Foundation of Hibs? (Obviously, minimal Hearts content)

bighusref

I have a friend who is currently feeding Sir Tom Farmer's cat, while he's on holiday. Apparently Farmer is really annoyed about the whole takeover talk, and is close to just calling in the debt and mortgages now.

Will he pay for the poppies though?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

Will he pay for the poppies though?

My mate? No chance. He's spent a fortune on Kit-e-kat these last few weeks, and hasn't had a penny refunded. I think he actually might steal poppies from STF, he's that angry. :mad:

jamboinglasgow

Is there really any feeling from general Hibs fans about trying to contribute to buy the club? A lot of the time it needs a crisis that makes fans realise that only they can save the club, I dont think Foundation of Hearts would have been as successful if we were just doing poorly on a football basis. Add in the amount needed to buy the club is much bigger than what FoH paid (through a rich supporter who is underwriting the club.)

My mate? No chance. He's spent a fortune on Kit-e-kat these last few weeks, and hasn't had a penny refunded. I think he actually might steal poppies from STF, he's that angry. :mad:

I feel his hurt (snigger)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is there really any feeling from general Hibs fans about trying to contribute to buy the club? A lot of the time it needs a crisis that makes fans realise that only they can save the club, I dont think Foundation of Hearts would have been as successful if we were just doing poorly on a football basis. Add in the amount needed to buy the club is much bigger than what FoH paid (through a rich supporter who is underwriting the club.)

Bang on the cash.

There is nowhere near enough appetite for this amongst the fans either... They are currently divided.

Watt-Zeefuik

Best of luck to them. The more fan-owned football teams, the better, even when I love seeing those clubs lose on the field.

This is probably the best way forward for Hibs, but it will take them decades to catch up to us at this point. If we manage to win the league this year and roar to the upper parts of the table next season, it might galvanize them a bit, but that will likely take a while.

jamboinglasgow

Bang on the cash.

There is nowhere near enough appetite for this amongst the fans either... They are currently divided.

Yup, I am sure fans want the situation to change but they dont have the desire needed to push it through. They got relegated but with Stubbs doing better and Dempster giving the feeling that everything is changing in how the club is run that inital anger after relelgation has subsided and they can easily chalk off to a bad period. This makes it harder for fans to justify ?10 or ?20 a month in the hope that a year or two years down the line they can buy the club. For us we had a all or nothing attempt that fans had to do or the club would die. Dont get me wrong, I am sure that they can achieve a fan owned Hibs, but it will take a long time to do unless some serious happens financially at Hibs.

Slightly off topic, completely in fact, but saw on my weather app that a deep depression is expected in Lochend around 4.30 this afternoon. It is clearing to the west however and brilliant conditions are expected in Falkirk.

Basil Hayden
Don't get me wrong, I will never get tired of us being the bigger, better, more dominant of the sides but....

(Bear with me) There is a small part that actually thinks if Hibs fans could get themselves together (and Aberdeen, Dundee etc) and create a similar fan ownership scheme as ourselves then Scottish football could succeed again. If money can stay within the clubs and not go to shareholders, Spivs, Doncaster, players on inflated salaries etc then maybe we can pass on a sport for our kids to enjoy as much as we do.

The more fan ownership in Scotland, the less hold the Old Firm have. There is one major stumbling point though, the fans of Hibs (and Aberdeen, Dundee etc) have to want their club as much as we do.

Basically this

But FTH regardless

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Could be very embarrassing for them i.e. would they get a decent turnout?

We could all make pledges to the Foundation of Hibs. Once bought we could close them down.

We are all Wallace Mercer.

Unknown user

We could all make pledges to the Foundation of Hibs. Once bought we could close them down.

0,,10289~5384063,00.jpg

I have a friend who is currently feeding Sir Tom Farmer's cat, while he's on holiday. Apparently Farmer is really annoyed about the whole takeover talk, and is close to just calling in the debt and mortgages now.

Just to be clear...is the cat on holiday or STF?

The long dark Shadow of Petrie is still cast over them and he is still running the show mr 10% does not do " Walking Away "

Ron Burgundy

Good idea. I don't want them fan owned. I want them dead and gone.

They look across the city and see pieces being put in place in fairly unique circumstances. They looked forward to a period of equality if not dominance but still lost almost all games last term despite a transfer ban and it continues into this season. The reaction is more to do with Hearts recovery than anything else and that's not a good starting point for the disgruntled, the same disgruntled who, only a few weeks back, would have been appeased by a relegation party.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I remember a very long time ago, when Hibs had the upper hand in the city with players like Pat Stanton, Alex Cropley etc in their ranks, a friend, much older than me and a Hibs supporter to boot, telling me that Hearts' problem was, that while the Hibs fans would refuse to turn up at Easter Road if the results were bad, the Hearts supporters were too loyal and would turn up in numbers regardless of their results. This, according to him, made the Hibs' board spend money on players while their Hearts counterparts remained complacent. While this was only his opinion, though he suggested it was shared by many others, recent events seem to suggest that there was some foundation in what he said, in respect, at least, to the supporters' reactions to bad results/times. When Hearts hit their lowest ebb the support digs deep and the crowds actually go up. At Hibs on the other hand, they organise the odd rally...

BangkokHearts

In life, in death, rich or poor... They are forever Hibernian. They usually reek of it. O'connor for example, talented, high earnings... his Hibsness still dragged him back to gutter by thirty.

Forever Hibernian

Banging the goals in for mighty Selkirk so I hear.

Ron Burgundy

No way they would get enough pledges to even consider this a feasible option.

I'd note an interest then cancel like some of those welts were supposed to have done. After their recent shenanigans I'd do everything I could to piss them off.

I heard noises that one of the reasons that Dempster was recruited was to look at this as a potential route. Farmer's health is an issue.

Administration in many ways galvanised the Hearts support. Never at any stage did the FoH model look anything but likely to succeed. Whether Hibs like it or not, they're no close to being an equivalent sized club to Hearts and it will be embarrassing if they temperature gauge this and realise there is no viability to progress.

Something has to change at Hibs though. This is going to be a test of STF's philanthropy and legacy.

Seymour M Hersh

There is a Q&A/forum in the ground prior to their cup match this week. After yesterday this should be comedy gold.

Archived