Paterson Called up to Scotland Squad

sandyk

Barry Anderson ?@BarryAnderson_ ? 55s55 seconds ago

Hearts defender Callum Paterson called into the Scotland squad for Ireland and England games. #HMFC #TartanArmy

Prince Buaben

Well done Callum. Probably wont play but good to get the experience of being with Senior sqaud.

Suspeneded for Saturday anyway. :ninja:

Tremendous news for Callum, it'll be a great experience for him.

Now where are those threads on callum from a few weeks back where folk were giving me grief for saying he was a future scotland full back?

great news for him and the club (seeing as he is suspended for the Falkirk game). Bardsley is out so he will be back-up for whoever is put into the RB slot. Bet hibsnet loves this

fraz the postie

Will this affect our game V Falkirk ?,

Interesting to see what position strachan thinks he's best suited to.

Maroon Sailor

great news for him and the club (seeing as he is suspended for the Falkirk game). Bardsley is out so he will be back-up for whoever is put into the RB slot. Bet hibsnet loves this

Robertson will probably be in the starting line up - then again there is Whittaker !

Its also a shot in the arm for the club - Craig and Robbie, who are trying to sell the development side to young players, and the fact that the environment will allow them to progress

Robertson will probably be in the starting line up - then again there is Whittaker !

Robertson LB, Whittaker RB I would presume. Hutton and Bardsley both injured.

grantaitchie8

I am quite shocked, but thinking about it, who else is there? Hutton injured, bardsley out now and Whittaker are the only other ones that spring to mind. There's no one in the scottish premiership I can think of who is better. It'll be good for him to be around the squad, and hopefully motivate him to push on further, although I can't imagine he'll get any game time though.

Given that the Hutton, Whittaker and Bardsley are all, to varying degrees, old and crap this is a very decent chance for Callum to pick up some caps in the next few years.

Maroon Sailor

Robertson LB, Whittaker RB I would presume. Hutton and Bardsley both injured.

Yeah I think it's pretty safe to say that's what Strachan will go with

Totally ridiculous call up. Still finding his feet again after injury. Only positive is he won't get injured playing for the?21's now

I am quite shocked, but thinking about it, who else is there? Hutton injured, bardsley out now and Whittaker are the only other ones that spring to mind. There's no one in the scottish premiership I can think of who is better. It'll be good for him to be around the squad, and hopefully motivate him to push on further, although I can't imagine he'll get any game time though.

Kirk Broadfootist post imo.

Seething over on Hibs.net David Gray is miles better according to them.Don't they get this call up is all about potential.

Ps I have been impressed whenever I have seen Gray play for Hibs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He's not the best right back at Hearts so of course he should be called up! Blow for Jordan McGhee I'd say

Well done Callum. Strachan had him train with the full squad before, making up the numbers for a full size game, and kept him for a couple of days. He likes him as a player.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

Seething over on Hibs.net David Gray is miles better according to them.Don't they get this call up is all about potential.

Ps I have been impressed whenever I have seen Gray play for Hibs.

Mid table Championship RB :jjyay:

kingantti1874

What's the chances they have done this just to even out the Lewis McLeod call up... I know that is a bit of a legions type post but the timing is strange...

Well done to Calum anyway - think he will go into be a top player..

Regal Kingston

As its a friendly there is every chance he will get on against England.

Well done but i'm quite shocked.

Dr. Funk must have thought it was a wind up when he got the call

I like how one guy says 'imagine if he lined up against raheem sterling'. Is this the same calum paterson who was many people's man of the match in matches against Liverpool? A liverpool team including said player?

Snake Plissken

:spoton:

At least the hibs.net thread got his name right.

The OP quotes a Tweet with the correct spelling in it and still makes an arse of the threat title.

It actually bothers me how frequently some manage to routinely get player's names wrong despite undoubtedly seeing said name everywhere.

What are Hibs fans greeting about exactly? I genuinely don't think Paterson is ready, but this call up will be along the lines of MacLeod, designed to give him experience while providing cover in a worst case scenario. That said, we've had an injury crisis, losing 2 of our first choice RB's, it's hardly weird to then call up a youngster with potential who's also the U21's regular RB. He also fits into Strachan's thinking of having attacking full backs. But naw, let's call up 26 year old journeyman David Gray.

Archived