Rangers may finally be in trouble

bighalders

For sustained secterian singing that has allegedly been included in match official report. Pressure on SPFL to finaly act but they wont. Quote from Scotsman twitter

Token fine at worst.

I'd love to see the SFA being told by UEFA to get it sorted!![/quote

Agreed, only UEFA telling SFA otherwise nothing

Close 3 stands of their stadium.......

They would still all be able to fit in ! Ban them from all away games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The authorities could have stopped this years ago by imposing sanctions on the clubs concerned.  Dropping points if it's a league game or chucking them out of cups.

They won't though because they simply don't want to.

Any other football governing body would stamp down hard on this but unfortunately its the SFA so it will land on deaf ears again.

English ex-player and media Stan Collymore puts himself in firing line.

Rangers fans react and go for it last night.

Scottish football finally does something.

Mmm - that's too embarrassing for SFA - no action.

The Mighty Thor

[emoji23]

They have licence to do whatever the feck they want!

100% this.

There's not a cat in hell's chance that the people who brought them back from the dead will do anything to punish them.

Nothing to see or hear. Move along.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

To quote The Simpsons:

"but if they're the police; who will police the police? "

" I dunno... Coastguard? "

Reasonable steps taken to prevent it. A convenient little device to absolve the useless/frightened from acting.

The SFA and League say they will be hard line on sectarianism... because they have to say that. But sectarianism is much too big and scary a monster for them to even contemplate facing.

The match day delegate was named in the Daily Record as having included this in his report. No doubt the Sevconians wil harrass this individual and include him on their long list of 'no longer friends', despite him being a Rangers fan !! (and ex Hearts employee)

Barney Rubble

Without sectarianism there is no oldfirm rivalry and without oldfirm rivalry scottish football is dead in the eyes of the sfa , token gesture already been decided ..

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Without sectarianism there is no oldfirm rivalry and without oldfirm rivalry scottish football is dead in the eyes of the sfa , token gesture already been decided ..

Summed up perfectly.

This not intended as whataboutery, but I would question why The Rangers in isolation may be punished for last night, less than three weeks after they and another party indulged in the full sectarian songbook on a far larger scale.

Delighted to see The Rangers punished, but the timing reinforces who is running the game now.

Precedent was set last week with the verdict after their game with celtic.

Club will be seen to be doing all they can / taking reasonable precautions etc and will be immune from any kinda serious punishment.

What is interesting though is that this has come off the back of collymore a crusade against them - the same crusade many on here were quick to shoot down in flames.

Collymore has done more in a week than the rest of our collective media have done in years.

Without sectarianism there is no oldfirm rivalry and without oldfirm rivalry scottish football is dead in the eyes of the sfa , token gesture already been decided ..

i was thinking last night while watching the Hun match how much we've farked up the Weegie Mafia's welcome back party for them.

They were hoping for the big fanfare, a Rangers team sweeping back to the Spl and Scottish football being saved.

GIRFUT.

Precedent was set last week with the verdict after their game with celtic.

Club will be seen to be doing all they can / taking reasonable precautions etc and will be immune from any kinda serious punishment.

What is interesting though is that this has come off the back of collymore a crusade against them - the same crusade many on here were quick to shoot down in flames.

Collymore has done more in a week than the rest of our collective media have done in years.

Collymore has stirred it up but I wouldn't say he's done more in a week unless he was able to have credible journalists join in the campaign against sectarianism.

So far he's succeeded at highlighting a problem, winding up zombies and generally acting like a self righteous bawbag.

I do hope he continues though - he needs others to support him though.

i wish jj was my dad

Without sectarianism there is no oldfirm rivalry and without oldfirm rivalry scottish football is dead in the eyes of the sfa , token gesture already been decided ..

Spot on, unfortunately.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

i was thinking last night while watching the Hun match how much we've farked up the Weegie Mafia's welcome back party for them.

They were hoping for the big fanfare, a Rangers team sweeping back to the Spl and Scottish football being saved.

GIRFUT.

clap.gif

That's what I have always thought, they need the sectarianism hence the reason they will never dish out a significant punishment.

Jambof3tornado

The bears den thread about this shows you how big the problem is with about 1 in 5 posts condemning the songs and the rest all giving it the "we are the people and we dont care".

Thats not a minority that think the banned songs are acceptable.

Total and utter scum.

The bears den thread about this shows you how big the problem is with about 1 in 5 posts condemning the songs and the rest all giving it the "we are the people and we dont care".

Thats not a minority that think the banned songs are acceptable.

Total and utter scum.

They're response to any criticism of their club or their fans is just met with **** them we are Rangers and that is that.

Seymour M Hersh

As the beaks have done nothing to them or their ugly twin over the years they might offer up some pathetic wrist slap.  However given the beaks history with that club in particular I will not be holding my breath in anticipation of a heavy or indeed any punishment.  

Our next big flag IMO, no jokes! This is a perfect "in a nutshell" post!

On all the news channels the Chelsea fans being hunted by the police for racist singing.then in Scotland the football authoritys and the police wont do anything as seen this week regarding the Glasgow bigots and there singing of hatred

Wasn't it Patrick who were the first team sanctioned for they're song about rangers and Celtic? I can't find the article to post.

On all the news channels the Chelsea fans being hunted by the police for racist singing.then in Scotland the football authoritys and the police wont do anything as seen this week regarding the Glasgow bigots and there singing of hatred

Correct.

IMO there is no difference. Scottish Government has done nothing to address this blight on our society other than bringing in laws to criminalise football supporters. Nothing done about medieval segregated education, social inclusion and open, unilateral, condemnation by those muppets in the shoogly shack at Holyrood

ChunkyCharlie

Close 3 stands of their stadium.......

Wouldnt affect them mate, they can't even fill one stand! :D :D :D :D

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wasn't it Patrick who were the first team sanctioned for they're song about rangers and Celtic? I can't find the article to post.

Falkirk

"We hate the orange and the green

So **** your Pope and **** your Queen"

Was classed as sectarian!

:vrface:

good point well made

The Old Tolbooth

Falkirk

"We hate the orange and the green

So **** your Pope and **** your Queen"

Was classed as sectarian!

:vrface:

Seriously? 

I must have missed this, but if that's true then it's utterly unbelievable! 

or is it? 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Seriously?

I must have missed this, but if that's true then it's utterly unbelievable!

or is it?

Seriously

Correct.

IMO there is no difference. Scottish Government has done nothing to address this blight on our society other than bringing in laws to criminalise football supporters. Nothing done about medieval segregated education, social inclusion and open, unilateral, condemnation by those muppets in the shoogly shack at Holyrood

Since you voted no to Scotland being a real country why do you care what happens in the SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT?

If the police and courts won't use the laws to prosecute criminals then there is nothing that politicians can do.   And since we know that judges and the police are infested with old firm bigots there is a bit of a problem.

Attacking religious schools is sectarian behaviour which makes you just as guilty as the old scum supporters.  Must try harder to pretend not to be a bigot.  You're the kind of person who gets HMFC tagged with the Diet Hun label.

Footballfirst

It was a Partick fan who was done for the "sectarian" song in Jan 2014.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/student-convicted-under-controversial-anti-sectarian-3037633

A STUDENT held after chanting abuse about the Pope and the Queen at a football match has been convicted under controversial anti-sectarian laws.

But Adam Richmond, 19, walked away without a criminal record after a sheriff said he should not have been dragged into court.

The case has sparked a fresh wave of criticism over the Government?s Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act, driven into place two years ago after a bad-tempered Old Firm match and designed to clamp down on sectarian abuse at games and online.

Football fans, lawyers and civil liberty campaigners have branded the legislation unnecessary and confused after cases have been questioned when they reached court.

Richmond was arrested after police heard him singing ?**** your Pope and **** your Queen? as Partick Thistle played Celtic at Firhill in October.

Thistle fans sing the song to distance themselves from Rangers and Celtic.

At Glasgow Sheriff Court, he was found guilty by Sheriff Norman Ritchie QC of behaviour likely to incite public disorder by singing sectarian and offensive remarks.

But he told the teenager: ?You are not the sort of person who creates the problem and needs this legislation.?

He then discharged him absolutely. That means Richmond, from Penilee, Glasgow, has no criminal record despite being found guilty.

Yesterday, solicitor advocate Chris Fyffe said: ?I struggle to see the point of this Act. One of the major concerns was it had an extremely long reach and was very vague in its terms.

?This seems to be being borne out to a certain extent by some of these decisions, suggesting there is a reluctance on the part of the sheriffs to find one person in a crowd of 3000 guilty.

?Because of its vagueness, you can have a situation theoretically where somebody is saying something which is, on the face of it, offensive ? it doesn?t have to be sectarian or racist and people do shout things at football matches ? so there?s a potential there for criminalising football fans for what they have been doing for the past 150 years.

?These cases seem to be reflecting the concern a lot of lawyers ? and not just defence lawyers but sheriffs as well ? are having regarding this legislation.

?What it really seems to be doing is focusing on football behaviour as opposed to what many people see as the real concern, which is sectarianism in Scotland.

?It seems we are criminalising people who are letting off steam in a relatively secure environment.?

Product design student Richmond was told he was a credible witness until he was asked about singing the song, when his evidence turned ?decidedly lukewarm? and his confidence ?evaporated?.

The Thistle song is supposed to celebrate the club?s neutrality from Old Firm bigotry with the line: ?We hate the boys in royal blue, we hate the boys in emerald green, **** your Pope and **** your Queen.?

Richmond told the court that the song is only sung when Thistle play Celtic or Rangers and the lyrics represent taking a stand against religion in football.

Richmond, who has been going to games with his dad since he was six, said: ?To me, from my understanding of the song, I don?t see how it can be offensive.?

But anti-sectarianism charity Nil By Mouth said they hoped that Richmond had learned his lesson.

Campaigns director David Scott said: ?The use of this type of language at a match is no longer acceptable no matter what the context.

?Fans at all league clubs are warned on the back of their ticket and before the start of games that offensive singing or chanting is not allowed.

?Clearly, if this man wants to keep religion out of football, he should not have been singing what he did.?

When we contacted Richmond at his home, he declined to comment.

But a family friend said: ?Adam has never been in trouble in his life. This has been hanging over for him for months and has been a terrible strain.

?He was the only one arrested even though he was in a group of about 300 fans.

?Adam has been told he will not have to declare this as a conviction when he goes for a job, which is a real relief.

?This is a song that the Thistle fans have been singing for years without any previous complaints.

?There is no intention of causing offence. All it really does is poke fun at Celtic and Rangers fans.?

Partick Thistle declined to comment on the case.

Just like the Chelsea fans caught on camera  these Rangers supporters would be identifiable if an effor twas made. Police action could then follow, a further ban from European competition would also be a good idea.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

After BT's decision to dump Stan Collymore over his tweets about the sectarian singing at the LC semi-final, followed by the broadcasting of the sectarian and hate ridden songs last night, I have sent the following complaint to BT. I will post any reply I receive in case anyone is interested.

"I subscribe to BT Sport.

Last night I watched the Raith Rovers v Rangers football match on BT Sport. On a number of occasions offensive songs, banned by the Scottish Government, and therefor illegal, were clearly audible on your broadcast. Although I am not one of the targets of those songs, ie I am neither Catholic nor Irish (nor do I support Celtic), I do find them offensive and know, as a fact, that they do incite violence.

I believe that BT Sport withdrew an invitation to Stan Collymore due to tweets he'd made condemning the actions of Rangers supporters at a recent match involving Rangers and Celtic. I cannot imagine how any right minded people, and particularly those governing a national broadcaster, could fail to agree with Mr Collymore's stance.

Can you advise me whether or not BT Sport, or indeed the whole of BT Television, agree that something should be done to eradicate this blight on Scottish football, and Scotland, or do you side with those who continue to sing their illegal songs of hate? Your actions so far suggest it is the latter.

Instead of dumping pundits prepared to stand up to the bully-boys in order to bring a hitherto taboo wrong into the public arena, perhaps BT should commission a documentary showing how this culture of hate is ingrained in Scotland, all the way to the very top of it's society. I'd welcome the songs that both sides of the divide belt out being investigated and the part played by the football clubs of Scotland, and particularly the SFA and successive league bodies, in allowing this sore to fester for some hundred years or more.

Or perhaps you'd just prefer to avoid the issue like so many before you?

I wonder if BT has the integrity and ability to respond fully to my complaint and state your stance on sectarian and hate filled songs being transmitted in your broadcasts?

For the record, I am a contributor to TSFM (The Scottish Football Monitor) and to my own club's fan website. I will be posting this complaint on both and updating them with any response, or lack of!"

Since you voted no to Scotland being a real country why do you care what happens in the SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT?

If the police and courts won't use the laws to prosecute criminals then there is nothing that politicians can do.   And since we know that judges and the police are infested with old firm bigots there is a bit of a problem.

Attacking religious schools is sectarian behaviour which makes you just as guilty as the old scum supporters.  Must try harder to pretend not to be a bigot.  You're the kind of person who gets HMFC tagged with the Diet Hun label.

And who took the blanket off your cage?

You should have paid more attention at school, especially interpretation. You couldn't be further from the truth with your inference as to me being a bigot lol

Oh and come clean about your footballing loyalties. Your no Jambo

Do the rules as they stand allow for escalation punishments ie from fines to closed for games to points deductions for this behaviour?

Archived