Wilko Johnson

Sooperstar

I heard a really moving interview on Simon Mayo on radio 2 a few months ago. He was resigned to death and it was really quite moving hearing him discuss it so openly. Amazed at the turnaround in a few months. Great news, really.

This is one of the most uplifting stories of the year. Wilco when he was diagnosed and given months, declined treatment as he watched his wife of many years die after ineffective treatment for cancer. He wanted to make the most of his time and accepted, and even had a laugh about his ultimate demise. I don't know the details but he had a 3 kg tumour removed. While he believed his illness was still terminal, he made an awesome album with roger daltrey and played a live gig in Hammersmith.

He is a wonderful musician (seen him many times with the Feelgoods and Blockheads) and I for one, look forward enormously to seeing him again!

I heard a really moving interview on Simon Mayo on radio 2 a few months ago. He was resigned to death and it was really quite moving hearing him discuss it so openly. Amazed at the turnaround in a few months. Great news, really.

Heard a similar interview on Radcliffe and Maconie. Very humbling stuff, to hear someone who'd just been told he had months to live talk so inspiringly was pretty moving.

Glad to hear he's doing well.

I've just remembered a mate took time off work at his own expense and flew to London as he was insistent he had to see him play on his farewell tour.

That's great news. I only really know the Feelgood stuff, but for the guitar on She Does It Right, I hope he goes on forever.

Great news. Wilko is a truly mental genius. If you haven't heard it, check out Going Back Home recorded with Roger Daltry. Magic.

itsnomarooned
That's great news. I only really know the Feelgood stuff, but for the guitar on She Does It Right, I hope he goes on forever.

Lovely stuff .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

seen him and Norman Watts support The Stranglers at the Picturehouse a few years ago and they were Awesome.

I know that word has been diluted by tw@ts in the near past but that is the word I'm sticking with.

seen him and Norman Watts support The Stranglers at the Picturehouse a few years ago and they were Awesome.

I know that word has been diluted by tw@ts in the near past but that is the word I'm sticking with.

One of the best gigs I have ever seen was Wilko in The Preservation Hall in the mid 80's. Went next door to the Music Box after he finished as Bluefinger were playing and there were probably more people there. Didn't bother Wilko though, he played like there were a thousand people there.

Great news. Bought the last album and loved it. Read a tremendous interview in Classic Rock about his life and the love he had for his wife, who was a childhood sweetheart and bought him his first Fender. Beautiful dude. So pleased.

netherleejambo

Great news - broke my rules to buy a ticket on e-bay to see his farewell tour, it was still worth it! Great performance in Oil City Confidential - worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Great news. Wilko is a truly mental genius. If you haven't heard it, check out Going Back Home recorded with Roger Daltry. Magic.

Second that post....brilliant track

Great news to hear the great man is doing so well.

I P Knightley

I've just remembered a mate took time off work at his own expense and flew to London as he was insistent he had to see him play on his farewell tour.

I'm sure that would appeal to Wilko's sense of humour.

If it doesn't, it does to mine!

Archived