyjambo

Size 10 font for the names. Was told by the FOH when I nipped in to see them on Saturday there. Also told to guess again when mentioned New Balance/Warrior making the new strips. Did give a big smile when I mentioned Puma though. Don't get all the secrecy tbh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crichiejambos

Take it that it's more a jesture by the club more than anything! It won't get used a lot?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Take it that it's more a jesture by the club more than anything! It won't get used a lot?

Probably. I like how people already want it without knowing what it looks like but each to their own.

fabienleclerq

Probably. I like how people already want it without knowing what it looks like but each to their own.

Are you saying you won't buy it?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Are you saying you won't buy it?

I've said that already as you well know.

crichiejambos

Will there be the usual thread as regards your to "old" to where a fitbaw tap,or your carrying a few extra pounds and the fashion police will be on the prowl!!!!

Biffa Bacon

Size 10 font for the names. Was told by the FOH when I nipped in to see them on Saturday there. Also told to guess again when mentioned New Balance/Warrior making the new strips. Did give a big smile when I mentioned Puma though. Don't get all the secrecy tbh

I would guess that there is some form of non disclosure. Adidas are the current strip manufacturer for this season, it does not look too good for them, and indeed sales if the club is advertising an alternative supplier. In this season it will be less of an issue, as most of the stock flew off the shelves, but deals would have been struck with potentially still stock to shift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unknown user

I would guess that there is some form of non disclosure. Adidas are the current strip manufacturer for this season, it does not look too good for them, and indeed sales if the club is advertising an alternative supplier. In this season it will be less of an issue, as most of the stock flew off the shelves, but deals would have been struck with potentially still stock to shift.

There will be no leeway allowed if, as suggested above, we're switching to Adidas's most hated enemy, Puma

http://fortune.com/2013/03/22/the-hatred-and-bitterness-behind-two-of-the-worlds-most-popular-brands/

The names are definitely embroidered and are definitely maroon in colour.

No chance will they be stitched on. It will be part of the fabric of the shirt. Would be a proper jaggy jersey, if they embroidered them on.

I'm not bothered by my name being on it. I do know I won't be buying it.

:vrwow:  you're cool...

Independence

Probably because they are passionate about their club , proud of what we have achieved and confident it will be , at the very least, good quality. Still everyone to their own!!

cool thing especially for those of us behind the new way the club is going

good on the club

will bring money in building on the phenomenal success of this years strips where many.people not normally buying a strip have done so - will be same for this

Don't tend to buy strips for me but certainly for my wee lad...Will be buying this one for myself...vain I know, but my name on an official Hearts top...No brainer and I hope the club makes a decent profit on these tops.

Guest C00l K1d

Because it's going to have their name on it, and even if it is rank is a nice memento for fans and a money spinner for the club?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Because it's going to have their name on it, and even if it is rank is a nice memento for fans and a money spinner for the club?

Which is fine. As I say, each to their own.

Guest C00l K1d

Which is fine. As I say, each to their own.

Just seems like you're ripping folk because they want the strip.

As i said, i'll no doubt buy it, never wear it but it'll be good to pull out and show folk years down the line.  A souvenir for the survival of hearts if you wish.

As i said, i'll no doubt buy it, never wear it but it'll be good to pull out and show folk years down the line.  A souvenir for the survival of hearts if you wish.

Try not to rise to his *****, its what he does.

Thousands of Hearts fans will buy it and the vast majority will see it as a positive, novel idea and something unique. 

Guest C00l K1d

Try not to rise to his *****, its what he does.

Thousands of Hearts fans will buy it and the vast majority will see it as a positive, novel idea and something unique. 

Is he hibs mate?

Francis Albert

It will get an occasional run out to justify it being sold as an official strip. Hopefully it will make the club money and make a lot of fans happy. I don't see anything wrong

with that.

Though personally I'd rather just give the ?40 or whatever it costs to the club, which will give it more money.

Geoff Kilpatrick

As i said, i'll no doubt buy it, never wear it but it'll be good to pull out and show folk years down the line. A souvenir for the survival of hearts if you wish.

If it comes across like that, that is not the intention. If I was interested in the concept (I'm not) but the top itself looked as horrendous as the vermin away top, for example, then I wouldn't shell out for it. That's all.

davemclaren

It will get an occasional run out to justify it being sold as an official strip. Hopefully it will make the club money and make a lot of fans happy. I don't see anything wrongwith that.Though personally I'd rather just give the ?40 or whatever it costs to the club, which will give it more money.

I'll be posting on here when I see you wearing it at Tynecastle next season. :whistling:

I tend to buy Hearts shirts and the wear them just 3 or 4 times on holiday in sunnier climes. I view it as just another way to support the club.

As i said, i'll no doubt buy it, never wear it but it'll be good to pull out and show folk years down the line. A souvenir for the survival of hearts if you wish.

It's pretty much what he does on every thread. Most of them state he has no interest but has enough of an interest to let everyone know. That's how you amass the number of posts that he has despite having no interest in the subject matter.

6 posts on this thread so far that he has no interest in apparently.

I'll be buying the strip. Don't care what it looks like it. It has my name on it.

supa hot fire

I'm not buying it unless Hearts choose a sensible font for the names.

Would laugh if they used Comic Sans

tartofmidlothian

I'm not bothered by my name being on it. I do know I won't be buying it.

7999 guaranteed sales...

We_are_the_Hearts

Great keepsake for the revival of our club and how you played a part in it....................................

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's pretty much what he does on every thread. Most of them state he has no interest but has enough of an interest to let everyone know. That's how you amass the number of posts that he has despite having no interest in the subject matter.

6 posts on this thread so far that he has no interest in apparently.

I'll be buying the strip. Don't care what it looks like it. It has my name on it.

For the record, it would have been one had fabian leclerq not reacted. I was letting the OP know that they were not in a minority of one.

Excuse me if I he answer is staring me in the face somewhere but what's deal with getting your name on the shirt?

I'm guessing it's FoH pledgers? I was a pledger until fairly recently but had to choose between that and a ST which was a no brainier in the end.

Unknown user

Excuse me if I he answer is staring me in the face somewhere but what's deal with getting your name on the shirt?

I'm guessing it's FoH pledgers? I was a pledger until fairly recently but had to choose between that and a ST which was a no brainier in the end.

It's based on how many points you have which is based on how much you've contributed. Log in to the FoH website and you'll find out how many you have. If you've been pledging since the start you'll be over the limit with plenty to spare I reckon

It's based on how many points you have which is based on how much you've contributed. Log in to the FoH website and you'll find out how many you have. If you've been pledging since the start you'll be over the limit with plenty to spare I reckon

I'll have a look mate cheers.

IIRC correctly you need to have 180 points by the closing date (which I can't remember).

supa hot fire

IIRC correctly you need to have 180 points by the closing date (which I can't remember).

Closing date was Saturday 28th Feb I think

Archived