The fortnightly drum thread

Doctor FinnBarr

queensferryjambo

To be fair we were standing on the Terrace on the left hand side (looking onto the goal) and there was a good bit of singing and reasonable atmosphere at times. The drummer boys were to the right hand side and we hardly heard them.

The only atmosphere generated where we stood was due to good goals and good play (and possibly alcohol consumption).

I would still love to know what the words are to whatever they are droning on about - just out of pure curiosity. 

They started hello hello and got shushed. 1-2 of them also sang **** the IRA and BJK.

Didn't hear hello hello, heard Danny Wilson, the Europe song, heart of Midlothian (a tuneful ditty) Dale Carrick, when I was young, James Keatings, Gomis and the hearts song......

Didn't hear hello hello, heard Danny Wilson, the Europe song, heart of Midlothian (a tuneful ditty) Dale Carrick, when I was young, James Keatings, Gomis and the hearts song......

If it wasn't them, then it was people very close to them trying to get Hello Hello going so I would suggest you need to go and see your doctor about that case of selective hearing that you have.

As well as the other two songs I mentioned, a few of them also sung songs about each other (presumably - it was names I didn't recognise "Johnny Miller" was one - apparently "he smokes the hash and he sings the sash"). That was just annoying.  

1-2 of the songs were OK - the Keatings one was good.

If they could completely get rid of the dodgy songs, I wouldn't mind them that much.

I agree with the previous comment that the drummer drumming for 90 minutes solid does stop other songs getting started. He seems to drum far too slow to some songs, particularly "Since I was young".

I also think the could take a break from time to time, especially when we're singing the Hearts song. If those lads had tried starting 1-2 of the old fashioned ones that everyone knows, without the drum then there would have been a better atmosphere.

I do think the open terrace makes it harder to get songs going because the sound doesn't bounce around the stand, like it does at Raith etc, so hard to criticise the fans as a whole. It was also really really cold!

Straightfromtheheart

must say its an improvement we have had 2 different threads about the young team and no one has mentioned any pyro or smoke bombs, 

queensferryjambo

must say its an improvement we have had 2 different threads about the young team and no one has mentioned any pyro or smoke bombs, 

Maybe because they never set any off this time at Alloa?

Not that Keen on the drums but if it creates a better atmosphere am all for it , it would have Been thrown over the wall into tynie school I reckon if someone tried bringing a drum into the shed 20 odd years ago but doesn't bother me in the slightest- folk than moan are the boring ***** that sit at tynie moaning for 90mins every 2nd weekend , on yis go

The young team were shooshing some older forty somethings who were trying to start the Gorgie Boys song. Their behaviour was impeccable last night and they were a credit to our support. Nothing wrong with attempting to instil a bit of atmosphere. Could certainly do with it.

It's pretty pathetic some of the knobends amongst our support quick to point the finger and make stuff up. Grumpy auld men with **** all better to do!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

It's just a bunch of wee laddies enjoying themselves at the football. Don't see why folk get so wound up about it.

The young team were shooshing some older forty somethings who were trying to start the Gorgie Boys song. Their behaviour was impeccable last night and they were a credit to our support. Nothing wrong with attempting to instil a bit of atmosphere. Could certainly do with it.

It's pretty pathetic some of the knobends amongst our support quick to point the finger and make stuff up. Grumpy auld men with **** all better to do!

Definitely one or two of them mentioning the pope a few times but majority were quiet when it came to tht point of song .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why anyone would try and ridicule these boys for trying to create an atmosphere is beyond me, your at a football match enjoy yourself for ***** sake

Why anyone would try and ridicule these boys for trying to create an atmosphere is beyond me, your at a football match enjoy yourself for ***** sake

Some people don't like change, this is the way all of 'young team' support their teams. Good luck to them...

Can I just jump in and say that I will join any bandwagon, drums/racism/bigotry/drugs/shan patter/whatever, if it means we are signing songs about John Millar at Hearts games.

Glad someone else heard it.

The wind must have silenced it for some people.

Again the older guys standing in front of them were the catalyst. Guy in the hearts scarf hat thing, he got the old party songs started at the beginning of the 2nd half. Boy standing directly beside me kept trying to start the "forever and ever" with the FTP and Albert Kidd, he was solo every time till he was telt to shut up. Incidentally that boy was also singing "Stubsy" when everyone else was singing "gomis" to one of the weird Eastern European drum songs!!

Young boys were harmless, just learn some better songs!

Can I just jump in and say that I will join any bandwagon, drums/racism/bigotry/drugs/shan patter/whatever, if it means we are signing songs about John Millar at Hearts games.

I could be wrong, but they sang his name around the same time as they were singing songs like "we're going back to so and so's house for a party" which was directed at one of the group.

So I'm fairly sure it's just a coincidence that one of them shares a name with a player who left hearts before they were all born.

I could be wrong, but they sang his name around the same time as they were singing songs like "we're going back to so and so's house for a party" which was directed at one of the group.

So I'm fairly sure it's just a coincidence that one of them shares a name with a player who left hearts before they were all born.

The bold Millar could be their grandfather!

I'll leave it there......!

Francis Albert

Has it ever occurred to you that others might enjoy themselves in different ways from you or  that your enjoyment might actually impair others' enjoyment?

The "laddies" and their fans seem quite quick to ridicule people who  think bouncing around to a drum beat isn't a necessary part of a day out at football. Apparently we'd all be inhabiting a morgue if it wasn't for the joy the "laddies" bring us.

Again the older guys standing in front of them were the catalyst. Guy in the hearts scarf hat thing, he got the old party songs started at the beginning of the 2nd half. Boy standing directly beside me kept trying to start the "forever and ever" with the FTP and Albert Kidd, he was solo every time till he was telt to shut up. Incidentally that boy was also singing "Stubsy" when everyone else was singing "gomis" to one of the weird Eastern European drum songs!!

Young boys were harmless, just learn some better songs!

The boy was jumping up and down shouting pogo as per the old shed days, it was that cold I nearly joined in, as for the laddies, I was in front of them as well, they were doing nothing wrong or offensive in my opinion.

What's that Argentina song av heard folk singing a few times at away games this season ? Like the sound of it but no idea what the words are ???

I P Knightley

When they're a bit older and chasing birds they'll realise that taking a drum to a game isn't cool and it'll stop. :)

If they've any sense, they'll graduate to the saxophone. 

It's unbelievable the amount of clunge a young laddie can get when he can play the saxophone.

I enjoyed the drum. Don't mind it at all at away matches and I think it creates a great atmosphere. Not too sure about home games though.

Keep up the good work lads, and keep bringing the drum and maybe one day all the moaners on JBK will implode into a pit of their own grumpiness. Long live the drum.

Archived