Ian Black

Craigieboy

I lump Black in with the likes of Davie Weir.  Probably not a particularly nice individual, seems to go out his way to be an arsehole against us (but thats maybe just my paranoia) and often made to look a bit childish.  But they played a major part in 2 of the best days in my life so I'm not going to sit and rant about them.  We binned Black, he took the offer that made him the most money, exactly what most of us would do.  His behaviour yesterday, and he was nowhere near the worst in a white jersey, in no way spoiled my enjoyment.  I'm maybe in the minority but I'm not going to stick the boot in.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was in the brig inn last night with his jambo mates

someone offered you ? 7500 a week you would grab it ,  doesnt matter who they are 

he would come back to the famous in minute

always will be part off the 5-1 team

agree he is a waster  :2thumbsup:

Black is forever in my cool book, purely for playing like Vieira against the shite at Hampden.

was thinking about his elbow on Leigh Griffiths yesterday early in game when something like it went unpunished

The Silent Assassin

I wonder how many of the keyboard warriors on here actually know Blackie personally before they have personal attacks on him not many I bet I wouldnt come on here and call anyone a rat etc etc unless I knew them personally even then better telling them face to face than hiding behind a computer screen.IMHO

He was a standout in the final. That's all that matters to me. 

This for me.  He ran the midfield that day.  Regardless of his overall contribution during his time with us, I will always remember him with great fondness for that 90 minutes.

I wonder how many of the keyboard warriors on here actually know Blackie personally before they have personal attacks on him not many I bet I wouldnt come on here and call anyone a rat etc etc unless I knew them personally even then better telling them face to face than hiding behind a computer screen.IMHO

You make a good point but ruined it with 'keyboard warriors'.

I lump Black in with the likes of Davie Weir.  Probably not a particularly nice individual, seems to go out his way to be an arsehole against us (but thats maybe just my paranoia) and often made to look a bit childish.  But they played a major part in 2 of the best days in my life so I'm not going to sit and rant about them.  We binned Black, he took the offer that made him the most money, exactly what most of us would do.  His behaviour yesterday, and he was nowhere near the worst in a white jersey, in no way spoiled my enjoyment.  I'm maybe in the minority but I'm not going to stick the boot in.

Agreed.  As far as I can recall, he didn't set out to injure any of our players, unlike a few of his team mates.  Sure, he put in a few niggly tackles, but that's what you expect from him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Quite tame, disguised framing the points for us nicely. Good job by Blackie, he can paint it maroon alright.

Why is anybody remotely surprised?  Every other team hated him at ICT, but he was a useful, if nippy, member of their squad.

He came 'home' to Hearts and was exactly the same - we were glad he was in our team (by and large....), and he got right on everyone else's teats.

We are just seeing the same player but from the other side of the looking glass.  He's back to being an annoying wee scrote who should be seeing red 1 in 3 times he steps on the pitch.

He'll always have a place in our hearts for the way he casually ruled the midfield on 19/05/12 (and nearly knocked some sense into the Thumb in the process), but legend is a word best reserved for others who gave more over a longer period with a great deal more consistency than wee Blackie could ever supply.

kingantti1874

he was in the brig inn last night with his jambo mates

someone offered you ? 7500 a week you would grab it , doesnt matter who they are

he would come back to the famous in minute

always will be part off the 5-1 team

agree he is a waster :2thumbsup:

:lol:

There's a whole lot of truth in that post...

Yes he's abhorrent when playing for them, but can't hate him... Never ever.. He's one of our own and a 2012 legend... Always remember him crying after the game as he knew it'd be his last

:lol:

There's a whole lot of truth in that post...

Yes he's abhorrent when playing for them, but can't hate him... Never ever.. He's one of our own and a 2012 legend... Always remember him crying after the game as he knew it'd be his last

But what a way to bow out!  Saved his finest performance in a maroon jersey for the game that mattered more than any other in our history.

Maybe not a legend, but a cult hero definitely.

I thought he played poorly yesterday in all areas of his game. Too many of their players wanted to injure our players, because they knew that was their best chance of getting any points from the game. Pathetic performance from Rangers yesterday, and long may it continue :)

The Silent Assassin

Looking at it now I regret putting that in but you can see my point .

MacDonald Jardine

Class A rodent who epitomizes everything horrible about that vile club!

It's staggering to think how anyone can label him a legend yet big Elvis is regarded by many as a snake or judas long before his truly deserved legendary status!

I seriously doubt you are a Hearts fan.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

did someone mention 'his football'?!?

wish there was some kind of rule to keep people like Black out of football

so glad when he left our club

and you can stuff 19/5/12, I could have played in his position against these wasters and we'd still have won

I remember him being a Jeckyl and Hyde character who would be man of the match with a dominating midfield performance one week and then sell the Jerseys by getting sent off for ludicrous hotheaded tackles the next.

Yesterday he was a long way from being as good as he sometimes was at Hearts but it was a similar distance from being as dickish as his worst days in maroon.

Dagger Is Back

I don't know the fella.

Was a decent MF for us and his performance in the CF of 2012 was a lesson in how to boss a MF.

We didn't want him bad enough so he moved on to make himself and his family a wad of money.

Like many others he's being wasted at Ibrox. Like every other member of that cup winning team, he's a legend in my eyes.

In years to come he'll still be remembered as part of that squad and for his performance.

It's ok to ridicule and slag ian off but let's face it hes only doing his job.

He'll be gutted not to be carrying the league trophy round tynecastle in a maroon shirt on the last day but he'll be celebrating when he gets home don't worry about that.

He'll likely get himself sent off the 2nd last game of the season so he can sit in the stand and watch! Hes never hidden his colours and this year, barring a bonus, he has nothing to play for at rangers. They won't renew his contract and he'd rather hearts won the league anyway.

We know his limitations but he was an ideal commander in our team when we had the silk of Rudi in there beside him.

Not a likeable man or character. But a hearts legend.

I had a chat with him at the HYDC dinner a couple of years back.  He seemed like a reasonable guy to me.

I'm significantly annoyed with this thread.  This is a Jambo we're talking about here.  Not only that but a Jambo who played superbly in a 5-1 Scottish Cup Final victory.  Not only that but the openent was Hibernian F C.

We should be talking about a statue, not ripping him to shreds.

Would love to meet him in person one day and congratulate him on that performance.

I'm significantly annoyed with this thread.  This is a Jambo we're talking about here.  Not only that but a Jambo who played superbly in a 5-1 Scottish Cup Final victory.  Not only that but the openent was Hibernian F C.

Would love to meet him in person one day and congratulate him on that performance.

Well said Kiwidoug.  The shock at a paid footballer trying his hardest for the team that pays his wages ! Thought he played in much the same way as did for us

Well said Kiwidoug.  The shock at a paid footballer trying his hardest for the team that pays his wages ! Thought he played in much the same way as did for us

well said,seconded!!

fabienleclerq

I'm significantly annoyed with this thread. This is a Jambo we're talking about here. Not only that but a Jambo who played superbly in a 5-1 Scottish Cup Final victory. Not only that but the openent was Hibernian F C.

It's ripping the way he behaves on a football pitch, rolling about feigning injury and snarling at the ref trying to get decisions when his player clearly dived. He behaves like an arsehole, people call him one. I'm sure he'll be greeting in his Bentley, drying his eyes with fifty Bob notes when he hears of this thread.

Yours

Keyboard hardman

I'm significantly annoyed with this thread. This is a Jambo we're talking about here. Not only that but a Jambo who played superbly in a 5-1 Scottish Cup Final victory. Not only that but the openent was Hibernian F C.

Thirded or fourthed or whatever it is

A statue? :rofl:

Why wasn't he sent off at the pen? Already on a yellow and arguably last man was he not?

:facepalm:

No such rule as last man.

The Real Maroonblood

Your OK Blackie.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not getting the seethe, to be honest.

While Black starts in the Sevco midfield, it shows how shite they truly are.

Teuchterjambo

I have no idea what Ian Black is like as an individual and don't care ... he is a professional footballer and I am happy to judge him on that. On the football field he is an odious individual who is happy to berate and threaten his fellow pros and has never been shy putting in shocking challenges that can and have injured people ..... that is his mantra and it always has been whoever he played for. There was time in his career when he played for Hearts and most fans knew he was a thug on the pitch because they had seen it from the other side of the fence when he played for others (are now seeing it again) but there was some kind of warped consolation that he was "our thug" and that made it more acceptable,

We got 6 months of good performance from him culminating in the cup final performance and it was preceded by 2 years of mediocrity ... not the stuff of legends.

I've said on here before and I don't like Ian Black. Anyone who had the privilege to pull in a Maroon Jersey then puts a bet on his team to lose is nothing short of wa@@@@.

I've said on here before and I don't like Ian Black. Anyone who had the privilege to pull in a Maroon Jersey then puts a bet on his team to lose is nothing short of wa@@@@.

You're not wrong jayjay but, in the pecking order of things, at least he didn't leave an SPL Hearts for a bottom division Sevco in order to screw up his career but have a large wallet.  Isn't that right, Temps?

When Black was with us he was ordinary at best in the first 2 and a half seasons and decent in the last half season, particularly in the cup final. At the time I though it was a classic case of only trying hard when your contract is coming to an end.

Watching him at the game on Saturday I don't think he's changed, an annoying snapping at your heels type midfielder who needs better plays to give the ball to to be effective.

I don't get the love from fans just because he supports us. He's very limited, and like Gary Locke as a manager, not good enough.

He's an annoying wee dick on the pitch. As he was for us.

Doesn't change the fact he was the MoTM in the cup final, for which I can forgive him a great many things.

Maroonblood22

Running into the box one on one ??

Flattened by the LAST defender and penalty given??

Surely a card no?

I don't think he's debating whether it was a card or not, just stating the fact that there is no such thing as the 'last man rule'. It's only whether the offender has prevented a CLEAR goalscoring opportunity - being on the edge of the box and with another defender potentially able to cover when walker got past Black... this wasn't one of those cases.

In general, as Hearts fans we are good at staying loyal to former players unless there is a very good reason.

Saturday was the first time I have seen Ian Black since that cup final. For that performance alone, I'm forever grateful, and will never forget his part in that amazing day. 

He wanted to stay but we didn't offer him the chance. He was offered a decent income elsewhere. I'm not going to criticise him for that.

Surely a card no?

It's not a clear goalscoring opportunity, given that Walker is going away from goal and another player would have easily got back had Walker gone round Black. Given that and the foul itself wasn't bad enough to merit a card, he didn't get a second yellow.

Surely a card no?

One on one? :lol:

Away from goal to the corner. What does it matter he was "last"? Also, a penalty doesn't need a yellow or red card given.

Салатные палочки

Absolutely nowhere near as bad as Law and McCulloch IMO. 

Archived