Kenny McDowell told he must play the Newcastle 5

mr fox

Apparently McDowell has been instructed that the Newcastle 5 must play every game if fit.

Does this sound familiar !!!!!

It gets worse every week over there

Good hope its a complete failure . Now what I would do if my work decided to bring in half a new workforce to replace us. Stand back and let them do it themselves

Good hope its a complete failure . Now what I would do if my work decided to bring in half a new workforce to replace us. Stand back and let them do it themselves

Especially if your contract was up in the summer anyway and you knew you weren't going to be offered a new one.

that's exactly it .....totally not going to work

Apparently McDowell has been instructed that the Newcastle 5 must play every game if fit.

Not if the players are better than what is already there, which is a distinct possibility.

Not if the players are better than what is already there, which is a distinct possibility.

which they probably are but the bigger picture is unrest and morale and that will be the winner

It's bad for the team because..

1) If the Newcastle 5 know they don't need to earn their place in the team they may not work as hard as they might have done.

2) The rest of the squad will become demotivated and disgruntled because they've no chance of getting a game no matter how they perform in training.

3) Squad morale is damaged and cliques are formed. divisions between N5 and side lined players.

4) You need a squad of players to be a successful team. Injuries and suspensions to N5 players could mean a previously discarded and unmotivated fringe player is called upon. How are they going to perform in the first team? Will they try a leg?

5) Say the N5 players aren't performing well. How will the fans react if they are getting in the first team every week.

6) Who can the players go to with their frustrations. They can't just knock on the managers door because they know he's not calling the shots.

True but what happens if things just don't click. Shoehorning 5 players into a team from the start is a massive gamble. If they don't play as well as expected they will still play as they can't be dropped

Jambof3tornado

Taxi for McDowell!

He wont quit. More likely a ride on mower than a taxi to take him down to Allys allotment for some gardening!

chuck berrys hairline

Told by who? If it's Ashley then the SFA should surely be looking at it.

Think it was by Llambias & Easdale earlier in the big thread!

Told by who? If it's Ashley then the SFA should surely be looking at it.

My first thought.

HTF can it ever be construed that Ashley isn't having an influence over the rangers.

Hackney Hearts

Here's the video at press conference, unreal

http://bit.ly/1ziKGRw

My God, that's extraordinary! Makes our old 'fax machine' days look positively sensible.

And it's really weird every time he says he's just doing his job - when you know he's already handed in his resignation!

The latest revelation makes the SFA's failure to act promptly and decisively about Ashley really makes them look what they really are - clueless and ineffective when it comes to dealing with Rangers.

fabienleclerq

Think it was by Llambias & Easdale earlier in the big thread!

Just seen it on ssn, tbf to McDowell he drops them right in it by answering honestly.

The Silent Assassin

I take great comfort in sevcos  demise and all the pain they are going through but watching that press conference was actually quite disturbing the poor guy looked close to tears I know he will take a financial hit to just tell them to ram it but some times it isn't just about money and you have to keep youre dignity( shocking )

Ashley is a horrible git - complete control freak and bully and also doesn't give a ..... what anyone thinks.

FTFY

Hackney Hearts

divisions between N5 and side lined players.

Injuries and suspensions to N5 players 

Say the N5 players aren't performing well.

This is weird too. I live in N5.

disgruntledfan

McDowell has played a blinder in that interview. Basically saying I do not pick the team, the board controls everything so if it goes tits up "don't blame me".

No it gets BETTER.

Any team spirit or morale they had left in the dressing room will be shattered.   There is going to be a real 'them and us' atmosphere - Fantastic!  :)

alwaysthereinspirit

Ashley is a horrible git - complete control freak and bully

and that is why we love him. They compliment each other so well.

McDowell has played a blinder in that interview. Basically saying I do not pick the team, the board controls everything so if it goes tits up "don't blame me".

I don't know if he's really that clever, but by giving such an interview he is surely setting himself up for Gardening Leave ala Butcher/McCoist

What is it with these ex rangers players and their feckin gardens !!

I don't know if he's really that clever, but by giving such an interview he is surely setting himself up for Gardening Leave ala Buthcher/McCoist

He's both wanting gardening leave asap and he's maybe helping out Dave King by showing up the board again before the EGM.

I take great comfort in sevcos  demise and all the pain they are going through but watching that press conference was actually quite disturbing the poor guy looked close to tears I know he will take a financial hit to just tell them to ram it but some times it isn't just about money and you have to keep youre dignity( shocking )

You wonder how McCoist would have reacted?

But he probably wouldn't have accepted it.  

But who is the more principled?  McCoist for getting his fully paid garden leave and now avoiding the pressure or McDowall who has been left in the impossible position.

I think the only thing McDowall could have answered differently would be along the lines of:-

'The guys come from Newcastle, are very talented, young and high athletic fitness levels.  Just the boost the squad needs.  They are contracted to start every week but I will talk to the board about the must play contract position if the coaching team believe they are struggling form wise and other squad members are really showing it in training'

travellingjambo

Take the gardening leave now Kenny or you could find yourself wearing a concrete overcoat in the Kingston bridge.

I don't know if he's really that clever, but by giving such an interview he is surely setting himself up for Gardening Leave ala Butcher/McCoist

He might be trying, but he's Llambias' patsy for now.

Unless he resigns, he will do as Llambias tells him.  And some of these rolling contracts allow either side to break it but for 1 year compensation.  KM may not be in a position financially to just walk out without working his notice.  

I know very little of these 5 - anybody got an idea who's positions they will fill?   Miller, McCulloch, McGregor, Law, etc, bumped??   Sure they will be delighted and will do all they can to integrate the new boys into the team...........;)

Felt a bit sorry for McDowell there but does work for sevco so hey ho get on with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Scottish media will go to town on Ashley like they did VR?

Is that a serious question?

Archived