Hibs v Berwick or Spartans

Martin_T

manaliveits105

You can feel the confidence from Edinburgh harbour bubbling up already its oor year likesy - theres a 1 and a 5 in it

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In recent years it's almost looked like Hibs have been allowed to hand pick their cup opponents. The number of times they get lower league opponents is scary.

Maroon Sailor

Inverness v Raith

Queen of the South v Falkirk

Hibernian v Spartans or Berwick

Dundee Utd v Celtic

7/8 March

In recent years it's almost looked like Hibs have been allowed to hand pick their cup opponents. The number of times they get lower league opponents is scary.

And at the San Giro.

Like I said earlier, I'd like to see the stats.

loveofthegame

FFS. Manky lucky pricks.

I know a few of the Spartans lads and hope for they get a win in the replay as they deserve a "dream" tie like that. Hibs will beat either side so it doesn't matter.

Just got to hope Celtic stay in it. So long as they are there, Hibs shouldn't win the thing...

It's ridiculous that they've not capitalised on the consistently perfect draws they keep getting in the cups year after year!!

Stick on they will get Q of S or Falkirk in the semi - not that they are guaranteed to win that one!

Not convinced Hibs would beat ICT, United or Celtic.

or Falkirk, Raith or QOTS to be honest....

They got the only possible tie where they should be entirely confident of progressing

Would genuinely prefer them to win it over a possible Celtic treble! Bout time Capital football took centre stage!  :shuriken:

Would genuinely prefer them to win it over a possible Celtic treble! Bout time Capital football took centre stage!  :shuriken:

Aye very good son.

Not convinced Hibs would beat ICT, United or Celtic.

Depends if ICT were as gutless as they were at Ibrox earlier in the season.

Maroon Sailor

Hibs draws last 6 seasons

Irvine Meadow H

Edinburgh City or Montrose H ........... Montrose beat Edinburgh City

Ross Co H ..........lost replay

Ayr H ........lost replay

Cowdenbeath A

Kilmarnock H

Ayr A

Aberdeen N

Hearts N

Hearts H

Aberdeen H

Kilmarnock A

Falkirk N

Celtic N

Ross Co A

Raith H

Ayr or Alloa A .......... Alloa won replay

Arbroath H

Spartans or Berwick H

Drawn at home 10 times from the last possible 15 for them

Hearts due to play raith on 7th of march. Free weekend.

An opportunity to bring another fixture forward, preferably not the Rangers game.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Think a Championship team could win it this year - my money would be on QoS or Raith. As for Hibs, a good draw could easily get them to the final but they will bottle it - especially against a team like Raith or QoS who will be utterly fearless. Definitely an intriguing last 8 though - everyone outside of Spartans/Berwick will fancy their chances. Expectation at Easter Road will as usual be taken to delusional heights.

They really are lucky ******* when it comes to the Scottish Cup draw.

Lower league oppostion at home every single year.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Hibs need a new way to make us laugh. We've seen the relegation parties gone wrong, their own relegation, the derby disasters, the cup final, the record euro hammerings, their championship form, the flair myth being exposed, all the rubbish managers, the misbehaving players, their finances being shot to pieces, the broken conveyor belt of talent, the boardroom unrest. A home defeat in the cup by their "youth development partner" would be that new low.

Celtic trebble all the way. Would be funny to see Hibs lose a final again, but I'd rather they got knocked. Save them earning any extra income.

??

Or did you mean trouble?

Yeah.

Great.

It was only Arbroath you beat.

I hope Berwick or Spartans get Celtic away. That would sort either club financially for quite some time. Hibs away to Utd should see them pumped.

As my username would become obsolete - I disagree! :D

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Would genuinely prefer them to win it over a possible Celtic treble! Bout time Capital football took centre stage:shuriken:

Like in 2012? Hibs forgot to turn up though. It was a nice show of capital solidarity when they got relegated with us though.

ToadKiller Dog

I believe that this might just nearly be Hibs year .

It's written in the stars .

Hibs will make the cup final blowing their play off chances beating the orcs just to lose the play off final to Ross county or the midden .

Then a 4-0 thumping in the cup final but their season will be saved as the win a fine moral victory which nobody can take from them .

Other than that I don't give a damn .

I'm a United fan but agree, Hibs get some amount of luck in the draws, so many times i see them at home to dross in both competitions

Even in Semi final draws, like 2012, they got Aberdeen and avoided Celtic/Hearts, year later they get Falkirk and avoid Celtic/United

We (United) are the opposite, our recent Scottish Cup draws from today further back - Celtic(h), Stranraer(a), Motherwell(a), Sevco('n') Inverness(a) St Mirren(h), Killie(h), Celtic(n), Dundee(a), Sevco(h), Stranraer(a), Celtic(h), Rangers(a), Airdrie(a), Motherwell(h), Hamilton(a), Ross County(h), Raith(n), Rangers(a), St Johnstone(a), Partick(a), Hamilton(a)

You get the idea

Just checked, outwith Sevco the other year the last time we drew a lower league side at home was Ayr Utd in 2002 who were high flying in division one at the time and reached a Final i'm sure

The Vermin have the most incredible luck when it comes to cup draws.

Shame they hit a brick wall every final game though.

Of course the tie they got is the best one but not so sure the rest of the draw is that favourable. Celtic/Dundee Utd would be big favourites to beat them. Inverness will be delighted with a home tie and avoiding Celtic and United. Queens or Falkirk proven this season they can be tough to beat (Queens are on a par with this hibs squad imo, as the table shows)

It'll be another almost to celebrate

At the time of the 2012 final I was sitting there thinking to myself. as long as Hearts win this final, I won't be too bothered if they win the scottish cup at some point. Still not too bothered. However, I think Celtic will win the treble and they might get another day out like in 2013.

Why on earth would you say that? You haven't won the thing for well over a century and Celtic would demolish them. Even Hearts struggle against Celtic.

Do you want Hibs just to concentrate on getting to the play-offs? That makes sense even though it is looking increasingly unlikely.

More chance of beating Celtic at home than Hampden.

Spartans or Berwick ensures a wee trip through to the national stadium again, hopefully draw Raith and make the final and make some money for the club.

While HIbs dropping out against Berwick or Spartans would be funny, I prefer they get Raith or Falkirk or QotS in Hampden and do a faceplant there.  The bigger the stage, the funnier it is.

In the meantime, cheers to anyone who knocks out Celtic.

Desperate for Spartans to sneak through now and put Hibs out.

If they pull it off Spartans can forever call Hibs the wee team!

Archived